Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

This could be a dumb a question, but for people that live in the US... How do families, hikers and exercisers stroll through forests and areas that have bears? I know some people carry guns because you know.. ya’ll are allowed to carry guns. But for tourists and families like Bonnie’s, if there was a bear... what in the world is the protocol lmao? Is it just the risk you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

angelfire89 wrote:
gopedjane wrote: Anyone else think it was weird that no one was wearing life jackets in that speedboat? Any speedboat trips I've been on I've had to wear one. Maybe it's not that speedy or rough of waters?
Any lake/boat I’ve ever been on requires life jackets for anyone under 18, and you have to have the available for each person (6 people on a boat=6 jackets whether they’re worn or not.) But the Hoelliens are raising boys and probably never wore life jackets as kids and nobody died/got hurt Image

At this point we’re all well aware that they give less than a single crap about safety laws/rules/recommendations. It’ll probably stay that way until something real happens to them, and even then they may explain it away as a freak event that won’t happen again. After all, Heavenly Father will protect them (not meant to diss the religions/beliefs as a whole, just the way the Griffiths experience/express them.)
To be fair, nobody else on that boat were wearing life jackets either. It’s not like the Hoellein’s stamped their feet and refused, insisting that Heavenly Father would protect them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:This could be a dumb a question, but for people that live in the US... How do families, hikers and exercisers stroll through forests and areas that have bears? I know some people carry guns because you know.. ya’ll are allowed to carry guns. But for tourists and families like Bonnie’s, if there was a bear... what in the world is the protocol lmao? Is it just the risk you take?

Most bears are elusive and will avoid people at all costs. Wearing a bear bell and making a lot of noise is usually enough to keep bears away. If you do happen upon one, the trick is to look big and intimidating and they will generally back off. I live in Canada in what could be considered “bear and moose country.” We have lots of lakes and trail networks here. I live in the city and we often have bears walk through the neighbourhood at night. They really aren’t an issue unless you’re an absolute moron around them.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:This could be a dumb a question, but for people that live in the US... How do families, hikers and exercisers stroll through forests and areas that have bears? I know some people carry guns because you know.. ya’ll are allowed to carry guns. But for tourists and families like Bonnie’s, if there was a bear... what in the world is the protocol lmao? Is it just the risk you take?

I think it depends on the type of bears in the area and if there have been sightings. If you’re entering a park you will typically be notified if there have been sightings and where to avoid.

My husband spent some time camping in an area with Grizzlies and he didn’t go anywhere without his can of Bear spray, think of it as a big can of bear mace. It’s supposed to more effective than guns in the event a bear charges at you.

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

gopedjane wrote:

I think it depends on the type of bears in the area and if there have been sightings. If you’re entering a park you will typically be notified if there have been sightings and where to avoid.

My husband spent some time camping in an area with Grizzlies and he didn’t go anywhere without his can of Bear spray, think of it as a big can of bear mace. It’s supposed to more effective than guns in the event a bear charges at you.

Ooooh! Bear bell and bear mace.. that’s cool! Now that you mentioned it, I’ve watched a video or movie where a park ranger notified a family about a bear sighting. Thanks guys!
I’d swap our Aussie snakes and spiders for your bears anyday. It would be awesome to see one... from far away lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

A gun only works if you are far enough away and a really good shot. Because if a grizzly bear is coming at you and you don't kill it, all you have done is really piss it off.
Bells so they know you're coming and bear spray are what you want.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sammypants
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sammypants »

What is with washing the feet in the sink? Would is not be easier and make way more sense to rinse them in the BATHTUB? Sit on the edge of the tub and rinse your feet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Sammypants wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:22 am What is with washing the feet in the sink? Image Would is not be easier and make way more sense to rinse them in the BATHTUB? Sit on the edge of the tub and rinse your feet.

Why not just shower the kids (and themselves) before cleaning out their gear? I understand not leaving things sit for days but surely an hour or two so everyone could get cleaned up and recharge before emptying bags would be fine. I camp a lot, and cleaning the trailer out isn't really a messy task so its not like they would have gotten filthy and needed an additional shower.
lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lightasfeather »

gopedjane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Well I'm from Europe but a bear-heavy country, do I guess I can say what we do. Bears are usually not keen on meeting people, if they hear you they will run away. So on general you are encouraged to keep talking, have small bells mounted on etc. If a bear stops being afraid of people and starts coming to tourists to get food or something, it sadly won't live long after as hunters are allowed to kill it (otherwise bears are protected, so no you can't just shoot a random bear you meet). It's also why you cannot under any circumstance feed the bears or try to play with them. Also if there were bear sightings in area you are warned, as usually bears keep away from human path and you don't see them - but they see/smell/hear you. Additionally you need to be super careful when they have little ones, as that is the time when they can attack. But overall, they are not as dangerous as people believe. There are also tricks taught to children on what to do if you despite everything run into them, people normally survive those situations.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am
Sammypants wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:22 am What is with washing the feet in the sink? Image Would is not be easier and make way more sense to rinse them in the BATHTUB? Sit on the edge of the tub and rinse your feet.

Why not just shower the kids (and themselves) before cleaning out their gear? I understand not leaving things sit for days but surely an hour or two so everyone could get cleaned up and recharge before emptying bags would be fine. I camp a lot, and cleaning the trailer out isn't really a messy task so its not like they would have gotten filthy and needed an additional shower.
Bonnie's OCD on having everything carried in and cleaned up right when they got home gives me anxiety and OF COURSE it was how her mom did it. Reminds me of my mom. My mom was like her that everything had to be clean and tidy at all times and we always had to do all of the work. I think she should have had the kids bring in and empty their own bags, the older ones at least but then her and Joel should do the rest. I feel as a parent that we should definitely make sure that our kids grow up cleaning up after themselves and have some other chores as well as learn how to do everything is done but it's not their responsibility to keep house at all times. They will do that when they are adults and choose to have their own home. Maybe in times when you needed your children to help actually run the house but these are different times, let kids be kids before they have to become adults in our crazy world. I'd rather have a messy house and I'd rather enjoy my trip than do laundry on the trip so I would have no laundry when I get home.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

We make our kids help get organized and clean up again after a trip. If they aren’t putting things away, they at least have to be cleaning themselves up. Kids should be kids, but there is nothing that is so important they can’t help. If I’m scrambling around trying to get organized again, then the kids had better not be sitting down playing video games. They can put their bags away, get cleaned up and then enjoy settling back in at home worth their toys and video games. There’s definitely a middle area between how Bonnie does it and not expecting the kids to do any work at all.

Doing laundry while you’re away if you’re staying at a place with a machine is actually pretty great. Makes unpacking when you get home so much easier and helps safeguard against bedbugs

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I definitely don't have a problem with the kids helping, from what we saw she gave them pretty age appropriate tasks. Its important that they learn trips are fun but there is work to be done as well. My issue is washing kids feet in the kitchen sink, having them lay in their dirty clothes across the counter and insisting that it be done literally the moment they pull in, she was cleaning the truck out before Joel even unhooked from the trailer and got out of the roadway! That's overkill IMO, there's no reason they couldn't have all gotten a shower and clean clothes and then tackled the clean up.

Im also a fan of doing laundry on a trip, theres often down time and Id rather throw some laundry in then leave it pile up. Plus it cuts down on how much I need to pack!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That’s fair, I am probably projecting my own feelings from my childhood and my mom.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That’s fair, I am probably projecting my own feelings from my childhood and my mom.
danalocs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by danalocs »

All I could think of and notice in today's vlog was Lady drinking a lot of water when Olivia took her to her kennel and placed her food and water in there. She was really thirsty and I'd bet that they don't have a consistent spot where a water bowl is for her!
These dopes think they can give her water a couple times a day and she's good! Wth?! Dogs don't drink water in the same way they eat. They need unregulated access to water ALL the time! Especially a dog that tiny and in summertime. I just can't with these people! Our dogs drink dozens of times a day. They can regulate their hydration just fine as long as they have constant access to water.
It seems like it's because they never let the poor dog roam about the house. They carry and cart around and pen up and kennel her only! Dogs aren't meant to live like that- even tiny little designer dogs (talking to YOU Bonnie)
There is no reason the dog cannot walk around their damn basic 1950's home unsupervised! Give me a break! She needs to know where her water bowl is both outside and inside so she can get a drink when she's thirsty- but heaven forbid a bowl mess up the aesthetic.
I'm pissed!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

danalocs wrote:All I could think of and notice in today's vlog was Lady drinking a lot of water when Olivia took her to her kennel and placed her food and water in there. She was really thirsty and I'd bet that they don't have a consistent spot where a water bowl is for her!
These dopes think they can give her water a couple times a day and she's good! Wth?! Dogs don't drink water in the same way they eat. They need unregulated access to water ALL the time! Especially a dog that tiny and in summertime. I just can't with these people! Our dogs drink dozens of times a day. They can regulate their hydration just fine as long as they have constant access to water.
It seems like it's because they never let the poor dog roam about the house. They carry and cart around and pen up and kennel her only! Dogs aren't meant to live like that- even tiny little designer dogs (talking to YOU BonnieImage)
There is no reason the dog cannot walk around their damn basic 1950's home unsupervised! Give me a break! She needs to know where her water bowl is both outside and inside so she can get a drink when she's thirsty- but heaven forbid a bowl mess up the aesthetic.
I'm pissed!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Definitely agree about the water. It’s been really hot in our apartment the last few days and our dog has been emptying her water bowl about once a day/ day and a half. When it’s not as hot, it could take her a few days to a week to empty the bowl (it’s a decent sized bowl.) Dogs know when they need water and when they don’t need as much. Only allowing access at specific times could be extremely harmful to her health. Maybe another reason she was getting sick, dehydration can cause and be caused by vomiting. If they have a problem with the dog going on the carpet/are afraid she’ll piddle on the rug, block off those areas. Close all the bedroom doors, put a baby gate at the top of the stairs, maybe even roll up the rug in the front room for a short while until she’s reliably trained. She should be out of her crate more than in at this stage. Like you said, bowl inside and outside accessible at all times.
Bored Mommy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bored Mommy »

gopedjane wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:34 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am

Bonnie's OCD on having everything carried in and cleaned up right when they got home gives me anxiety and OF COURSE it was how her mom did it. Reminds me of my mom. My mom was like her that everything had to be clean and tidy at all times and we always had to do all of the work. I think she should have had the kids bring in and empty their own bags, the older ones at least but then her and Joel should do the rest. I feel as a parent that we should definitely make sure that our kids grow up cleaning up after themselves and have some other chores as well as learn how to do everything is done but it's not their responsibility to keep house at all times. They will do that when they are adults and choose to have their own home. Maybe in times when you needed your children to help actually run the house but these are different times, let kids be kids before they have to become adults in our crazy world. I'd rather have a messy house and I'd rather enjoy my trip than do laundry on the trip so I would have no laundry when I get home.
I totally agree when we are back from a trip I dump everything at the entrance and go sleep or relax! Next day I will make a cup of coffee and slowly put things right while I enjoy some music I don’t get this tremendous pressure to do it right then tired exhausted and stressing over it! What does it even mean to wake up to everything done? We all enjoy it when everything is done irrespective of when! This is just controlling behaviour that manifest into depression!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bored Mommy wrote:
I totally agree when we are back from a trip I dump everything at the entrance and go sleep or relax! Next day I will make a cup of coffee and slowly put things right while I enjoy some music I don’t get this tremendous pressure to do it right then tired exhausted and stressing over it! What does it even mean to wake up to everything done? We all enjoy it when everything is done irrespective of when! This is just controlling behaviour that manifest into depression!
That’s you though. I think on these boards we tend to forget that it’s ok for people to be different as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. Having all that stuff laying around would make it impossible for an anxious person like me to relax. This is the same reason I need all the toys put away before bedtime so I can at least relax, sleep and then wake up to a tidy house the next morning before the kids tear it apart again. They are allowed to have their toys all over, but with the simple caveat that the house gets tidied at night. It isn’t controlling to just want to get things done before resting any more than one could argue your way is lazy. It’s just different. Other than the washing the feet in the sink and maybe being a bit overly rushed and manic about it, there was nothing wrong or even weird about Bonnie wanting to get things unpacked the same day. Not everyone has the time to just go about it in a leisurely manner the next day either. What works for one person, may not for the next.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Bonnie talks about not putting a vlog up tomorrow or the next day to catch up at home. This sounds eerily familiar to E&J having too much going on and a bad time to do this when your channel is not performing as well. Today's vlog Bonnie didn't seem too interested in recording that I get, but it is how you pay the bills.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

It's so sad to not let your excited dog jump up on you for some affection. Obviously you can't let that happen with total strangers but this is her family. Bonnie actually calls it rude. I feel sorry for Lady.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”