Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by lmmomSD »

angelfire89 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
natalka81 wrote:But aren't people paying thousands of dollars for mixed breeds these days normally? Here the popular breeds are all doodle-somethings: golden doodles, bernedoodles, cockapoos, labradoodles, etc. and I think they're around $1000 and I've not really thought of them as "mutts". I wouldn't particularly want the kind of dog Bonnie got because I'm much more partial to bigger breeds, but I don't think the price for a two-breed dog is completely ridiculous. Maybe I'm wrong...
I guess. But I think paying a couple of thousand dollars for a dog is pretty ridiculous. I understand the appeal of golden doodles is that if you have allergies, they're better. But when there are so many perfectly good dogs being euthanized in shelters, spending that kind of money on a "designer dog", which again is a glorified mutt, is just ridiculous. In my opinion only. My old dog's sire was a purebred Lab who got out and knocked up the neighbor's mutt. He was the best dog ever-- gentle with the kids, sweet, a great watch dog, just all around an awesome pet. And he was free.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Agreed. My dog’s mom was a lab and we’re almost certain the dad was a Westie (lord only knows how but that’s what she looks likes.) A) everyone tells me she’s the most adorable dog ever, not bragging just happens B)she’s super healthy, other than just having a tooth removed (my fault). People don’t believe when I tell them she’s almost 10. C)I paid about $100 from the San Diego SPCA including a bag of food, a leash, and a collar. Pretty sure it was only that much because she was a puppy and it was a fundraiser/telethon type weekend.

I’ll never understand buying from breeders. Especially since someone told me that at some shelters you can put your name down for a certain breed and if one comes in/a mix they’ll call you.
And if you want a specific breed, there are rescues. One of my best friends loves collies. She's one of those people who spoil their dogs rotten-- we joke that the reward for living a very good life is that you come back as one of her dogs. She's had seven collies, every single one a rescue. And she can afford to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a dog.
I'll get down off my soapbox now. Sorry for lecturing. I know it's probably obvious to you all, but "adopt don't shop" is something I'm passionate about.
Back to your regularly scheduled snarking.
How is Joel's head healing? He and Bonnie sharing pain meds? It certainly looks painful to me.

boredonthekeyboard
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by boredonthekeyboard »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm
HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm
Catface2 wrote:Why would you plan your wedding so close to your period? Isn’t that basic common sense?
Not everyone has a predictable 28 day cycle. It’s normal for there to be a few days variance every cycle. This would make it impossible to predict unless you’re planning only a month or two away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did plan it about 2 months in advance though...Joel got home from his mission and they got married 2 months later didn't they?

Granted, with my cycle I cant plan 2 months in advance even haha, but Bonnie has said before she is really regular.

It isn't always predictable. My doctor switched my birth control about 3 months before my wedding because it was causing migraines. When I made the switch, I bled for 4 months straight, including my entire honeymoon. "It's just breakthrough bleeding," he kept telling me. 😒 I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and couldn't even swim in the ocean because I was terrified of being shark bait.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

They need to stop bathing that dog so often :(
you can call me kath.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Aunt Linda was super cute with Lady though. I just wish the sisters would stop making fun of her though. Someone in the comment section asked where they got the name Lady from and Bonnie said she had a dog named Lady when she was a child. I assumed Lady was the name the dog breeder gave her. Why didn't the kids get to name her? I guess Bonnie has to be in charge of everything.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

They use to be such a cute couple. Bonnie and Joel are not looking their best at 5:48 talking in the bathroom. I think this is when Bonnie posed and uploaded the picture on IG a week or more ago with her orange tan. Joel, in my opinion, looks better without a beard and his scabbed head looks gross. I'm not too interested in dogs, so I'm watching just a portion of their vlogs these days. I went back and looked at their recent trips that I enjoyed watching.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ba1006 wrote:Aunt Linda was super cute with Lady though. I just wish the sisters would stop making fun of her though. Someone in the comment section asked where they got the name Lady from and Bonnie said she had a dog named Lady when she was a child. I assumed Lady was the name the dog breeder gave her. Why didn't the kids get to name her? I guess Bonnie has to be in charge of everything.
Because it's not the "family dog". It's Bonnie's new toy. If she was really getting a family dog, she wouldn't have been so determined to get a little foo-foo dog that she could carry around in a bag. They're an active family when they do actually do things together. I would think they would want a dog that they could take to "play" on the property without having to worry about her getting carried off by a coyote or big bird of prey.
I wish the sisters would stop making fun of Aunt Linda as well. They obviously don't see anything wrong with it, because they laugh behind her back and include it in videos. And to me, that's yet another failure on Jennifer and Chad's part. Don't know about Bo, but the women seem to be really lacking in empathy. If I heard my kids laughing at someone the way these people make fun of Linda, they would know I was very angry. As some of you know, my daughter is special needs, but she's pretty high functioning. There were times when she was impatient with some of the kids who weren't as high functioning as she was. I made sure to talk to her about that, and remind her how she felt when people were impatient with her, or laughed at her. These people are blessed with healthy children, and they don't even appreciate the gifts that Aunt Linda brings to the family.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
ba1006 wrote:Aunt Linda was super cute with Lady though. I just wish the sisters would stop making fun of her though. Someone in the comment section asked where they got the name Lady from and Bonnie said she had a dog named Lady when she was a child. I assumed Lady was the name the dog breeder gave her. Why didn't the kids get to name her? I guess Bonnie has to be in charge of everything.
Because it's not the "family dog". It's Bonnie's new toy. If she was really getting a family dog, she wouldn't have been so determined to get a little foo-foo dog that she could carry around in a bag. They're an active family when they do actually do things together. I would think they would want a dog that they could take to "play" on the property without having to worry about her getting carried off by a coyote or big bird of prey.
I wish the sisters would stop making fun of Aunt Linda as well. They obviously don't see anything wrong with it, because they laugh behind her back and include it in videos. And to me, that's yet another failure on Jennifer and Chad's part. Don't know about Bo, but the women seem to be really lacking in empathy. If I heard my kids laughing at someone the way these people make fun of Linda, they would know I was very angry. As some of you know, my daughter is special needs, but she's pretty high functioning. There were times when she was impatient with some of the kids who weren't as high functioning as she was. I made sure to talk to her about that, and remind her how she felt when people were impatient with her, or laughed at her. These people are blessed with healthy children, and they don't even appreciate the gifts that Aunt Linda brings to the family.

They have a tiny house they are outgrowing and no room for a bigger dog. She always said they wouldn’t get a dog at all, and she relented because she thought a small dog would work. Even a midsize dog like a beagle seems huge when you have a small house.

Honestly, families need to pick the dog that will work best for them, and Bonnie seems to have. So far it’s gone better than I expected and she really seems to adore the dog. It’s working, the family is happy and the dog is well cared for. I don’t think another dog would have necessarily been better. All dogs have their own issues they bring. What is ideal for one family may not be ideal for another.

Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

Wow so much to comment on today’s vlog. Bonnie nearly put hot water on the pup. Boston was sitting up front and no seatbelt you could see out the window behind him the car is moving fast and though she vlogs the other kids she doesn’t Boston probably because it will show he is up front no seatbelt frightening! Though aunt Linda kisses them both the avoid kissing her and they laugh at her for singing Happy Birthday quite sad to watch. Why wasn’t Ellie and Ruby at their nieces’ first birthday? And did they really leave Julie alone to travel by train with Abby?
Maybe I am seeing too much into it but it was wow after wow for me, especially the seatbelt!
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:15 am
queenc13 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 am My post about people excusing Joel for things wasn’t just about surgeries. A lot of the posts about how Bonnie is failing her kids, or using Bri as a replacement excuses Joel because they assume Joel is off working like most men. He isn’t though...

Joel is Ellie (Missy, Katie, etc)

Bonnie is Jared (Bryan, Cullen, etc)

People forget that Bri is doing the job that Joel should be helping with, so at best the lazy parenting criticisms apply to Joel and Bonnie equally. If he stepped it up, they wouldn’t need Bri. Bonnie gets a trainer and people comment on how it’s coming out of the kids time. They have a father that could definitely watch them for an hour while she works out. Bonnie has watched the kids many times when Joel has gone off with the boys.

I expect Jared to be involved with the kids, but don’t expect him to do it all. Most of my criticism is directed at Ellie’s willingness to avoid her kids. How is Joel any less guilty of this? He isn’t imo, and I can’t give him a pass on it because men aren’t traditionally involved. I think it sucks that he quit his job under the guise of wanting to be around more for the kids, when the truth was he wanted to play with Jared more and be around more for BONNIE.

I mean, not being on social media any longer isn’t endearing, it’s looking more like laziness and an unwillingness to grow and at least learn how to navigate the business they are full in on. I criticize Ellie, Katie, Missy for siting back and letting the men do everything and it would be hypocritical to not levy the same criticisms onto Joel. I used to really adore Joel, but he’s such a loser now. The hair plugs didn’t do that.

I still don’t think the hair plugs are going to make Joel happy. I don’t think they were ever the reason he isn’t happy. It might help, but no more than Bonnie’s weight loss helped her.

Agree with a lot of this, but I don’t agree with Joel being on social media. He’s getting crap for selling out and not paying attention to his kids, but we want him to be more present on social media? I don’t agree with that.

Except he already has sold out in every other way. Participating on social media now would just be participating in the work he’s already chosen to be part of.

He’s in a pretty cushy position hiding behind Bonnie right now. She does all the work, and gets all the hate and criticism. He sits back and spends the money on toys and projects he uses to avoid his kids. It would be different if he were busy with Bollie and his job was mainly that, but I don’t see him doing much of anything. He got far more done when he also worked imo.

Sorry, guess I still just don’t understand. Yeah, he’s changed A LOT, I think we’re all pretty disappointed in that. But Joel has always wanted his presence on social media limited the to the vlogs, and Bonnie has always been adamant that she’s the face of the channel and will always be— there won’t even be a name change (even though her kids are the real $ makers.)
So he gets crapped on (rightfully so) for being a sell out and then gets told he’s not enough of a sell out?
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Regarding Aunt Linda, and for what it’s worth, I don’t think Bonnie and Ellie have exceeded the mental or emotional maturity level that Linda’s disability has locked her into.

These women haven’t followed a normal maturation cycle and you can’t blame their religion for all of it.
Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

She just changed thumbnail of aunt Linda
and title ‘Aunt Linda meets Lady!? I wonder why?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

queenc13 wrote: Sorry, guess I still just don’t understand. Yeah, he’s changed A LOT, I think we’re all pretty disappointed in that. But Joel has always wanted his presence on social media limited the to the vlogs, and Bonnie has always been adamant that she’s the face of the channel and will always be— there won’t even be a name change (even though her kids are the real $ makers.)
So he gets crapped on (rightfully so) for being a sell out and then gets told he’s not enough of a sell out?
Fair enough, maybe his being on social media would be selling out, but that’s a huge part of the job he has chosen. Leaving it all to Bonnie is leaving a large part of the sponsorship integration, viewer engagement, and networking up to Bonnie. This is fine, but I just don’t think he’s pulling his weight. A lot of the shit Bonnie took for Bri should have been directed in Joel’s direction because Bonnie had the YT job and Joel was the at home parent.

I think there’s a gender bias because as much as we rail against gender roles on these boards, they are familiar and people tend to still judge by them.

I criticize Ellie for playing around all day and leaving far too much work to Jared. It would be hypocritical for me to ignore that Joel really isn’t any better. He cherry picks his involvement with the kids just like she does.

That said, I’ll agree to disagree.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Byebyelemons wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am She just changed thumbnail of aunt Linda
I came here to ask the same thing.

My only comment on the bath deal is how many times did she put soap on the pup? She's not an outside dog so she's not getting very dirty. Plus I hope Bonnie doesn't try to cut Lady. We don't want Lady to get a fear of being groomed!
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Byebyelemons wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am She just changed thumbnail of aunt Linda
They did this eleven days ago with a thumbnail and their views did go up (Hair transplant process). I don't know why they took Aunt Linda's picture down?
I skipped through this morning's vlog and went back to see the snickering when Aunt Linda was singing Happy Birthday. This is unfortunate they did this and filmed-uploaded it for their viewers to see. If comments were on, I wouldn't be surprised if a viewer with a family member who is disabled would send them a message by commenting about this interaction with four thirty year old adults. This is where I think Bonnie and Joel having comments on matters since they don't have a filter on what not to upload and their viewer comments did help them see this at times.
lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lightasfeather »

sheltiefan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am

My only comment on the bath deal is how many times did she put soap on the pup? She's not an outside dog so she's not getting very dirty. Plus I hope Bonnie doesn't try to cut Lady. We don't want Lady to get a fear of being groomed!
I think she did try to groom her herself before the party to 'make her pretty', but it didn't work out at all so the end result is not shown directly, but you can see strangely chopped hair on Lady at the party...
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lightasfeather wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 pm
sheltiefan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am

I think she did try to groom her herself before the party to 'make her pretty', but it didn't work out at all so the end result is not shown directly, but you can see strangely chopped hair on Lady at the party...
Yeah, I think she did say in the vlog that she was going to groom Lady so she would like nice for the party. I wish she would stop screeching into that poor dog's face though. Lady is going to need anxiety meds like her Aunt Ellie.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

I just can’t with bathing the dog in the kitchen sick. So revolting washing an animal where you wash the dishes. For the love of God, wash the dog in the bathroom/laundry, anywhere but the kitchen sink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Ohnonotme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm I just can’t with bathing the dog in the kitchen sick. So revolting washing an animal where you wash the dishes. For the love of God, wash the dog in the bathroom/laundry, anywhere but the kitchen sink.

How about when the kids sit and stand on the counters? The same counters that always has food on top of them. Don't forget how she has the kids eating in the bathroom putting their food on the toilet. Yeah, they're revolting alright.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

ba1006 wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm I just can’t with bathing the dog in the kitchen sick. So revolting washing an animal where you wash the dishes. For the love of God, wash the dog in the bathroom/laundry, anywhere but the kitchen sink.

How about when the kids sit and stand on the counters? The same counters that always has food on top of them. Don't forget how she has the kids eating in the bathroom putting their food on the toilet. Yeah, they're revolting alright.
And she prides herself on being clean Image.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

They have a tiny house they are outgrowing and no room for a bigger dog. She always said they wouldn’t get a dog at all, and she relented because she thought a small dog would work. Even a midsize dog like a beagle seems huge when you have a small house.

Honestly, families need to pick the dog that will work best for them, and Bonnie seems to have. So far it’s gone better than I expected and she really seems to adore the dog. It’s working, the family is happy and the dog is well cared for. I don’t think another dog would have necessarily been better. All dogs have their own issues they bring. What is ideal for one family may not be ideal for another.

I would agree with you except that we pretty much know that they're planning on building a bigger house, and Bonnie has consistently shown that vanity trumps "what's best for the family". Her squealing at the dog and immediately buying and posting a picture of a "cute dog purse"and taking the puppy with her on the road trip to get her eyebrows done instead of leaving her with the kids pretty much shows me that this wasn't a purchase guided by what is the "best dog for the family". And she and Ellie talk about "country living" with the property (at least Ellie does) and Bonnie scoffed at people who told her to be careful with the dog out on the property, so she definitely isn't thinking about what is best for the dog. Especially if she's "grooming her" herself. She isn't a dog groomer. Why not make an appointment for someone to come to the house? They do that-- and we k know she's not above throwing money away. She would probably catch grief for doing that, but having a professional take care of grooming the dog is one thing I actually wouldn't judge her for.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”