Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

Corbin turned the comments back on. He's pretending YT did it.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:
GGF1987 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 pm something along the lines of removes these tattoos that remind me of you, didn't Missy and Kelsey get matching tattoos or something? Or was that Missy and someone else? They seem to have a lot of trouble keeping friends to be honest. Corbin and Kelsey suck but Bryan and Missy suck just as bad.
They got matching henna tattoos once.

I think Missy and Bryan are targets because they are extremely wealthy and well-connected. People want to be their friends for their own selfish reasons. Kelsey and CORBIN really took advantage of them. Corbin quit working for Bryan (or was fired) within three months moving from Portland to SoCal.

Kelsey and Corbin probably got used to Missy bankrolling their life. I think Bryan was fed up and cut them off.
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. I think Corbin and Bryan were a toxic combination. Jeff working as Bryan's "assistant" ruined their relationship, and the Johnsons were legit related to Missy. Bryan and Missy used their fair share of people trying to get to the top of the vlogging world. I don't think they are innocent in this scenario. I think Missy wanted them to move to SoCal so she would have a baby girl to play with, and she convinced Bryan to hire Corbin and she gave them financial help. They were friends from way back, so I believe she really wanted to help them. But Corbin is a jerk, and thinks he's better than everyone else, and Bryan needs his "assistants" to suck up. Bad combination. Remember how Jeff used to always post on IG about how amazing Bryan was as a singer and pretty much everything else? Corbin probably thought he was better than Bryan and said so.
Just my theory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

Bryan and Missy are off camping. I can only imagine how pissed Corbin and Kels must be. “These City slickers really bought an RV and are camping? They don’t know a damn thing about traveling and camping”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:
GGF1987 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 pm something along the lines of removes these tattoos that remind me of you, didn't Missy and Kelsey get matching tattoos or something? Or was that Missy and someone else? They seem to have a lot of trouble keeping friends to be honest. Corbin and Kelsey suck but Bryan and Missy suck just as bad.
They got matching henna tattoos once.

I think Missy and Bryan are targets because they are extremely wealthy and well-connected. People want to be their friends for their own selfish reasons. Kelsey and CORBIN really took advantage of them. Corbin quit working for Bryan (or was fired) within three months moving from Portland to SoCal.

Kelsey and Corbin probably got used to Missy bankrolling their life. I think Bryan was fed up and cut them off.
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. I think Corbin and Bryan were a toxic combination. Jeff working as Bryan's "assistant" ruined their relationship, and the Johnsons were legit related to Missy. Bryan and Missy used their fair share of people trying to get to the top of the vlogging world. I don't think they are innocent in this scenario. I think Missy wanted them to move to SoCal so she would have a baby girl to play with, and she convinced Bryan to hire Corbin and she gave them financial help. They were friends from way back, so I believe she really wanted to help them. But Corbin is a jerk, and thinks he's better than everyone else, and Bryan needs his "assistants" to suck up. Bad combination. Remember how Jeff used to always post on IG about how amazing Bryan was as a singer and pretty much everything else? Corbin probably thought he was better than Bryan and said so.
Just my theory.
It seems like they still keep in touch with the Johnsons...at least somewhat. Maybe Jeff left because their channel grew quite fast? They have 1.3M subs. C&K have been stagnant at 250K for several years now.

I don't like Missy and Bryan at all, but they didn't really seem to use people to get to where they are. Not like SO MANY other YTers. Both Ellie/Jared and Cullen/Katie tried to buddy up to the Butlers on many, many occasions. The first time I saw Missy was when she an invited guest on TMV.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't really recall them using other YTers for views or subs. Other people totally use them and they have been nice about it...well, until Kelsey and Corbin.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

TellAll wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:18 pm Bryan and Missy are off camping. I can only imagine how pissed Corbin and Kels must be. “These City slickers really bought an RV and are camping? They don’t know a damn thing about traveling and camping”! Image
"City slickers"? Boise is a way bigger city than where the Lannings live. But I would guess Corbin is VERY jealous. He totally hates that house and wishes they were living on the road again.

But...he's also the one who pushed Kelsey to get pregnant again. He's nuts!
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

I see they disabled their comments again

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

spiralstatic wrote:I see they disabled their comments again Image

Everyone’s comments are disabled again. I noticed it yesterday.

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

They just re-uploaded their video. I refuse to watch their bullshit clickbait garbage. Wonder what they leaked this time with lazy editing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

PirateWench8 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am

It's a choice. It's not YT. Lots of other family vloggers have them on. YouTube allows them to be on if the YTer moderates them—several YTers have explained this. Some family vloggers choose to keep them off because it's "too much work."

I think Corbin likes them off because he's lazy. He also mentioned they are going on vacation, so he probably can't moderate them from a houseboat and turned them off again. Also, he can fake "YT TURNED OUR COMMENTS OFF AGAIN!" When really it's just him.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

rosie_dalia wrote:

It's a choice. It's not YT. Lots of other family vloggers have them on. YouTube allows them to be on if the YTer moderates them—several YTers have explained this. Some family vloggers choose to keep them off because it's "too much work."

I think Corbin likes them off because he's lazy. He also mentioned they are going on vacation, so he probably can't moderate them from a houseboat and turned them off again. Also, he can fake "YT TURNED OUR COMMENTS OFF AGAIN!" When really it's just him.
Some channels definitely had them turned off again. Phil and Alex who whine about having no comments in every vlog got them back and freaked out over it. They were off again on this last vlog. No way they’d turn them off themselves. A few other small youtubers I follow mentioned similar things...numerous channels who were ecstatic to have comments back on wouldn’t just turn them off the again because they didn’t want to moderate. Maybe YouTube was doing a test run, idk. C&K definitely mess with theirs on their own but I wouldn’t be surprised if YT actually had theirs off again.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Tiger27 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 am
rosie_dalia wrote:

Some channels definitely had them turned off again. Phil and Alex who whine about having no comments in every vlog got them back and freaked out over it. They were off again on this last vlog. No way they’d turn them off themselves. A few other small youtubers I follow mentioned similar things...numerous channels who were ecstatic to have comments back on wouldn’t just turn them off the again because they didn’t want to moderate. Maybe YouTube was doing a test run, idk. C&K definitely mess with theirs on their own but I wouldn’t be surprised if YT actually had theirs off again.
Maybe, but at least Ellie and Jared AND Cullen and Katie said it was completely up to them. They could turn the comments on if they were moderating them.

It could be that some people turned them on and it was too much work.

Regardless, Corbin is TOTALLY turning them off/on on purpose.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm
rosie_dalia wrote: They got matching henna tattoos once.

Just my theory.
It seems like they still keep in touch with the Johnsons...at least somewhat. Maybe Jeff left because their channel grew quite fast? They have 1.3M subs. C&K have been stagnant at 250K for several years now.

I don't like Missy and Bryan at all, but they didn't really seem to use people to get to where they are. Not like SO MANY other YTers. Both Ellie/Jared and Cullen/Katie tried to buddy up to the Butlers on many, many occasions. The first time I saw Missy was when she an invited guest on TMV.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't really recall them using other YTers for views or subs. Other people totally use them and they have been nice about it...well, until Kelsey and Corbin.
They collabed with a lot of people. The Kims, the Ballingers, Bratayley (although when Caleb died, Bryan couldn't pronounce "Bratayley" right,) Bryan used to tweet Shay Butler all the time. And Roman Atwood. And they went to every vlogging convention there was. Maybe that's just hustle.
I absolutely agree that C&K used B&M. I also believe that Corbin had no idea how hard Bryan hustled to get their channel off the ground, and thought that since they were so much "better" than B&M, that people were going to line up to watch them, and sponsors would follow. And he probably was vocal about it. Bryan is thin skinned to begin with. I can't imagine those egos colliding was a good thing.
The thing is, that yeah, people probably do use B&M. But they seem like they love having people suck up to them too. They seem to like being magnanimous because it makes them look good, not because they want to help people just to help them.
But like I said, this is all pure speculation. Unless someone spills the tea, nobody is going to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

justmeelinex
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justmeelinex »

Of course Corbin needs credits for doing laundry.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

justmeelinex wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:39 pm Of course Corbin needs credits for doing laundry.
Why do so many YTers complain about laundry??! It's not like they are washing items by hand and line drying them out in the yard!! It's totally FREAKING easy!! FFS, I did three loads yesterday and it was just when I had time. It's not a big stresser! They must live the most LAZY life if laundry is a big issue.
booboo2017
Informer
Informer

Unread post by booboo2017 »

What happened between them and daily bumps? What thread do I go back and read?

sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sasha186 »

The faked thumbnail of Kelsey pretending to be concerned about maybe having contractions is making me want to throw up.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

So she’s saying “10 weeks until baby” because they want to have everything checked off their to-do list by 38 weeks, but it definitely just makes it sound like they are confused about their due date. And teasing labor at 28 weeks is another example of distasteful clickbait. That would be very serious and require a long NICU stay. It's a slap in the face to everyone who actually has to deal with premature labor and high risk pregnancies.

As someone who is in the thick of it now, I would love to know everything on their to-do list besides “shampoo carpets” and “put together nursery” (What nursery? Do they mean cleaning all the toys out of their daughter’s room to make room for newborn things?).

I wonder if more established channels with networks were able to negotiate with YouTube to keep comments turned on with moderation if they chose to do that. I know that Katie and Cullen’s channel has taken a nose dive and I have no idea if they still have a network. But they made a big deal about having a network when Katie’s channel was deleted, saying that they never would have gotten it back on their own because YouTube essentially refused to help them until the network stepped in. I could see larger channels with more clout getting preferential treatment. Kelsey and Corbin definitely don’t have that. I find it hard to believe that they’re disabling comments on their own at this point. It’s hurting their views and their engagement.

I wonder if his parents helped with the down payment and are continuing to help with the mortgage payment in exchange for Corbin working with his father’s business. I have no idea what his father does or if the business still exists, but people here have mentioned that he has some sort of construction company. They are most likely are on some sort of assistance to pay for health insurance and perhaps more, but the existence of the house and the mortgage is a bit perplexing. How did they qualify? How do they continue to make payments?
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Corbin's father and older brother appear to own a pool company. Corbin has also said his dad's work is mainly in the summer...so that would make sense. I don't know if Corbin's mom works. Kelsey's mom obviously does.

It seems like Kelsey's side of the family doesn't want to appear in vlogs anymore. I can't remember the last time her dad was around (was he even at the gender reveal?). You'd think they'd be around more now that they all live in the same city.
TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... 3a2d49.jpg[/IMG]
Missy is in Boise ImageImageImageImage

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

They do not want her mom at the birth. Nor missy but that is a given. But no to her mom is telling. Corbin is such a tool.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”