MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites/YAWI

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

ICantEven wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm
MelE wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:26 pm
I also LOLed when they got pulled over. Idk where they hid their extra kid while the cop was there...They said they had 6 in the back, 2 in front, 8 total. But they definitely had 7 kids with them...
I was thinking about this before they even got pulled over. We see all the kids except Lizzy and Allie (one of them was sitting next to canyon and filming, I assume Allie). I don't think there is room for another given what we see of the seating. The only way it would work is with 4 in the back seat. They were going from the airport to dinner with a large group, so maybe Lizzy rode with friends or family. Their grandmother (I assume) was also at the house before (and maybe after) so she obviously had driven separately. Not that I'd be shocked if they were all in that car, but in this particular instance it is not a definite conclusion.
I thought Allie went with family and the one next to Canyon was Danielle but it does make sense Allie was filming. Maybe that's also why the cop asked though like maybe he had counted 7 heads before one ducked.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

MiloandMax1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm
MelE wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:26 pm
I also LOLed when they got pulled over. Idk where they hid their extra kid while the cop was there...They said they had 6 in the back, 2 in front, 8 total. But they definitely had 7 kids with them...
I was thinking about this before they even got pulled over. We see all the kids except Lizzy and Allie (one of them was sitting next to canyon and filming, I assume Allie). I don't think there is room for another given what we see of the seating. The only way it would work is with 4 in the back seat. They were going from the airport to dinner with a large group, so maybe Lizzy rode with friends or family. Their grandmother (I assume) was also at the house before (and maybe after) so she obviously had driven separately. Not that I'd be shocked if they were all in that car, but in this particular instance it is not a definite conclusion.
I thought Allie went with family and the one next to Canyon was Danielle but it does make sense Allie was filming. Maybe that's also why the cop asked though like maybe he had counted 7 heads before one ducked.
They definitely put four kids in the back. If you watch "Opening Gifts From Branson's Mission!" you will see Daniell, Savannah or Lizzie (I can't tell them apart in this clip) and either Savannah or Lizzie sitting next to Az.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Did Johnny seriously put a video on the internet for anyone to see where he says his 4 year old has a pull-ups "fetish." I'm sure he just doesn't know the precise meaning of the word, but still. Even while editing the vlog he couldn't be bothered to look it up? Weirdo.

Also, if your kid is 4 FREAKING YEARS OLD and able to put pull-ups on by himself, maybe he shouldn't be using them anymore. Seriously, is this kid starting school in the fall?
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Daniell is so pretty. Wow. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 12781b.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

A 4 yr. old vlog just popped up on my recommend list. WOW. Did an of you watch them back then? Is this how is used to be normally?
Sunday Morning Routine THROW BACK!!
1) Allie (13?) was kept up until 1 AM cleaning the house, then woken up Sunday morning to feed, bathe, and clothe baby Canyon and make Az's bed.

2) Interesting that Savannah was still sneaking into the boys room at night all the way back then too. So much so, someone put a sign on their door telling her to stay out. Yet Mom was sleeping in while 7 yr old Savannah was watching the baby and toddler.

3) I love Daniell. She is my favorite....but she looks like a baby prostitute in this vlog. Is this the way 10 yr olds dress for church in Utah, or did this family stick out like a sore thumb?
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.26.24 PM.png
4) Branson was also up until midnight cleaning, but he is lucky enough not to have any responsibility for the kids unlike the girls, and Allie gets Daniell's chores because her stomach hurt.

5) Unfortunately, a clean house means the kids are sent out to the backyard to eat, so they don't make a mess in the kitchen (that the kids stayed up all night cleaning). Then Johnny is mad that they were out for an hour and didn't eat....maybe because you sent kids to eat at a trampoline instead of a dining table....

Any other old vlogs I should watch for more "backstory"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:A 4 yr. old vlog just popped up on my recommend list. WOW. Did an of you watch them back then? Is this how is used to be normally?
1) Allie (13?) was kept up until 1 AM cleaning the house, then woken up Sunday morning to feed, bathe, and clothe baby Canyon and make Az's bed.

2) Interesting that Savannah was still sneaking into the boys room at night all the way back then too. So much so, someone put a sign on their door telling her to stay out. Yet Mom was sleeping in while 7 yr old Savannah was watching the baby and toddler.

3) I love Daniell. She is my favorite....but she looks like a baby prostitute in this vlog. Is this the way 10 yr olds dress for church in Utah, or did this family stick out like a sore thumb?
4) Branson was also up until midnight cleaning, but he is lucky enough not to have any responsibility for the kids unlike the girls, and Allie gets Daniell's chores because her stomach hurt.

5) Unfortunately, a clean house means the kids are sent out to the backyard to eat, so they don't make a mess in the kitchen (that the kids stayed up all night cleaning). Then Johnny is mad that they were out for an hour and didn't eat....maybe because you sent kids to eat at a trampoline instead of a dining table....

link?

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ACarATorchAJess wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:59 am
Kattiness Everdeen wrote:A 4 yr. old vlog just popped up on my recommend list. WOW. Did an of you watch them back then? Is this how is used to be normally?

link?

MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

They still talk to Canyon the same way they did when he was that young. I hated watching Allie play mom while Sarah just films. Seriously, why did Allie have to dress Canyon, make Az's bed, etc if Sarah wasn't busy and had time to stand around with a camera? And Johnny complaining about having to sweep up a few dropped crumbs from the younger kids after he made Allie stay up til 1am cleaning the ENTIRE floor was just ridiculous. I often criticize Allie's behaviors but being reminded of the environment she had to grow up in makes me feel sorry for her.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MelE wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 am They still talk to Canyon the same way they did when he was that young. I hated watching Allie play mom while Sarah just films. Seriously, why did Allie have to dress Canyon, make Az's bed, etc if Sarah wasn't busy and had time to stand around with a camera? And Johnny complaining about having to sweep up a few dropped crumbs from the younger kids after he made Allie stay up til 1am cleaning the ENTIRE floor was just ridiculous. I often criticize Allie's behaviors but being reminded of the environment she had to grow up in makes me feel sorry for her.
I feel similarly about Allie. I often criticize her, but I had no idea how she used to be treated. These old videos are illuminating and depressing. I can also see how Daniell got the "bad kid" label. She probably stood up against being a slave to her parents.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Gossip_Girl wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:54 pm
MiloandMax1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm

They definitely put four kids in the back. If you watch "Opening Gifts From Branson's Mission!" you will see Daniell, Savannah or Lizzie (I can't tell them apart in this clip) and either Savannah or Lizzie sitting next to Az.
Good catch! I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they blew it within a day. Haha

They seriously have no excuse with 4 drivers in the family. I grew up in a big family and I'm glad my parents never put us kids at risk in a car just for their own convenience.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Maybe Allie can use all of her working for her family as experience to get a job as Cinderella at Disney world! ;)
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

I have no problem with older children helping out with the younger ones or helping out around the house. IMO that is expected in a larger family but the parents should still be doing 90% of the jobs/parenting. Unless actually babysitting or the parent is otherwise occupied [maybe breastfeeding a baby] I don't think a sibling should be changing a nappy - not in a gross or creepy way but simply because they are not the parent. They also shouldn't be doing the bathing, the bedtime routine, discipline etc.
The Tannerites have always kept their kids up till crazy hours...they seem to think nothing of a primary school child still being up after 10pm. No child should be up that late unless sick or a special occasion. Def. not for cleaning and def. not till 1am! That's bloody nuts! Cleaning can always wait until the next day.

I some times watch an Australian family of 11 kids (plus mum and dad) ranging from just over 1yr up to about 14 years I think. The older kids do help out but the dad is always up first while the kids slowly trickle in as they wake. The older ones might help get one of the younger ones breakfast if the dad is busy with something/someone else. The 12yr old makes all the sandwiches for school, 2 of the in betweeners will clean the table and load dishwasher, one of the older ones might wipe down the younger ones and get out from high chairs. But you never see the older kids parenting the younger ones nor them doing a massive amount of housework while the parents sit on their butts.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

I'm concerned. I only watch them from time to time and I remember reading somewhere that they changed their channel to Yawi because that's their last name. But now Branson came back with "Elder Tanner" on his whatever this thing is called. Does that mean that their last name is actually Tanner or how does it work?
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:I'm concerned. I only watch them from time to time and I remember reading somewhere that they changed their channel to Yawi because that's their last name. But now Branson came back with "Elder Tanner" on his whatever this thing is called. Does that mean that their last name is actually Tanner or how does it work?
Yea their last name is Tanner. The YAWI channel stands for “You Are Worth It” which is like their signature. They always sign off their videos with that. They also still have the Tanneritss channel it’s just used for challenges/pranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Johnny just gives me the creeps. I don't know what it is. Lol! I can't watch them.

And I did watch the video with Bransons gifts as suggested and counted the 4 heads in the back. The 2 smaller girls were sharing a seatbelt. No wonder the cop questioned it as he probably did see 4 heads before he pulled them over.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bekkaz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:22 pm I have no problem with older children helping out with the younger ones or helping out around the house. IMO that is expected in a larger family but the parents should still be doing 90% of the jobs/parenting. Unless actually babysitting or the parent is otherwise occupied [maybe breastfeeding a baby] I don't think a sibling should be changing a nappy - not in a gross or creepy way but simply because they are not the parent. They also shouldn't be doing the bathing, the bedtime routine, discipline etc.
The Tannerites have always kept their kids up till crazy hours...they seem to think nothing of a primary school child still being up after 10pm. No child should be up that late unless sick or a special occasion. Def. not for cleaning and def. not till 1am! That's bloody nuts! Cleaning can always wait until the next day.

I some times watch an Australian family of 11 kids (plus mum and dad) ranging from just over 1yr up to about 14 years I think. The older kids do help out but the dad is always up first while the kids slowly trickle in as they wake. The older ones might help get one of the younger ones breakfast if the dad is busy with something/someone else. The 12yr old makes all the sandwiches for school, 2 of the in betweeners will clean the table and load dishwasher, one of the older ones might wipe down the younger ones and get out from high chairs. But you never see the older kids parenting the younger ones nor them doing a massive amount of housework while the parents sit on their butts.
I agree with everything you said. I wonder if the older kids have to wait until everyone goes to bed to clean, or if they can do it at any time on Saturday, but procrastinate on it. I could see it being either.

And come to think of it, I hated chores like most kids but I don't remember hating taking care of my younger siblings. There were no assigned chores when it came to kids though, and I and the other "older kids" just pitched in wherever. And it worked out. I'm sure some kids would hate it, but it worked for our family.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Can anyone enlighten me on the baptisms of the dead? They say they go every week, yet they were bringing 19 new names to baptize. After it was leaked that the Mormon church baptizes dead celebrities and Holocaust victims against their wishes, the church claimed they restricted church members to baptisms of their own dead relatives. So how the heck do they find 19 new dead blood relatives every week? Or did the church lie and they are still indiscriminately baptizing every dead person they can find?
Simplyalurker
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Simplyalurker »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:50 pm A 4 yr. old vlog just popped up on my recommend list. WOW. Did an of you watch them back then? Is this how is used to be normally?

I never comment on posts, hence my name, but I just came across this family as I have been watching a few other Utah Mormon families simply because I find their lifestyles interesting. After seeing your post I went to watch the video and I’m in shock. How can a parent be ok with their young child being up that late cleaning?? I always helped my parents clean the house but it was a whole family thing and we did it at the same time. Anyway, my point here was I read somewhere Sarah had Branson when she was 16/17? Being a teen mom I’m not surprised how lazy she is and that’s probably the reason why her kids do more around the house. She probably feels that since she started having kids so early on she never really got her down time, her youth or time to relax. Though i don’t think any of that makes it okay to make your kids do how much they do. It’s jusr sad seeing people pop our children and then barely taking care of them lol
phansthething
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by phansthething »

I’m confused on why Allie had to stay alone in today’s vlog. Why couldn’t she just come with the rest of them? she’s obviously old enough to stay home alone, but why not have like Branson stay to “watch the pets”? Lastly, poor Branson, he’s been home for like two days and they’re going on a two week vacation. I bet all he wants to do is just lay in bed considering he’s been in France for two years.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

phansthething wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:40 pm I’m confused on why Allie had to stay alone in today’s vlog. Why couldn’t she just come with the rest of them? she’s obviously old enough to stay home alone, but why not have like Branson stay to “watch the pets”? Lastly, poor Branson, he’s been home for like two days and they’re going on a two week vacation. I bet all he wants to do is just lay in bed considering he’s been in France for two years.
She probably couldn't come with them because they just got caught by a cop/viewers for jamming 7 kids into 6 seats in the car! I bet they trust Allie home alone far more than Branson. I am starting to get concerned about their finances though. If both parents choose not to work, and go on regular vacations, they should be able to afford:

A) a car large enough for all their children to have a seat
B) gas to take 2 cars on vacation
C) more than a tiny hotel room with 2 beds for 8-9 people

Return to “Q-Z”