sb613
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

Unread post by sb613 »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 pm
sb613 wrote:I find it hard to believe that someone who actually took their faith seriously would be annoyed because a bunch of "random people" are showing up at church on special occasions. If you take your faith very seriously then wouldn't you want to try to emulate Jesus Christ and be welcoming, kind and loving to everyone even though they might not be a "regular" like you? It just seems ironic to me to hear someone say that they take their faith very seriously when they aren't representing what's taught in the Bible.

As for charitable behavior, you're supposed to do your good deeds in secret, not tell others about them.

How is it tacky or inappropriate to wear a white tee shirt to church when the Bible teaches us not to doll ourselves up for church or care about nice clothing at all?
I agree that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't talk about charity. You are supposed to do your charitable acts in secret. But there are ways to talk about it, encouraging others to donate as well, without boasting about it. Even with the Cambodia thing, they were bragging about how much money they raised.
And yeah, if you're perfect, you don't get annoyed with C&E Christians. But I am certainly not perfect. I wouldn't even care if they were just C&E Christians. It's the making sure to post it on Instagram "look! We're at church!" that bugs me. Once again, being boastful.
As far as the white T-shirt goes, to me it's about respect for the institution and others. He's got plenty of nice clothes, but he looks like he just rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing he saw. But the boys are all dressed up, so they do care what some people think.
It's the hypocrisy and utter lack of gratitude for everything they have that makes me twitch. They're walking talking examples of the 7 Deadly Sins: greed, envy, sloth, lust, pride, wrath, and gluttony. But so are most "family vloggers".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Well I don't totally disagree with you but my comment was pretty much directed at one specific comment, that had lots of likes and people agreeing with it, which I guess just made me feel depressed and spurred me to comment when I normally wouldn't. I'm not arguing that they're not people living a lifestyle that I totally disagree with It's just that if we're going to speak about things from a religious perspective (what's appropriate or not at church, or what behaviors offend people who take their church going very seriously, etc) then there's no reason to pick at these particular behaviors over any other, or over your own bad behavior for that matter. I seriously doubt that they're not donating a ton privately considering the amount of money that they make, and I haven't really seen them mention fundraising stuff in a while which for all we know could be because they realized that "damned if you damned if you don't" nature of the situation. Maybe at first they tried to talk about some of it because they didn't want to be accused of never being charitable, I don't really know- but I do know that if you claim to be someone of faith you shouldn't really have any excuse to go around condemning others for their behavior. I know that doesn't really fit in with a forum of this nature, and like I said I mostly don't mention anything but in this case it's relevant.

Anyways, I don't mean to ramble but basically I just think it's not right to say that you're annoyed by people showing up on holidays, as if your faith and regular church going have earned you some special right to judge and an excuse to feel annoyed, when that is completely contrary to what Jesus Christ expects from his church.

And I don't want to make multiple comments quoting people, so to Edenberry, my point isn't that it's okay to wear if it's all you have, I think it's just perfectly acceptable to wear. There's no Biblical basis for saying that his outfit is inappropriate, it specifically says not to prioritize fine clothing instead. Everywhere is God's house, it's just our own societal custom to dress in fancy outfits for church which I actually don't agree with. I'm not sure where you're getting that even the poorest people would wear their best, I haven't read that anywhere. His clothes were clean and not overly flashy, that's all that matters. If anything you could say that it's more respectful to dress nicely if it's an important part of that churches culture, but they clearly attend a more relaxed, come as you please attitude.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that it's pretty ridiculous for Christians to be annoyed at people showing up to church because it all stems from judgment, but I was raised in the church and I've never met a group of us people that are more hypocritical, judgmental, rude, and downright nasty than Christians. I work in a restaurant that does a Sunday brunch and every single week get cursed at, disrespected, lied to, and generally shafted by people in their Sunday best. No one within the religion actually follows it guidelines, it's all just bullshit. They're absolutely going to bend over backwards to judge the hell out of anyone who shows up for one to two services a year and doesn't wear nice clothes, just the way that we do here, except that this form isn't built on what is supposedly a moral lifestyle.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree that a lot of "Christians" are petty and judgy. They get no joy from their faith. My ex husband and his wife are at the top of the list. Lol
And that going to church doesn't make you any more Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car. My parents were very active in the church, and just quietly went around being good people. They taught English to refugees and helped them get set up in the US. They fundraised for and opened a daycare/early childhood education program in the poorer neighborhood of our town. Took care of a close family friend who was dying of AIDS. I am nowhere near as good as they were.

That being said, I shouldn't have brought up the whole church thing. I apologise for opening the can of worms. Politics and religion are things we just shouldn't talk about here. People feel too strongly about it.

emilyrose26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emilyrose26 »

Hahaha, they are pretending that the podcasts stopping was deliberate and now 'Season 2' is starting. They really think all their fans are dumbasses don't they? Although, to be fair, it looks like at least one has fallen for it. Why not just be honest and say they fucked up? It's pathetic.

That's also a really bad picture of Mithy.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... e76d0e.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Looks like that guy would rather be anywhere than where he is

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... defd76.jpg[/IMG]

Wonder how long that will stay up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
emilyrose26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emilyrose26 »

jmoysa wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... defd76.jpg[/IMG]

Wonder how long that will stay up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They rarely delete anything nowadays.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

emilyrose26 wrote:They rarely delete anything nowadays.

That’s because they need the engagement Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your_illusion
Amateur
Amateur

DailyNewSameOldScriptedBumps - Part

Unread post by your_illusion »

Wow they must not have enough content if they have to cut to Ollie freaking out over getting a cut. Put the freaking camera down and console your son. Ollie is going to see that one day and resent them .

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

your_illusion wrote:Wow they must not have enough content if they have to cut to Ollie freaking out over getting a cut. Put the freaking camera down and console your son. Ollie is going to see that one day and resent them .

But didn't you know you were watching the "All about Ollie" show, featuring Ollie, Bryan, Missy, and that other kid (Finn)....I think they only talked to Finn once in the whole vlog today.
Also, is it possible for Bryan to get any more full of himself? I think Bryan's number one fan is... Bryan!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
your_illusion wrote:Wow they must not have enough content if they have to cut to Ollie freaking out over getting a cut. Put the freaking camera down and console your son. Ollie is going to see that one day and resent them .

But didn't you know you were watching the "All about Ollie" show, featuring Ollie, Bryan, Missy, and that other kid (Finn)....I think they only talked to Finn once in the whole vlog today.
Also, is it possible for Bryan to get any more full of himself? I think Bryan's number one fan is... Bryan!

Did you see this? Missy is acting like Bryan is all sexy. Ick. He may have lost weight, but his flabby pasty chest is still pretty icky
Disclaimer: I too have pasty skin, but I avoid posting pictures of it on public sites. And poor Finn looks hot and exhausted.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 460911.jpg[/IMG]

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:

Did you see this? Missy is acting like Bryan is all sexy. Ick. He may have lost weight, but his flabby pasty chest is still pretty icky
Disclaimer: I too have pasty skin, but I avoid posting pictures of it on public sites. And poor Finn looks hot and exhausted.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 460911.jpg[/IMG]

It’s hot enough for Bryan to go topless but Finn has jeans on.

your_illusion
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by your_illusion »

lmmomSD wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:

That’s true poor Finn Image

And that picture Image I mean it’s great he lost but I swear as the days go on he is becoming more and more self centered.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think that picture is cute. It’s a sweet father and son moment. We all take pictures in moments like that. Finn is clearly the focus.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think that picture is cute. It’s a sweet father and son moment. We all take pictures in moments like that. Finn is clearly the focus.

Agree to disagree. To me, if Finn was really the focus, they would have noticed his red face and that he's slumped over. If he had been sitting up and smiling, I could see it more your way.
And again, it's not just taking the picture. It's the "look at meeee!" self-centeredness. (Narcissism gets tossed around too much)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think that picture is cute. It’s a sweet father and son moment. We all take pictures in moments like that. Finn is clearly the focus.

Agree to disagree. To me, if Finn was really the focus, they would have noticed his red face and that he's slumped over. If he had been sitting up and smiling, I could see it more your way.
And again, it's not just taking the picture. It's the "look at meeee!" self-centeredness. (Narcissism gets tossed around too much)

Isn’t he sleeping?

And Bryan didn’t take the pic.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Isn’t he sleeping?

And Bryan didn’t take the pic.
Agree. The photo was very clearly taken because Finn fell asleep on Bryan’s shoulders. It’s a mundane, normal family moment. I think we have a similar photo of my sister on my Dad’s shoulders, on the long walk out of Magic Kingdom, with a wet streak straight down the centre of my Dad’s back that, unfortunately, wasn’t sweat from the Florida heat. ImageImage

:roll:
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Who listened to the podcast? Missy told a story about how her Uber driver was lazy because he wouldn’t stop at McDonald’s to get her drunk a** French fries, she’s such a spoiled brat! Glad I’m not an Uber driver cause I would have stopped the car and told her to get out, she was yelling “this is a joke!” .. so entitled. She also blamed him for throwing up cause she didn’t get to eat. Yeah.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 am
Disclaimer: I too have pasty skin, but I avoid posting pictures of it on public sites. And poor Finn looks hot and exhausted.

Finn is sound asleep on Bryan's shoulders. I have a similar picture of my now 8-year-old asleep on my Husband's shoulders at the Philadelphia Zoo when he was Finn's age. It is one of my favorite pictures of my youngest son with his Daddy.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Will she ever admit why the Florida Uber driver kicked her ass out?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”