Elah_w
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Elah_w »

ba1006 wrote:
Tizzy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:04 am I don’t know if this has ever been discussed but I get an unfaithful husband vibe from Kevin..
Probably because he doesn't fawn all over his wife like Jared and Joel do. To me, he seems the most normal of the three. I doubt he would be unfaithful since he is so religious but you never know of course.
I’ve gotten that vibe from Kevin too. He seems like he checked out of the marriage and family a while ago. He works at a college and travels a ton. It wouldn’t be hard to cheat. Of course those things don’t immediately mean anything, but I’m just saying I get the same vibes too. I really hope he wouldn’t but unfortunately it’s super common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

ba1006 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:30 pm
Tizzy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:04 am I don’t know if this has ever been discussed but I get an unfaithful husband vibe from Kevin..
Probably because he doesn't fawn all over his wife like Jared and Joel do. To me, he seems the most normal of the three. I doubt he would be unfaithful since he is so religious but you never know of course.
The Duggars are super religious, yet the oldest son was found on the Ashley Madison cheating website....while working a job in DC representing "traditional family values". People of all beliefs can do crappy things to others. (That wasn't even one of the worst 5 things the guy got caught doing).
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Hm. Calling back to the discussion a bit ago about Shari maybe having one foot out the door..I found it interesting that when Chad spoke about choosing the faith (6:30) he said 'the three of us' and not four, when there are definitely four kids over 8. Maybe it was because Shari wasn't in the room at the time but ... idk I feel like maybe something has changed there, as Ruby's views towards strictly following and going to church have definitely gotten lax over the years as well.

Maybe I'm the only one that was thrown off a little by the 'three', haha, but thought I would bring it up and ask for opinions
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lurkerthatposts wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:40 pm Hm. Calling back to the discussion a bit ago about Shari maybe having one foot out the door..I found it interesting that when Chad spoke about choosing the faith (6:30) he said 'the three of us' and not four, when there are definitely four kids over 8. Maybe it was because Shari wasn't in the room at the time but ... idk I feel like maybe something has changed there, as Ruby's views towards strictly following and going to church have definitely gotten lax over the years as well.

Maybe I'm the only one that was thrown off a little by the 'three', haha, but thought I would bring it up and ask for opinions
Maybe he meant the three of us being him, Ruby and Kevin. That's how I took it.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm
Okay54321 wrote:The April fools "prank" was so weird and I wonder who did it? Of course Shari had to be snobby to them. I don't really believe any of their assumption answers. They just said what people wanted to hear. I feel bad that Chad had most likely been broken up with that day or a few before and they ask if he was secretly dating Kesley :/
Wait they broke up? I haven’t watched in FOREVER

They both posted on Instagram story how they are just only friends. I get people think it was fake for the video but I'm pretty sure they both really did have feelings for each other. You don't give your "friend" a photo of you together for Valentine's day lol.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Okay54321 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm
Okay54321 wrote:The April fools "prank" was so weird and I wonder who did it? Of course Shari had to be snobby to them. I don't really believe any of their assumption answers. They just said what people wanted to hear. I feel bad that Chad had most likely been broken up with that day or a few before and they ask if he was secretly dating Kesley :/
Wait they broke up? I haven’t watched in FOREVER

They both posted on Instagram story how they are just only friends. I get people think it was fake for the video but I'm pretty sure they both really did have feelings for each other. You don't give your "friend" a photo of you together for Valentine's day lol.
You do if your mom is shopping for the gifts you're giving your "crush" to rake in those Valentine's Day views.
They were shipping 11 year olds FFS. Shanna took more interest in what to buy Chad than Kesley did.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

It’s pretty sad that all these teenagers that vlog bring in more money then I will ever make. Ones vlog probably brings in more money then I make in a year.
Vlogging in general teenager or not sucks. SOMETIMES I wish I had an interesting life. SOMETIMES!!
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

New Vlog has 4.5 million views in 11 mins how’s the even possible????

THANK YOU Julie for the April Fools Prank even better it sounds like Shari was pranked and got pissed. Hahahha!!!!!
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

They need to do something about Eve stealing everyone's stuff. She's old enough to know right from wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Ok so Julie is at a friends house when they decide to go to a movie and oh well they can’t reach her on her watch (which it doesn’t seem like she is old enough/responsible enough to have seeing how many times she loses it). But what I don’t understand is why this #powerfulmother can’t call the parents house she is at to get ahold of her. Then she decides to drop her 10 year old off at the movies by herself. is it just me or it that way too young? In my area I just can’t see that being ok/safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

These vlogs make no sense unless Ruby has dementia and/or they are highly scripted.

* Ruby pretends like Julie just pranked Shari on her own, until Julie tells us Ruby approved of it ahead of time. Then Ruby mentions how it made her sick for 3 days when Chad did it to her last year. Why would a mother intentionally try to make their kid sick for 3 days?

* Julie is "not punished" by having to make lunch for the family in Shari's place. Julie is then left out of the family movie, despite Abby knowing how badly she wanted to see it. I just wonder if Queen Shari refused to go if Julie did, or Ruby wanted some drama for the vlog.

* Ruby tries to pretend that Chad missed out on the movie too, but Julie doesn't let her get away with another lie and let's us he actually didn't want to see it.

* I am not convinced Eve is the little punk she is being made out to be. Ruby brings up stealing like twice a vlog now. And the whole debacle of Ruby yelling at Eve for asking what movie they were seeing was strange. As was Eve's confusion when she had to do a second apology take for the camera.
Simplyalurker
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Simplyalurker »

I find it extremely sad that the reason Julie didn’t go to the movies is because they couldn’t reach her through her watch??? She’s a child lol like another poster said why not call the parents of the friends house she was at? Their lack of parenting is beyond me. I can’t ever imagine thinking “well my 9/10yr old didn’t answer my call on their gizmo watch so the family is just gonna have to go see the movie without them!” It’s incredibly odd and LAZY. I think they try to make their kids be overly responsible. As if it’s Julie’s fault she didn’t have the watch and that’s why she couldn’t go. When I was her age and at my friends house, my mom would drive all the way to my friends house just to ask if I wanted to join the family plans or if I wanted to stay at my friends house.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

shortstop wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:10 am It’s pretty sad that all these teenagers that vlog bring in more money then I will ever make. Ones vlog probably brings in more money then I make in a year.
Vlogging in general teenager or not sucks. SOMETIMES I wish I had an interesting life. SOMETIMES!!
Let's be real most vloggers don't have interesting lives either. If I had more self esteem I would at least make dumb top 10 videos or something.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

I bet in a few days there will be a video about Eve wrecking Julie’s new heels!
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Shari is such a baby... boohoo, someone pulled an April Fools prank on her, so she has to have a cow and refuse to make lunch for everyone. Wah wah wah! Get over it! She acts like more of a child than Eve. I really hope she's not the real reason that Julie didn't get to go to the movies with her family... but, I wouldn't put it past her. We all know whatever Shari wants, Shari gets. I bet now that Ruby has given the heels to Julie, all of a sudden Shari will want them. Shari seriously needs someone to tell her to grow up and stop acting like she's better than everyone else. She irritates me more than Ruby does lately.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

No Ruby, Julie is not ‘lame’ she’s a humble sweet girl. When the Griffith girls get together all they do is shriek at each other - if Bonnie was there it would have been a hell lot worse!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

ujvs_ wrote:I bet in a few days there will be a video about Eve wrecking Julie’s new heels!
Sounds like Julie needs to hide the heels from Ruby. Yes Ruby.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Baconsgirl wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:28 am
ujvs_ wrote:I bet in a few days there will be a video about Eve wrecking Julie’s new heels!
Sounds like Julie needs to hide the heels from Ruby. Yes Ruby.

Ah! Is there someone else that thinks Ruby is manufacturing her drama? Eve is a brat, but also a terrible actress. I used to think she was psychotic when she would rotate through several conflicting facial expressions/emotions in seconds when she was blamed by Ruby on camera, for something she allegedly did off camera. Now, I think it was just confusion on how to take direction for the scene. Ruby would confront her with an accusation, but failed to tell her if she should frown, smile, sigh, cry, laugh, etc. so she tried it all out, and attempted to read her director's face. Now that she's older, she just seems to question reality, which I assume is why we only hear the stories of treasure troves of stolen packages under her bed, but never see them, or Eve's reaction.

The birthday doll opening was the most telling. Ruby even admits that it was the first time Eve ever opened a package. It got 2.3 million views, so then it became a "regular problem". When the next few package opening vlogs failed to break 400k views, it has morphed into a "stealing problem". I have also noticed that Shari never seems to be roped into these manufactured scenes or have an opinion, yet she normally relishes in ratting out her siblings otherwise. Even taking pictures of Chad snuggling with Kesley when the parents went out.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I think Eve truly has issues, She is always stealing and lying. It will be very interesting when she gets into school.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Catface2 wrote:I think Eve truly has issues, She is always stealing and lying. It will be very interesting when she gets into school.
I don’t think she has any respect for rules. She doesn’t know what face to put on because she’s trying to fake being sorry, but she really isn’t.

In that video Ruby was clearly frustrated based on her body language. No way it was set up for the vlog. Eve just didn’t care that she was busted. She has no respect for those around her.

Return to “8 Passengers”