8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Kjr123 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:05 am
Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am Also, aren't most of the things we talk about on this forum personal matters? What is the big deal with sexual orientation anyway? Why is it so different than all the other topics people speculate about, even regarding minors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right? What’s the difference between thinking someone is gay and assuming that a child and anyone of the opposite sex is a “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” which ruby does ALL THE TIME. Being gay is not something to be shameful of so its silly people get mad. So it’s ok to say russel has crushes on girls but defiantly not ok to say he might have a crush on a boy? Weird way of thinking in my opinion
True but it’s kind of creepy that we, as adults, are contemplating the sexuality of minors. Especially those who are essentially trapped in an oppressive religion (or cult, depending on your opinion). They could literally be shunned by family and others in the community for being gay. We can’t help but be curious and judgemental when watching the vlogs, but I feel really bad for all of these kids. It’s bad enough that their parents are sexualizing them in an icky way for views and money.

I know some people are being rude/snarky for accusing Jared of being gay. It’s not Jared being possibly being gay that disturbs me. It’s the fact that, if he is gay, I feel like there’s a possibility he misled his wife into believing she’s have a normal marriage. She was still in high school when they met and very naive. She’s also sort of a bimbo.

In fact, even if he’d been up front with her in the beginning, there’s no way a 17/18 year old could forecast what life would be like in the future and what she’d be giving up or compromising. It could be why she seems so unhappy and neurotic.
Sneege07
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sneege07 »

Maybe I'm just oversensitive or it's because I really despise Ruby, but I feel like the whole beginning of this vlog with the drum roll and crap was seriously just so mean. Julie looked seriously pissed when she was getting pancakes.

I don't know, I tease my kids but I just feel like that was mean. I would be upset if my husband did something like that and I'm 30!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I saw Julie’s face and it said everything! She’s in hell being stuck a home being Ruby’s slave for all spring break. What a shitty thing to do. Clean, clean, clean. I’d tell her to F off and do it herself...she’s home ALL day..and still can’t manage to feed them a hot dinner. Pathetic! Pointing her broken witch finger at them all...I hate her.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:36 am When people say “Jared is obviously gay” they aren’t saying it to be kind and supportive. It is often used as a sort of insult/criticism on these boards. Russell is just a boy. I agree we don’t need to speculate on his sexuality. I wouldn’t want to hear about a girl his age’s crush either. Let them be kids.

That is very true. I just find it very funny that ruby is quick to say he has “girlfriends” than responded to someone on Instagram that no one should be assuming his sexual orientation. She’s just a hypocrite. But we all knew that. Lol
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brazilnut »

Is Shari a common name among Mormon teenagers in Utah? If not, I have some possible tea.

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

I'm an exmormon. I often participate on discussions on a Reddit forum about, well, exmormons. One of the posters a few weeks ago mentioned her relationship with her mother. She described a situation in which, even though her whole family knows she has one foot out of the door of the church, her mother uses her as an example in front of her younger siblings, partly to guilt trip her. This is a very common behavior, they usually ask struggling members to speak in public about their faith, in hopes that it'll help them in their faith crisis. This poster said their name was Shari, they were 16 and they lived in Utah. I can totally see Shari being not very smart about privacy, as we can tell by the track uniform incident. Either way, if it was just a coincidence, I thought it was funny. I hope she really has her foot out the door and I can totally see it happening.

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:42 pm I'm an exmormon. I often participate on discussions on a Reddit forum about, well, exmormons. One of the posters a few weeks ago mentioned her relationship with her mother. She described a situation in which, even though her whole family knows she has one foot out of the door of the church, her mother uses her as an example in front of her younger siblings, partly to guilt trip her. This is a very common behavior, they usually ask struggling members to speak in public about their faith, in hopes that it'll help them in their faith crisis. This poster said their name was Shari, they were 16 and they lived in Utah. I can totally see Shari being not very smart about privacy, as we can tell by the track uniform incident. Either way, if it was just a coincidence, I thought it was funny. I hope she really has her foot out the door and I can totally see it happening.

Honestly, Shari seems the least likely to leave the Latter Day Saints church to me out of her siblings. What does everyone else think? I could definitely see Chad leaving first. I feel like Abby is more likely to leave than Julie solely based on I think Abby would be more able to stand up to her parents than Julie. Although this could easily change as they mature. Honestly I hope they all get out. It would be even better if the parents got out first so the children would naturally follow. It would be great if they would join a non-denominational church. It's a shame when the LDS church not only drives people away from church but also Jesus Christ. The problem is with the church not Him.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Did anyone else find it interesting that Chad grouped Abby in with the "little kids" when he was explaining the video game situation, while he was helping Julie to buy a controller of her own to keep from getting damaged? If I didn't know better, I might think Julie was a few years older than Abby based on behavior alone. It's interesting to me that Chad possibly sees the same thing.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

MelE wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:39 pm Did anyone else find it interesting that Chad grouped Abby in with the "little kids" when he was explaining the video game situation, while he was helping Julie to buy a controller of her own to keep from getting damaged? If I didn't know better, I might think Julie was a few years older than Abby based on behavior alone. It's interesting to me that Chad possibly sees the same thing.
Abby is really immature compared to Julie. I'm not going to lie it was cute they were all playing a video game together. Never expected that, with Eve and Russell no less. Melted my heart.
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Gossip_Girl wrote:
Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:42 pm I'm an exmormon. I often participate on discussions on a Reddit forum about, well, exmormons. One of the posters a few weeks ago mentioned her relationship with her mother. She described a situation in which, even though her whole family knows she has one foot out of the door of the church, her mother uses her as an example in front of her younger siblings, partly to guilt trip her. This is a very common behavior, they usually ask struggling members to speak in public about their faith, in hopes that it'll help them in their faith crisis. This poster said their name was Shari, they were 16 and they lived in Utah. I can totally see Shari being not very smart about privacy, as we can tell by the track uniform incident. Either way, if it was just a coincidence, I thought it was funny. I hope she really has her foot out the door and I can totally see it happening.

Honestly, Shari seems the least likely to leave the Latter Day Saints church to me out of her siblings. What does everyone else think? I could definitely see Chad leaving first. I feel like Abby is more likely to leave than Julie solely based on I think Abby would be more able to stand up to her parents than Julie. Although this could easily change as they mature. Honestly I hope they all get out. It would be even better if the parents got out first so the children would naturally follow. It would be great if they would join a non-denominational church. It's a shame when the LDS church not only drives people away from church but also Jesus Christ. The problem is with the church not Him.
I think it's possible that Shari doesn't buy into it at all and is putting on a show of great mormon daughter until she turns 18. But she could also totally drink the kool-aid and believe it. Out of all the kids, I think it's possible that Julie will start to not believe it because of how differently she's treated. This doesn't mean she'll leave the church, though, I kept up with appearances for many years before I left, and know several people who went through the same process.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Brazilnut wrote:
Gossip_Girl wrote:

I think it's possible that Shari doesn't buy into it at all and is putting on a show of great mormon daughter until she turns 18. But she could also totally drink the kool-aid and believe it. Out of all the kids, I think it's possible that Julie will start to not believe it because of how differently she's treated. This doesn't mean she'll leave the church, though, I kept up with appearances for many years before I left, and know several people who went through the same process.

Shari is a mini Ruby. The comments she makes and presents herself are too uneducated to leave right now. It would be Chad, Julie, and Eve.

Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

If Ruby is legitmentally concerned about acne, why not take her to the doctor? It's called hormonal acne, which Sheri has too. Not that hard to get a prescription or you know put them on BC. Reminds me of my family. Forcing me to use products that would make my face worse.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I can’t imagine eating a butt load of sugar and carbs is doing her acne any favors. Go see a Dr. That shits going to leave marks. Poor girl. The ONLY reason Ruby is now concerned is her family photo shoot coming up and can’t have her kid looking like a hot mess with zits..for her precious book. Disgusting on every level.
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

Brazilnut wrote:Is Shari a common name among Mormon teenagers in Utah? If not, I have some possible tea.

What is the tea omg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

bbaby18 wrote:
Brazilnut wrote:Is Shari a common name among Mormon teenagers in Utah? If not, I have some possible tea.

What is the tea omg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Gurl I already posted it! It's about someone named Shari who posted something on reddit. It's only a few posts above this. I came to find out that Shari/Sheri is actually a very common name in Utah lol

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Who takes their 5 year old to Ulta as a reward for being good?

I find it hard to believe that Abby is totally unbothered by her acne. Maybe it’s just me and my own opinion, but I would definitely be a little insecure about it.

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Okay54321 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:49 am If Ruby is legitmentally concerned about acne, why not take her to the doctor? It's called hormonal acne, which Sheri has too. Not that hard to get a prescription or you know put them on BC. Reminds me of my family. Forcing me to use products that would make my face worse.
Aren’t Mormons against all forms of birth control? This would explain why they have so many kids. 😂 I’m sure some Mormons are on birth control regardless but I don’t see Ruby allowing her daughters to be on BC. She would probably see it as a temptation and not for a medical purpose.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Birth control is a personal choice and many, many Latter Day Saints use it.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Catface2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:22 pm Birth control is a personal choice and many, many Latter Day Saints use it.
Of course it is a personal choice and it does not surprise me that LDS members use it. Ruby just seems like the type to not want her daughters to be on BC. Many LDS leaders in the past have expressed that birth control is not approved of in the LDS church. Birth control has been frowned upon for many years in the LDS church. Especially while Ruby was growing up and along with Ruby's parents. I think the late 90s was the first time the church came out and said that birth control was a private decision to be discussed between a married couple and God. It would't surprise me if some LDS members still view BC as a disobedience to God.
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

Okay54321 wrote:If Ruby is legitmentally concerned about acne, why not take her to the doctor? It's called hormonal acne, which Sheri has too. Not that hard to get a prescription or you know put them on BC. Reminds me of my family. Forcing me to use products that would make my face worse.
I thought the same thing! When Ruby started to say “and I made an appointment for-“ I thought she was going to say a doctor’s appointment...but it was for an acne facial? Just go to an actual dermatologist!

It’s also kind of not cool to make a big deal about Abby’s acne in the vlog, even if it’s something she’s not bothered by right now. Maybe it didn’t bother Abby before, but Ruby making a whole thing about it on the vlog might make her more self conscience about it going forward. Sometimes things like that don’t bother us until they are pointed out in a certain way.

Return to “8 Passengers”