Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by Z3phyr »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 pm I think she would be sinking now without Joel, maybe not as quickly because they'd be somewhat relatable still if Joel was working outside the home, but overall her personality just stinks. And I think as her fame grew we would have seen more and more of her true Griffith self regardless if Joel took over the editing or not. Bonnie just isn't a genuine person IMO, she's always been like Ellie, she was just on her best behaviour before her fame took off and she had fans who praise her every move.
Joel just doesn't hide things as well as Jared does, he's not as good at editing. Both girls have horrible attitudes, think theyre entitled and thinks everyone who isn't singing their praises is a hater. Bonnie and Joel have talked about their knock out type fights before (hello, bonnie broke a cabinet door by kicking it out of anger!) she's just more comfortable showing that kind of attitude and Joel isn't smart enough to edit it out.
You’re probably right. I seriously think Joel is your run of the mill passive aggressive guy who hooks up with a bossy tyrant wife. He can’t be so dumb that he didn’t think leaving in those unflattering clips of drug addled Bonnie wouldn't damage their family friendly brand. I think he did it on purpose out of anger or resentment. Conversely, he’s not dumb enough either to realize she is his meal ticket. Very dysfunctional couple.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:58 pm A lot of the issues actually come down to Joel’s involvement. In hindsight she was a lot better off before she had Joel “helping” and enabling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, Joel should've stuck to his plan as a stay home father and enjoy his children. Joel claimed that he quit his job to spend more time with his kids but became a grown up kid instead and forgot about the children. He became an enabler, got comfortable and caught up in Bonnie's Youtube life. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle their current situation this time around.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Namm wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:58 pm A lot of the issues actually come down to Joel’s involvement. In hindsight she was a lot better off before she had Joel “helping” and enabling.

True, Joel should've stuck to his plan as a stay home father and enjoy his children. Joel claimed that he quit his job to spend more time with his kids but became a grown up kid instead and forgot about the children. He became an enabler, got comfortable and caught up in Bonnie's Youtube life. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle their current situation this time around.
Plus things weren’t as bad when everyone could hold onto the belief that Joel was busy starting up a secret business. Once it became harder to deny that Joel had sold out and was just lazy and entitled now, it pretty much made both he and Bonnie impossible to relate to. A lot of people hated Bonnie from the beginning even, but Joel was almost unanimously liked. The same can’t be said today....

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Interesting ending to Ruby's vlog today. She talks about husbands quitting their jobs and helping out with their YouTube channels. Kind of a jab at her brother-in-laws. At least that's how I took it.
queenc13
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:59 pm
Addicted2vlogs wrote:This could be a dumb a question, but for people that live in the US... How do families, hikers and exercisers stroll through forests and areas that have bears? I know some people carry guns because you know.. ya’ll are allowed to carry guns. But for tourists and families like Bonnie’s, if there was a bear... what in the world is the protocol lmao? Is it just the risk you take?

Most bears are elusive and will avoid people at all costs. Wearing a bear bell and making a lot of noise is usually enough to keep bears away. If you do happen upon one, the trick is to look big and intimidating and they will generally back off. I live in Canada in what could be considered “bear and moose country.” We have lots of lakes and trail networks here. I live in the city and we often have bears walk through the neighbourhood at night. They really aren’t an issue unless you’re an absolute moron around them.

I have been MIA on here for a little bit because I took a rip out west. I tried my DARNDEST to see a bear 😂 and never saw one, even though bear activity was high where we were staying. They generally keep to themselves and like to hunt smaller game in private.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

ba1006 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 am Interesting ending to Ruby's vlog today. She talks about husbands quitting their jobs and helping out with their YouTube channels. Kind of a jab at her brother-in-laws. At least that's how I took it.
she’s a nut..I took it as she wishes kevin was sahd...cause she can’t handle life at home without him. Laughable! There is NO way he wants to be around her all the time. Looks like he can barely stand being around her at all!
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Catface2 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 am
ba1006 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 am Interesting ending to Ruby's vlog today. She talks about husbands quitting their jobs and helping out with their YouTube channels. Kind of a jab at her brother-in-laws. At least that's how I took it.
she’s a nut..I took it as she wishes kevin was sahd...cause she can’t handle life at home without him. Laughable! There is NO way he wants to be around her all the time. Looks like he can barely stand being around her at all!
yep, I took it that way as well. All youtube husbands quit their jobs when they reach a certain amount of viewers, only her husband refuses too. Poor Ruby. What she doesn't seem to get is that Kevin working makes them a lot more relatable to their viewers which is actually helping her channel.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:13 pm
angelfire89 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 pm
ba1006 wrote:It's so sad to not let your excited dog jump up on you for some affection. Obviously you can't let that happen with total strangers but this is her family. Bonnie actually calls it rude. I feel sorry for Lady.
Also that dog weighs as most 10 lbs. It’s not like 150 lb lab (or even my 30 lb mutt) that could knock someone over. Yes, dogs should be taught not to jump but not as big a deal when they’re tiny. She’s still learning.
Honestly, its because she's still learning that I think its great Bonnie didn't allow her to jump. Consistency is KEY in dog training, and size doesn't matter, if she isn't to jump up in greeting then she isn't to jump up. Im a dog LOVER, however I don't want dogs jumping on me even if theyre small. She might not be able to knock anyone over but her nails could definitely snag some clothing or scratch legs and jumping just isn't a good way for her to learn to greet people, even her family.
My dog is not allowed to jump without that command. Period. It is rude for him to jump, and can lead to bad behavior I don’t want or don’t want to be liable for. Just because Lady is small doesn’t mean she (in my opinion) should be allowed to jump and training a dog that she can do it to one person often leads to her thinking she can do it to others. If I give my dog the release word that he’s allowed to jump, excitement or not, that is the only time he’s allowed to do that.
A friend of mine got sued because a woman walked up her drive way, her little dog was excitedly jumping at the neighbor’s feet, she tripped, was injured, and sued their homeowner’s insurance for the medical bills. This is not a freak thing, it happens.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Most of the men quit their jobs when YT takes off because YT is already their side hustle more than it is the wife’s. Jared, Bryan, Culln, etc. Joel is one of the few husbands that basically left a job to assist with YT and “help with the kids.” Ruby may be jealous that Kevin hasn’t quit to help out, but it isn’t as though his situation is common and he is atypical. Most men in his position would maintain their career. He has too much to lose if he quits.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I don't watch 8passengers much but it seems like Kevin enjoys his career, I can't see him going from being busy all the time to sitting home doing "YouTube". No way. It would be the dumbest decision.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Most of the men quit their jobs when YT takes off because YT is already their side hustle more than it is the wife’s. Jared, Bryan, Culln, etc. Joel is one of the few husbands that basically left a job to assist with YT and “help with the kids.” Ruby may be jealous that Kevin hasn’t quit to help out, but it isn’t as though his situation is common and he is atypical. Most men in his position would maintain their career. He has too much to lose if he quits.

Not many of the YT husbands have the education and the kind of job Kevin has. Jared worked at Verizon. Joel did shift work at Proctor and Gamble. Bryan was a server. Cullen was out of a job. Kevin is a tenured professor. He worked long and hard for that. I can't believe Cory Leroy quit his job. Especially seeing how the views for Bonnie and Ellie are decreasing. Cory was an airline captain. And she's lying about him quitting. Both Davey Orgill and Ruby have mentioned it, and she is saying it didn't happen.
But they think they're untouchable and the money will keep rolling in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 am Most of the men quit their jobs when YT takes off because YT is already their side hustle more than it is the wife’s. Jared, Bryan, Culln, etc. Joel is one of the few husbands that basically left a job to assist with YT and “help with the kids.” Ruby may be jealous that Kevin hasn’t quit to help out, but it isn’t as though his situation is common and he is atypical. Most men in his position would maintain their career. He has too much to lose if he quits.

what would he be doing at home all day anyway? After the summer all kids will be gone from around 7:30 to 4:00 pm. With Ruby probably not editing herself anymore, where exactly does she need all that help?
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 am Most of the men quit their jobs when YT takes off because YT is already their side hustle more than it is the wife’s. Jared, Bryan, Culln, etc. Joel is one of the few husbands that basically left a job to assist with YT and “help with the kids.” Ruby may be jealous that Kevin hasn’t quit to help out, but it isn’t as though his situation is common and he is atypical. Most men in his position would maintain their career. He has too much to lose if he quits.

Yeah, the other Youtube husbands had jobs, not careers. Reality will hit them hard if it ever ends.
Kevin is in a good position and he worked hard for his career. He has a strong work ethic and will always be able to get a job in system, in the US or abroad. He can also start his own business and focus on researching if he wants to.
Ruby might dream of having Kevin at home in her mind but it would only put a strain on their marriage in reality. It's obvious that she wants to keep an eye on him and has become very territorial lately, allowing him his own Instagram account ;) .
I wonder if Bonnie would ever allow Joel to have an IG account.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don’t necessarily think Bonnie keeps Joel from having an IG account, but I do think it’s to his benefit to not have one. People are largely unwilling to criticize him and for the most part give him a pass and make everything Bonnie’s fault. Three douchey selfies and/or weird comments and it would be hard for people to not see Joel as more of a Cullen or Bryan. He benefits from our not knowing who he is as well. We know more about who he used to be because of how he used to preach his “old school” mentality. It’s clear he no longer lives it, but he hasn’t voiced a need for a Tesla flamethrower or the latest smart phone. If he had social media however, we’d see a lot more of who he really is and how he thinks than he may want to reveal.

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Oh no Bonnie is going to throw a major hissy fit. Michael Kors isn’t considered a luxury brand anymore 😂 what is she going to do with her now “cheap” Michael kors bags and perfume....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I had to stop watching, did she really give Cody a choice of his baseball game or ice cream, but not both? I stopped after that. Every time I give her a chance she annoys me.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am I had to stop watching, did she really give Cody a choice of his baseball game or ice cream, but not both? I stopped after that. Every time I give her a chance she annoys me.

It gets worse...
I don't know why you make a child choose between their ballgame and going out for ice cream since most can manage doing both. It was just a few weeks ago Bonnie said they would be at all their games when they missed their baseball camp because they went to Las Vegas. Joel should have taken him to show being at games is part of being a member of a team. Bonnie's high pitch voice talking to Lady is annoying and a group dinner on a cookie sheet...why vlog this. Finally, Lincoln has no shoes at a place I'm sure requires them and they drove with "kids in the back of the truck" likely happened with their consistent poor safety record. My impression, Bonnie enthusiasm in vlogging is lacking and Ellie is probably saying you don't need to vlog everyday.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am I had to stop watching, did she really give Cody a choice of his baseball game or ice cream, but not both? I stopped after that. Every time I give her a chance she annoys me.

Yes Bonnie did!! Cody told her naturally he wanted to do both but she let it be known that wasn't an option! Yeah that irritated me too. He is on a team not just playing with the neighborhood kids or something. If that is how she is going to do, Cody won't be who the coaches will play. They are going to play the one that comes to practices and games. Plus she had a niece and nephew visiting so let's do yard work before going for ice cream. She mentioned one cone and six kids sharing and I was like surely not but who knows after the pizza incident. It turned out to be a joke bu you never can tell with B and J!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The baseball or ice cream thing is ridiculous and no doubt it’s about control. If Jennifer didn’t pull shit like that when Bonnie was a kid I’d be shocked.

Thing is, Joel is a part of this too. He may not have been the one to say it, but he also knew Cody had baseball that night and was going to miss it. He could have advocated for Cody, but I think he was on board with making Cody choose as well.

queenc13
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 am The baseball or ice cream thing is ridiculous and no doubt it’s about control. If Jennifer didn’t pull shit like that when Bonnie was a kid I’d be shocked.

Thing is, Joel is a part of this too. He may not have been the one to say it, but he also knew Cody had baseball that night and was going to miss it. He could have advocated for Cody, but I think he was on board with making Cody choose as well.

She probably didn’t, considering Ellie and Bonnie talked about how she wouldn’t let them do summer or after school activities besides piano.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”