Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:07 am
That said, Bonnie and Ellie’s channels have taken a huge hit in the last few months. I wouldn’t say they don’t have money problems. I think they are desperately clinging to a lifestyle that is quickly becoming a stretch for them financially. They just will never admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the tears are that simple as seeing the past few months her channel isn't what it use to be and may never recover to the level of their formal success. I also see the next message talks about how much more do they invest in Bollie with E&J as another concern of Bonnie's. If things are not going well at this point and with all the external factors that will make this business difficult, it might be good to get out now. I was surprised when Joel said Bollie is not going to fail. Bonnie looks worried when she talks about the Bollie business.
Bonnie saying Lady is going to the bathroom on everything is the first crack I've seen showing how she might not like having a dog.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Todays drama wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 am I think Bollie is on it's last leg. Bonnie and Ellie thought they would be as successful as Aspyn's store. She recently moved into a bigger warehouse, I'm sure this has Ellie and Bonnie green with envy. I hope Bonnie and Joel invested in the kids college funds and have a good size retirement account. If it's about stress, they need to unload that property, i think its nothing more than a money pit. They could buy a bigger house at a teasonable price. Beau showed the big house they bought, he's doing some renovations, but once finished it will be big and beautiful! Joel could do the same thing, they could have a beautiful home at the fraction of the cost of building on that land. Plus if they keep their current home they could have rental income coming in. But they have to live high on the hog and out do everyone else.
I would do all that you suggested if I was Bonnie and Joel. Beau's home will be beautiful when completed and the neighborhood, what little you see, looked very nice. This is Joel's talent and he could easily turn an older home into looking brand new as seen in past vlogs. Viewers liked watching this process too. They have an opportunity to still live a good life financially, but it is dependent on choices they make today.
amay17
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amay17 »

Did Bonnie get lip injections? In the most recent video, her top lip looks a lot bigger to me.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Beau has a nice house (when the work is finished) a new job and doesn’t rely on YT for his living.

Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

I think the tears are because she has no money to build her mansion and probably her agent told her very few affiliates are interested anymore!
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Ok so she’s crying (again) about her life and blah blah blah BUT... I will admit, sheepishly, seeing Celine Dion has been a huge dream of mine forever. My husband just surprised me with tickets for my birthday and I absolutely sobbed like Bonnie LOL. I just never thought it would happen for me before Celine retired and when she announced she was ending her show at Cesar’s, I thought I had forever missed my chance. We go in the fall, though! Very excited. 😂
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

queenc13 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm Ok so she’s crying (again) about her life and blah blah blah BUT... I will admit, sheepishly, seeing Celine Dion has been a huge dream of mine forever. My husband just surprised me with tickets for my birthday and I absolutely sobbed like Bonnie LOL. I just never thought it would happen for me before Celine retired and when she announced she was ending her show at Cesar’s, I thought I had forever missed my chance. We go in the fall, though! Very excited. 😂
Her crying reminds me of Ruby's crying. It makes no sense, it's cringing and uncomfortable to watch. They cry over the most ridiculous things so it's impossible to feel any sympathy for them knowing that they feel nothing and show no emotion when they bully and embarrass their children.
I think besides the viewers sinking that she might have fallen out with someone close and is praising Joel now(who she doesn't always appreciate).
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:05 pm Beau has a nice house (when the work is finished) a new job and doesn’t rely on YT for his living.

Beau furthered his education with a master's degree that has benefited his career and this is in contrast to Landon who is dependent on Julie's channel due to he appears to have failed to utilize his present (multiple) degrees. Jared and Joel's future is also dependent on YT, it isn't a stable career/business and their former professions would require their families to change their spending habits which could lead to Ellie and Bonnie crying.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I watched the latest vlog twice (I know, crazy) and I still don't understand it. I don't get why she was crying, I don't get how Celine Dion really relates to any of it, and I am certainly not any more compelled to care even after trying to make sense of it all. People are allowed to cry over stuff, even if others may find it frivolous or ridiculous, but this was something just so disjointed and unrelatable I couldn't even feel any sympathy- except maybe for the kids whose future will be marred by having 'family videos' like this preserved for all posterity.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

natalka81 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 am I watched the latest vlog twice (I know, crazy) and I still don't understand it. I don't get why she was crying, I don't get how Celine Dion really relates to any of it, and I am certainly not any more compelled to care even after trying to make sense of it all. People are allowed to cry over stuff, even if others may find it frivolous or ridiculous, but this was something just so disjointed and unrelatable I couldn't even feel any sympathy- except maybe for the kids whose future will be marred by having 'family videos' like this preserved for all posterity.
Joel was able to produce a thumbnail that does attract viewers and results in vlog views to be higher. Their YT channel is a business.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

As stressed as Bonnie may be about money, she should at least be in a far better financial position than E&J are. All things compared, they have fairly even income since their channels have had comparable success and the the side projects/ expenses were assumedly split evenly.

Sure E&J had success earlier, but for the last year Bonnie’s channel has been doing better than their has, and her lifestyle is far less “upgraded.” I understand her not wanting to give up the excess spending and having to go back to budgeting more again, but that’s reality. They knew the risks were the for YT to end one day, and they are the ones that chose for Joel to play assistant instead of starting up his own business. Thankfully they can still learn from the mistakes others have made, and can sell the property off (because it sounds like Ellie is going to want to sell her half and I doubt they have the money to just pay for it) and buy a car wash or laundromat to run. They have plenty of options, but just don’t want to lose the easy money they’ve had and return to “work.”

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

natalka81 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 am I watched the latest vlog twice (I know, crazy) and I still don't understand it. I don't get why she was crying, I don't get how Celine Dion really relates to any of it, and I am certainly not any more compelled to care even after trying to make sense of it all. People are allowed to cry over stuff, even if others may find it frivolous or ridiculous, but this was something just so disjointed and unrelatable I couldn't even feel any sympathy- except maybe for the kids whose future will be marred by having 'family videos' like this preserved for all posterity.
I'll try to recap this madness. She was stressing over Bollie and how it's not turning out the way they thought it would. I'm guessing their employees are slacking and inventory isn't selling. She was also stressing over the fact that their puppy is peeing all over the house. She also went on an eating binge. Joel bought them tickets to a Celine concert for their anniversary as a surprise but decided to tell her probably to cheer her up. Apparently she took out her anger on Joel and felt bad afterwards. These are everyday stresses for most people (without help of a nanny and assistant) but apparently Queen Bonnie can't handle the pressure so she has to have a crying fit and probably will call Uber Eats for dinner.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Thank you! I really had a hard time deciphering all that from the video.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They have no one but themselves to blame for Bollie not succeeding. They saw dollar signs and marked items up way beyond their value and then were vague about where their products were made and deleted and blocked people who weren't kissing their asses. Which was incredibly unprofessional. They treated their professional page like a personal page. And had lousy customer service-- the whole "no returns-- exchanges only" policy really irritated people.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I have zero sympathy. They acted like they had an unlimited source of customers and could act like jerks to their customers. Nobody ever told them that the customer is always right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

amay17 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:37 pm Did Bonnie get lip injections? In the most recent video, her top lip looks a lot bigger to me.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
It might have been swollen from crying. Mine do that too. Or she could be binging on sodium-rich foods again. She seems to have a problem with swelling in general. I hope she’s not going to ruin her face with fillers and injections.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:13 pm As stressed as Bonnie may be about money, she should at least be in a far better financial position than E&J are. All things compared, they have fairly even income since their channels have had comparable success and the the side projects/ expenses were assumedly split evenly.

Sure E&J had success earlier, but for the last year Bonnie’s channel has been doing better than their has, and her lifestyle is far less “upgraded.” I understand her not wanting to give up the excess spending and having to go back to budgeting more again, but that’s reality. They knew the risks were the for YT to end one day, and they are the ones that chose for Joel to play assistant instead of starting up his own business. Thankfully they can still learn from the mistakes others have made, and can sell the property off (because it sounds like Ellie is going to want to sell her half and I doubt they have the money to just pay for it) and buy a car wash or laundromat to run. They have plenty of options, but just don’t want to lose the easy money they’ve had and return to “work.”

Although Bonnie now has the same amount of views as Ellie had years ago, I think that early YTbers were making more money per views than the current ones. Now the supply of ads is overcrowded (the vloggers) while the demand (the companies looking to display their ads) are presented with a lot of opportunities where to display their ads, within YT and other places.

I think what matters the most is the engagement people have with the displayed ads and I think other apps/websites are doing a better job.

Also, on the 8Passengers thread someone posted a screenshot of one of Ruby's insta stories where she asked people on their opinion for a logo.
That logo looked like a children clothing company. And it makes more sense, seeing as their audience for all the channels tends to skew children. The children might not be the ones having access to cash but they can sure annoy their parents enough to buy it for them... less than 7 months until Christmas. And she is not lacking models with Chad and Shari having more followers on insta than Bonnie, and they aren't even trying that hard!
Is this some sorts of rivalry in the Griffiths family, is Ruby trying to "one-up" her sisters?
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Todays drama wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 am I think Bollie is on it's last leg. Bonnie and Ellie thought they would be as successful as Aspyn's store. She recently moved into a bigger warehouse, I'm sure this has Ellie and Bonnie green with envy. I hope Bonnie and Joel invested in the kids college funds and have a good size retirement account. If it's about stress, they need to unload that property, i think its nothing more than a money pit. They could buy a bigger house at a teasonable price. Beau showed the big house they bought, he's doing some renovations, but once finished it will be big and beautiful! Joel could do the same thing, they could have a beautiful home at the fraction of the cost of building on that land. Plus if they keep their current home they could have rental income coming in. But they have to live high on the hog and out do everyone else.
I highly doubt that if they aren't even feeding them with proper meals...
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Namm wrote:
I highly doubt that if they aren't even feeding them with proper meals...
I would bet if they have any savings it’s for the Boys’ missions. Not sure if they have anything for Olivia, unless it’s a wedding fund. We know the Griffiths girls have never seem to be encouraged to go to college, except to get their MRS degree.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If B&J’s house isn’t fully paid off I’d be surprised.

No way they are in a worse financial position than E&J are. Bonnie wasn’t so far behind E&J that she missed the big YT years. They started out with more, and upgraded far less. Not saying they haven’t wasted a ton of money themselves, but E&J are $100k deeper in debt just factoring in vehicles alone (Tesla, RV, SUV vs new truck, used SUV) and also had the house/rock quarry, months of landscaping and interior design, all new furniture, more vacations, more technology, etc.

B&J could simplify and their life would still appear more or less the same. E&J may actually need to move in order to simplify if things get bad enough. Jared thinks they are just looking into places to move because it’s fun, but that’s exactly how they ended up with the sloped property they now have. They were just “looking.”

If B&J build now and don’t buckle down and start saving more, I’ll be shocked. I’m down to watch the struggle if they try though!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

The only other thing I would factor in to comparing the sisters financial situation now is the debt Bonnie and Joel may have had prior to starting YouTube. They had a newer truck, a partially renovated home and Bonnie always had herself and the kids dressed in pricier clothes. On Joel’s income it would be totally reasonable that they had some debt to pay off the Ellie and Jared didn’t have once they started making money.

A few years ago I would have agreed that Bonnie and Joel were better off financially then Ellie and Jared but I think recently their spending has caught up. Joel has bigger ticket toys, he’s upgraded his trailer, two trucks, a full home Reno, their share or the property and Bollie, a month in Hawaii, lipo, hair transplants, and tons of clothing/nails/hair/eating out. I’d bet the two are pretty similar in financials.

Either way I think both are over spending considering their YouTube careers seem to be slowing down.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”