DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

Unread post by lmmomSD »

131618 wrote:
chrimsi wrote:Arg, I totally forgot the Combodia-situation, I totally understand that point.

But I do nit get how being religious makes you poser-ish.

I live in a county where over 70 % is member of the church, but maybe 5 % of them attend church more than at Christmas, and at Christmas maybe 50 % do. And most of those members identifie as atheists.
And that is despite we live in a Christian country, like our queen/king HAVE to be Christian. Our religion class in grade school is called 'christianity' even though we learn about many religions, mainly Islam and Christianity.

My point is, I do not 100% understand religion's truly impact on the US even though I know it have a very big impact.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
I *think* what the poster is trying to say is that when they first started out they seemed more religious, i.e. went to church often, talked about God, seemed humble and caring...but as they've gotten bigger they have become greedy, materialistic and selfish (from what we see anyways) yet still try to pretend they are these great christian people when they go to church on the holidays. Those people do get a bit of a bad rep here- personally, my only qualm is that parking and seating is scarce lol but mostly I think its great to have them come at all.

It just seems like they use religion as a badge or something when they do go, and seem to never give it a second thought between holidays, so it seems pretty shallow or fake. Idk if that helps at all....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I meant. Thanks.

Almost all vloggers have been irritating me with how Easter is getting bigger and bigger every year. Even the Weiss Family, who did a vlog briefly titled "Why We Don't Believe in God" (title got changed super quick, btw) have done these huge Easter weekend vlogs. But they are less hypocritical than the people who claim to be Christian and then take what is pretty much the holiest day of the church calendar and turn it into a festival of gluttony and greed "$1000 Easter Egg Hunt!" where they all try to outdo each other with how big their kids' baskets are, and how much money they put in plastic eggs.
Sorry for two long posts. Talk about preachy!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jmoysa »

So they’re “rebranding “ their Hey Babe podcast and does by another photo shoot. Interesting that they’ve got Bryan’s assistant, Dallas, as part of it. Wonder if he’s going to be a big part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrsglittersparkles
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by mrsglittersparkles »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:There are some people (like the Lannings) who only make a big deal about their religion when it's 'trendy' to, like Easter or Christmas. They'll go to church and talk all about jesus and the resurrection for the sake of the holiday, but 50/52 Sundays a year won't attend church at all. They're just posers, plain and simple.

It's also a bit annoying to people who attend regularly and take their faith very seriously, and then on the important days of the year a bunch of random people show up to church, kind of like how regulars at the gym get annoyed with the "new year's resolution" crowd at the beginning of January.

YES! So much yes!!!

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I don’t know that I would agree they are that generous. With family and friends, yes. They raised a lot of money for the “charity” in Cambodia, but that was pretty controversial since it went only to people who became Christians. They also raised other people’s money, so I don’t think that’s generous. They showed that they gave expensive toys away in a toy drive, what, once? People a lot less fortunate then the bumps do a lot more regularly. Maybe they do stuff that we don’t see, maybe not.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don’t think B&M are necessarily giving to those that aren’t friends and family, but I do think they give to those close to them. They have never been overly religious though, we didn’t even know what religious denomination they were for a few years. I think they were more involved in the church when Ollie was smaller because Jimmy worked in the office there, but when he left they became more distant.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:43 pm I don’t think B&M are necessarily giving to those that aren’t friends and family, but I do think they give to those close to them. They have never been overly religious though, we didn’t even know what religious denomination they were for a few years. I think they were more involved in the church when Ollie was smaller because Jimmy worked in the office there, but when he left they became more distant.

They do give to people close to them whether it’s gifts or views. I don’t think that people, other than immediate family, would be close to them if they didn’t. Bryan’s hard work basically paid for the wedding. Whether Cassie paid for it from youtube or whether her parents did, none of them would have that money without Bryan.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I don’t think it’s bad thing if they’re generous with only family and friends. I think most people dream of taking care of their family if they became rich. I don’t think they’d have a problem giving to any family member in need. It’s gotta feel good to be in that position. We don’t know how much they give to people outside of their orbit, but I don’t think that’s really anyone’s business.

melihey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melihey »

lmmomSD wrote:
131618 wrote:
chrimsi wrote:Arg, I totally forgot the Combodia-situation, I totally understand that point.

But I do nit get how being religious makes you poser-ish.

I live in a county where over 70 % is member of the church, but maybe 5 % of them attend church more than at Christmas, and at Christmas maybe 50 % do. And most of those members identifie as atheists.
And that is despite we live in a Christian country, like our queen/king HAVE to be Christian. Our religion class in grade school is called 'christianity' even though we learn about many religions, mainly Islam and Christianity.

My point is, I do not 100% understand religion's truly impact on the US even though I know it have a very big impact.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
I *think* what the poster is trying to say is that when they first started out they seemed more religious, i.e. went to church often, talked about God, seemed humble and caring...but as they've gotten bigger they have become greedy, materialistic and selfish (from what we see anyways) yet still try to pretend they are these great christian people when they go to church on the holidays. Those people do get a bit of a bad rep here- personally, my only qualm is that parking and seating is scarce lol but mostly I think its great to have them come at all.

It just seems like they use religion as a badge or something when they do go, and seem to never give it a second thought between holidays, so it seems pretty shallow or fake. Idk if that helps at all....

Almost all vloggers have been irritating me with how Easter is getting bigger and bigger every year. Even the Weiss Family, who did a vlog briefly titled "Why We Don't Believe in God" (title got changed super quick, btw) have done these huge Easter weekend vlogs. But they are less hypocritical than the people who claim to be Christian and then take what is pretty much the holiest day of the church calendar and turn it into a festival of gluttony and greed "$1000 Easter Egg Hunt!" where they all try to outdo each other with how big their kids' baskets are, and how much money they put in plastic eggs.

Talking about the Weiss family, anyone knows if they have a thread?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Emily48098
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Emily48098 »

Theirmom wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 am And, for all their faults, they ARE generous. They give a LOT to their church and local toy drives, and they have never really talked much about that on the vlog.
If they don't talk about or vlog it how do you know they ARE generous and they give a LOT?
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Emily48098 wrote:
Theirmom wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 am And, for all their faults, they ARE generous. They give a LOT to their church and local toy drives, and they have never really talked much about that on the vlog.
If they don't talk about or vlog it how do you know they ARE generous and they give a LOT?
They have mentioned it, but have said they’re not comfortable talking about it a lot.

They have said that they essentially donate all the kids toys several times a year, because they get a lot of freebies and they buy new stuff so often.

Also want to point out that generous does not equal charitable. They donate stuff because they are constant consumers and just can’t keep everything they buy/are given. It’s out of necessity, not necessarily out of the goodness of their hearts.

:roll:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

melihey wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
131618 wrote:I *think* what the poster is trying to say is that when they first started out they seemed more religious, i.e. went to church often, talked about God, seemed humble and caring...but as they've gotten bigger they have become greedy, materialistic and selfish (from what we see anyways) yet still try to pretend they are these great christian people when they go to church on the holidays. Those people do get a bit of a bad rep here- personally, my only qualm is that parking and seating is scarce lol but mostly I think its great to have them come at all.

Talking about the Weiss family, anyone knows if they have a thread?

Here you go! Dive on in! It's not very active, so new blood would be welcome. They irritate TF out of me.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

jmoysa wrote:So they’re “rebranding “ their Hey Babe podcast and does by another photo shoot. Interesting that they’ve got Bryan’s assistant, Dallas, as part of it. Wonder if he’s going to be a big part of it.

I really hope not. That last podcast they did with him in it was pretty low on views and for a good reason. He’s... different and doesn’t keep interest

melihey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melihey »

Just watched their Easter vlog... another over the top pitballs bouncy house with too many plastic junk (aka toys) and candies. Also, I just realised, how long did that 3rd person view last for their new "improved" vlog style? About a week or so?

A BUCKET 1+
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by A BUCKET 1+ »

Can someone just wipe that kid's nose!?
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

I think it is tacky and inappropriate to wear a white t-shirt to church when he obviously has nicer, better clothes he could be wearing. That coupled with doing facials with Missy...she's more like his beard than his wife.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

I find it hard to believe that someone who actually took their faith seriously would be annoyed because a bunch of "random people" are showing up at church on special occasions. If you take your faith very seriously then wouldn't you want to try to emulate Jesus Christ and be welcoming, kind and loving to everyone even though they might not be a "regular" like you? It just seems ironic to me to hear someone say that they take their faith very seriously when they aren't representing what's taught in the Bible.

As for charitable behavior, you're supposed to do your good deeds in secret, not tell others about them.

How is it tacky or inappropriate to wear a white tee shirt to church when the Bible teaches us not to doll ourselves up for church or care about nice clothing at all?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sb613 wrote:I find it hard to believe that someone who actually took their faith seriously would be annoyed because a bunch of "random people" are showing up at church on special occasions. If you take your faith very seriously then wouldn't you want to try to emulate Jesus Christ and be welcoming, kind and loving to everyone even though they might not be a "regular" like you? It just seems ironic to me to hear someone say that they take their faith very seriously when they aren't representing what's taught in the Bible.

As for charitable behavior, you're supposed to do your good deeds in secret, not tell others about them.

How is it tacky or inappropriate to wear a white tee shirt to church when the Bible teaches us not to doll ourselves up for church or care about nice clothing at all?
I agree that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't talk about charity. You are supposed to do your charitable acts in secret. But there are ways to talk about it, encouraging others to donate as well, without boasting about it. Even with the Cambodia thing, they were bragging about how much money they raised.
And yeah, if you're perfect, you don't get annoyed with C&E Christians. But I am certainly not perfect. I wouldn't even care if they were just C&E Christians. It's the making sure to post it on Instagram "look! We're at church!" that bugs me. Once again, being boastful.
As far as the white T-shirt goes, to me it's about respect for the institution and others. He's got plenty of nice clothes, but he looks like he just rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing he saw. But the boys are all dressed up, so they do care what some people think.
It's the hypocrisy and utter lack of gratitude for everything they have that makes me twitch. They're walking talking examples of the 7 Deadly Sins: greed, envy, sloth, lust, pride, wrath, and gluttony. But so are most "family vloggers".

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

Wow Bryan is a dick. He is so full of himself. He saw that Joel had 18,000 votes for that chubbies swim shirt model search and frickin Bryan enters HIMSELF in the contest what a total idiot. I’m embarrassed for him

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

sb613 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:07 pm I find it hard to believe that someone who actually took their faith seriously would be annoyed because a bunch of "random people" are showing up at church on special occasions. If you take your faith very seriously then wouldn't you want to try to emulate Jesus Christ and be welcoming, kind and loving to everyone even though they might not be a "regular" like you? It just seems ironic to me to hear someone say that they take their faith very seriously when they aren't representing what's taught in the Bible.

And if that is all the man owned there is nothing wrong with that. But in my opinion, dressing respectfully for church is a sign of reverence if you are able. You are in God's house. It's respectful to treat it as such. They don't have to be expensive clothes. But even the poorest in Biblical times wore their best, even if their best were rags. That's a big difference. The poorest woman poured the most expensive oil she had on the feet of Jesus out of respect for him.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

JVK19 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:36 pm Wow Bryan is a dick. He is so full of himself. He saw that Joel had 18,000 votes for that chubbies swim shirt model search and frickin Bryan enters HIMSELF in the contest ImageImageImageImage what a total idiot. I’m embarrassed for him

He’s desperate for attention. Thirsty as hell. They have a much bigger channel and he’s nowhere near Joel.

Return to “Daily Bumps”