Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Again, I really enjoyed the vlog without Bonnie. She’s just so loud and obnoxious.
I’m curious if they’ve bought a camper, it seems kind of silly to make the safety rails for a camper that on loan for a brand deal, especially when you’re generally incredibly lax about safety anyways. Plus, wouldn’t it look kind of bad to have a brand deal but then say oh we had to weld our own safety rails so our kids didn’t get hurt?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YTIG60 wrote:With the piece Joel showed for the RV tanks, they are going on another camping trip and the item he made I believe Bonnie said was to prevent kids from falling out of bunk beds. My question or pure speculation on my part is they bought a new RV with bunk beds or is this a type of brand deal like Julie did recently with a Class B RV. I like their camping vlogs.
It is difficult to take Joel serious about safety when you watch them vlog over the years.
"know what this is you know what we're about to go do for the fun event that we're gonna do I have to make a few little things for it for safety purposes because I don't want no kids getting hurt on this trip"

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just bought an RV. Months ago I would have even said it was an ok purchase. Now I think they need to save.

It is smart to make the bunks safer though. My son rolled out of one when he was 9 and camping with his aunt. He didn’t get hurt, but he woke everyone from a deep sleep (including himself!) and scared everyone half to death! He even has a bunk at home, so it’s not like he isn’t familiar with one. They are just so small and open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:37 am I wouldn’t be surprised if they just bought an RV. Months ago I would have even said it was an ok purchase. Now I think they need to save.

It is smart to make the bunks safer though. My son rolled out of one when he was 9 and camping with his aunt. He didn’t get hurt, but he woke everyone from a deep sleep (including himself!) and scared everyone half to death! He even has a bunk at home, so it’s not like he isn’t familiar with one. They are just so small and open.

Camping is economical, you can purchase a RV at a decent price and it can be used for years. E&J's travel trailer cost is on the low side and too small for a family of six. Joel has a one-ton truck that can pull anything, but the safety aspect of four kids in this pickup is an issue. They can also pull a decent size RV with their Suburban. RV storage can be expensive, but they keep it out on their new property.
The Las Vegas overnight trip with the necklace was an extra, but a camper the family could enjoy for years doesn't seem to be a bad purchase depending on what they were to buy.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I would imagine a lot of the camping will be done on their land too so it really wouldn’t cost much after the initial purchase. If they park it out there and then spend most of their time camping there so they can play all day on toys and stuff then they could even take the suburban back and forth so they wouldn’t cram everyone in that truck.
We are avid campers so I wouldn’t fault them too much if that’s what they did. Camping is something they can enjoy once the YouTube money ends as well.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I would imagine a lot of the camping will be done on their land too so it really wouldn’t cost much after the initial purchase. If they park it out there and then spend most of their time camping there so they can play all day on toys and stuff then they could even take the suburban back and forth so they wouldn’t cram everyone in that truck.
We are avid campers so I wouldn’t fault them too much if that’s what they did. Camping is something they can enjoy once the YouTube money ends as well.
I would agree, except their numbers are tanking and they are basically looking at the equivalent of someone getting laid off. It is never wise to make a large purchase when your income is unstable. Bollie is way too tied to their channel, and their channel is far too tied to E&J’s. It’s going down, and there’s is right behind it. Sure $200k a year is still a good income for a family like theirs, BUT they need to save for retirement and emergencies and buying more toys at a time like this is a bad purchase when your house needs a new fence and you’re putting off doing it for money purposes.

It is possible that this is a money saving measure and they realize the bigger family vacations are going to become harder to do, so if this is the case and the purchase is instead of Hawaii, California, etc, then that’s not quite as impulsive imo.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

What a weird thing to say.
These Griffiths girls are Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 5e1638.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

131618 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:59 am What a weird thing to say.
These Griffiths girls are

Makes me think she’s been reading here. We talked yesterday about her not loving to be around her kids, or appreciating them and the next day she posts that. Haha, Hi Bonster.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

131618 wrote:What a weird thing to say.
These Griffiths girls are Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 5e1638.jpg[/IMG]

Is Olivia still posing to look thinner? That angle and having her arm in front is weird. Hopefully it's just a goofy pose. I worry about the messages she's internalizing with Bonnie and her plastic surgery and Aunt Ellie and her issues about food.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kathpt
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kathpt »

The way they keep Lady caged up breaks my heart. They seem to only take her out for 'training' or to play.

One of the things I miss the most is having a pup right at my feet following me everywhere.
you can call me kath.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Shouldn't she be stating what she loves doing for her children....you know....cooking healthy meals....instead of what the children DO FOR HER??
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Liz_444 wrote:Shouldn't she be stating what she loves doing for her children....you know....cooking healthy meals....instead of what the children DO FOR HER??
Nope. Being a mom in the Griffiths family is all about what your kids can do for you.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Sickandtired wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:49 am
HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 am
alym0326 wrote:While this is pure speculation... I believe Roman Atwood’s mother that passed away from falling off a bike and hitting her head while not wearing a helmet... I am disgusted to see Joel still refusing to put helmets on the kids. What is it going to take for them to take their safety seriously?

Maybe the church to tell them to do it?

But prob not.

Jennifer. They would probably only take it seriously if Grandma Griff told them to.

But remember, grandma Griff doesn’t care if her grandkids are safe, only if they are good.
Thinking back to how Jennifer was as a mother, back to living in the trailer park, I can tell you she doesn’t trade in goodness anymore than she ever traded in safety. It is frightful. How she transformed herself into an “adoring mother/grandmother”, I don’t know. I imagine it helps that her children have more money than she does and have allowed her to jump on board and vlog too. She has 77k subscribers so that makes for tidy little paychecks and is motivation enough to present well. But what did she do with Mommie Dearest?
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm
131618 wrote:What a weird thing to say.
These Griffiths girls are Image

Is Olivia still posing to look thinner? That angle and having her arm in front is weird. Hopefully it's just a goofy pose. I worry about the messages she's internalizing with Bonnie and her plastic surgery and Aunt Ellie and her issues about food.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Seems like a very innocent, little girl pose to me.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Personal: I'm sure no one noticed but I've been MIA for almost 2 weeks now because I had to have emergency surgery. Thanks for keeping the thread updated, I'm about to dive in and catch up since I have nothing better to do for the next few weeks! :D
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 am Personal: I'm sure no one noticed but I've been MIA for almost 2 weeks now because I had to have emergency surgery. Thanks for keeping the thread updated, I'm about to dive in and catch up since I have nothing better to do for the next few weeks! :D
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I wanted to throw in some of my thought on the Bollie "Brand".

1. Bollie is not a fashion brand but just a marketing exercise
It was widely posted on the Bollie thread how a lot of the designs are just poor copies of other clothes.
Bonnie and Ellie's only asset is that they have an "audience" that their marketing and customer acquisition costs are zero, through their vlogs.
So, this is just marketing, they could have marketed anything because it does not incur any cost to them.
They do not design, they outsource everything. They only pick the colours and choose photos from pinterest...

2. Huge Inventory
I really like the Shark Tank USA and they sometimes make good points.
One if them being that companies with huge inventories are difficult because you have to organize/store all that.
For example, their robes come in 8 sizes (ranging from Mini to XXXL) and in 5 colours!
How many XXXL in Gray will be sold and how many do they have to produce?
Even Bonnie mentioned in Ellie's vlog trip in NY that it takes so long (5 years!) for a company like this to know what it sells what the customers want. Do they have the capital to resist for 5 years?
Their premise (clothes for all body types is not novel), and how could one design be flattering for all body types? That's why their clothes are all fancy potato sacks.

3. Return policy
Wow, people actually post Bollie stuff on eBay because they cannot return them. I am sure they will reorder!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... d&_sacat=0
(2 items postes: a robe and the holiday dress).
On top of their expensive prices it costs 20USD to ship it in Europe.
Meanwhile, in the European Union is it a law to allow refunds, it might not apply to Bollie but why would anyone pay shipping fee and risk not fitting when you can just buy locally?

4. Audience
Arguably, together they have 2.8 million subscribers and 12.4 million views/month.
However, most likely they share a lot of the same viewers. Also, 1 view does not mean 1 unique person, as a lot of people can rewatch a lot of old videos.
Their audience has to skew young children, and they do not sell to them(that's why I think Ruby's clothing collection for children would be a huge success, she knows who is watching).
Furthermore, not all of them are US based and as mentioned in 3. international buyers do not really have a reason to choose Bollie.
In the last 2 months Bollie YT channel lost 1.6k subscribers! The novelty wears off quickly in the online community!
Their videos are not for parents, and they try to sell to them, why would this work?

I think that initially it might have been profitable (made in China and those prices!) because it was novelty, and otherwise they wouldn't work on the next "collection" but I doubt it will take on Zara or be enough to support them. They might have alienated a lot of customers.

I had some time to kill...
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Vincere wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 pm
I think that initially it might have been profitable (made in China and those prices!) because it was novelty, and otherwise they wouldn't work on the next "collection" but I doubt it will take on Zara or be enough to support them. They might have alienated a lot of customers.

I had some time to kill...
A very good assessment of their business. I think a big issues is they alienated their viewers too with Bollie that has hurt their channels.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

According to Instagram they’ve “rented” a trailer through that RV Share that Julie just had a deal with.
In the comments Ellie says they can’t wait to go together though so I’m thinking a trailer purchase is in their future.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 am Personal: I'm sure no one noticed but I've been MIA for almost 2 weeks now because I had to have emergency surgery. Thanks for keeping the thread updated, I'm about to dive in and catch up since I have nothing better to do for the next few weeks! :D
Oh, that's too bad. You haven't really missed much. They are both still idiots. Welcome back. Hope you're feeling better soon.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm According to Instagram they’ve “rented” a trailer through that RV Share that Julie just had a deal with.
In the comments Ellie says they can’t wait to go together though so I’m thinking a trailer purchase is in their future.
This is what I think they are renting and I picked a random one for sale in the U.S. just to get an idea of the price. It actually is a very nice light weight camper that would serve them well in the mid-twenties, but I saw a few of the same model online that went for the mid-thirties, so I posted the least expense one. People shop online for the best price these days and are willing to drive and pick them up like they did with their Suburban. Ellie will want a new camper after seeing this one, but I don't think a Suburban would tow it well.
https://www.holidayrvusa.com/inventoryd ... php?id=489
This is is from RV Share with a trailer that looks like the one they rented in Utah.
https://rvshare.com/rvs/details/1149661

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”