Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sheltiefan wrote:
Ellie and Jared did the same thing in the podcast of theirs after the comments were turned off by YT. Their lack of viewers looks worse than Bonnie because they have more subscribers. Plus many times lately Bonnie has had more views. The clickbait title on Friday's vlog about moving worked somewhat because it had over 140,000 views which for them is a high number.

Now on Olivia's vlog-wasn't there controversy with that and it was one that was renamed? I wasn't watching at the time but I thought I read about it here and I think I went back and watched it.
Around the time that Bonnie made the blog crying about views, she had a 400k view video deleted according to SB. Either she took it down for some reason, or YT did.

Neither Ellie or Bonnie are broke yet by any means, but they do need to stop spending so much and start saving. The fun is definitely over. They also need to come up with a job outside of YT, and I think Bollie was supposed to be that, but it’s proving to be a financial risk. It’s hard to take financial risks when you’re already struggling to maintain the life you have. Most new businesses don’t make money for the first year or two because that money goes back into the business and start up/growth costs. I wonder if they didn’t feel pressure before because they were pulling money from their own bank accounts to subsidize it? That, or she finally realizes there is no success with Bollie without the gullible viewers. It isn’t too late for her to make changes. They would actually be in a far better position if they sold off the property (because even if Ellie doesn’t want out today, she will when she finds something better), made one final line of Bollie, and then closed and sold all that off. Take the money invested in the property and buy one of those automated 24/7 car washes. Joel could work a few hours a day to maintain it, and Bonnie could go back to editing. People would start watching again, and although I don’t think she’s ever going to hit 2 million, she could at least keep the audience she has. No more alienating them by shoving a product they can’t afford down their throats. They could still do YT, but also be prepared for the future.

Like someone else said, Bonnie’s channel is still getting ok views, but the amount E&J have fallen can’t have escaped her. To lose an audience of 1.5 million subs without a scandal or anything has got to sting. Sure Ellie is still out there shopping up a storm (buying more trees today), but I think they are at a breaking point. If they haven’t made noticeable changes three months from now to adjust to a much smaller income (because they have been earning less than Bonnie for a few months now), I’ll be shocked.

I mean, I know they say they follow Dave Ramsey, but Jared’s dad supposedly did too, and we know how that ended. Plus they clearly don’t follow him anymore, the new vehicle purchases and constant ordering food prove they do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:05 am
Neither Ellie or Bonnie are broke yet by any means, but they do need to stop spending so much and start saving. The fun is definitely over. They also need to come up with a job outside of YT, and I think Bollie was supposed to be that, but it’s proving to be a financial risk. It’s hard to take financial risks when you’re already struggling to maintain the life you have. Most new businesses don’t make money for the first year or two because that money goes back into the business and start up/growth costs. I wonder if they didn’t feel pressure before because they were pulling money from their own bank accounts to subsidize it? That, or she finally realizes there is no success with Bollie without the gullible viewers. It isn’t too late for her to make changes. They would actually be in a far better position if they sold off the property (because even if Ellie doesn’t want out today, she will when she finds something better), made one final line of Bollie, and then closed and sold all that off. Take the money invested in the property and buy one of those automated 24/7 car washes. Joel could work a few hours a day to maintain it, and Bonnie could go back to editing. People would start watching again, and although I don’t think she’s ever going to hit 2 million, she could at least keep the audience she has. No more alienating them by shoving a product they can’t afford down their throats. They could still do YT, but also be prepared for the future.

Very sound advice and I bet they do just the opposite. Joel is part of the equation and for some reason he seems disinterested in starting an outside YT business, but I think this is a far better idea than to continue with Bollie. This would require more work for Bonnie with YT and Joel finding his own job, but maybe not as much work if they let go of Bollie? You can see the end of a good sister-family relationship with a failed business too.
My guess is Bri is gone and I don't think they'll hire another assistant at this time that could be making Bonnie unhappy too. I will add the land purchase maybe hard to sell quickly since it was on the market for a while (referring to a vlog) and the price drop drastically from the previous year (double the price). Someone mentioned there was water (shortage/nitrates) problems in this area they purchased land, this is a red flag for buyers and it should have been for them too.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I agree YTIG60, that land will likely be a hard resell unless they develop it some. Which financially I don't believe they have the means to do. If they had the money there is NO way the Bonster wouldn't be breaking ground on her own ice palace, failing business be damned. I also think it was a mistake to buy land with Ellie. She's too fickle, what happens if Ellie wants to sell so she can buy in Florida (or wherever her favorite of the moment is)? Has the lot been subdivided yet? Can Ellie put it up for sale and Bonnie just has to live with whoever purchases it?

Im with HS, I would love to see them get off this path and go back to their roots, and I also believe it would help with their youtube channel. Ive said before that Bonnie and their life isn't relatable. I would much, much rather watch Joel start up a business that he actually has some knowledge in and Bonnie go back to her down to earth self she was a few years ago.

If they had started Bollie a handful of years ago, when youtube and family vloggers were at their peak they could have likely made a decent income from what is essentially an over priced merch store, but nobody wants over priced merch from some family vloggers who are on the downslide. And they just don't have the knowledge/personalities to make it as real fashion designers.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

If it isn’t easy to sell the property, then the last thing Bonnie should do is buy Ellie out. They are under no obligation to do so. Business doesn’t work like that. You can’t just decide you want your money back and leave your partner hanging. Ellie does tend to get what Ellie wants though, and I bet Jennifer would tell Bonnie to “play nice” and give Ellie her money, before she would ever tell Ellie she is wrong.

I doubt it’s subdivided yet because I know at least here in Canada it takes time and money to do so. If it is though, then Bonnie can keep her half and she just has to eat up her share of the subdivision costs. These could be tens of thousands though, and not exactly an expense she thought she’d have to do anytime soon. But yep, then she has half the property and a neighbour that isn’t Ellie.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 am If it isn’t easy to sell the property, then the last thing Bonnie should do is buy Ellie out. They are under no obligation to do so. Business doesn’t work like that. You can’t just decide you want your money back and leave your partner hanging. Ellie does tend to get what Ellie wants though, and I bet Jennifer would tell Bonnie to “play nice” and give Ellie her money, before she would ever tell Ellie she is wrong.

I doubt it’s subdivided yet because I know at least here in Canada it takes time and money to do so. If it is though, then Bonnie can keep her half and she just has to eat up her share of the subdivision costs. These could be tens of thousands though, and not exactly an expense she thought she’d have to do anytime soon. But yep, then she has half the property and a neighbour that isn’t Ellie.

I for sure wouldn't buy Ellie out, but I wouldn't have bought a lot with family either haha. The subdividing could be done by now, they've owned the lot for 6+ months haven't they?
I wonder if Jared & Ellie even ponied up any cash or if theyre paying monthly to Bonnie and Joel and they put up the cash for the down payment and any closing fees?

1000000% that is what Jennifer would say.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

I guess, in a way, they’re just the same two aimless, truant high school students that skipped school and hung out all day in a booth in a Mexican restaurant. Except they now have four kids and double chins. Pretty sad.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

All they had to do was buy a bigger house and Joel could have remodeled it. This would have brought in views and Bonnie would have had her dream bathroom. Instead they buy a ridiculously huge lot that will cost a fortune to build on and probably will ruin her close relationship with her sister and brother-in-law. This is what happens when you make quick decisions without thinking things through. I guess they thought their YouTube channels would be successful forever.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ba1006 wrote:All they had to do was buy a bigger house and Joel could have remodeled it. This would have brought in views and Bonnie would have had her dream bathroom. Instead they buy a ridiculously huge lot that will cost a fortune to build on and probably will ruin her close relationship with her sister and brother-in-law. This is what happens when you make quick decisions without thinking things through. I guess they thought their YouTube channels would be successful forever.
I think they really did believe that YouTube would never "let them down" despite all the signs. They had a warning when Bonnie got demonetized. They should have realized then how precarious their income was. But when they got monetized again, instead of saving, they started spending _more_. Eating out more, buying property, getting outrageous nails, toys for the property, etc. If that had happened to me, I would have taken it as a clue that I should cut back on my spending.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 pm
ba1006 wrote:All they had to do was buy a bigger house and Joel could have remodeled it. This would have brought in views and Bonnie would have had her dream bathroom. Instead they buy a ridiculously huge lot that will cost a fortune to build on and probably will ruin her close relationship with her sister and brother-in-law. This is what happens when you make quick decisions without thinking things through. I guess they thought their YouTube channels would be successful forever.
I think they really did believe that YouTube would never "let them down" despite all the signs. They had a warning when Bonnie got demonetized. They should have realized then how precarious their income was. But when they got monetized again, instead of saving, they started spending _more_. Eating out more, buying property, getting outrageous nails, toys for the property, etc. If that had happened to me, I would have taken it as a clue that I should cut back on my spending.

I've felt this was Joel's dream to live out in the country so he can drive his ATV everyday, grow grapes and they bought this property when Bonnie was according to Jared talking about Bonnie's negative reaction when seeing the property the night they purchased it - "you had lots of pain medication" and "could barely walk." (Ellie and Jared podcast - Why did we buy property) Joel also bought a truck during this time period too. It seems like Joel was able to made a few unilateral decisions last fall. Jared's goal was a pool and a larger hot tub with the new property.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 pm I think they really did believe that YouTube would never "let them down" despite all the signs. They had a warning when Bonnie got demonetized. They should have realized then how precarious their income was. But when they got monetized again, instead of saving, they started spending _more_. Eating out more, buying property, getting outrageous nails, toys for the property, etc. If that had happened to me, I would have taken it as a clue that I should cut back on my spending.

I've felt this was Joel's dream to live out in the country so he can drive his ATV everyday, grow grapes and they bought this property when Bonnie was according to Jared talking about Bonnie's negative reaction when seeing the property the night they purchased it - "you had lots of pain medication" and "could barely walk." (Ellie and Jared podcast - Why did we buy property) Joel also bought a truck during this time period too. It seems like Joel was able to made a few unilateral decisions last fall. Jared's goal was a pool and a larger hot tub with the new property.
Joel’s decisions were poorly timed and drove an already alienated audience farther away.

There was a time a few years ago when many of us agreed that the perfect scenario for B&J would be to move to the country (albeit to an existing home/property) and to fix it up and enjoy a little more privacy. That was before all the new vehicles, toys, plastic surgery, excessive trips for just B&J, hair plugs, etc. Going in on acres with E&J was a bad move. All the excessive spending was a bad move. Now they can’t afford to build what they want anyway, and have a lot of income tied up in a piece of land that needs a ton more money to be usable and that’s just sitting there.

A cabin on a lake would have been a far more sound investment had they paused for even a moment and put a bit of thought into what a sustainable plan would be.

Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

I haven’t been watching the vlogs, have they shown Joel at the property lately? Wasn’t he supposed to be drilling that well? I’m guessing they came into problems (which is why the other buyers that were interested backed out after doing their research).

I was curious so I went back to find the listing of the land. It took me a while because most of the listings have been deleted, it’s not until you have an actual address & manually search that way to get more information. I only noticed one website that actually showed it as being ‘sold 5 months ago’ for $480k but this information isn’t on any of the standard websites like realtor etc. I know that you can request for photos and details to be removed from the internet and I just find it funny that they would do this because they’re oh so famous!

Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

natalka81 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 am I watched the latest vlog twice (I know, crazy) and I still don't understand it. I don't get why she was crying, I don't get how Celine Dion really relates to any of it, and I am certainly not any more compelled to care even after trying to make sense of it all. People are allowed to cry over stuff, even if others may find it frivolous or ridiculous, but this was something just so disjointed and unrelatable I couldn't even feel any sympathy- except maybe for the kids whose future will be marred by having 'family videos' like this preserved for all posterity.
She only ever cries over money like when she was demonetised and not having a bathroom fit for a queen to promote soap. You don’t see her crying when Lincoln was taken to the ER gasping for breath.
But as you say people cry for different reasons for her it’s not losing the way of life she has become accustomed too!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Byebyelemons wrote: She only ever cries over money like when she was demonetised and not having a bathroom fit for a queen to promote soap. You don’t see her crying when Lincoln was taken to the ER gasping for breath.
But as you say people cry for different reasons for her it’s not losing the way of life she has become accustomed too!
She did at least cry when Boston had the neck tumour. She hasn’t always been emotional about just material and frivolous things.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Boston was a nice and appreciative six-year-old who had a good birthday.
If you receive something from a company, do YouTubers need to acknowledge it in a video? My point being there were some pricey birthday gifts with the go-cart well over three hundred and the Legos just over a hundred dollars as shown by the links they provided. Have they always spent this way for birthdays?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:47 am Boston was a nice and appreciative six-year-old who had a good birthday.
If you receive something from a company, do YouTubers need to acknowledge it in a video? My point being there were some pricey birthday gifts with the go-cart well over three hundred and the Legos just over a hundred dollars as shown by the links they provided. Have they always spent this way for birthdays?
Maybe if the link it, they get it for a discount or possibly free? I don't know how that works. I do know that every special occasion they get Leggo stuff.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Unless there's a contract a company can't force a vlogger to give them a shoutout. There's a difference between a brand deal and just sending free swag and hoping to get a promo in return. A lot of companies will just send free product to everyone on their PR list, and even if the vlogger shows it on camera it's their choice whether they want to mention that or not.

Youtubers like Jenna Marbles gets a shitton of free product but, Jenna rarely calls it out because she doesn't like promoting brands on her channel. I imagine family vloggers get a ton of clothes and toys just in their po box as freebies.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I guess just showing stuff on their channel could possibly get people to buy that product. Seems like a win-win situation for the recipient and the company. Just wish they would send me free stuff. Oh well.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The LEGO could be free, but it could also be a paid for gift. I have two boys, and LEGO is the most asked for and given birthday gift at birthday parties. The sets are expensive, but kids still get them. We even go in with other parents on them so we can get a bigger one for the birthday kid.

So whether LEGO sent the sets or not, I think it’s safe to say Boston would have asked for LEGO for his birthday. It’s safer than a pocket knife!

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by luci417 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:05 pm They have no one but themselves to blame for Bollie not succeeding. They saw dollar signs and marked items up way beyond their value and then were vague about where their products were made and deleted and blocked people who weren't kissing their asses. Which was incredibly unprofessional. They treated their professional page like a personal page. And had lousy customer service-- the whole "no returns-- exchanges only" policy really irritated people.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I have zero sympathy. They acted like they had an unlimited source of customers and could act like jerks to their customers. Nobody ever told them that the customer is always right.

This whole thing is insane to me. The store is lame 30 year old mom fashion and a large chunk of their audience is kids. It's not interesting or on trend enough to appeal to people outside of their followers. And the moms who would buy these clothes aren't gonna pay $80 per piece. There was no clear vision to start with.
Last edited by luci417 on Tue May 28, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

luci417 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:05 pm They have no one but themselves to blame for Bollie not succeeding. They saw dollar signs and marked items up way beyond their value and then were vague about where their products were made and deleted and blocked people who weren't kissing their asses. Which was incredibly unprofessional. They treated their professional page like a personal page. And had lousy customer service-- the whole "no returns-- exchanges only" policy really irritated people.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I have zero sympathy. They acted like they had an unlimited source of customers and could act like jerks to their customers. Nobody ever told them that the customer is always right.

This whole thing is insane to me. The store is lame 30 year old mom fashion and a large chunk of their audience is kids. It's not interesting or on trend enough to appeal to people outside of their followers. And the moms who would buy these clothes aren't gonna pay $80 per piece. There was no clear vision to start with.
And the whole "love your body just the way it is" and clothing for EVERYbody" line was BS. They didn't have clothes to fit everyone, and Bonnie didn't love her body. She only admitted to having lipo when she couldn't hide it. Lipo is fine, but don't preach loving any shape you're in when you're having surgery to look skinny.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”