Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by Vlog4money »

daniwilliams77 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am It’s honestly irritates me that Joel wasn’t ready to replace Boston’s shoes. But yet they can buy expensive cars. Vegas trips. His hair replacement. Oh but no we can’t replace Boston’s shoes over Velcro!! Cmon how cheap can they be when it comes to their kids. They are always wearing pjs way too small or with holes. Lincoln wears the same outfit for the entire week. Cody is wearing pants with shorts ??
They're probably waiting for someone to take pity on them and send shoes. Didn't Nike send the kids shoes?
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

I apologize for two in a row, but since it was a new topic, I didn't want to combine them.

What happened to Grandma Griff? I don't normally watch her videos, but it started playing after the video I was watching. She looks like she is made of plastic...and the eyebrows... :-o
Screenshot_2019-06-03 Whats In My Cookbook - YouTube.png
Screenshot_2019-06-03 Special Delivery YOU Take Care of It - YouTube.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Vlog4money wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm I apologize for two in a row, but since it was a new topic, I didn't want to combine them.

What happened to Grandma Griff? I don't normally watch her videos, but it started playing after the video I was watching. She looks like she is made of plastic...and the eyebrows... :-o
Screenshot_2019-06-03 Whats In My Cookbook - YouTube.pngScreenshot_2019-06-03 Special Delivery YOU Take Care of It - YouTube.png
Lots of Botox and lip injections. She looks sad.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sickandtired wrote:
Vlog4money wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm I apologize for two in a row, but since it was a new topic, I didn't want to combine them.

Screenshot_2019-06-03 Whats In My Cookbook - YouTube.pngScreenshot_2019-06-03 Special Delivery YOU Take Care of It - YouTube.png

She’s also desperate for attention on social media. A tiny bit of fame has gone straight to her already narcissistic and dim-witted head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Vlog4money wrote:I apologize for two in a row, but since it was a new topic, I didn't want to combine them.

Screenshot_2019-06-03 Whats In My Cookbook - YouTube.png
Screenshot_2019-06-03 Special Delivery YOU Take Care of It - YouTube.png
Whoa! She should advertise who did her Botox so people know who not to go to. I have some friends who get it and you wouldn’t know because they don’t overdo it. I just hate this look.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She's got Ellie with her in her profile picture.
The favoritism is so blatant. Lots of pictures of the grandkids, but pretty much only Ellie out of her children.
And Aunt Linda has got to be older than 22!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

I know someone who wanted to (and did) get rid of their yorkshire because it would bark too much. When I asked where they kept her, they just answered with a 'in her cage, outside'... IT'S A HOUSE DOG! IT WANTS ATTENTION. Maybe if you were to pet the damn dog and pay it some attention it wouldn't bark so much. And also dogs are not children, you can't educate them as you please to do everything on command.
I would not be surprised if they got rid of Lady because she doesn't do everything they want her to.
you can call me kath.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:54 am She's got Ellie with her in her profile picture.
The favoritism is so blatant. Lots of pictures of the grandkids, but pretty much only Ellie out of her children.
And Aunt Linda has got to be older than 22!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I've gotten this impression with Ellie too. It might be better to put Ruby's picture in her IG profile since she has more viewers and in time probably more IG followers that could help her channel. ;)
I watched the video talking about how the cookbook was created and I was surprised she actually gave credit to Bonnie for "spearheading" this project and added Jared's contribution too. Most of us could see Bonnie and Jared were doing a lot of the work. Ellie's contribution was coming up with the idea, but never implementing it.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

kathpt wrote:I know someone who wanted to (and did) get rid of their yorkshire because it would bark too much. When I asked where they kept her, they just answered with a 'in her cage, outside'... IT'S A HOUSE DOG! IT WANTS ATTENTION. Maybe if you were to pet the damn dog and pay it some attention it wouldn't bark so much. And also dogs are not children, you can't educate them as you please to do everything on command.
I would not be surprised if they got rid of Lady because she doesn't do everything they want her to.
That is so upsetting! I hate when people get rid of dogs for acting like dogs. I do worry that once her new-ness wears off, Bonnie won’t want her anymore. I really hope I’m wrong, that would be so sad for Lady and the kids.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Shorty02 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:02 am
kathpt wrote:I know someone who wanted to (and did) get rid of their yorkshire because it would bark too much. When I asked where they kept her, they just answered with a 'in her cage, outside'... IT'S A HOUSE DOG! IT WANTS ATTENTION. Maybe if you were to pet the damn dog and pay it some attention it wouldn't bark so much. And also dogs are not children, you can't educate them as you please to do everything on command.
That is so upsetting! I hate when people get rid of dogs for acting like dogs. I do worry that once her new-ness wears off, Bonnie won’t want her anymore. I really hope I’m wrong, that would be so sad for Lady and the kids.
I think Joel and the kids would protest Lady leaving their home so I doubt this would happen. Joel has the time so he could take over most of her care. I think this is the best you are going to see from Bonnie who isn't a dog lover and overall, she isn't doing that terrible. I have lower expectations with Bonnie since I care relate to her not being crazy about dogs.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

My dog has many issues. One of which was barking. I taught him to ring bells hooked to the door when he wants to go out. Has he totally stopped barking, no, but it has cut back the amount. Unless a stranger is in our home, my dog does not bark while in his kennel. We use his kennel as a safe place for him to hang. We rarely shut the door to it. When our puppies were small we limited them to just our kitchen so they. Hold be out, but if they had an accident it was easy to clean up. I hope she really cleans up after her puppy because they will smell old pee and pee there again.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

In the last few vlogs, Bonnie has been complaining about Lady. She mentioned Lady has been peeing all over the house and now she says her constant barking is stressing her out. I can't imagine what she'll do when Lady starts biting her furniture and shoes. Will she give Lady away? Wouldn't surprise me.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think Bonnie is laying the ground work for ditching Lady. Which doesn’t surprise me. It’ll be “guys we tried, we even got her trained but she just doesn’t stop barking and she’s peeing all over our newly renovated house, and we just can’t keep her”. Joel will go along with whatever Bonnie wants, he doesn’t stand up to her regarding the kids so her certainly won’t over a dog. The kids will pitch a fit but when has Bonnie cared about their feelings?

What does she expect of the poor dog? She’s barking because she’s bored/isn’t stimulated enough/ wants to be around her people. Dogs are pack animals, and from everything Bonnie and Joel have chosen to show us Lady is spending way too much time confined in a crate. If she’s barking non stop take her out, maybe she needs to potty, maybe she just needs to burn off some energy.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

There is news the YT algorithm recommendations of videos exploits children. Watching a commentator talk about this today, he recommended families to mark their uploaded videos as unlisted to prevent them being part of the recommended list, but where does this leave family channels who monetize their videos with children? It appears disabled comments is not enough.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18650 ... -algorithm
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/worl ... hiles.html
NYT: But YouTube has not put in place the one change that researchers say would prevent this from happening again: turning off its recommendation system on videos of children, though the platform can identify such videos automatically. The company said that because recommendations are the biggest traffic driver, removing them would hurt “creators” who rely on those clicks. It did say it would limit recommendations on videos that it deems as putting children at risk.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by jaynshann »

kathpt wrote:I'm not a teacher and also don't have any experience with children, but from what I can remember when I was a child, spelling was also corrected at home, especially people's names?
I mean, how else are you supposed to learn?
The way Boston spelled Joel's name... or his own... I remember iItook pride in knowing how to spell correctly and would often ask how certain names/words were spelled so I could memorize them.
I California most go in to Kinder having learned how to write their name in preschool. Is that not the norm? I was shocked he just finished kinder and can’t write his name!!!!! Not bragging Ca. by no means is leading the way in education in the US...but my kids had to write a few linking sentences to describe their pictures etc. by the end of kinder! Boston can’t spell his name??? Also, l distinctly remember worrying about my now 14yr old because she couldn’t spell and write her 50 sight words that were expected by Xmas break! Yikes, is there that much of a gap state to state in our educational system in this country!

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

I think Boston said in a vlog a long time ago that he preferred his name spelled Bostin.
If I'm remembering correctly.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Sickandtired wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:38 pm

At least she has a better haircut these days.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Kate wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:55 pm
jaynshann wrote: most go in to Kinder having learned how to write their name in preschool. Is that not the norm? I was shocked he just finished kinder and can’t write his name!!!!! Not bragging Ca. by no means is leading the way in education in the US...but my kids had to write a few linking sentences to describe their pictures etc. by the end of kinder! Boston can’t spell his name??? Also, l distinctly remember worrying about my now 14yr old because she couldn’t spell and write her 50 sight words that were expected by Xmas break! Yikes, is there that much of a gap state to state in our educational system in this country!

That's dependent on where you're from, what the requirements of local school districts are, and whether or not the school is private.

In UT kindergarten isn't a requirement. This means that a child can begin their public school education in first grade without pre-school or kindergarten knowledge. A lot of children in kindergarten likely never went to pre-school or - due to the lack of requirements - went to a pre-school that focused on interaction, play, and communication skills rather than curriculum.

In my state kindergarten is mandatory at age 6 and children are assessed. They need to meet certain requirements (such as being able to identify letters and colors, sounds, etc.) to attend public school here.

It's upsetting to me that B&J don't put an emphasis on learning in their home. I'd love to see more learning and storytime footage and less of Bonnie cleaning her shampoo bottles.
I think it really depends. My son is in JK full day and is 4 and can write his name out of order and is struggling with learning his letters but he knows all of the numbers. Which I didn't expect since he was talking early and having full on conversations before 4 with a high vocabulary. But he never would let me teach him letters. Although, I'm requesting that he is put with a different teacher next year because she is more focussed on teaching the kids that sit perfectly still than figuring out what works for the different personalities of 4 year olds. Maybe that will be the difference I care enough to make sure he is getting the right education but I do worry. With Boston being in Kindergarten only half days this year I wouldn't expect more. I do expect more from Olivia and Julie showed some of Emma's spelling on a sign on her door with incorrect spelling. It seems to be a theme.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sorry about the double post, but how do adults make the last day of school about them? So odd.

Also, the faces Bonnie is making when the puppy was barking during the closing of the vlog. That puppy has likely been locked up all day since they were out all day and they have locked her up for the night early. I don't think they are going to keep her.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

gopedjane wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:37 am Sorry about the double post, but how do adults make the last day of school about them? So odd.

Also, the faces Bonnie is making when the puppy was barking during the closing of the vlog. That puppy has likely been locked up all day since they were out all day and they have locked her up for the night early. I don't think they are going to keep her.
It is different to see Bonnie and Joel celebrate the last day of school with their memories and a date night while their kids are home with a sitter. Did Bri stay with the kids on date nights in the past and I see no assistant has been hired for Bonnie at this time?
I believe they have to keep Lady for the reasons I stated yesterday. I will add viewers will not accept giving away a pretty well behaved puppy. Bonnie should be careful with her scowl facial expressions when Lady barks since viewers accept or understand their dogs will occasionally bark and it might be better not to film her in the cage. I think Jared is careful in how he films Penny.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”