Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote: I would agree with you except that we pretty much know that they're planning on building a bigger house, and Bonnie has consistently shown that vanity trumps "what's best for the family". Her squealing at the dog and immediately buying and posting a picture of a "cute dog purse"and taking the puppy with her on the road trip to get her eyebrows done instead of leaving her with the kids pretty much shows me that this wasn't a purchase guided by what is the "best dog for the family". And she and Ellie talk about "country living" with the property (at least Ellie does) and Bonnie scoffed at people who told her to be careful with the dog out on the property, so she definitely isn't thinking about what is best for the dog. Especially if she's "grooming her" herself. She isn't a dog groomer. Why not make an appointment for someone to come to the house? They do that-- and we k know she's not above throwing money away. She would probably catch grief for doing that, but having a professional take care of grooming the dog is one thing I actually wouldn't judge her for.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Then the criticism should be that they shouldn’t be buying a dog yet, not the size of the dog. You don’t get a dog that fits the future you plan to have, you get one that works for the reality you live in.

Let’s be honest, when they didn’t plan to get a dog people argued the kids were deprived. If they had bought a lab, or even a midsize mutt people would have said that they should have gotten a smaller dog with their small house. I don’t think there is a “perfect” dog as far as this board goes. If they like the dog they got, then it’s the perfect one for them.

Decisions aren’t always as “one size fits all” as we try to act like they are on these boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Liz_444 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:47 am I believe Bon Bon got this dog so she could parade around showing off her new "baby". The way she talks to the dog is so obnoxious!

I find it so funny that she paid so much money for the mutt. She can call this dog what she wants, but the bottom line is that the dog is a mixed mutt, a blend of two recognized breeds.
Exactly what I was thinking! Did you hear her comment in today's vlog something along the lines of, "if I can't bathe a baby in the sink, I'm gonna bathe a little puppy" or something? She knows the baby days are gone but she wants something to show off. Even when she mentioned that she needed to "groom" lady because she looked scruffy. She just wanted to impress her family with the dog. Really hope she doesn't make a habit out of cutting the dog's fur, I just don't see that ending right
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:35 pm
lmmomSD wrote: I would agree with you except that we pretty much know that they're planning on building a bigger house, and Bonnie has consistently shown that vanity trumps "what's best for the family". Her squealing at the dog and immediately buying and posting a picture of a "cute dog purse"and taking the puppy with her on the road trip to get her eyebrows done instead of leaving her with the kids pretty much shows me that this wasn't a purchase guided by what is the "best dog for the family". And she and Ellie talk about "country living" with the property (at least Ellie does) and Bonnie scoffed at people who told her to be careful with the dog out on the property, so she definitely isn't thinking about what is best for the dog. Especially if she's "grooming her" herself. She isn't a dog groomer. Why not make an appointment for someone to come to the house? They do that-- and we k know she's not above throwing money away. She would probably catch grief for doing that, but having a professional take care of grooming the dog is one thing I actually wouldn't judge her for.

Then the criticism should be that they shouldn’t be buying a dog yet, not the size of the dog. You don’t get a dog that fits the future you plan to have, you get one that works for the reality you live in.

Let’s be honest, when they didn’t plan to get a dog people argued the kids were deprived. If they had bought a lab, or even a midsize mutt people would have said that they should have gotten a smaller dog with their small house. I don’t think there is a “perfect” dog as far as this board goes. If they like the dog they got, then it’s the perfect one for them.

Decisions aren’t always as “one size fits all” as we try to act like they are on these boards.

I feel like most people agreed that the family would probably be best without a dog due to Bonnie's disliking of dogs that she expressed in the past. I still stand by that if Bonnie's attitude changes once this puppy fever wears off. That's why so many of us were shocked when they brought the puppy home.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:

I feel like most people agreed that the family would probably be best without a dog due to Bonnie's disliking of dogs that she expressed in the past. I still stand by that if Bonnie's attitude changes once this puppy fever wears off. That's why so many of us were shocked when they brought the puppy home.

There were plenty of comments from people saying Bonnie was selfish for depriving the kids of a dog.

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

ba1006 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:38 am Hair plugs, new designer clothes. What's next, a Lamborghini?
How about he buys Jared's Tesla? :D
(not sure if he still has it?)
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I believe they might have looked at Lady as helping their channel with brand deals and views. Friday's vlog was all about products you can purchase from Amazon and I imaged she wouldn't mind working with them or the companies who makes these products. I'm not sure what they are going to do next, but today I was surprised at the number of lost subscribers and I think they've done one too many puppy vlogs in a row. As someone who isn't crazy about dogs, you don't magically start to love them. They require care, can make a mess and you can't go just anywhere with them. Bonnie's baby voice talking to Lady is annoying too.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:35 pm Then the criticism should be that they shouldn’t be buying a dog yet, not the size of the dog. You don’t get a dog that fits the future you plan to have, you get one that works for the reality you live in.

There were plenty of comments from people saying Bonnie was selfish for depriving the kids of a dog.

There were. It's true. This is probably one of the damned if she does and damned if she doesn't things. If she had gotten a lab when they moved to the "property", (which granted, is still possible) and treated it the way Ellie treats Penny and Ruby treated Nollie, which in my opinion is very likely, I would have been annoyed too.

lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lightasfeather »

Well there weren't all too many options other than going short after the chop Bonnie gave her day before... The dog hairdresser though didn't sound like she believed that the dog won't grow up, lol
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

That groomer gave her a really janky cut. It was also very odd that she allowed Bonnie in there. I groom my own dog (actually professionally trained I just can’t do it due to carpel tunnel) and do a better job. You aren’t supposed to make a puppies first grooming experience a total chop like that. The first grooming visit should be just trimming the face and sanitary arena and getting them used to the process. What that lady did was definitely not a “puppy cut”

Toffie89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Toffie89 »

I am not a dogownder so I have three questions

1) Is Lady still a puppy? Could the biting wanting to play be due to itchy baby teeth?

2) Is what Lady is doing truly "nipping"? I thought that was a term for when dogs bite to warn you that you're in their space or that they are not in the mood.

3) Lady was shaking during the grooming. Is that inevitable? It looked like she was scared but maybe that's just my untrained eyes tricking me?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

I was fine with them not getting a dog. My Mother doesn't like them but my Step father insists. She has to do the looking after and the dogs aren't well cared for (not neglected really just only the basics done) so I think the better thing is to just not have one. If Lady is a good fit for them, then great but I think once she's a dog and not just a cute pup, the novelty will wear off.
Unless she breeds her :(
Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

Omg most horrendous puppy cut ever! I have a friend who owns a salon for pups! She freaked! First off you wash their bodies with a sponge so they don’t overload with shampoo and strip their natural waterproof coat! She started to groom the dog wet yikes big no no! Puppy cut means good brushing out of the fur then cutting it into a puffy shape with scissors! Then on top of the eyes the hair is fringed! She shaved it and left clumps that is not grooming! The ears were not even shaped nor the paws!Bonnie needs to find a new groomer that kind of grooming can be done by the owner themselves this is not professional grooming!
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Ohnonotme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:02 pm
ba1006 wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm I just can’t with bathing the dog in the kitchen sick. So revolting washing an animal where you wash the dishes. For the love of God, wash the dog in the bathroom/laundry, anywhere but the kitchen sink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How about when the kids sit and stand on the counters? The same counters that always has food on top of them. Don't forget how she has the kids eating in the bathroom putting their food on the toilet. Yeah, they're revolting alright.
And she prides herself on being clean Image.

Can’t find fault in this. I’ve washed every puppy I’ve ever had in the sink, and used my little sprayer as to not drown them in water or get in on their face nor ears. Really not a lot wrong with bathing a dog in the sink if you disinfect. My 3 pound puppy was much cleaner than any raw meat, dirty dish or anything else I’ve ever put in the sink.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Toffie89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 am I am not a dogownder so I have three questions

1) Is Lady still a puppy? Could the biting wanting to play be due to itchy baby teeth?

2) Is what Lady is doing truly "nipping"? I thought that was a term for when dogs bite to warn you that you're in their space or that they are not in the mood.

3) Lady was shaking during the grooming. Is that inevitable? It looked like she was scared but maybe that's just my untrained eyes tricking me?

Yeah, so I’ve had many, many dogs in my life of all kinds. I’m a registered foster home with my local rescue and we have puppies in and out quite a bit. Over the summer, we take in lots of bottle babies as my husband and I are both blessed to be able to work from home in the summer. Lady is 100% still a puppy. She’s very young, but obviously not too young to start proper training. Mouthy behavior is very typical, much like a baby that gnaws and bites on things. They’re teething, trying to taste everything, and also trying to see what they can get away with. My current lab was one of my “failed fosters” as we ended up keeping him. He was a bottle baby when I got him at 4 weeks, and he was mouthy for quite some time, as labs usually are. It’s not an aggression thing, they just have to learn what they’re allowed to put in their mouth and what they aren’t. Lady isn’t being aggressive, but untrained, it can turn in to a problem. Shaking during grooming for puppies or small dogs is normal, she’s petrified and likely cold. She has a hard time regulating her own body temp as it is while being thrown in to a sink and being washed.
Toffie89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Toffie89 »

queenc13 wrote:
Toffie89 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 am I am not a dogownder so I have three questions

Yeah, so I’ve had many, many dogs in my life of all kinds. I’m a registered foster home with my local rescue and we have puppies in and out quite a bit. Over the summer, we take in lots of bottle babies as my husband and I are both blessed to be able to work from home in the summer. Lady is 100% still a puppy. She’s very young, but obviously not too young to start proper training. Mouthy behavior is very typical, much like a baby that gnaws and bites on things. They’re teething, trying to taste everything, and also trying to see what they can get away with. My current lab was one of my “failed fosters” as we ended up keeping him. He was a bottle baby when I got him at 4 weeks, and he was mouthy for quite some time, as labs usually are. It’s not an aggression thing, they just have to learn what they’re allowed to put in their mouth and what they aren’t. Lady isn’t being aggressive, but untrained, it can turn in to a problem. Shaking during grooming for puppies or small dogs is normal, she’s petrified and likely cold. She has a hard time regulating her own body temp as it is while being thrown in to a sink and being washed.
Thanks! Some of these things are hard to understand when you have about zero dog knowledge. The nipping-training seems to be a good thing as they are doing it calmly.

So she is as overwhelmed as she seems when groomed? To me it looked like maybe there is a more puppy-friendly way to do it, like maybe get her accustomed to being handled, blow dried and just the sound/feel of clippers. I'm comparing it to how I imagine I'll take my (very nervous) 3.5 yo daughter to the hairdresser one day.

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

That poor, poor, puppy! Did they really give her two baths in a row?? That's going to dry the shit out of her coat. Dogs rarely need baths and usually only when they roll into something that stinks to high heaven. That hair cut was horrible! How did she find this "groomer"? Yikes!

Bonnie would be better off purchasing a stuffed dog than a real one. She want s very clean puppy that smells good. Well, dogs smell like dogs. They don't want to smell like a can of cheap perfume.

Why did both Bonnie and Joel take the dog to get groomed? Why didn't they take one or two of the kids??? They both need to get real jobs.
purple_rain_82
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by purple_rain_82 »

queenc13 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am
Ohnonotme wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:02 pm
ba1006 wrote:
How about when the kids sit and stand on the counters? The same counters that always has food on top of them. Don't forget how she has the kids eating in the bathroom putting their food on the toilet. Yeah, they're revolting alright.
And she prides herself on being clean Image.

Can’t find fault in this. I’ve washed every puppy I’ve ever had in the sink, and used my little sprayer as to not drown them in water or get in on their face nor ears. Really not a lot wrong with bathing a dog in the sink if you disinfect. My 3 pound puppy was much cleaner than any raw meat, dirty dish or anything else I’ve ever put in the sink.
For some reason, I do not think Bonnie disinfects her sink......
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

This vlog reminded me of their older ones and I liked it. It was sweet Boston giving Bonnie her gift and she looks good in the Bollie dress belted with cute shoes. I wish Joel would leave out the smokin hot stuff that isn't necessary, but all and all it was a nice very delayed uploaded Mother's Day vlog. It is strange why they linked the Apple AirPods to the older version at Walmart since it is not a difficult item for viewers to know where to buy them?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 am This vlog reminded me of their older ones and I liked it. It was sweet Boston giving Bonnie her gift and she looks good in the Bollie dress belted with cute shoes. I wish Joel would leave out the smokin hot stuff that isn't necessary, but all and all it was a nice very delayed uploaded Mother's Day vlog. It is strange why they linked the Apple AirPods to the older version at Walmart since it is not a difficult item for viewers to know where to buy them?
It was very sweet how Boston was so excited to give his mother that hand-made coaster (or whatever it was). I'm glad she didn't show how he dropped and broke it. It was in one of her instastories. He was understandably upset so it's good she kept that out. Hopefully someone glued it back together. He sure is a special little boy.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

I agree. And even though Bonnie is acting kind of dramatically (as always), she seems to really like the dog and is affectionate to it. She’s made some mistakes with it but the large majority of pet owners you meet are usually kind of clueless. All she has to do is educate herself if she wants to make the dog’s life the best possible one.

Her other sisters just seem really cold or indifferent their dogs. I think it’s odd that they sent a puppy away to be trained, but whatever. Hopefully they won’t do it again and continue to give the dog affection. It seems to like Joel a lot.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”