8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by endof »

I seriously doubt any of the Griffs will leave their faith and not because of the church but more because of Ruby! The guilt trip and brain washing has started early and equates to disappointing mommy more than any church!
There is a vlog where she is on her knees in the music room crying while telling them never to leave their faith, the expression on Abby’s face in that vlog says it all! Manipulation and brainwashing at its finest!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

endof wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm I seriously doubt any of the Griffs will leave their faith and not because of the church but more because of Ruby! The guilt trip and brain washing has started early and equates to disappointing mommy more than any church!
There is a vlog where she is on her knees in the music room crying while telling them never to leave their faith, the expression on Abby’s face in that vlog says it all! Manipulation and brainwashing at its finest!
What vlog!?!?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:49 pm
endof wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm I seriously doubt any of the Griffs will leave their faith and not because of the church but more because of Ruby! The guilt trip and brain washing has started early and equates to disappointing mommy more than any church!
What vlog!?!?
I will have a look can’t remember them all but I will find it
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

At least they tackled some of the controversial assumptions about them. I don't know if they answered truthfully but at least they didn't avoid them. Kevin's right, most assumption vlogs are softball questions.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Wow. I’m actually blown away by this assumptions video.
Glad they answered the tough questions. Love how Chad, Abby and Julie answered some questions.
I was not expecting this at all. Sure they’ve had time to think about what/how to answer - but regardless, I thought it was great and probably the only video of theirs I like lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Addicted2vlogs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 am Wow. I’m actually blown away by this assumptions video.
Glad they answered the tough questions. Love how Chad, Abby and Julie answered some questions.
I was not expecting this at all. Sure they’ve had time to think about what/how to answer - but regardless, I thought it was great and probably the only video of theirs I like lol

Same. It was nice to hear their responses without them getting too defensive.
daniwilliams77
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daniwilliams77 »

idk if this subject has been commented on before but is sharis head slightly bigger? or is it just her hair? she seems so tiny for such a big head im sorry i dont mean to be rude lol
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

daniwilliams77 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:17 am idk if this subject has been commented on before but is sharis head slightly bigger? or is it just her hair? she seems so tiny for such a big head im sorry i dont mean to be rude lol
Several people on this thread (and Shari) have wondered if she has a mild form of dwarfism. The genetic condition is often marked by short stature, a disproportionately large head (wider at the top), long torso and short limbs. Obviously not diagnosing, only reporting what's observed, and what Shari herself has stated.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

ujvs_ wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:46 am
Addicted2vlogs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 am Wow. I’m actually blown away by this assumptions video.

Same. It was nice to hear their responses without them getting too defensive.
I thought so too. It once again shows that Ruby seems to be a lot smarter than Bonnie and Ellie when it comes to handling the youtube business. Instead of deleting, blocking and ignoring the "tough" questions she tackles them, which certainly brings her a lot more respect than Bonnie's approach. They obviously didn't say too much (Russell being physically behind, but intellectually ahead doesn't answer the question if he might have some for of autism for example. Or asking Julie in the end if she was "secretly" bullied in the family, but then didn't really give her the chance to answer - and what means "secretly" anyway? We've seen it and Shari admitted to doing it just a few vlogs back - three times within a ten minute video....) and we don't know if what they were saying is true. But it still was a good way to approach the assumptions video. Chad is pretty eloquent and so is Julie. It's hard to believe she just turned ten.
Aaand: I would have loved to hear Shari talk more about how she thought that her parents don't treat the kids equally :D

Can't believe that people actually believe last year's april fools vlog and still write emails about that.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I agree, I liked the assumption video overall. It was more interesting and real than a lot I’ve watched. I don’t think all the answers where whole truths but what else were we to expect. I agree the kids are treated differently and wanted to hear more from Ruby on that and I’m glad she admitted she was a control freak prior to YouTube.

I think Ruby could have addressed the chick fil a video which paints a clear picture of her past views on lgbtq culture. I understand not drawing attention to the video for her image’s sake but it’s still out there. It’s fine that her views have evolved if that’s true but just say we didn’t always feel this way. Or acknowledge that this assumption comes their religions treatment of gay people over the past decades. They too may be evolving now but the rest of society still sees a pretty oppressed religion.

I think Shari’s answer was decent about why they don’t have any “coloured” friends as many of the comments asked. I’m guessing this term was used by people outside the US but I saw it a ton. She’s right, they don’t need a token black person in their videos, especially considering there probably are t many to choose from in their area. But I think Ruby and Kevin should do more to expose their kids to different to cultures prior to missions. That’s 18 formative years wasted. Do girls even go on missions? Shari will have a hard time getting in to any sort of elite college with zero cultural influences in her life. Colleges are looking for well rounded students, not one note applicants like her. YouTube famous isn’t going to cut it.

Her answers with Russell and Julie were fine. I’m sure Russell’s femur fracture had a lot to do with his mobility issues. I hope he was in PT/OT at the time. I don’t think she fully grasps why people see an issue with Julie. She is treated poorly a lot of the time and her ticks have caused viewers concern. Her age may separate her from the teen group but maturity wise she fits right in.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Tiger27 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 am I agree, I liked the assumption video overall. It was more interesting and real than a lot I’ve watched. I don’t think all the answers where whole truths but what else were we to expect. I agree the kids are treated differently and wanted to hear more from Ruby on that and I’m glad she admitted she was a control freak prior to YouTube.

I think Ruby could have addressed the chick fil a video which paints a clear picture of her past views on lgbtq culture. I understand not drawing attention to the video for her image’s sake but it’s still out there. It’s fine that her views have evolved if that’s true but just say we didn’t always feel this way. Or acknowledge that this assumption comes their religions treatment of gay people over the past decades. They too may be evolving now but the rest of society still sees a pretty oppressed religion.

I think Shari’s answer was decent about why they don’t have any “coloured” friends as many of the comments asked. I’m guessing this term was used by people outside the US but I saw it a ton. She’s right, they don’t need a token black person in their videos, especially considering there probably are t many to choose from in their area. But I think Ruby and Kevin should do more to expose their kids to different to cultures prior to missions. That’s 18 formative years wasted. Do girls even go on missions? Shari will have a hard time getting in to any sort of elite college with zero cultural influences in her life. Colleges are looking for well rounded students, not one note applicants like her. YouTube famous isn’t going to cut it.

Her answers with Russell and Julie were fine. I’m sure Russell’s femur fracture had a lot to do with his mobility issues. I hope he was in PT/OT at the time. I don’t think she fully grasps why people see an issue with Julie. She is treated poorly a lot of the time and her ticks have caused viewers concern. Her age may separate her from the teen group but maturity wise she fits right in.

Julie is 10 and Abby 11, the only thing separating them is their family. They are both tweens in elementary school.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:06 am
Tiger27 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 am I agree, I liked the assumption video overall. It was more interesting and real than a lot I’ve watched. I don’t think all the answers where whole truths but what else were we to expect. I agree the kids are treated differently and wanted to hear more from Ruby on that and I’m glad she admitted she was a control freak prior to YouTube.

Julie is 10 and Abby 11, the only thing separating them is their family. They are both tweens in elementary school.
Abby turns 12 in April though, so they are almost two years apart. Other than that, I totally agree, especially since Abby doesn't seem to be interested in a lot of the teenage stuff. Unfortunately for her, her body started changing pretty early, but emotionally she still seems to be a child (which is totally fine!), so being paired with Julie instead of the teenage group would probably do her some good.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I'm sure Shari will go to BYU where she will fit in just fine - with a reduced tuition thanks to dad.
Kellyannat
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kellyannat »

The assumption video was good and they answered a lot that I didn’t think they would. However I hated when chad said that in their church they choose to be in the religion when they turn 8. Okay but 8 is still young and at that age your parents are still supporting you. What child who’s is 8 is going to choose a different religion then their parents? And at 8 you still don’t know much about your religion. Children at 8 are still innocent and impressible and still have to technically listen and obey their parents. I can understand choosing your own religion at 18. My parents are catholic and I really didn’t want to go to church and my parents told me when I’m 18 I can make my own choices but while I was underage I still had to obey their rules. The fact that you need to choose what religion you want when you’re 8 in their church is a good way to ensure that the kids are brainwashed and forced into something they don’t want to do.
Kellyannat
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kellyannat »

The assumption video was good and they answered a lot that I didn’t think they would. However I hated when chad said that in their church they choose to be in the religion when they turn 8. Okay but 8 is still young and at that age your parents are still supporting you. What child who’s is 8 is going to choose a different religion then their parents? And at 8 you still don’t know much about your religion. Children at 8 are still innocent and impressible and still have to technically listen and obey their parents. I can understand choosing your own religion at 18. My parents are catholic and I really didn’t want to go to church and my parents told me when I’m 18 I can make my own choices but while I was underage I still had to obey their rules. The fact that you need to choose what religion you want when you’re 8 in their church is a good way to ensure that the kids are brainwashed and forced into something they don’t want to do.
reinedelaneige
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by reinedelaneige »

agreed. i don’t think chad saying they have the option to choose when they’re 8 is a good example of free will in that church. no 8 year old i know is self-reliant enough to go against what their parents/entire family chooses. they are not mature enough to be aware of what else is out there and i don’t believe their family in particular makes a concerted effort to show the children what else is out there and treats those things like viable options. 8 years old is just old enough for a child to understand what is being asked of them but young enough to ensure they likely won’t know enough to break away from what they’ve grown up believing. at 8, they only know what they’ve been taught. how could you rightfully expect a child to deviate from their “norm” on their own volition. they deliberately set it up to disguise a child’s confusion and will to please their family as free will.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Everyone was natural answering apart from Shari she came across narcissistic and obnoxious! Also again Kevin cool and humorous about sb calling him ugly but when he said sb also called Ruby ugly, she immediately has to say other people think she is so great she looks fake! 🙄
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I wonder if Kevin was throwing a little shade at Ellie and Jared's assumptions vlog on the softball questions? Both Ruby and even Bonnie answered harder and more truthful I believe on the questions. I think E and J picked through theirs quite a bit. That's why I laugh when they talk about doing a podcast where people could post questions and comments live. Julie's assumptions vlog is supposed to be this week I believe.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

I don't think people outside of the United States realize how normal it is for people living in Utah to not have any friends of color. Utah's estimated non-Hispanic White population is 78%. Utah's African American population is roughly 2%. Women aren't expected to go on missions but they can.
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

Kellyannat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am The assumption video was good and they answered a lot that I didn’t think they would. However I hated when chad said that in their church they choose to be in the religion when they turn 8. Okay but 8 is still young and at that age your parents are still supporting you. What child who’s is 8 is going to choose a different religion then their parents? And at 8 you still don’t know much about your religion. Children at 8 are still innocent and impressible and still have to technically listen and obey their parents. I can understand choosing your own religion at 18. My parents are catholic and I really didn’t want to go to church and my parents told me when I’m 18 I can make my own choices but while I was underage I still had to obey their rules. The fact that you need to choose what religion you want when you’re 8 in their church is a good way to ensure that the kids are brainwashed and forced into something they don’t want to do.
I was thinking the same thing. When I was eight I was immature enough that I probably would've eaten sweets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for example. (lol) I definitely would not have the mature enough mindset to choose something as important as my religion at eight years old. Makes me think sometimes that these children are raising themselves. Just look at Eve when she was 3-4. Ruby would make Eve get up and get dressed for preschool by herself. If she did not wake up, she did not go. Might just be a different culture, but damn, the Mormons sure expect their children to be grown up fairly quickly.

Return to “8 Passengers”