Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

kathpt
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by kathpt »

NGL, I actually enjoyed the video. Found it interesting to see the process, and I'm excited to see the results!
you can call me kath.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Wait a sec...they flew all the way to Toronto for these hair transplants?! WTF! Well, it was obviously free/sponsored because they could have done the same procedure in Utah.

Why are they leaving the kids so much?! Was Bonnie even home two days before jetting off again? Yes, they are taking advantage of their YT "fame" and the opportunities, but at what cost to the kids?

Bonnie and Joel are two of the most selfish parents I've ever seen on YT.
RavenUK
Talker
Talker

Unread post by RavenUK »

HelloSweetie wrote:So many YTers I used to like have changed, but the one that disappoints me the most is Joel. Sure he’s always been insecure about his hair loss, but it really isn’t that bad. I don’t think old Joel would have even considered getting hair plugs. I don’t even think old Joel would have agreed to go to a spa!

He was such a good man, and now he just isn’t. It isn’t just about the plugs, because I understand wanting to take care of yourself, and if it’s sponsored then it isn’t exactly money they are taking away from the kids, but it is TIME. He had to quit his job to be home more because the time away from the kids was too hard. Work was at least a justifiable reason to be away. What now? Now they just have the reality that mom and dad are disinterested in them and have better things to do.

I understand the writing is on the wall and that Joel could be thinking that he better take the opportunity now because it may not come up again, but still. Did he need a new truck just months after getting another new one? Does he need more toys? Did he need hair plugs? None of these things seem to make him happy. He’s lost who he is, and who he used to be. Truly tragic because I think he used to be a really good man.... husband, father, son, friend, etc. Now he’s just a shallow and desperate loser.

Bonnie didn’t change him. YT and money did, and he let it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can no longer watch them. They are totally unrelatable now. I used to enjoy watching them and as you say Joel was so down to earth, or came across as such. They have gone the same way as April and Davey, Ellie and Jared. Her other sisters. New money has changed so many you tubers. Or is it just there real personalities? Do they all still get as many views?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RavenUK wrote: I can no longer watch them. They are totally unrelatable now. I used to enjoy watching them and as you say Joel was so down to earth, or came across as such. They have gone the same way as April and Davey, Ellie and Jared. Her other sisters. New money has changed so many you tubers. Or is it just there real personalities? Do they all still get as many views?

Nope. They all get way less views. Their channels are bringing in far less than they were three years ago. They are just spending to keep up the illusion of success. Ellie and Jared’s estimated earning have fallen a million dollars a year since 2015, and while Bonnie’s are down about $500k from her peak year. Ruby is down a bit, but not necessarily in a free fall like the others yet. She’s treating it more like work and making some better choices.

It’s unlikely they will be able to get themselves back up to such windfall numbers. Not with the level of effort they are willing to put in these days. My guess is that there is a lot of spending going on, and not a lot of saving.

As for whether the money changes them or brings out their personality... I think they are insecure to start and the money brings out the need to keep up with the Joneses. This isn’t specific to YT. My husband is in an industry where people regularly make 6 figures. You see two types of spending amongst the same income range. There are those that have modest homes, reliable vehicles, kids in activities and a sizeable retirement savings, and then those that have new large homes, multiple luxury vehicles, RVs, four wheelers, every gaming console and new gadget imaginable (etc.). When someone else buys something new, you can reliably predict that these people will too. Forget the fact that Mr Jones hasn’t bought himself a new car in 10 years or taken a vacation in forever... the keeper uppers have to keep up regardless. It’s insecurity, and a need to be “better.” The new money YT brings just feeds the beast that probably was always there. The trouble with keeper uppers like YTers is that they keep up with too many people. Bonnie and Ellie wouldn’t be so bad off if they were just trying to compete with one another, but you can’t do what EVERYONE else is doing. You can’t save for retirement, pay your bills and go on multiple vacations a year. That just isn’t sensible spending, and it’s going to be even more noticeable when the money does dry up and all that stops. This is why they hang on not the lifestyle and image even when they know the writing is on the wall and they can no longer afford it. They need that adoration and envy, and dread the shame and embarrassment of having lost it all.

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Ducklings4 wrote:I do think Joel getting hair plugs is a coverup for Bonnie getting them. Body positivity includes hair loss right?

You could be right. It will be very obvious if she gets it done as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

alym0326 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:
jaynshann wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:26 pm Nobody see car seat? Tell me l am crazy. I want to report her to YouTube at the least! She’s such a selfish twit!

If it was a carseat, he wasn't strapped into it rendering it useless. I don't understand these careless people.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... 5674d8.jpg[/IMG]

Picture for those that don’t want to give a view. Definitely in a car seat (you can see the buckle in between his legs) and definitely not strapped in by the harness or seat belt. Disgusting.

OMG Image my hisband forgot once and I didn't know until we got home because I was driving and it took me DAYS to stop being absolutely furious with his. SO many awful things could've happened it still makes me sick thinking about.

Unfortunately I don't think this is a rare occurance, cody was out of his belt in his birthday vlog and E&J have often showed the infant seat without base and carefully avoid showing the backseat when they have the 3 boys in the backseat of the tesla where we know theres not enough room for all the seats

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

ba1006 wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:54 am It is Joel's time to do some retooling with his looks. They didn't announce Joel's procedure was being sponsored or this was a type of brand deal, but it does seem like they gave a good plug (excuse the pun -> hair transplants) with this doctor. I have a couple of question and the first is why didn't they go to the center in California and is Bonnie looking at this procedure in her future too?
I also don't understand with their focus regarding all the traveling they've done lately causing them to be away from their children, why Joel needed to have this procedure done at this time.
They traveled all the way to Canada for a reason when there are tons of places that do this. They mentioned the facility because they probably got a sweet deal. Maybe this was the only time the office would do it? Who knows but can anybody relate to them anymore and why are they going to a full week? I don't know who I feel worse for, the kids or Bri.
Those poor children. Whereas once they seemed to have a stable home their father has lost all interest, their mother has become some crazy plastic onbnoxious version of her past self and they are constantly being "abandoned", made fun off and ignored

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

HelloSweetie wrote:To be honest I hope it was sponsored. With views falling they are continuing to spend at an irresponsible rate. Maybe not if they have decided to stay on their current home, but I don’t imagine this is the case.

Before you make 6 figures it seems like so much money. The trouble is that you get used to a much fancier lifestyle, and this means you need to also save far more for retirement in order for that lifestyle to continue. Realistically speaking, unless Joel plans to return to work in some capacity in the future, they are looking at effectively saving for a very early retirement. With the way they are spending there is no way they are prepared for that in even the next 10 years.

They all say they used to follow Dave Ramsay, but they really didn’t. They just didn’t have credit cards and car loans. Financially speaking, they were all far better off then than they are now. Joel could have worked until 60+ and probably would have happily done so. Now? I doubt it....

Yes, plus look how much they eat out. Two boxes of pasta, sauce and garlic bread for roughly $10 vs. $20 entrees for 6 people for dinner

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Poop Olivia has a cold sore. She also didn’t seem to happy that Bri was going to be with them for a week. Weird..I thought the kids loved Bri.
I’m sure they do love Bri, but they probably long for a normal and stable home life. All this coming and going from their parents has to be leaving them with a really bad sense of insecurity and unpredictability that just isn’t fair. The Bollie IG had a story yesterday about how they (I assume Ellie and Bonnie) were supposed to go on a trip to the hot springs but decided to cancel for the kids’ sake. I assumed they were really all cancelling because of money issues, but it’s possible the kids found a way to express to everyone that they had finally had enough. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... b1a8a4.jpg[/IMG]

Lol "for the kids" yet she takes the pic with lady and plugs bollie Image

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Ckc717 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:I do think Joel getting hair plugs is a coverup for Bonnie getting them. Body positivity includes hair loss right?

You could be right. It will be very obvious if she gets it done as well.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... 9066c2.jpg[/IMG]

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think Joel getting hair plugs is just as ridiculous as Bonnie getting full body lipo.

I’ve said this before but to me Joel is the biggest disappointment of people being changed by YouTube. I just can’t picture the old, hardworking, family man taking a week off and choosing to spend it without his kids getting a cosmetic procedure. He has changed so much.

I guess the only thing that makes it slightly better then Bonnie’s lipo is the hair plugs are sponsored, and I don’t recall Joel ever preaching being positive about going bald. He doesn’t have the hypocritical factor Bonnie does preaching body positivity at any size but then paying to have her fat sucked out.

I just feel bad for those kids. Their childhood memories will be of mom and dad being gone for weeks on end and being stuck with the babysitter. Because as much as they love Bree she isn’t their parent.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Joel also hates his ears, his height, and that he has halitosis. Hmm... I wonder what’s next for him.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I think Joel getting hair plugs is just as ridiculous as Bonnie getting full body lipo.

I’ve said this before but to me Joel is the biggest disappointment of people being changed by YouTube. I just can’t picture the old, hardworking, family man taking a week off and choosing to spend it without his kids getting a cosmetic procedure. He has changed so much.

I guess the only thing that makes it slightly better then Bonnie’s lipo is the hair plugs are sponsored, and I don’t recall Joel ever preaching being positive about going bald. He doesn’t have the hypocritical factor Bonnie does preaching body positivity at any size but then paying to have her fat sucked out.

I just feel bad for those kids. Their childhood memories will be of mom and dad being gone for weeks on end and being stuck with the babysitter. Because as much as they love Bree she isn’t their parent.
And I feel bad for how the kids are going to feel when they eventually get curves and/or lose their hair. It’s not like mom and dad are going to have a lot money left to help them out. They’ll have to live with the genetics they were given and the impression that they are less having heard their parents speak about needing to change it.

LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

Anyone want to add up how many weeks Bonnie has left the kids this year so far?
so much for Joel wanting to spend more time with his kids. As others have said, he is the biggest disappointment on Youtube. I really thought he would always put his kids first.
I can NOT comprehend how they think Bollie is going to keep going if the Youtube thing tanks. The ONLY people who buy it are viewers.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Those hair plugs were gruesome looking. If I had been a kid, say Boston’s age, and my dad came home with a shaved, bloody-looking, geographic head, I’d have been kind of traumatized. The poor kids are probably still recovering from their mom coming home acting like a hunched over, drugged up freak with drains coming out of her abdomen. Didn’t she fail to tell them she was having lipo done and they were all freaked out when she came home like that?

There’s no way these kids understand the purpose of these procedures they keep getting.

Does poor Olivia already have scarring on her lips from cold sores or is Bonnie overdrawing her lips when putting makeup on her everyday? I feel like the Griffiths girls are harboring a really virulent strain of HSV judging by how scarred and battered their lips are, even while taking suppressant meds.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

They changed the vlog's thumbnail with a closer picture of a concerned looking Bonnie in her scrubs holding Joel in a childlike pose with his shaved head. They added a caption saying, "He's doing it." Earlier Joel was further back sitting on a small chair in the procedure room. It is a strange or weird looking picture. With this being a sponsored deal, I'm sure they want good view numbers.
Last edited by YTIG60 on Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

According to IG they went to the same doctor a friend went to. It’s possible it isn’t sponsored. We have You Tubers here in Canada that would make more sense for them to work with.

I can’t imagine they are going to get more positive than negative attention with these vlogs.

queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:24 pm
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Unpopular opinion? But I don't really find Joel getting hair plugs to be a bad or selfish thing. I think it is super annoying and unstable how often they leave their children, especially after how they share their feelings of not wanting their parents to go. They spend such an unnecessary time away from home for their own enjoyment and benefit. I definitely agree that the timing was bad, since Bonnie and Joel have been gone so often. It could have waited, for sure. I don't really know much about the procedure, but like it was mentioned above, it seems a bit excessive being gone a week for it? Idk. But yeah.

Anyways, the only reason why I think it's okay that Joel gets the hair plugs is because I know how self-conscious he must be. On a personal note, I have suffered from hair loss and have a bit of a receding hairline. As many of you may assume, I'm female and I'm in my mid twenties. This is such an embarrassing thing to go through, because it is less common in females and I'm so young. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom would put my hair up so tightly, causing me to develop a receding hairline. I didn't know the damage at the time until I got older and understood more about it. I'm SO self conscious. I've cried so much over it, even though it is just something with my appearance. This is why I am always so sympathetic when I see Olivia's hair up so tight. I know what can happen and will suffer from that for the rest of my life.

Anyways, hair loss and receding hairlines aren't something that can just be fixed on its own. It's something that happens overtime on its own, or it can also be due to pulling of hair (like what happened to me) or wearing caps all the time and such. We see Bonnie poke fun at his hair at times. She means it all in good fun, I'm sure, but it still hurts. I think it's okay for him to get it if it's going to make him feel better about himself. It's not like he got lipo to lose weight without giving exercise a try, yanno? Anyways, sorry for the rant and personal story. It's just a topic I can relate to SO much. I never talk about it with anyone I know because I'm embarrassed to draw attention to my own hair. It's hard for people to admit that something bothers them so much, but when Joel was getting his hair clipped back, you can tell he felt super vulnerable.
I’m sorry for your struggle. I can’t even imagine how stressful that would be.

I really don’t think hair plugs are going to make Joel any happier though. I still say old Joel wouldn’t have cared as much. His value was always more in his work ethic than his appearance.

I agree that he would be much happier going back to his final work ethic and grind. I think that piece of him has been severely lacking for well over a year now. However, I have to disagree that the hair plugs won’t make him any happier. He’s always struggled with his and even in the “good old vlogs” talked about how badly he wishes to have thicker hair. It’s not going to help his identity crisis, but i think it will absolutely help us confidence and make him over-all happier with his appearance.
Thanks for sharing your story YTI101. I know many people struggle with it. Women are always taught to keep up with appearances, and it’s no biggie for us to dye our hair, wear makeup, wear spanx, etc. It’s definitely a different stubble for men all together. Women dye their hair to cover grays, but if Jared did it people would comment against it. Bonnie has flat and thin hair, she got extensions to fill it out, and aside from the people that didn’t like the ones she got, it’s relatively normal for a woman to do that... men like Joel get a bad rep for doing the same thing.
Just my two cents!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Ducklings4 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:54 am I do think Joel getting hair plugs is a coverup for Bonnie getting them. Body positivity includes hair loss right?

As I watched this it was tough to not notice how thin her hair is but I think she could style it better as my mom has really really thin hair. I've always tried to prevent it. I wonder if they are testing it out with Joel first.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

[/quote]

Nope. They all get way less views. Their channels are bringing in far less than they were three years ago. They are just spending to keep up the illusion of success. Ellie and Jared’s estimated earning have fallen a million dollars a year since 2015, and while Bonnie’s are down about $500k from her peak year. Ruby is down a bit, but not necessarily in a free fall like the others yet. She’s treating it more like work and making some better choices.

It’s unlikely they will be able to get themselves back up to such windfall numbers. Not with the level of effort they are willing to put in these days. My guess is that there is a lot of spending going on, and not a lot of saving.

As for whether the money changes them or brings out their personality... I think they are insecure to start and the money brings out the need to keep up with the Joneses. This isn’t specific to YT. My husband is in an industry where people regularly make 6 figures. You see two types of spending amongst the same income range. There are those that have modest homes, reliable vehicles, kids in activities and a sizeable retirement savings, and then those that have new large homes, multiple luxury vehicles, RVs, four wheelers, every gaming console and new gadget imaginable (etc.). When someone else buys something new, you can reliably predict that these people will too. Forget the fact that Mr Jones hasn’t bought himself a new car in 10 years or taken a vacation in forever... the keeper uppers have to keep up regardless. It’s insecurity, and a need to be “better.” The new money YT brings just feeds the beast that probably was always there. The trouble with keeper uppers like YTers is that they keep up with too many people. Bonnie and Ellie wouldn’t be so bad off if they were just trying to compete with one another, but you can’t do what EVERYONE else is doing. You can’t save for retirement, pay your bills and go on multiple vacations a year. That just isn’t sensible spending, and it’s going to be even more noticeable when the money does dry up and all that stops. This is why they hang on not the lifestyle and image even when they know the writing is on the wall and they can no longer afford it. They need that adoration and envy, and dread the shame and embarrassment of having lost it all.

[/quote]

There is a youtube family I watch-McClure twins. They also have a podcast. Justin, the dad was talking about how he couldn't believe some youtubers would buy a new house, car, etc. He said a statement that both Bonnie and Ellie need to understand. He said you may be popular at one time, then boom no one cares for your content. That's why he said it was important to save and be prepared. They also have an account for each child that they deposit money into.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”