JesssFam: Oh Skube Doo, I'll GPS Track You (Part ???)

NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: JesssFam: Oh Skube Doo, I'll GPS Track You (Part ???)

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

Magicmermaid wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:55 pm
NarcoelpsyMom wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:16 pm
nachomama wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm A little girl is on stage dancing and shaking it to music!!! GASP! The Horror!!!

Who cares if Lilia is off beat and jessss is cheering her on. She's a little girl having the time of her life and her mom + family are supporting her.

I've never read this amount of stuck up commentary on this message board.

I would hate to see what you consider to be tun and wholesome.
I agree- she is never going to be a professional dancer, but she was having a blast. 95% of the kids people put in dance classes are never going to be professional dancers, but as parents, we still do it so our kids have the experience and enjoyment.
No one is saying that Lilia shouldn't be allowed to dance. She should be allowed to do whatever she wants, including join the softball team that she has asked Jess about in the past and has been denied. The thing that people have a problem with is Jess' outrageous expectations of her daughter and absurd praise. Jess DOES believe that she is the best dancer on the team and that she is going to grow up to be a professional, she is not and she will not if she continues on the way she is.
Would you be happier if she told Lilia how awful she was, and didn’t cheer her on, but boo’d loudly instead?

Are you a mom? What do you do when your kids bring you an awful art assignment from school? Throw it in the trash? Or tell them you love it, and hang it on the fridge?

There isn’t anything wrong with parents encouraging their kids to do what they love, and cheering them on for doing it.

Unread post by Guest »

I think the thing that people might be missing is dance class isn't just "a thing Lilia loves." Competitive dance (or really, any other sport) is a huge culture in the US. It's not like Lilia is just taking a 45 minute dance class twice a week. They are likely spending many hours and thousands of dollars for her to dance. No one is suggesting that Jess not support Lilia doing something she loves, but it's very obsessive for a child that appears not to have the talent - but does have the money - necessary for the position.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lyanna »

There is a dance culture in the US, especially competition dance. In my country kids go to dance for fun and have a recital at the end of the year. The recital is for families and family friends, not for strangers. Girls don't wear a full face of make up for it, it would be considered useless and inappropriate.
We don't have dance competitions every 2 seconds, kids who want to make it as a dancer have to audition to enter a dance academy. The auditions are private, strangers are not allowed and it doesn't end up on the internet. In the academy they will be impeccably trained and go to a special school with flexible hours. When they reach the end of their teenage years, they audition for a spot within dance companies or to be a back up dancer for stars, that's when the public learns about them, when they are young adults not little kids exposed to criticism from strangers on the internet or on national TV. A show like dance moms would never be allowed here, it would be considered as child exploitation and sexualization.
strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by strikeaposie »

So I actually watched the latest video just to see how they talked to the security guard.

Why did they talk to the security guard again? Was it just because they didn't get it on camera? Obviously Jess knew she shouldn't have filmed it or else it wouldn't been a good angle. She tried to brush it off as something that didn't bother her, but clearly it did. She kept the footage in and has continued to hold her stance in comments. She also claimed that they weren't costumes but at the beginning of the video she said something to the effect of "Omgeeeee LOOOK AT THE COSTUMES FOR THE DAY" It was stupid anyway because you couldn't even tell that he had an ear piece in the photos.

I also side eyed her at getting frustrated with Gabe for wanting a family photo before the disbursed throughout the park. Jess is clearly such a great coparent she made sure they got the shots they wanted after they patiently sat through all the shots she wanted. Shout out to Amber for dressing in character like an adult would.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I don’t give a crap if lillia flails around like an an epileptic giraffe. The fact that Jess is vicariously living through Lilia and makes it all about herself is what I have a problem with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

smom12 wrote:I don’t give a crap if lillia flails around like an an epileptic giraffe. The fact that Jess is vicariously living through Lilia and makes it all about herself is what I have a problem with.

She does the same with every aspect of her life. Amber needs help breastfeeding, oh did you know she breastfed 6000 babies, Addie is in dance did you know she was a dancer for 17 years, Chris likes Ariel Jess is a rEdHeAd. She can't let anyone have anything without it involving her.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Exactly, it's Jess literally living through her kids. Imagine if Lilia wanted to play football or basketball! She'd DIE.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Or how baseball was Drakes sport and Jess says the boys are athletic because of her cream (I just threw up in my mouth).
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Another thing that Lilia expressed she wanted to do was theater. Which I think she would be good at (not shy, dramatic) but Jess said no. Doesn't Gabes sister major is that? So again its all about HER
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Is the app not working for anyone else? I’ll get a notification but then when I open the app it won’t shoe which thread has been updated.

LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

Honestly I think Lilia is hands down her favourite. And that Addie being so bald is a huge disappointment to her. Addie also has an attitude and wants to do her own thing so won't be as easily manipulated as Lilia. Lilia is also going through an awkward faze so has lost her baby cuteness. So bring on the over sexualising.
The favouritism is so screamingly obvious. I hear Lilia be rude all the time but they are always saying how she is so well behaved and never gets in trouble. They are setting themselves up for some fun teen years.

Oh and since I almost never comment on Jesssss section, I hate Drake. He is evil.
Babbs18
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Babbs18 »

smom12 wrote:I don’t give a crap if lillia flails around like an an epileptic giraffe. The fact that Jess is vicariously living through Lilia and makes it all about herself is what I have a problem with.

You really sent me with epileptic giraffeImageImageImageImagetoo accurate
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

MiloandMax1 wrote:Another thing that Lilia expressed she wanted to do was theater. Which I think she would be good at (not shy, dramatic) but Jess said no. Doesn't Gabes sister major is that? So again its all about HER
Yeah I think Lilia would do much better in musical theatre than traditional dance. But Jess wasn't a musical theatre performer for 17 years she was a DANCER so fat chance of that happening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

peylizt192
Informer
Informer

Unread post by peylizt192 »

Mimi0528 wrote:I’m confused why they ran to Star Tours for their fast pass. You can use it anytime after the return time on the same day...you don’t have to make the window of time they gave you.

Not true anymore. Used to be that way but it changed. Now you only have a 5 minute buffer before and after the time window given

Magicmermaid
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Magicmermaid »

NarcoelpsyMom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am

I agree- she is never going to be a professional dancer, but she was having a blast. 95% of the kids people put in dance classes are never going to be professional dancers, but as parents, we still do it so our kids have the experience and enjoyment.
No one is saying that Lilia shouldn't be allowed to dance. She should be allowed to do whatever she wants, including join the softball team that she has asked Jess about in the past and has been denied. The thing that people have a problem with is Jess' outrageous expectations of her daughter and absurd praise. Jess DOES believe that she is the best dancer on the team and that she is going to grow up to be a professional, she is not and she will not if she continues on the way she is.
Would you be happier if she told Lilia how awful she was, and didn’t cheer her on, but boo’d loudly instead?

Are you a mom? What do you do when your kids bring you an awful art assignment from school? Throw it in the trash? Or tell them you love it, and hang it on the fridge?

There isn’t anything wrong with parents encouraging their kids to do what they love, and cheering them on for doing it.
I dont think Jess should discourage her, but she also shouldn't also lead Lilia to believe that shes gods gift to dance
Magicmermaid
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Magicmermaid »

NarcoelpsyMom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am

I dont think Jess should discourage her, but she also shouldn't also lead Lilia to believe that shes gods gift to dance
Jwhite_momof4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jwhite_momof4 »

flaviadda_nina22 wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 pm
flaviadda_nina22 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm yes that the mothers pay trips and stays I know had borne that they said that Jessica paid for the outside for Lilia to participate I have a study of dance in Brazil and mothers do not interfere in the choice of the participants for the competition
Competition dance and cheer isn't just the families traveling. Because of the costs to enter competitions that money has to come from somewhere (studio) and that money is paid for by the parents. If Lilia was qualified then it wouldn't have taken the others dropping out for her to be asked to do it. Also in a studio Jess used to work at

OK chega de falar da dança de Lilia mas como ja disse eu sou professora de dança no Brasil e Lilia nao é sensacional como jessica pensa por outro lado nao é ruim como voces pensam
OK enough to talk about Lilia's dance but as I said I'm a dance teacher in Brazil and Lilia is not sensational as Jessica thinks otherwise is not bad as you think
Enviar feedback
Histórico
Salvas
Comunidade
Dude.....how many times are you going to say that you are a dance teacher in Brazil??? Fuck, we get it.

You dont have to be a dance teacher to be able to look at Lilia's over the top dancing and say she sucks at dancing. She SUCKS at dancing! The one who said she looks like an epileptic giraffe hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

flaviadda_nina22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flaviadda_nina22 »

Jwhite_momof4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm
flaviadda_nina22 wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Competition dance and cheer isn't just the families traveling. Because of the costs to enter competitions that money has to come from somewhere (studio) and that money is paid for by the parents. If Lilia was qualified then it wouldn't have taken the others dropping out for her to be asked to do it. Also in a studio Jess used to work at

OK chega de falar da dança de Lilia mas como ja disse eu sou professora de dança no Brasil e Lilia nao é sensacional como jessica pensa por outro lado nao é ruim como voces pensam
OK enough to talk about Lilia's dance but as I said I'm a dance teacher in Brazil and Lilia is not sensational as Jessica thinks otherwise is not bad as you think
Enviar feedback
Histórico
Salvas
Comunidade
Dude.....how many times are you going to say that you are a dance teacher in Brazil??? Fuck, we get it.

You dont have to be a dance teacher to be able to look at Lilia's over the top dancing and say she sucks at dancing. She SUCKS at dancing! The one who said she looks like an epileptic giraffe hit the nail on the head.

I just said I'm a teacher because I have a base on dance and not judge Lilia only by her mother's attitudes
And that none of the other girls was wonderful so she's well inside that team
And more the purpose of this forum is to talk about Jessica's attitudes or absolutly criticize everything from an eight year old girl
anr92
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anr92 »

flaviadda_nina22 wrote:
Jwhite_momof4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm
flaviadda_nina22 wrote:
Enviar feedback
Histórico
Salvas
Comunidade

I just said I'm a teacher because I have a base on dance and not judge Lilia only by her mother's attitudes
And that none of the other girls was wonderful so she's well inside that team
And more the purpose of this forum is to talk about Jessica's attitudes or absolutly criticize everything from an eight year old girl
No one gives a flying fuck.

TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Jess treats lilia like an extension of herself, living vicariously through her. So it’s kinda hard to criticize one and not the other... jessss is basically living her best life through Lilia. I don’t think she even views her kids as people, just props on her show.

Return to “JesssFam”