Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Sammypants
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by Sammypants »

Why couldn't they just cut the pizza down the middle for the boys to share or bring home a slice for each? I don't understand the whole shared food thing, I barely like to do it with my husband.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I liked this vlog outside Bonnie's review of the dress. Olivia did very well playing the piano and so did Cody. You can tell they've worked hard practicing piano. I still enjoy seeing Joel's parents and I didn't know his mom's name (Louise) until today. Louise is a wonderful grandmother who was enthusiastic at the recital bouncing in the corner. Those kids are so lucky to have Joel's parents in their lives.
I am looking forward to their camping trip vlogs that hopefully start this week.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am I liked this vlog outside Bonnie's review of the dress. Olivia did very well playing the piano and so did Cody. You can tell they've worked hard practicing piano. I still enjoy seeing Joel's parents and I didn't know his mom's name (Louise) until today. Louise is a wonderful grandmother who was enthusiastic at the recital bouncing in the corner. Those kids are so lucky to have Joel's parents in their lives.
I am looking forward to their camping trip vlogs that hopefully start this week.
It's interesting that Joel calls Bonnie's parents mom and dad but Bonnie calls Joel's parents by their first name. I think Ellie calls Jared's parents mom and dad. My in-laws have always been mom and dad as well.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ba1006 wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am I liked this vlog outside Bonnie's review of the dress. Olivia did very well playing the piano and so did Cody. You can tell they've worked hard practicing piano. I still enjoy seeing Joel's parents and I didn't know his mom's name (Louise) until today. Louise is a wonderful grandmother who was enthusiastic at the recital bouncing in the corner. Those kids are so lucky to have Joel's parents in their lives.
It's interesting that Joel calls Bonnie's parents mom and dad but Bonnie calls Joel's parents by their first name. I think Ellie calls Jared's parents mom and dad. My in-laws have always been mom and dad as well.
It could be nothing more than they follow what the first sibling to be married did. Kind of like how grandparents names are determined based on the first grandchild. Plus Bonnie could have called Joel’s parents by their names the whole time they were in high school so that would be hard (and awkward) to break. Ellie didn’t know Craig and Tamara that long before she and Jared were married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:33 am
ba1006 wrote: It's interesting that Joel calls Bonnie's parents mom and dad but Bonnie calls Joel's parents by their first name. I think Ellie calls Jared's parents mom and dad. My in-laws have always been mom and dad as well.
It could be nothing more than they follow what the first sibling to be married did. Kind of like how grandparents names are determined based on the first grandchild. Plus Bonnie could have called Joel’s parents by their names the whole time they were in high school so that would be hard (and awkward) to break. Ellie didn’t know Craig and Tamara that long before she and Jared were married.

I love my MIL, but I would personally never call her ‘mom’ even if she asked me to. I find it insulting to my mother, who actually raised me.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

queenc13 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:19 pm
ba1006 wrote:

I love my MIL, but I would personally never call her ‘mom’ even if she asked me to. I find it insulting to my mother, who actually raised me.
I was so touched and felt so accepted when my in-laws asked me to call them mom and dad. Of course they can never replace my real parents. Nobody was insulted.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think it's a really individual, personal thing that varies from person to person and your relationship with the in-laws. I have been divorced for 15 years and still call my ex MIL "mom". And I had a wonderful relationship with my mom. My ex FIL is more formal. I call him by his first name. Funny, my ex-husband's current wife calls my ex MIL by her first name.
My daughter's best friend calls me "mom", and her mom isn't insulted.
That's one thing I won't judge them on, unless she called them Mr. and Mrs. Hoelleins. That would be weird. I was going to say that I can't imagine the Griffiths calling anyone but Jennifer "mom" with the way they worship her, but someone said Ellie calls the Mechams mom and dad, right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

ba1006 wrote:

I wonder if it's a regional/cultural thing. I have never met anyone who calls their in-laws mom and dad, but it seems it is more common in other parts of the world perhaps.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

ba1006 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:58 pm

I was so touched and felt so accepted when my in-laws asked me to call them mom and dad. Of course they can never replace my real parents. Nobody was insulted.
And that’s great for you. I find it insulting to my mother to call someone else mom, and I still have a great, wholesome, loving relationship with my MIL. His dad (FIL who is divorced from bio MIL) has never asked me to call him dad, and that didn’t insult me or make me feel less loved or touched by them.
I’m just saying that there’s different strokes for different folks and perhaps Joel’s parents don’t like being called mom/dad or maybe Bonnie feels like I do and is the one uncomfortable by it.
Acaena
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Acaena »

natalka81 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:30 pm I wonder if it's a regional/cultural thing. I have never met anyone who calls their in-laws mom and dad, but it seems it is more common in other parts of the world perhaps.
I am pretty sure, it is. Where I am from, there may of course be a few people that do it, but it is very, very uncommon. Like you, I do not know anyone.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

natalka81 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:30 pm

I wonder if it's a regional/cultural thing. I have never met anyone who calls their in-laws mom and dad, but it seems it is more common in other parts of the world perhaps.
Yes that's what I thought when I read here that it isn't common in the US, or maybe not in the whole US and it differs per region? Where I'm from, Belgium for instance, it's very common, and it isn't an insult to your real parents. Belgium has a more 'familiar' culture in relating to people, than the country where I live, the Netherlands where there is a more distant culture and where calling your MIL 'mom' is non-existent. They will even use the polite form of "you" to their MIL, which is really distant and doesn't mean politeness or civilized in this context. I'm certainly not saying the US has a distant culture, quite to the contrary in my opinion. But in their case, it's in line of their Calvinist culture, they are known to be distant and things that are related to this. Which the US doesn't share this tradition. Although lately I was reminded by this by EJ! I was speculating in my mind, could the Mormon society have things in common with Calvinism, could it be related somehow, in history is there a connection? Jared may not seem inhibited with his obnoxious and so-called outgoing behavior, but there's no real suppleness or warmth either I feel. And the frugelness that showed up lately, ordering only 3 meals was heartbreaking, the more so because it would have been more 'fun' and more vlog material to repeat the challenge a couple more times and visit a couple of other drive-ins. I wish they would have stayed with following the Porsche btw, now I want to know what the Porsche ordered! lol
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I didn't realize recognizing the name of Joel's mom had another meaning. I've never called my in-laws mom and dad and address them by their first names. I find it strange Jared and Joel refer to their in-laws as mom and dad since they are not their parents.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am I didn't realize recognizing the name of Joel's mom had another meaning. I've never called my in-laws mom and dad and address them by their first names. I find it strange Jared and Joel refer to their in-laws as mom and dad since they are not their parents.
That's funny because I find it strange to call your in-laws by their first name. Seems kind of cold but I guess it is regional thing. I'm pretty sure Ellie calls her in-laws mom and dad as well.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Todays vlog was enjoyable. I kind of wish they'd split their camping vlogs up more, a vlog for each day kind of thing. There was lots they could have shown!
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 am Todays vlog was enjoyable. I kind of wish they'd split their camping vlogs up more, a vlog for each day kind of thing. There was lots they could have shown!
Totally agree-I enjoyed today's vlog. They showed scenery that I probably never get the chance to see. I would have stretched it more days too.

What happened with the lady that was fussing at Bonnie and she was apologizing to her? I missed what had the lady upset. I think that should have been edited out.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

sheltiefan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 am Todays vlog was enjoyable. I kind of wish they'd split their camping vlogs up more, a vlog for each day kind of thing. There was lots they could have shown!
Totally agree-I enjoyed today's vlog. They showed scenery that I probably never get the chance to see. I would have stretched it more days too.

What happened with the lady that was fussing at Bonnie and she was apologizing to her? I missed what had the lady upset.
I don't really know either. They didn't explain it, Im thinking they were in the lady's spot or thought the lady was in theirs? Bonnie quickly apologised and said they'd move. That clip definitely should have been cut.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:51 am
sheltiefan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am

What happened with the lady that was fussing at Bonnie and she was apologizing to her? I missed what had the lady upset.
I don't really know either. They didn't explain it, Im thinking they were in the lady's spot or thought the lady was in theirs? Bonnie quickly apologised and said they'd move. That clip definitely should have been cut.
From what I gathered is that they left themselves parked in the gas station blocking it so no one else could use it while Bonnie was in the trailer making food. I'd be pissed off too. Bonnie should have just apologized but that was inconsiderate to begin with.

Are trailers RV's? I thought the motorized vehicles were considered RV's but I could have just assumed that.

Anyone else think it was weird that no one was wearing life jackets in that speedboat? Any speedboat trips I've been on I've had to wear one. Maybe it's not that speedy or rough of waters?

Also, they seem to struggle to make up good content. Why wouldn't they record more and use this content during this trip.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

This whole trip is done in one vlog. I don't understand. This video is one of my favorites and they rented a nice RV (Recreation Vehicle) or travel trailer I linked to above that cost in the mid twenties. Oregon is beautiful and you can see how much all of them enjoy camping.
It was not smart to block gas station pumps, but it wasn't necessary for the lady to bang on their door and yell at them. I chuckled when Boston said "grandma said idiots." :)
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by angelfire89 »

gopedjane wrote: Anyone else think it was weird that no one was wearing life jackets in that speedboat? Any speedboat trips I've been on I've had to wear one. Maybe it's not that speedy or rough of waters?
Any lake/boat I’ve ever been on requires life jackets for anyone under 18, and you have to have the available for each person (6 people on a boat=6 jackets whether they’re worn or not.) But the Hoelliens are raising boys and probably never wore life jackets as kids and nobody died/got hurt Image

At this point we’re all well aware that they give less than a single crap about safety laws/rules/recommendations. It’ll probably stay that way until something real happens to them, and even then they may explain it away as a freak event that won’t happen again. After all, Heavenly Father will protect them (not meant to diss the religions/beliefs as a whole, just the way the Griffiths experience/express them.)
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I aagree that this vlog was definitely more interesting and enjoyable than their typical everyday vlogs. But, what I don't like is how they include all of the footage into one vlog! I can't sit there and watch a 20 minute vlog of hers. Some channels I can, but halfway through I got super antsy and couldn't finish it. It's just too much and would be a lot better if she split it.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”