Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

LumpyDays
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

Unread post by LumpyDays »

In her Insta stories the dog was in the pen getting chased by one of the boys. While Bonnie watched. Small dogs will bite when scared Bonnie.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

So Bonnie set up a dedicated Instagram page for the new puppy yesterday. It's called @littleladycavachon
Not a clickbait/$$$/sponsorship purchase at all eh Bonster.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

YTIG60 wrote:Could having a new puppy backfire on them with viewers observing the care they are giving Lady? E&J comments, at times, were negative about Penny's treatment.
How long can a small puppy withstand cool temperatures outdoors?
I think this was thought out by them knowing that comments are disabled, perfect opportunity to attempt raising a puppy because they know that if the comments were on, they’d be ripped to shreds with everything they’re doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

On IG, a groomer and others are giving her advice. It includes regular upkeep with her fur to prevent matting, nail cutting (one person suggested a groomer do it at $10.00) and being groomed every 6-8 weeks. I think this is a bit more work than Bonnie bargained for and she said she didn't know a couple of these things. This groomer said "i’m sure you know a lot and done a lot of research before getting a new family member." :-o
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Those little dogs crave companionship, when the kids are in school, I hope she doesn’t leave the dog in its kennel all day.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 pm Those little dogs crave companionship, when the kids are in school, I hope she doesn’t leave the dog in its kennel all day.

That's Bree's job
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

On Lady's instagram Bonnie either tried to Photoshop her arm or she gained weight back and caused her arm to have uneven fat spots.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LumpyDays wrote:In her Insta stories the dog was in the pen getting chased by one of the boys. While Bonnie watched. Small dogs will bite when scared Bonnie.
She looked scared at the end of the instastory, when (I think) Cody jumped on her to catch her. Lincoln was also lying on the floor with Lady on his tummy, with her on her back. She was desperately trying to get turned over, and Bonnie just cackled at it instead of telling him not to hold her like that. Dogs don't like to be forced on to their backs. It makes them feel vulnerable and scared. If they roll on their backs of their own volition, that's one thing. But forcing her to isn't ok.
It doesn't seem like they're teaching the kids to be gentle. If she nips someone, she will be in trouble, not the kid

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

YTIG60 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:15 pm On IG, a groomer and others are giving her advice. It includes regular upkeep with her fur to prevent matting, nail cutting (one person suggested a groomer do it at $10.00) and being groomed every 6-8 weeks. I think this is a bit more work than Bonnie bargained for and she said she didn't know a couple of these things. This groomer said "i’m sure you know a lot and done a lot of research before getting a new family member." :-o
I don't support this newest development at all (getting a dog) and I think there are things they're probably doing wrong from the outset, but at the same time I saw that groomer's comments and thought they were really irritating. Unless Bonnie was soliciting advice on grooming, the comments seemed a bit over-the-top. And let's be honest, it's not like Bonnie will read them with an open mind and be willing to embrace all the suggestions. I don't know, it just struck me as a fruitless activity to give advice to someone who is very unlikely to take it. Slightly passive aggressive perhaps?
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

So Joel is trying to win a contest to be a swimsuit model now! :D
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
LumpyDays wrote:In her Insta stories the dog was in the pen getting chased by one of the boys. While Bonnie watched. Small dogs will bite when scared Bonnie.
She looked scared at the end of the instastory, when (I think) Cody jumped on her to catch her. Lincoln was also lying on the floor with Lady on his tummy, with her on her back. She was desperately trying to get turned over, and Bonnie just cackled at it instead of telling him not to hold her like that. Dogs don't like to be forced on to their backs. It makes them feel vulnerable and scared. If they roll on their backs of their own volition, that's one thing. But forcing her to isn't ok.
It doesn't seem like they're teaching the kids to be gentle. If she nips someone, she will be in trouble, not the kid

I saw that insta story and thought the puppy was playing. I think it’s a bit of a reach to say she was desperately trying to get turned over. Though he was holding her, he wasn’t exactly holding her down. He was being gentle.

I don’t think they will be great dog owners at all, but I think people are also looking for problems that don’t exist. Feeding in the crate is recommended by some experts when cate training (so they learn to not mess). The playpen in the backyard is a smart idea for safety. The kids playing with the puppy (that I’ve seen so far) has been gentle and the puppy does not seem traumatized.

I’m sure the novelty will wear off, and they will lose patience with her when she is t perfect, but for having zero experience with dogs it’s going better than I would have expected. From the limited amount we’ve seen so far that is.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I saw that insta story and thought the puppy was playing. I think it’s a bit of a reach to say she was desperately trying to get turned over. Though he was holding her, he wasn’t exactly holding her down. He was being gentle.

I don’t think they will be great dog owners at all, but I think people are also looking for problems that don’t exist. Feeding in the crate is recommended by some experts when cate training (so they learn to not mess). The playpen in the backyard is a smart idea for safety. The kids playing with the puppy (that I’ve seen so far) has been gentle and the puppy does not seem traumatized.

I’m sure the novelty will wear off, and they will lose patience with her when she is t perfect, but for having zero experience with dogs it’s going better than I would have expected. From the limited amount we’ve seen so far that is.

Ok, agree to disagree on Lincoln playing with her. It didn't seem to me that she was enjoying being made to be on her back, but I admit that I really don't like Bonnie and am expecting this to go badly.
I just don't understand how people can treat their pets like animated toys. Annie from Bratayley does that all the time with her French bulldog-- she will hold her on her back, and Frenchies can't breathe right when they're on their backs. Her mom will laughingly tell her to stop because the dog can't breathe, and Annie will say "But I like it!" And that's all that's said.
So maybe I'm overreacting, based on other YouTubers, but I do believe that if Lady nips someone, she will get punished for being a "bad dog".

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Viewers are actually voting for him, he has over five thousand votes and it looks like he could win. If there is one thing I've never thought of Joel as, it was a swimsuit model. I image next he'll move on and start his own line of clothing called Joellie.
If he wins:
1) A 2-year paid modeling contract*, 2) a lifetime supply* of Chubbies, 3) all expenses-paid photo and video shoot(s) in unreal locations around the country and/or globe. You bring the noise and we’ll bring you to somewhere rad, and 4) last but not least, an unwieldy heap of BRAGGING RIGHTS. Be careful. With great power comes great responsibility and you gotta know you’re going to inflict some serious FOMO on your friends and family.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote:Viewers are actually voting for him, he has over five thousand votes and it looks like he could win. If there is one thing I've never thought of Joel as, it was a swimsuit model. I image next he'll move on and start his own line of clothing called Joellie.
If he wins:
1) A 2-year paid modeling contract*, 2) a lifetime supply* of Chubbies, 3) all expenses-paid photo and video shoot(s) in unreal locations around the country and/or globe. You bring the noise and we’ll bring you to somewhere rad, and 4) last but not least, an unwieldy heap of BRAGGING RIGHTS. Be careful. With great power comes great responsibility and you gotta know you’re going to inflict some serious FOMO on your friends and family.
It’s a “dad bod” contest. I’d definitely say he fits that model Image

Jared should enter too!

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

I actually went and voted for Joel lol he deserves it! 13,500 votes! Crazy.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

She's a clean freak.... that's why she found rotten meat in her house and thought it was her vag?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

131618 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 pm She's a clean freak.... that's why she found rotten meat in her house and thought it was her vag?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I forgot about this. Thanks for the laughs.

Also, I hope Joel wins I'll vote for him if I figure out how.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am
danalocs wrote:What are they feeding this tiny dog??!

Those look like large dog biscuits! No wonder she wants to drag them off and chew and eat them! Why don't they have kibble? Treats aren't a complete source of nutrition!

All of our small dogs take out bits of dry food and eat them a few feet away from their bowls. This is normal, instinctive behavior. There isn't a mess because they eat it! And no crumbs because they are eating properly sized food for their sizes!!
What tools these people are.

I certainly hope they realize that a dog has to have a *constant* source of water. A water bowl needs to be accessible at all times, not just mealtime! And in the same spot so the dog can repeatedly go to it.

A dog this tiny needs to eat and drink several times, at will, throughout the day so they don't get dehydrated or have a blood sugar drop. Especially puppies!! Their nutritional needs are more and they can dehydrate easily.

I do not think they understand that this is not a sturdy Lab that can withstand hours between meals! I'm pissed. These people have no clue.
I'll bet Bonnie doesn't want a water bowl out in the open messing up her aestheticImage

I am fuming. And they aren't doing the crate training thing correctly, anyway! The crate is a place of comfort and respite for the dog, not a tiny play area where the kids tap on it and stick their fingers into. Bring your damn puppy out and play with it! It needs to run!

And it should be taken out immediately after it eats, not sitting in the crate while THEY finish eating. I'm surprised it didn't poop in there then.

This will never work out for that poor dog.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Isn’t it quite normal to feed a dog in the crate? She could avoid mess that way! I agree about the water as well. I think what they are feeding her is canned food, I’m not sure why they aren’t breaking it into smaller pieces so the dog doesn’t have to carry a huge chunk off to try and eat it. When my little Shih Tzu eats she does the same thing, takes a mouthful and eats it a few feet away from the bowl and comes back for another bite. Bonnie could easily just swifter the floor after the dog eats, she is confusing and scaring her trying to keep her on the towel. Watching this is infuriating.

We were told never to feed our dogs in a crate (for the fosters we crate trained, my dog doesn’t and has never needed a crate) because it breeds negative behavior and food aggression. If it is in their crate it is their food, and you should teach the dog that you’re the alpha, you can take the food or touch the food when you want. Feeding in the crate sends confusing signals to a dog and makes it possessive.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:35 pm
sheltiefan wrote:
Z3phyr wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:55 am It’s safe to assume the puppy equates the towel with bedding and doesn’t want to eat or mess on it. The puppy is smarter than the adults.

Why don’t they let the kids play with the puppy outside? Is it too cold there? Does anyone know if this mixed breed does well in a Utah-type climate?

It’s a cute puppy.
In her recent Instastory, the puppy is outside with Joel and some of the kids and still with that playpen. So with people out there, the puppy is still not going to be able to run free! The way they are treating this puppy has me so aggravated! Like someone mentioned, this may have an opposite reaction than what she Bonnie wants with the views. I just hate the way this poor puppy is being treated!!!

Yes, it is instinct for them to carry their food away from where they are eating. My dog does the same thing but she eats it eventually. Only problem is if you happen to be barefooted and not paying attention!! Ask my hubby! :D Difference is we just strug it off and Bonnie and Joel have a fit!

The playpen is prob necessary for safety right now. No way their fence is puppy proof, and Joel was doing yard work and not watching the puppy. In this instance, they are making a wise choice. The kids can’t keep the puppy safe in that big yard.

They are doing a lot wrong, but are actually doing some things right.

Additionally, because I live in a rural area now, it is hawk season like crazy. That dog is just small enough to be a hawk snack if without constant supervision.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

queenc13 wrote: Additionally, because I live in a rural area now, it is hawk season like crazy. That dog is just small enough to be a hawk snack if without constant supervision.
Yep! I had a toy poodle growing up, and can remember a bald eagle eyeing her up in the yard one day. Small dogs are just completely different than big dogs. There is so much that can go wrong since they are basically defenceless.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”