Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Z3phyr wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:35 pm
lmmomSD wrote: I would agree with you except that we pretty much know that they're planning on building a bigger house, and Bonnie has consistently shown that vanity trumps "what's best for the family". Her squealing at the dog and immediately buying and posting a picture of a "cute dog purse"and taking the puppy with her on the road trip to get her eyebrows done instead of leaving her with the kids pretty much shows me that this wasn't a purchase guided by what is the "best dog for the family". And she and Ellie talk about "country living" with the property (at least Ellie does) and Bonnie scoffed at people who told her to be careful with the dog out on the property, so she definitely isn't thinking about what is best for the dog. Especially if she's "grooming her" herself. She isn't a dog groomer. Why not make an appointment for someone to come to the house? They do that-- and we k know she's not above throwing money away. She would probably catch grief for doing that, but having a professional take care of grooming the dog is one thing I actually wouldn't judge her for.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Then the criticism should be that they shouldn’t be buying a dog yet, not the size of the dog. You don’t get a dog that fits the future you plan to have, you get one that works for the reality you live in.

Let’s be honest, when they didn’t plan to get a dog people argued the kids were deprived. If they had bought a lab, or even a midsize mutt people would have said that they should have gotten a smaller dog with their small house. I don’t think there is a “perfect” dog as far as this board goes. If they like the dog they got, then it’s the perfect one for them.

Decisions aren’t always as “one size fits all” as we try to act like they are on these boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. And even though Bonnie is acting kind of dramatically (as always), she seems to really like the dog and is affectionate to it. She’s made some mistakes with it but the large majority of pet owners you meet are usually kind of clueless. All she has to do is educate herself if she wants to make the dog’s life the best possible one.

Her other sisters just seem really cold or indifferent their dogs. I think it’s odd that they sent a puppy away to be trained, but whatever. Hopefully they won’t do it again and continue to give the dog affection. It seems to like Joel a lot.

I feel like it was smart for Bonnie to get a small non shedding dog. I don’t believe in the whole designer dog thing but I do love non shedding dogs. One of my dogs is a little shih tzu and she is such a good dog. They can be terrific family dogs if the owner makes sure the kids are not rough, same with most small dogs really. I used to be a big dog person and now I look for small to medium sized dogs with very little shedding. For me and my family this is perfect I don’t have time to vaccuum hair every day. I feel like Bonnie is the smartest of her siblings for going against what her family always did and getting a small dog instead of a lab. I love labs but they are a ton of work in the first few years. My chocolate lab was naughty up until she died at the age of 16.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
I feel like it was smart for Bonnie to get a small non shedding dog. I don’t believe in the whole designer dog thing but I do love non shedding dogs. One of my dogs is a little shih tzu and she is such a good dog. They can be terrific family dogs if the owner makes sure the kids are not rough, same with most small dogs really. I used to be a big dog person and now I look for small to medium sized dogs with very little shedding. For me and my family this is perfect I don’t have time to vaccuum hair every day. I feel like Bonnie is the smartest of her siblings for going against what her family always did and getting a small dog instead of a lab. I love labs but they are a ton of work in the first few years. My chocolate lab was naughty up until she died at the age of 16.

From my experience, the naughty dogs leave you with so many more memories once they are gone Image

But yeah, Bonnie put more thought into what would work for them than just “what would Jennifer do.”

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I know I’m mean BUT I was hoping that their lawn was really ruined.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

shortstop wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:15 am I know I’m mean BUT I was hoping that their lawn was really ruined.
;) The yard with sand doesn't look that good.
I always thought they had a very nice yard so I didn't think you could improve it. I’m unfamiliar with this technique with leveling your yard with sand but Connor Ward has a lawn many golf courses would envy. It is probably too late now, but Joel could have started a channel with some projects. Joel saying he bit off too much with this project having so much to do seems disingenuous and he has plenty of time to take his yard to the next level.
I see Bonnie took the dog out to the bathroom. In the winter this will not be fun.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Liz_444 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 pm That poor, poor, puppy! Did they really give her two baths in a row?? That's going to dry the shit out of her coat. Dogs rarely need baths and usually only when they roll into something that stinks to high heaven. That hair cut was horrible! How did she find this "groomer"? Yikes!

Bonnie would be better off purchasing a stuffed dog than a real one. She want s very clean puppy that smells good. Well, dogs smell like dogs. They don't want to smell like a can of cheap perfume.

Why did both Bonnie and Joel take the dog to get groomed? Why didn't they take one or two of the kids??? They both need to get real jobs.
I was thinking the same thing!! I know when my dog needs a bath bc she starts getting itchy and scratches a lot. She gets a bath about once a month (less frequently in the winter bc it dries her skin out too much.) unless she jumps in the lake or rolls in something nasty.
My dog has her own smell, but she doesn't smell like a dog if that makes any sense. LOL! I think she smells nice, but she's also my dog who gets cuddles and love like a baby. The only time she actually smells "doggy" is if shes been outside running around and has gotten hot (i say sweaty, but i know dogs dont sweat) or is wet from the dewy grass. Once she cools off or dries off she doesn't smell like that anymore!!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

YTIG60 wrote: ;) The yard with sand doesn't look that good.
I always thought they had a very nice yard so I didn't think you could improve it. I’m unfamiliar with this technique with leveling your yard with sand but Connor Ward has a lawn many golf courses would envy. It is probably too late now, but Joel could have started a channel with some projects. Joel saying he bit off too much with this project having so much to do seems disingenuous and he has plenty of time to take his yard to the next level.
I see Bonnie took the dog out to the bathroom. In the winter this will not be fun.
Putting money into the yard when it’s already nice isn’t going to do anything for resale or to get them a higher rent. I wonder if it’s an indication that they won’t be building for a very long time? Maybe they’re trying to enjoy the life they’ve already built and can afford? Learn from the mistakes of others...

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 am
Putting money into the yard when it’s already nice isn’t going to do anything for resale or to get them a higher rent. I wonder if it’s an indication that they won’t be building for a very long time? Maybe they’re trying to enjoy the life they’ve already built and can afford? Learn from the mistakes of others...

I see on Social Blade they were in the red yesterday or adjusted downward with over four hundred thousand views and now back in the 6 million range with the last thirty day average. Perhaps Joel is experimenting with different ideas for their vlogs trying to recapture their viewers that have left?
I think they could build a nice home in or around their present location. Country living, to me, isn't what I think they will like with the amount of driving, lack of conveniences and the problem with not having excellent Internet service that is essential for their business. Drilling a well and septic system will be in the tens of thousands too. They bought the land last fall and I doubt they saw their subscribers and views going down to this level. Comments being disabled have had a significant impact and unfortunate for them, it isn't easy to turn things around. However, I still think they do well with brand deals. It will be interesting to see if Bonnie stays with her agent since she was always pretty good at developing her own brand deals and I would say Joel is her new assistant to avoid mistakes of others. These are all just my opinion based on living in the country and watching other channels who have seen their channel change.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

That lawn didn't need to be re-done. I think they are just finding things to vlog. You can only exploit the puppy for so long. I wonder when their next vacation will be. You know they want to be in Florida with her sidekicks.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

ba1006 wrote:That lawn didn't need to be re-done. I think they are just finding things to vlog. You can only exploit the puppy for so long. I wonder when their next vacation will be. You know they want to be in Florida with her sidekicks.
Yeah, the lawn was fine and I already thought was over the top
Maintained. He has the time fine but I feel like that much yard work is not necessary for the average family home where the parents work full time. Keeping the grass cut and gardens weeded is tough as it is and putting all this work in with machinery makes them less relatable IMO. I’d rather see the time being used to spend time together as a family rather than trying to be the envy of the neighbours.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I actually think it’s great Joel’s working on the yard. Does it need it? Maybe not. But at least he’s out doing something, I won’t fault him for getting off his butt and getting outside.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am I actually think it’s great Joel’s working on the yard. Does it need it? Maybe not. But at least he’s out doing something, I won’t fault him for getting off his butt and getting outside.
I think he also realizes if he doesn't get off his butt, he may be back working at P&G. They have to try to stop the fall in views and subs. My impression, Bollie will not be sustainable income for two families.
He did well with his hair transplant vlogs so perhaps he'll get some viewers interested in his lawn.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

It's been an interesting morning. Watching Ruby's vlog was so heartbreaking then watching Bonnie cry over her 'stresses' in life. Bonnie really needs to get a grip. She has so much to be grateful for and all she does is bitch and moan. Of course Joel has to console her with expensive gifts. I'm getting the feeling Bollie is not doing so well - surprise surprise. Could this be the beginning of the end of the Griffiths windfall? hmm
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

YTIG60 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am I actually think it’s great Joel’s working on the yard. Does it need it? Maybe not. But at least he’s out doing something, I won’t fault him for getting off his butt and getting outside.
I think he also realizes if he doesn't get off his butt, he may be back working at P&G. They have to try to stop the fall in views and subs. My impression, Bollie will not be sustainable income for two families.
He did well with his hair transplant vlogs so perhaps he'll get some viewers interested in his lawn.
Maybe for making vlog content but does this audience really want to see him sand his yard to make an already flat yard flat? Getting his butt outside and doing excessive yard work seems like "playing" to me while people fault people for Bonnie working out while she had kids with her, this could be something he could do, parent while she works out since he's home. I don't fault him for doing yard work that needs to be done, not to mention I'm sure that the kids can't play in the yard while it's in this state doing it's thing.

I think the hair transplant vlogs did well because they hit a different market of people researching it but I'm sure that they didn't keep their daily viewers interested nor bring on masses amounts of new subscriptions.

Bonnie's pity party is ridiculous, and her saying that money problems are the same whether you have a lot of money or not, are the same. Um no Bonnie, it's not the same, you're not deciding whether you can feed your kids or pay for the heating costs of your home. There is a large difference and it's likely more about overspending and not living within an appropriate budget.

Also, crying because they hired someone for Bollie that didn't work out the way they planned and to have to spend that money again isn't anything to cry about since they obviously didn't take the time to make the right choice nor want to actually do the work that a start up takes so yeah you're going to have to spend money if you don't want to actually run your business and make the right choices of how you're going to spend that money. There isn't a magic here's my money run my business button. Stop crying and just get the work done. They also don't realize that people actually put in 40 hours + a week of work for a fulltime job, and start up business owners are likely working 80 hour weeks. To cry that they work hard are so busy when Bonnie sleeps in and has the kids fed and in bed by 6:30 pm and refuses to work after that, is laughable.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Bonnie and Ellie cannot cope with anything stressful. I think they both are so used to their husbands doing everything for them that it doesn't take much for them to fall apart. These two should not be in business together or even have a business at all. Their channels are failing so their business will ultimately fail as well. They should have seen this coming - we all did. Bonnie's pity party was pathetic Her complaining to her hired help (Bri) was laughable. On a side note, can someone tell Joel to stop with the stupid faces he makes? I can't stand looking at him. Sorry for the rant - guessed I'm stressed too. LOL
xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xx+YTfan+xx »

gopedjane wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:38 am
YTIG60 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am I think he also realizes if he doesn't get off his butt, he may be back working at P&G. They have to try to stop the fall in views and subs. My impression, Bollie will not be sustainable income for two families.
Maybe for making vlog content but does this audience really want to see him sand his yard to make an already flat yard flat? Getting his butt outside and doing excessive yard work seems like "playing" to me while people fault people for Bonnie working out while she had kids with her, this could be something he could do, parent while she works out since he's home. I don't fault him for doing yard work that needs to be done, not to mention I'm sure that the kids can't play in the yard while it's in this state doing it's thing.

I think the hair transplant vlogs did well because they hit a different market of people researching it but I'm sure that they didn't keep their daily viewers interested nor bring on masses amounts of new subscriptions.

Bonnie's pity party is ridiculous, and her saying that money problems are the same whether you have a lot of money or not, are the same. Um no Bonnie, it's not the same, you're not deciding whether you can feed your kids or pay for the heating costs of your home. There is a large difference and it's likely more about overspending and not living within an appropriate budget.

Also, crying because they hired someone for Bollie that didn't work out the way they planned and to have to spend that money again isn't anything to cry about since they obviously didn't take the time to make the right choice nor want to actually do the work that a start up takes so yeah you're going to have to spend money if you don't want to actually run your business and make the right choices of how you're going to spend that money. There isn't a magic here's my money run my business button. Stop crying and just get the work done. They also don't realize that people actually put in 40 hours + a week of work for a fulltime job, and start up business owners are likely working 80 hour weeks. To cry that they work hard are so busy when Bonnie sleeps in and has the kids fed and in bed by 6:30 pm and refuses to work after that, is laughable.

Bonnie has money and still decides not to feed her kids lol
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

It pisses me off when her and other people say money doesn't solve problems. Utter BS, the only reason she thinks this is because she isn't a millionaire and can't look like a completely different person. Money does really help situations no matter how much you want to deny it. She complains about views and not reaching a lot of people. She has a million subs and 100K most videos. What about the people that actually put in effort but get clouded by other people?? She's so full of herself.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Okay54321 wrote:It pisses me off when her and other people say money doesn't solve problems. Utter BS, the only reason she thinks this is because she isn't a millionaire and can't look like a completely different person. Money does really help situations no matter how much you want to deny it. She complains about views and not reaching a lot of people. She has a million subs and 100K most videos. What about the people that actually put in effort but get clouded by other people?? She's so full of herself.
My husband has a tendency to think “I’ll be happy when...”. He reaches a financial goal, and then just moves the target farther. He isn’t actually happier when. We were just as happy when we had $60k in student loans and we purchased our home, than we are now that we have investments, retirement savings and education savings for our kids and a house that’s nearly paid off. We have more money to burn than we used to, but we aren’t any happier. Money doesn’t solve problems that money can’t fix. It can’t make you happy if you aren’t happy. It won’t make you a better parent if you don’t know how to parent. It won’t improve your marriage other than ease financial pressures that could be weighing on it. I was raised by a single parent on maybe 35k a year. If anything broke, or an unexpected expense arose, it took months to recover. We have enough money that we just pay for it and move on. Money eliminates the struggle and sacrifice in a big way.

That said, Bonnie and Ellie’s channels have taken a huge hit in the last few months. I wouldn’t say they don’t have money problems. I think they are desperately clinging to a lifestyle that is quickly becoming a stretch for them financially. They just will never admit it.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

This is probably what they were talking about in the vlog a month or so ago about needing to make a decision on putting more money into Bollie. I will say that Bonnie and Joel was more truthful on Bollie than Ellie and Jared. I guarantee we won't get a vlog like this from those two. They act like Bollie is doing great and they are great business people.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I think Bollie is on it's last leg. Bonnie and Ellie thought they would be as successful as Aspyn's store. She recently moved into a bigger warehouse, I'm sure this has Ellie and Bonnie green with envy. I hope Bonnie and Joel invested in the kids college funds and have a good size retirement account. If it's about stress, they need to unload that property, i think its nothing more than a money pit. They could buy a bigger house at a teasonable price. Beau showed the big house they bought, he's doing some renovations, but once finished it will be big and beautiful! Joel could do the same thing, they could have a beautiful home at the fraction of the cost of building on that land. Plus if they keep their current home they could have rental income coming in. But they have to live high on the hog and out do everyone else.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”