danalocs
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by danalocs »

A few things:
Such a better vibe when the Bonster is M.I.A.

And it's ridiculous to send the dog away to "puppy school." I mean, come tf on. I can guarantee that that will not only be unsuccessful, but will cause the dog to regress and forget what it's learned and been acclimated to in their home thus far. These people waste money on the most ridiculous things.

I kind of hated when Joel called Cody a sissy when he was trying push the nozzle on the spray paint can. These people are so stuck in about 1950, it's unreal. I'm not easily offended and I know it's just a word, but..I always cringe when I hear grown men call little boys, (especially their own sons) sissies. He's 7 years old, for Christ's sake.

Any perceived weakness is equated to being a sissy or girlish, which, to these clods, is the worst thing a boy could be compared to.

That dog will be gone within 6 months. I'm standing by that. Can you imagine the old Joel farming his dog out to puppy school? He's changed almost as much as Bonnie.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Dogs need to be trained in their own environment. The dog will master some skills, but after leaving and coming home, will forget what she learned. I don't care how much they spend, that dog will be confused all over again with the chaos in their home...kids screaming, parents yelling...yikes!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It really chaps my hide that these families with two parents at home send their puppies _away_ to be trained. If you aren't willing to do the work, don't get a dog. Between Bonnie and Joel, Ellie and Jared, and Bryan and Missy, none of them "have time" to train their dogs?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:02 pm It really chaps my hide that these families with two parents at home send their puppies _away_ to be trained. If you aren't willing to do the work, don't get a dog. Between Bonnie and Joel, Ellie and Jared, and Bryan and Missy, none of them "have time" to train their dogs?

I also think this can be related to the bathroom situation. Bonnie was in favor of hiring someone else to do the job even though Joel stays at home and has the ability to do so. I get that it can be a time consuming process, but why hire someone else to do it when your husband is perfectly capable of doing it and doesn't have a job outside of the house tying him down?
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

danalocs wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 pm A few things:

And it's ridiculous to send the dog away to "puppy school." I mean, come tf on. I can guarantee that that will not only be unsuccessful, but will cause the dog to regress and forget what it's learned and been acclimated to in their home thus far. These people waste money on the most ridiculous things.

I kind of hated when Joel called Cody a sissy when he was trying push the nozzle on the spray paint can. These people are so stuck in about 1950, it's unreal. I'm not easily offended and I know it's just a word, but..I always cringe when I hear grown men call little boys, (especially their own sons) sissies. He's 7 years old, for Christ's sake.

Any perceived weakness is equated to being a sissy or girlish, which, to these clods, is the worst thing a boy could be compared to.

That dog will be gone within 6 months. I'm standing by that. Can you imagine the old Joel farming his dog out to puppy school? He's changed almost as much as Bonnie.

I feel like Old Joel wouldn't really feel compatible with a small designer dog.
princesseggbert
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by princesseggbert »

Place you really want to go. Figi. Really?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bonnie and Joel fight way more when they do renovation projects because Joel gets grumpy and frustrated. I don’t blame Bonnie for wanting to hire someone if they have the money to and Joel can’t keep his cool around the kids. Money savings aren’t worth having to watch your parents fight and/or give each other the silent treatment for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

kathpt wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am WOW.
LADDER day saints????

I mean, it's not like the d and the t are close to one another on the keyboard... even if it were an innocent mistaken she would have corrected it.

I am genuinely appalled by this.
I am kind of a grammar and spelling snob- I try not to be but I can't seem to help myself! This error actually makes me think that something else is going on. I'm not diagnosing but I am saying that there are people with learning difference who just have extreme difficulties with spelling. There is no doubt that Bonnie has seen Latter Day Saints written out a million times (and hopefully she understands the meaning of "latter" although I'm not entirely sure about that) so it makes me think that maybe there is just something not quite computing in her head when she writes it out. I find it very hard to understand because I have a photographic memory (or something like that I think) so when I see a word, I generally tend to remember it, but not everyone is like that. Just recently I discovered that my mother has been writing St. Margaret's as "St. Margret's" even though she's seen this name spelled with the 'a' over and over again for more than sixty years. So I don't know... Not saying Bonnie couldn't use some extra education or at least appreciation for academics, but this somehow stood out to me as something different. My gosh WHY are my posts always so long! I'm clearly lacking in brevity.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sorry for the double post, but could you imagine if Cody came home from school saying someone had called him a sissy?!! Bonnie and probably Joel too would be marching in there so fast and then lambasting the kid all over the internet. It's not okay to call your son a sissy, Joel. We are in 2019. Smarten up.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:02 pm It really chaps my hide that these families with two parents at home send their puppies _away_ to be trained. If you aren't willing to do the work, don't get a dog. Between Bonnie and Joel, Ellie and Jared, and Bryan and Missy, none of them "have time" to train their dogs?

I also think this can be related to the bathroom situation. Bonnie was in favor of hiring someone else to do the job even though Joel stays at home and has the ability to do so. I get that it can be a time consuming process, but why hire someone else to do it when your husband is perfectly capable of doing it and doesn't have a job outside of the house tying him down?
I almost believe it's a matter of pride with them that they have the money to spend for someone else to train their dogs. Just another way to show off.

physicsmac
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by physicsmac »

danalocs wrote:A few things:

Watching the Hoelleins and Jenna Marbles getting a dog at the same time and training the dogs at the same time makes it very cleear the Hoelleins don’t care about their dog’s training. If you all have a chance I would check out Jenna’s videos about training the dog, especially when they talk about going on vacation for a week and being nervous their dog will lose all the training she learned in the 2/3 weeks they had her at home, since she will be at a new place. It really is not good for a dog to be sent away to train, because they should be trained in the environment they will be raised in, including the people they will be around. In my opinion, I think Bonnie got this dog so she can have something to baby when “baby” Lincoln heads off to school.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

So Bonnie has said that Lady won’t get much bigger. Like 5-8 lbs. Quick google search shows that average Cavachon size is 10 lbs but they could get up to 18. I’m gonna laugh my ass of when she gets a dog three times bigger than she bargained for. She obviously just wanted a little purse/accessory dog, I kinda hope she doesn’t get it.

But also for Lady’s sake, I hope she stays small because Bonnie is not good at hiding her disgust at things that don’t go her way.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I was actually happily surprised that even Bonnie seemed to be head over heels for Lady. I thought that she hated dogs but it seems that she just disliked Penny. (Who no doubt was a big puppy and therefore a handful with all that energy) Maybe now that they have Lady, Bonnie can start to create bit more loving relationship with Penny through Lady.

I was happy to see that they were training her to wee outside and were pretty successful with that.
Only thing I was having bit hard time, was watching the way they let the kids be wild around her. I hope Lady do not develop habit of biting. All puppies bite and chew but I mean when she grows to be adult, small dogs when not well trained, can very easily turn into devils.

I would not send her away, if I were in their shoes. They have time and resources to train her themselves. I think sending her away will disconnect Lady mentally from them and hurt their bond. However, I do not judge them for it. If they are not able to train her well themselves, I think the second best option is to send her to professionals, so that they do not mess her up and turn her into a problem dog. However, I would have hard time trusting my animal to strangers, no matter what.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

Her answers made her seem out of it. I think her phone changed latter to ladder but still hilarious.

I'm actually happy she is having someone else train her. It's quite upsetting to see Bonnie kept trying to blanket train her. And at first I thought she had her in her cage only sometimes but it seems like 90% of the time. That's a little too close to abuse for my liking. I know Bonnie meant well but leave it to the pros!
Toffie89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Toffie89 »

I was glad to see Joel take some responsibility for Boston's cavities today but I felt so sad for him. Silver teeth = root canal right? So are they doing root canals on baby teeth? Why would they not just pull them? I had teeth pulled at age seven, and perhaps it's less traumatic to have a filling (pulling mine were very traumatic).

Does this mean that they won't be fixing Boston tongue tie? Cavities, speech issues like stuttering, food aversions (and many more symptoms) can all be caused by tongue ties. I have a vague memory of Bonnie saying that it depended on how they fix Bostons teeth (putting him under?) whether they would fix his tie or not.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Sometimes they don’t pull baby teeth in order to keep the space open. I maybe wrong, but I remember back in the 60’s my brother had a tooth knocked out. They did not put in a spacer and his teeth all shifted. Also because they removed the tooth the permanent tooth was not as strong. He ended up having it removed and getting an implant as an adult.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ducklings4 wrote:Sometimes they don’t pull baby teeth in order to keep the space open. I maybe wrong, but I remember back in the 60’s my brother had a tooth knocked out. They did not put in a spacer and his teeth all shifted. Also because they removed the tooth the permanent tooth was not as strong. He ended up having it removed and getting an implant as an adult.

This exactly. They don’t like to pull baby teeth unless they have to anymore.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That's interesting... I had 10 teeth taken out when I was a child just because they were so slow to come out- not because they had cavities in them. This was in the 80s. I do understand why they might want to approach things differently now.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Using silver fillings makes sense with Boston's teeth not being permanent teeth. I think after these dental bills, this will motivate Bonnie and Joel to improve the dental care at home.
I am enjoying these videos of Joel working at home, taking care of the kids and it reminds me of the Joel from years ago. The only thing I'm little surprise at is Joel use to enjoy these home projects and I still think he does, but I don't remember the complaining. This was a guy who worked a long day at P&G, came home and sheetrocked a room....but perhaps he is getting older. :D
No Bri in any of these videos so I think she has moved.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:46 pm Bonnie and Joel fight way more when they do renovation projects because Joel gets grumpy and frustrated. I don’t blame Bonnie for wanting to hire someone if they have the money to and Joel can’t keep his cool around the kids. Money savings aren’t worth having to watch your parents fight and/or give each other the silent treatment for days.

I mean, sure... they get tired and grumpy, but they’re redoing the whole basement again or anything of that magnitude. She wants to repaint the bathroom and maybe change some fixtures. Would take even a non-handy person about a weekend to do.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”