DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:44 pm They're posting pictures at church. The boys are wearing their outfits from the wedding and Bryan is wearing a plain white T-shirt.
They're such hypocrites. They only go to church to post pictures. On Easter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sorry to be a party pooper, but those vests are slightly different. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they did do that.

And yes they’re definitely hypocrites. They stopped talking about religion a loooong time ago, but the celebrities made a special appearance on Easter!
emilyrose26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emilyrose26 »

coolusername1236 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:44 pm They're posting pictures at church. The boys are wearing their outfits from the wedding and Bryan is wearing a plain white T-shirt.
They're such hypocrites. They only go to church to post pictures. On Easter.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but those vests are slightly different. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they did do that.

And yes they’re definitely hypocrites. They stopped talking about religion a loooong time ago, but the celebrities made a special appearance on Easter!
Actually the vests are from the wedding but the shirts and bowties are different.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

endof wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 pm What is it about weddings that brings out the best in everyone? I really enjoyed this vlog! Everyone looked amazing! Finley is so cute! Cassy was unrecognisable really beautiful! Don’t watch them anymore I clicked this one!
It's because we got to see the "Real" them and not the acts that they usually put on. I really enjoyed watching them. It reminded me how they were when Ollie was a baby.
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

The wedding was cute but missy annoyed me in their vlog.. her speech was terrible and awkward, what was the whole Dora explorer thing about? I know she was trying to be funny but it seemed kinda rude and then letting Finn put his finger in the cake.. eh not cool
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PirateWench8 wrote:
endof wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 pm What is it about weddings that brings out the best in everyone? I really enjoyed this vlog! Everyone looked amazing! Finley is so cute! Cassy was unrecognisable really beautiful! Don’t watch them anymore I clicked this one!
It's because we got to see the "Real" them and not the acts that they usually put on. I really enjoyed watching them. It reminded me how they were when Ollie was a baby.
I haven't watched it, but I'm amazed that you all are saying that they're actually likeable. I still don't believe it's the "real" them, though. Because the instastories were really douchey. I think it's the curated sweet happy family that they used to post in their vlogs. There is way too much evidence out there of how entitled and snotty they are for me to believe that they are doing anything but continuing to put on an act.
And about the Easter pictures-- honestly, I wouldn't have an issue with the boys wearing the outfits from the wedding to church. If that's what it sounded like, I phrased it badly. Might as well get some use out of the little suits. They probably weren't cheap. My issue was with the boys looking nice, and there was Bryan in a white T-shirt. I know they go to a casual church (when they do go) but it's Easter. The boys are actually wearing suits. Make a little effort!

chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

I hope I am not being insensitive, but what is the big deal about them not tælking about religion?

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk

scojacar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by scojacar »

chrimsi wrote:I hope I am not being insensitive, but what is the big deal about them not tælking about religion?

It’s a big deal because they started out as this sweet, humble, religious family, but then when the money started coming in, we never heard a thing about their faith anymore. And now they’re just showing up to church on Easter and taking photos for Instagram to be like “oh hey look we’re still religious!” when their actions speak completely otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

I kind of hope that Cassie has a vaginal birth of a girl.
That would steam Missie something bad.
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

scojacar wrote:
chrimsi wrote:I hope I am not being insensitive, but what is the big deal about them not tælking about religion?

It’s a big deal because they started out as this sweet, humble, religious family, but then when the money started coming in, we never heard a thing about their faith anymore. And now they’re just showing up to church on Easter and taking photos for Instagram to be like “oh hey look we’re still religious!” when their actions speak completely otherwise.

So you are only religious if you talk about your faith all the time?

And why is it a bad thing they never talk about it?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand.

scojacar
Gossiper
Gossiper

chrimsi wrote:
scojacar wrote:

So you are only religious if you talk about your faith all the time?

And why is it a bad thing they never talk about it?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand.

They started out talking about it a lot, and only stopped talking about it once they started making a lot of money. It just makes them come across as hypocritical, because a big part of religion is being humble and sharing your wealth with others and not being greedy.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

There are some people (like the Lannings) who only make a big deal about their religion when it's 'trendy' to, like Easter or Christmas. They'll go to church and talk all about jesus and the resurrection for the sake of the holiday, but 50/52 Sundays a year won't attend church at all. They're just posers, plain and simple.

It's also a bit annoying to people who attend regularly and take their faith very seriously, and then on the important days of the year a bunch of random people show up to church, kind of like how regulars at the gym get annoyed with the "new year's resolution" crowd at the beginning of January.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:There are some people (like the Lannings) who only make a big deal about their religion when it's 'trendy' to, like Easter or Christmas. They'll go to church and talk all about jesus and the resurrection for the sake of the holiday, but 50/52 Sundays a year won't attend church at all. They're just posers, plain and simple.

It's also a bit annoying to people who attend regularly and take their faith very seriously, and then on the important days of the year a bunch of random people show up to church, kind of like how regulars at the gym get annoyed with the "new year's resolution" crowd at the beginning of January.
Plus, they did that whole Cambodia thing, weren't honest about what the money was for,-- converting people. People thought they were giving money for clean water. But it was for a mission. And Bryan went to Cambodia, said it "changed" him, but went right back to being greedy and materialistic. _And_ made a big deal about buying Missy a counterfeit Michael Kors bag, when the counterfeit luxury business runs off of child slavery.
It's not even that they don't talk about their faith. Faith without works is dead. They don't DO anything but lie around the pool spend money, and take trips
How about spending a holiday in a shelter?

chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

Arg, I totally forgot the Combodia-situation, I totally understand that point.

But I do nit get how being religious makes you poser-ish.

I live in a county where over 70 % is member of the church, but maybe 5 % of them attend church more than at Christmas, and at Christmas maybe 50 % do. And most of those members identifie as atheists.
And that is despite we live in a Christian country, like our queen/king HAVE to be Christian. Our religion class in grade school is called 'christianity' even though we learn about many religions, mainly Islam and Christianity.

My point is, I do not 100% understand religion's truly impact on the US even though I know it have a very big impact.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

chrimsi wrote:Arg, I totally forgot the Combodia-situation, I totally understand that point.

But I do nit get how being religious makes you poser-ish.

I live in a county where over 70 % is member of the church, but maybe 5 % of them attend church more than at Christmas, and at Christmas maybe 50 % do. And most of those members identifie as atheists.
And that is despite we live in a Christian country, like our queen/king HAVE to be Christian. Our religion class in grade school is called 'christianity' even though we learn about many religions, mainly Islam and Christianity.

My point is, I do not 100% understand religion's truly impact on the US even though I know it have a very big impact.

I *think* what the poster is trying to say is that when they first started out they seemed more religious, i.e. went to church often, talked about God, seemed humble and caring...but as they've gotten bigger they have become greedy, materialistic and selfish (from what we see anyways) yet still try to pretend they are these great christian people when they go to church on the holidays. Those people do get a bit of a bad rep here- personally, my only qualm is that parking and seating is scarce lol but mostly I think its great to have them come at all.

It just seems like they use religion as a badge or something when they do go, and seem to never give it a second thought between holidays, so it seems pretty shallow or fake. Idk if that helps at all....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

They were never super religious. I’ve been watching them since it was just Missy’s channel before they were even vlogging.

They NEVER were the “sweet, humble, religious family.”

They’ve always been wishy-washy about church attendance. They’ve always only mentioned religious stuff if/when it was suitable for views.

I appreciate that they’re not religiously preachy. I’m not religious at all, and firmly believe that spirituality is a private matter and that it’s super tacky to constantly bring it up in mixed company.

And, for all their faults, they ARE generous. They give a LOT to their church and local toy drives, and they have never really talked much about that on the vlog.

:roll:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:They were never super religious. I’ve been watching them since it was just Missy’s channel before they were even vlogging.

They’ve always been wishy-washy about church attendance. They’ve always only mentioned religious stuff if/when it was suitable for views.

I appreciate that they’re not religiously preachy. I’m not religious at all, and firmly believe that spirituality is a private matter and that it’s super tacky to constantly bring it up in mixed company.

And, for all their faults, they ARE generous. They give a LOT to their church and local toy drives, and they have never really talked much about that on the vlog.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

emilyrose26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emilyrose26 »

Theirmom wrote:They were never super religious. I’ve been watching them since it was just Missy’s channel before they were even vlogging.

If they never talk about it, how do you know they are so generous?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

mrsglittersparkles
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mrsglittersparkles »

Ducklings4 wrote:
131618 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Is it just me or does he look _much_ older than her?
And "who loves the way these two support each other"? WTF does that even mean? I know squat about them or their relationship. And I love how it's "our little sister is married", but Bryan's sister is _Bryan's_ sister. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 779820.jpg[/IMG]

Agree about him looking much older.... though he has my 9yo nephew's haircut...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Why is Bryan dressed in casual clothes and everyone else are dressed up!

Because he’s a douche?

scojacar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Missy definitely talked a lot about how her faith got her through her 20-week miscarriage. I just went back and watched a couple of the first videos to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind. In my opinion they definitely came across as sweet and humble in those videos, but others may have seen that differently. I just know they’re a far cry now from where they were then.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They went through a period where they were going to church every Sunday when they were hanging out with the SlyFox Family (and don't get me started on the hypocrisy of that particular family!)
I don't expect them to be preachy, and I know they're in kind of a damed if they do and damned if they don't situation with the charitable acts. If they post about it, they're bragging, but if they don't, people think they don't do anything. But there are ways to talk about charity without bragging, and my _impression_ is that they only do stuff at Christmas and Thanksgiving. And with the entitled rants they post whenever little things go wrong, like flight delays, or getting bumped because they were late checking in, it's pretty obvious to me that they don't live a life of humility and gratitude. And that has nothing to do with religion. That whole Cambodia thing still sticks in my craw-- especially Bryan sending copies of his vanity CD that cost a bunch of money to make, along with Cassie when she went.
Sorry for opening a can of worms with my original post, but it got a conversation going, and this thread has been pretty dead, lol.

Return to “Daily Bumps”