The Leroys

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: The Leroys

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm done. Scrolling past.

We need to stop feeding the troll. I'm sorry for my part. I just got riled when someone else made a comment and got called "nuts".
But apparently, we're bad people, and filming your child when she's not feeling well and posting it to YouTube for views is commendable. I thought YouTube was cracking down on that, but I guess if it brings in views($$) it's all good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by GGF1987 »

thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm I saw on Kesley's channel that they met up with Bratayley while in California. I feel like they constantly try to use bigger family vloggers to gain subscribers and then never mention them again. Like have they seen or mentioned 8 Passengers since Chad and Kesley "broke up" even though Shanna and Ruby were such "good friends"? I used to prefer the Leroys over some of the other family vlogs because they seemed more genuine but they've definitely changed a lot in the past year or so.
Yep they have drastically changed. That's how is goes on Youtube. I've watched it happen over and over and they all start off saying they won't change but they always do.

I used to really like The Leroys but I can hardly stand to watch them any more.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I just watched their vlog for the first time in a while. They got a belated birthday present from the Mikesell family for Logan's birthday and I thought that was just so thoughtful and meaningful. Kind of off topic, but I've been liking the Mikesell family as of lately. I just started watching them and don't know too much about them, although they are relatively new and don't have too many family videos. Brock and Boston have a channel but it is more targeted at people their age so I don't really watch that. Anyways, I find Betsy to be so stunning and I've been enjoying keeping up with their family.
TheTruthCandS
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TheTruthCandS »

GGF1987 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm
thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm I saw on Kesley's channel that they met up with Bratayley while in California. I feel like they constantly try to use bigger family vloggers to gain subscribers and then never mention them again. Like have they seen or mentioned 8 Passengers since Chad and Kesley "broke up" even though Shanna and Ruby were such "good friends"? I used to prefer the Leroys over some of the other family vlogs because they seemed more genuine but they've definitely changed a lot in the past year or so.
Yep they have drastically changed. That's how is goes on Youtube. I've watched it happen over and over and they all start off saying they won't change but they always do.

I find this comment interesting, and I’m curious! I have been called a troll from day one on these pages because I call it how it is. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, hate is hate and so many of these comments they try to disguise it under the term gossip. And it’s just straight false. But anyway I’m curious to know how the LeRoys have changed? How were they genuine before? What are they doing that is different? I have a hard time seeing meet ups with bigger Youtubers ungenuine. Honestly for the LeRoys it’s good business. Why would you not connect with bigger Youtubers to help you grow your channel?? But seriously what has changed?
thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

TheTruthCandS wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 am
GGF1987 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm

I find this comment interesting, and I’m curious! I have been called a troll from day one on these pages because I call it how it is. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, hate is hate and so many of these comments they try to disguise it under the term gossip. And it’s just straight false. But anyway I’m curious to know how the LeRoys have changed? How were they genuine before? What are they doing that is different? I have a hard time seeing meet ups with bigger Youtubers ungenuine. Honestly for the LeRoys it’s good business. Why would you not connect with bigger Youtubers to help you grow your channel?? But seriously what has changed?
When I first started watching the LeRoys, they seemed more like your average everyday family. The kids spent most of their time with school friends, kids in the neighborhood, cousins etc., doing extracurricular activities like dance and soccer, and Cory worked as a pilot (Do we know if he still does? I haven't seen him gone for work in a while). Once their channel grew and they started collaborating more with bigger channels, I felt like their real-life friends and activities went by the wayside and they started focusing their videos more on what would get views instead of everyday life. This is not to say that their friendships with other Youtubers are completely fake, but they are artificially formed instead of more naturally formed friendships that usually occur in school, church, extra-curricular activities etc. I'm convinced that Chad and Kesley's "relationship" was 100% for views and fabricated by their parents. It used to be all about Kesley and Lillie but after that falling out, we mostly only see Kesley's Youtube friends. Not to say she doesn't have other friends, but we seldom see them because Shanna knows that won't get as many views as if they hang out with 8 Passengers or Brock & Boston.

I still prefer the LeRoys to some of the other vlogging families but I feel like the last few months or so their content has been more about what will get views instead of real life. They seem less relatable now. That's just my personal opinion though.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
TheTruthCandS
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TheTruthCandS »

I think you make some good points. I think as for them being relatable is all relative. Meaning Kesley is growing up fast and at first she was more relatable to younger teens but I have now noticed their fan group is older teens that they relate to. Shanna and Cory have talked about that in videos and mentioned that they are trying to share the lives of each child more so the different age demographics can relate to each child. I’m sure it’s not an easy task though because most of the viewers are there to see Kesley and Shanna’s relationship. It seems lately that Rhett is starting to play a bigger role as he gets older and I’m sure the same thing will happen with Reese and Perri as they get older. Shanna has expressed that she will never force her kids to be on the videos hence the reason you see more of Kesley, Rhet and Perri. I think we see Reese the least and I have notice when she plays a role in videos there are a lot of mean comments that talk about her ability to express herself. So for her sake and protection it seems that Shanna is very careful what she posts to protect them. I think it would be really hard to show your life everyday because you are very vulnerable. Even Cory does not seem to comfortable on camera but that doesn’t hide the fact that he seems like an awesome dad who would do anything for his kids. The thing I love about the LeRoys is I feel like part of their family and not just a fan that gets lectured about life and religion (8 pax) 😂. There are a lot of aspects to there family that I wish I had. they seem like a great example to the way I would one day like to have for my own family. I have never felt like they are throwing religion down my throat instead they live it by example. Just my thoughts!

As for Chad and Kesley I’m sure a bit of it was exaggerated for views but I really do think they had a thing for each other but it didn’t last. Chad is handsome kid but the more I get to know about him he seems very arrogant and male chauvinist just like his dad. I’m sure that was a big turn off for Kesley.

Sorry so long but one more point. As for Lillie and old friends. Something happened with that relationship and nobody knows exactly. Which I think is very smart of the Leroys to help protect these young teen girls. However I do know after much study that the bigger a YT channel gets there are legal issues you will run into. For example Lillie, the leroys had her on there channel a lot and because they make money there has to be some sort of contract she had to sign by her parents to give her permission to be on the channel because she is under age. If not then the leroys could be sued. The bigger the leroys get I noticed the less people they have on there channel. I think it’s because of legal reasons. I’m sure they would love to still have multiple friend but the risk is too high. Therefore why not have a better relationship with other Youtubers that you can have on your channel because they deal with the same legal issues. All of the YouTube channels do it. It’s the only thing to me that makes sense.

So I think to help understand why things have changed the way they have is because of legal/business issues not a love/hate relationship. It’s all about perspective

Just my two cents. 🤷‍♀️
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

TheTruthCandS wrote:I think you make some good points. I think as for them being relatable is all relative. Meaning Kesley is growing up fast and at first she was more relatable to younger teens but I have now noticed their fan group is older teens that they relate to. Shanna and Cory have talked about that in videos and mentioned that they are trying to share the lives of each child more so the different age demographics can relate to each child. I’m sure it’s not an easy task though because most of the viewers are there to see Kesley and Shanna’s relationship. It seems lately that Rhett is starting to play a bigger role as he gets older and I’m sure the same thing will happen with Reese and Perri as they get older. Shanna has expressed that she will never force her kids to be on the videos hence the reason you see more of Kesley, Rhet and Perri. I think we see Reese the least and I have notice when she plays a role in videos there are a lot of mean comments that talk about her ability to express herself. So for her sake and protection it seems that Shanna is very careful what she posts to protect them. I think it would be really hard to show your life everyday because you are very vulnerable. Even Cory does not seem to comfortable on camera but that doesn’t hide the fact that he seems like an awesome dad who would do anything for his kids. The thing I love about the LeRoys is I feel like part of their family and not just a fan that gets lectured about life and religion (8 pax) Image. There are a lot of aspects to there family that I wish I had. they seem like a great example to the way I would one day like to have for my own family. I have never felt like they are throwing religion down my throat instead they live it by example. Just my thoughts!

As for Chad and Kesley I’m sure a bit of it was exaggerated for views but I really do think they had a thing for each other but it didn’t last. Chad is handsome kid but the more I get to know about him he seems very arrogant and male chauvinist just like his dad. I’m sure that was a big turn off for Kesley.

Sorry so long but one more point. As for Lillie and old friends. Something happened with that relationship and nobody knows exactly. Which I think is very smart of the Leroys to help protect these young teen girls. However I do know after much study that the bigger a YT channel gets there are legal issues you will run into. For example Lillie, the leroys had her on there channel a lot and because they make money there has to be some sort of contract she had to sign by her parents to give her permission to be on the channel because she is under age. If not then the leroys could be sued. The bigger the leroys get I noticed the less people they have on there channel. I think it’s because of legal reasons. I’m sure they would love to still have multiple friend but the risk is too high. Therefore why not have a better relationship with other Youtubers that you can have on your channel because they deal with the same legal issues. All of the YouTube channels do it. It’s the only thing to me that makes sense.

So I think to help understand why things have changed the way they have is because of legal/business issues not a love/hate relationship. It’s all about perspective

Just my two cents. Image

Everything regarding the filming and Shanna not forcing it I agree with; she actually said in a video that when they first started the channel it was Kesley and Shanna’s thing. Perri was always interested, Rhett and Reece are just now getting into it.

The “point” about Kesleys friends not filming due to legal reasons and a contract is ridiculous. Kesley and Shanna stated that Kesleys friend would no longer be in videos or on their public social media’s because some of their friends Mom’s contacted Shanna letting her now that it made them uncomfortable that they were getting a ton of followers from strangers and asked Kesley to not tag them. Shanna and Kesley then made the decision to make Kesley two IG. One for public and one for private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

^^ That makes me so sad how there seems to be more mean comments targeted at Reese when she is in the vlogs. She's such a sweetheart.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:^^ That makes me so sad how there seems to be more mean comments targeted at Reese when she is in the vlogs. She's such a sweetheart.

Same! I like Reese a lot! She reminds me a lot of myself aside from me not having any confidence at that age. I loved the vlog when she tried to wear the hoop earrings that Corey thought were too big. She showed another side of her and it was sweet to see.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Reese seems like the blown off middle child to me. Shanna is so busy trying to be Kesley's BFF and Perri still has the "cute" thing going on (all the pouting in Vegas would not have been tolerated/ encouraged by me)
My sister once wanted something of my mom's when she passed away, and she said she thought she deserved it because she wasn't the youngest, she wasn't the oldest, and she wasn't the only son. We let her have it. We would have anyway.
Seems like Reese has the same "middle child" syndrome. She isn't the youngest, she isn't the oldest, and she's not the only son.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lolislol26 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 pm
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:^^ That makes me so sad how there seems to be more mean comments targeted at Reese when she is in the vlogs. She's such a sweetheart.

Same! I like Reese a lot! She reminds me a lot of myself aside from me not having any confidence at that age. I loved the vlog when she tried to wear the hoop earrings that Corey thought were too big. She showed another side of her and it was sweet to see.
I loved that! And when Shanna took her out of school just to have a special girls day with Reese. It really made my heart happy to see her so happy. Shanna even explained in the video how good of a girl Reese is and you can sense that in the vlogs that she's in.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I loved the video they did revisiting old memories from the house. It was sweet to see what the kids remembers and what they enjoyed.

Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

Does anyone know how much they paid for their new house? That is just amazing. I'm from Europe and here where I live I would have to give 10.000.000 for that... Why do all those mormon vloggers have such perfect houses..
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

^ You can't compare 1:1. - Those pseudo-luxury looking US houses are cheaply built with simple nail-gunned wood frames, and are usually built in large numbers at the same time, which keeps the price down.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

lip wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:39 am ^ You can't compare 1:1. - Those pseudo-luxury looking US houses are cheaply built with simple nail-gunned wood frames, and are usually built in large numbers at the same time, which keeps the price down.
Very very true... houses just aren't made like they used to be. The faster and cheaper they can get the up, the faster they can sell them and make money to build more. When my family was looking at houses last year... some of the houses, just opening the front door, felt like the wall would collapse. Paper thin walls... they LOOK big and beautiful... but, then you get inside them and you can just feel and notice how cheap and shoddy the workmanship is.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

Thanks guys, that makes sense. I also saw that most houses in Utah are max. 1,000,000. So it's not that expensive to live there.

I just saw, they bought the new house from a family that earns their money by building a house and making it fancy (one of them is an interior designer), then they sell it. That's really interesting and is the reason why their new house is already perfectly furnished and everything looks perfect.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Milelu89 wrote:Thanks guys, that makes sense. I also saw that most houses in Utah are max. 1,000,000. So it's not that expensive to live there.

I just saw, they bought the new house from a family that earns their money by building a house and making it fancy (one of them is an interior designer), then they sell it. That's really interesting and is the reason why their new house is already perfectly furnished and everything looks perfect.

Only some of the furniture was already there, not all.
thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

Maybe I'm just a germophobe but was anyone else a little weirded out by Kesley getting a used bed? Maybe Shanna bought a new mattress and just bought the frame from the previous owners but the way she said it sounded like she bought the whole thing and was now passing it on to Kesley since she "only has three years left at home". Like I know you sleep on used mattresses all the time at hotels and such but I would feel weird sleeping on a mattress every night knowing someone else had regularly slept there before me.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm Maybe I'm just a germophobe but was anyone else a little weirded out by Kesley getting a used bed? Maybe Shanna bought a new mattress and just bought the frame from the previous owners but the way she said it sounded like she bought the whole thing and was now passing it on to Kesley since she "only has three years left at home". Like I know you sleep on used mattresses all the time at hotels and such but I would feel weird sleeping on a mattress every night knowing someone else had regularly slept there before me.
OMG! I was thinking the same thing, and wondering to post or not... I am extremely germaphobic, and that grossed me out. Even if she had bought Kesley a new mattress, she said she kept the same bedding on it that came with the set... and *shudders* no amount of washing/bleaching/disinfecting, would make me feel able to sleep in used sheets! And the bedding she got for the little girls and Rhett (I don't remember if she said Rhett's bedding was new or not)... she didn't even wash it before she put it on their beds... now, I am sure Beddy's is a clean facility... but, still... other people touched them, they might have touched the ground, been coughed/sneezed on... I have always heard, new clothing/bedding, you should ALWAYS wash before wearing or sleeping on. Apparently Shanna hasn't heard this. But, every time I see Kesley's bed I am going to get the heebeegeebees :barf:
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm Maybe I'm just a germophobe but was anyone else a little weirded out by Kesley getting a used bed? Maybe Shanna bought a new mattress and just bought the frame from the previous owners but the way she said it sounded like she bought the whole thing and was now passing it on to Kesley since she "only has three years left at home". Like I know you sleep on used mattresses all the time at hotels and such but I would feel weird sleeping on a mattress every night knowing someone else had regularly slept there before me.
OMG! I was thinking the same thing, and wondering to post or not... I am extremely germaphobic, and that grossed me out. Even if she had bought Kesley a new mattress, she said she kept the same bedding on it that came with the set... and *shudders* no amount of washing/bleaching/disinfecting, would make me feel able to sleep in used sheets! And the bedding she got for the little girls and Rhett (I don't remember if she said Rhett's bedding was new or not)... she didn't even wash it before she put it on their beds... now, I am sure Beddy's is a clean facility... but, still... other people touched them, they might have touched the ground, been coughed/sneezed on... I have always heard, new clothing/bedding, you should ALWAYS wash before wearing or sleeping on. Apparently Shanna hasn't heard this. But, every time I see Kesley's bed I am going to get the heebeegeebees :barf:
Agreed. Also, I always heard to wash bedding, clothes, towels, etc because of the chemicals that new items have on them.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”