8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Namm »

Kellyannat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am The assumption video was good and they answered a lot that I didn’t think they would. However I hated when chad said that in their church they choose to be in the religion when they turn 8. Okay but 8 is still young and at that age your parents are still supporting you. What child who’s is 8 is going to choose a different religion then their parents? And at 8 you still don’t know much about your religion. Children at 8 are still innocent and impressible and still have to technically listen and obey their parents. I can understand choosing your own religion at 18. My parents are catholic and I really didn’t want to go to church and my parents told me when I’m 18 I can make my own choices but while I was underage I still had to obey their rules. The fact that you need to choose what religion you want when you’re 8 in their church is a good way to ensure that the kids are brainwashed and forced into something they don’t want to do.
It was good, better than I expected. I just didn't like the part with Julie. Ruby put the blame and responsibility on Julie. It was weird, what was Julie suppose to answer when her mother asked her if she felt bullied with the camera in her face like that? That part didn't make sense and they all looked guilty. This means that they are going to continue to treat Julie the same way.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ICantEven »

LilaRose wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 am
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:06 am
Tiger27 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 am I agree, I liked the assumption video overall. It was more interesting and real than a lot I’ve watched. I don’t think all the answers where whole truths but what else were we to expect. I agree the kids are treated differently and wanted to hear more from Ruby on that and I’m glad she admitted she was a control freak prior to YouTube.

I think Ruby could have addressed the chick fil a video which paints a clear picture of her past views on lgbtq culture. I understand not drawing attention to the video for her image’s sake but it’s still out there. It’s fine that her views have evolved if that’s true but just say we didn’t always feel this way. Or acknowledge that this assumption comes their religions treatment of gay people over the past decades. They too may be evolving now but the rest of society still sees a pretty oppressed religion.

I think Shari’s answer was decent about why they don’t have any “coloured” friends as many of the comments asked. I’m guessing this term was used by people outside the US but I saw it a ton. She’s right, they don’t need a token black person in their videos, especially considering there probably are t many to choose from in their area. But I think Ruby and Kevin should do more to expose their kids to different to cultures prior to missions. That’s 18 formative years wasted. Do girls even go on missions? Shari will have a hard time getting in to any sort of elite college with zero cultural influences in her life. Colleges are looking for well rounded students, not one note applicants like her. YouTube famous isn’t going to cut it.

Her answers with Russell and Julie were fine. I’m sure Russell’s femur fracture had a lot to do with his mobility issues. I hope he was in PT/OT at the time. I don’t think she fully grasps why people see an issue with Julie. She is treated poorly a lot of the time and her ticks have caused viewers concern. Her age may separate her from the teen group but maturity wise she fits right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Julie is 10 and Abby 11, the only thing separating them is their family. They are both tweens in elementary school.
Abby turns 12 in April though, so they are almost two years apart. Other than that, I totally agree, especially since Abby doesn't seem to be interested in a lot of the teenage stuff. Unfortunately for her, her body started changing pretty early, but emotionally she still seems to be a child (which is totally fine!), so being paired with Julie instead of the teenage group would probably do her some good.
I wonder if the difference does have to do with the physical changes in Abby and the importance in their family culture. She is now a woman and as such has the potential to bear children which is super important to their family. Both girls used to both be firmly in the "kids" group and were lumped together all the time. It's only been in the last year that Abby has become Shari's sidekick.

Speaking of... I thought Shari's period kit video with Abby was so dumb. She was literally copying what she's seen (and gets views, probably under ruby's direction). Clearly she has never shopped for anything, and we already know ruby buys a year's worth of feminine products at a time. Shari is literally spouting BS she is making up as she goes along, and what makes me mad is that she doesn't realize that the young girls watching will actually follow that advice. Not that I heard her say anything that's going to hurt anyone. It was just a super pointless video with no information or real advice. But hey it got 550,000 view$$.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Hopefully Julie will tell them all to go piss off and move to California and become some creative something or another and be happy. Maybe she’ll work for Disney or something! HA!!wouldn’t that be a hoot!
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

From a throw back video. I’m still trying to figure out how Bonnie and Ellie shared a winter coat when they were younger.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

shortstop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm From a throw back video. I’m still trying to figure out how Bonnie and Ellie shared a winter coat when they were younger.
They lie all the time
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

The April fools "prank" was so weird and I wonder who did it? Of course Shari had to be snobby to them. I don't really believe any of their assumption answers. They just said what people wanted to hear. I feel bad that Chad had most likely been broken up with that day or a few before and they ask if he was secretly dating Kesley :/
Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

Okay54321 wrote:The April fools "prank" was so weird and I wonder who did it? Of course Shari had to be snobby to them. I don't really believe any of their assumption answers. They just said what people wanted to hear. I feel bad that Chad had most likely been broken up with that day or a few before and they ask if he was secretly dating Kesley :/
Wait they broke up? I haven’t watched in FOREVER

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

The assumptions vlog was LAME! I knew they wouldn't answer the questions truthfully. They just say whatever they can to go around the issue without actually telling the truth. I wonder how many "takes" the kids had while answering the questions because they didn't get the answers quite the way Ruby wanted them to say it. We all know the truth, nothing that woman say's is believable.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I find it hard to believe Shari would leave a homework assignment sit for a week. Insta story. Even if it’s Springbreak
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

I didn’t feel like the assumptions video was all that great. Yeah they brought up questions that we thought would be avoided, but I still feel like they didn’t really answer them. Like I didn’t really take away any new information about them?

The Julie thing really bothered me. Like others said, how is she supposed to answer when the camera is in his face like that? She clearly gets treated like crap by her family. Everyone sees it.

As always, Shari is SO obnoxious and needs to drop her smart ass attitude. I can’t stand her. She’s almost worse than Ruby to me at this point.

I think people were wondering more if Russell is autistic... which they didn’t really answer either. All they said was he’s smart but took longer with his physical development. Still doesn’t mean there isn’t something emotionally or socially different about him. Not that it’s our business, I suppose, but interesting how they kind of skirted that one.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Catface2 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm
shortstop wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm From a throw back video. I’m still trying to figure out how Bonnie and Ellie shared a winter coat when they were younger.
They lie all the time
I think they shared one nice coat and had their own regular winter coats for every day use. I think that is the only way it makes sense. Like if one of them had an occasion, she could wear the nice coat.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I did like their assumptions -video. I felt like they were quite honest and I was happy that they did answer some of them openly in front of their kids (like the LGBT+ assumption) but I totally disagreed with their decision that they said that thing in front of Russel and put Julie on spot with that treatment assumption. At least Shari was brave enough to say that they do not treat them fairly/equally. (I don't blame them for it, that happens literally in every big family. It's life. Get over it.) I got Chad's point that he felt like he had a choice when he was 8. Good for him. But as an adult, I can clearly see that no 8-year-old truly has a choice in situation like that! The social pressure and a want to please parents is truly too great to choose nothing else but to join. Also the decision cannot be too informed because that is basically what you have known all your life so far. That's why minors cannot legally give consent in certain matters and vote.

I'm happy that Ruby told that she has changed some of her parenting due to Youtube! Finally some self-awareness. I'm happy that she saw herself as too controlling and let bit loos. She still has her quirks but I think it is still better than it used to be.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Kataja wrote:
Catface2 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm
They lie all the time
I think they shared one nice coat and had their own regular winter coats for every day use. I think that is the only way it makes sense. Like if one of them had an occasion, she could wear the nice coat.
On one of the Christmas videos, grandpa griff interviewed Bonnie what she got for Christmas she said she got a new coat so she and Eli don’t have to share anymore. If I remember correctly, it look like a regular winter jacket.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Here’s the vlog of the coat situation

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Nice rifles
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Oh my gosh. She couldn’t have been more thrilled out her Encyclopedia of nails.

Tizzy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tizzy »

I don’t know if this has ever been discussed but I get an unfaithful husband vibe from Kevin..
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

shortstop wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:58 am Here’s the vlog of the coat situation

Seriously, why are those people always getting guns?? Maybe it's because I live in a country where it's illegal to have any guns but it's just super weird that they give them to their young kids...

Also, Ellie said she is 10 and then Bonnie is 15, does that mean that two sister who are five years apart and have totally different body shapes shared a COAT? Seriously?! A coat is something you wear every single day! These people are literally insane to let their kids walk around without proper outerwear.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm
Okay54321 wrote:The April fools "prank" was so weird and I wonder who did it? Of course Shari had to be snobby to them. I don't really believe any of their assumption answers. They just said what people wanted to hear. I feel bad that Chad had most likely been broken up with that day or a few before and they ask if he was secretly dating Kesley :/
Wait they broke up? I haven’t watched in FOREVER

Were they even together "in reality" ?
I don't think that they had anything serious going on besides their parents need of storytelling for their vlogs.

I had to check Shari's boyfriend or close friends family channel. First, his mother quit working her job when they started dating or became friends with Frankes daughter Shari and the reason was because God had another plan for her (Youtube). The son never talks that much in the vlogs with his family but it's obvious that the mother started vlogging because people recognize her son from Shari's and 8 passengers channel.
Everyone quits their job and starts vlogging even when they have nothing to vlog about.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Tizzy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:04 am I don’t know if this has ever been discussed but I get an unfaithful husband vibe from Kevin..
Probably because he doesn't fawn all over his wife like Jared and Joel do. To me, he seems the most normal of the three. I doubt he would be unfaithful since he is so religious but you never know of course.

Return to “8 Passengers”