RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Chloe and Beans | Part 8

Unread post by RottieMama »

THREAD TITLE: tbd

THREAD CREDIT: tbd

Hey guys! Here’s your new thread! Can anyone think of a good title? Please suggest them below and I’ll change the name.

❤️❤️❤️
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Chloe and Beans | Part 8

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Their new raincoats are awesome, but they are $94.50 EACH!!! Imagine dropping nearly $600 just on raincoats.
YTIUH
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIUH »

Bekkaz wrote:Their new raincoats are awesome, but they are $94.50 EACH!!! Imagine dropping nearly $600 just on raincoats.
OMG!!!
Snap2it
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Snap2it »

Bekkaz wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:52 pm Their new raincoats are awesome, but they are $94.50 EACH!!! Imagine dropping nearly $600 just on raincoats.
What! That's crazy price. Sure we had a few weeks of rain in Perth but we are now back sunny days.

At long last they are finally getting a dining room table! I like the idea more of buying one secondhand then buying one from Ikea.

The tour of the boys rooms was weird. Why show the world their private room?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Felix just turned five. I think he's doing very well with his reading. Chloe and/or Ro are doing something right with encouraging the reading, I must say. I'm not a huge fan of their homeschooling method but I'm impressed with the way those kids appreciate books- it's kind of rare nowadays.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

natalka81 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 am Felix just turned five. I think he's doing very well with his reading. Chloe and/or Ro are doing something right with encouraging the reading, I must say. I'm not a huge fan of their homeschooling method but I'm impressed with the way those kids appreciate books- it's kind of rare nowadays.
Totally agree. The way they are living is not my life style but I love how early their boys can read and seem to enjoy it tremendously. They also know a lot of other stuff, seem to be interested in basically anything and are good with numbers too. It's great to see kids with such a love of learning. The parents must do something right (and it never seems forced in any way too)
NotHateButUhh
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotHateButUhh »

I think the reason they did a room tour is because fans request them over and over and over. I think a lot of people use family vloggers as inspiration for home decor and organisation and so they want to see how different parts of the house are set up. It’s not all that weird, I don’t think. That video was really stretched for content, though. She could have shown all the bedrooms in the same length of time.
NotHateButUhh
Informer
Informer

It’s really starting to annoy me how often Chloe Chloe says “isn’t there?” when she means “aren’t there?” (sometimes “isn’t there?” is correct, but I’m talking about all the times she uses it incorrectly). It comes up a lot because she’s asks so many yes/no questions to the kids. I don’t like to grammar bash people, but she does it daily and she’s their teacher.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

They have come a long way with the bedrooms. It used to just be 3 beds. No bedside tables, no clothing in their rooms, no place for individual items.
I loved the fact they have their own box under the bed of just their own special stuff...and how Otto goes "Evan likes to collect rubbish" lol
I like that their clothes are in the wardrobe now so they can choice their own clothes, instead of being told what they are wearing.

Felix is a great reader for a just turned 5yr old. He's probably at about a 6-6.5yr old level. Nowhere as clever as Evan is or near Otto but than I believe that Even is actually a gifted child and Otto is very smart. Felix is bright and very clever but not like his older brothers.
NotHateButUhh
Informer
Informer

Otto learned to read younger than Evan did, he’s just very shy. Evan is a very confident boy.
spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

natalka81 wrote:Felix just turned five. I think he's doing very well with his reading. Chloe and/or Ro are doing something right with encouraging the reading, I must say. I'm not a huge fan of their homeschooling method but I'm impressed with the way those kids appreciate books- it's kind of rare nowadays.
The triplets are mega behind though. They are 4, only a year younger than Felix. They barely talk and if I didn't know I'd guess they were 2

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

OMFG - even the triplets' clothing in their wardrobe are hung in (reverse) rainbow order. That's some madness right there!
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

Bekkaz wrote:OMFG - even the triplets' clothing in their wardrobe are hung in (reverse) rainbow order. That's some madness right there!
- mommy, mommy, can I have my piece of tofu with two spinach leaves now?
- no little bean, you need to fix your closet first - your yellow jumper is not in the right spot and mommy is doing Instagram later tonight so everything needs to be perfect. And don’t even think of asking for a blue plate!!! It’s your sister’s - you should have learned it by now!!!
spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

Spoiler alert. Here's the literally whole tour lol [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... 07dc09.jpg[/IMG]

Commonlove
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Commonlove »

spoiled2bits wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:14 pm
natalka81 wrote:Felix just turned five. I think he's doing very well with his reading. Chloe and/or Ro are doing something right with encouraging the reading, I must say. I'm not a huge fan of their homeschooling method but I'm impressed with the way those kids appreciate books- it's kind of rare nowadays.
The triplets are mega behind though. They are 4, only a year younger than Felix. They barely talk and if I didn't know I'd guess they were 2

Agreed. They are four and nowhere near reading or counting. They are like big babies. Does Chloe even try to teach them letters and numbers? I think the big boys were so much better at everything than the triplets. I mean it's perfectly normal for a 4 yo not to read or even know many letters but for their family it's just weird as Chloe always brags how talented Evan and Otto are
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

It’s exactly what we all commented would happen when she said she was going to be homeschooling
There’s a reason traditional schools split kids by age group/ability. She cannot effectively teach 4 age groups to the same standard. That’s why Evan was the ‘most advanced’ of the kids, yes he does seem to be naturally bright, inquisitive and eager to learn which certainly helps. But he is the oldest. Chloe invested the most into him. She doesn’t have the energy nor time to invest as much into the triplets or Felix as she did with the older two whilst keeping up with Evan and ottos learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

The triplets were micro-preemies. IDK why so many YouTubers refuse to get their kids help. Often with early intervention kids catch up to their peers and stop needing extra help. They were in daycare for a while but it was only one day and I believe entirely so they could have a break.

The older boys seem to do well mostly because they want to do these things reading and numbers. They can easily glean information from their environment. When you have a delay it can be harder for you to just pick up things like other kids. I wonder if they've taken the kids for hearing tests [again preemies] if they have any sort of hearing loss that would be another difficulty in just picking things up naturally which is apparently what unschooling is.
woolves
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by woolves »

DoodleBop2 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:34 am The triplets were micro-preemies. IDK why so many YouTubers refuse to get their kids help. Often with early intervention kids catch up to their peers and stop needing extra help. They were in daycare for a while but it was only one day and I believe entirely so they could have a break.

The older boys seem to do well mostly because they want to do these things reading and numbers. They can easily glean information from their environment. When you have a delay it can be harder for you to just pick up things like other kids. I wonder if they've taken the kids for hearing tests [again preemies] if they have any sort of hearing loss that would be another difficulty in just picking things up naturally which is apparently what unschooling is.
Agree with everything you've said, but don't forget they aren't 'unschooling' anymore. That was another of Chloe's fads that fell out of favour, much like Montessori (because she didn't really understand what that was). They are now 'eclectic homeschooling'. Watch this space for the next incoming fad, modelled by the beans.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

woolves wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm
DoodleBop2 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:34 am The triplets were micro-preemies. IDK why so many YouTubers refuse to get their kids help. Often with early intervention kids catch up to their peers and stop needing extra help. They were in daycare for a while but it was only one day and I believe entirely so they could have a break.

Agree with everything you've said, but don't forget they aren't 'unschooling' anymore. That was another of Chloe's fads that fell out of favour, much like Montessori (because she didn't really understand what that was). They are now 'eclectic homeschooling'. Watch this space for the next incoming fad, modelled by the beans.
Oh right. I honestly still think the kids just muddle through on their own and she takes photos of "educational activities" to show the person who audits homeschooling .
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

DoodleBop2 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm
woolves wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Oh right. I honestly still think the kids just muddle through on their own and she takes photos of "educational activities" to show the person who audits homeschooling .
I'm with you. I'm not convinced she does any actual teaching either. Yes, they go to educational places and she sometimes explains how things work (when she's not replying back with a yes/no question) but she's not teaching them actual stuff. They are just fortunate that the older 3 are bright.

You gotta remember that she pulled the triplets off formula really young as well even though they were micro-premmies. They are only 4 though and probably act about the same as other average 4yr olds.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”