E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

Unread post by ba1006 »

As expected, they deleted many of the negative comments but left in a few of them. Earlier there weren't many positive ones but now there are some. They probably posted those themselves - haha.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIG60 »

It should be a wake up call that they insulted viewers who work harder than them and care for children who are sick etc... Such a passive aggressive response from Ellie. Do you noticed Jared rarely responds to negative remarks or maybe I'm missing his responses?
This has been a problem with YouTubers. They don't take constructive criticism and respond in a manner that respects their viewers opinions and to me, their channel that was on a slow decline, will go down quicker and recent higher view numbers, I think Jared is doing some buying.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ohnonotme wrote:To give him his due, Jared at least sucks up the negative comments on his IG. Not saying he’s telling the whole truth or not with his replies, but he’s no deleting every single one. Unlike his SIL who can’t distinguish between concern and criticism, and probably can’t spell either of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He’s deleted tons of comments. There were far more earlier.

Most of the Griffiths learned how to delete and censor FROM Ellie and Jared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote:It should be a wake up call that they insulted viewers who work harder than them and care for children who are sick etc... Such a passive aggressive response from Ellie. Do you noticed Jared rarely responds to negative remarks or maybe I'm missing his responses?
This has been a problem with YouTubers. They don't take constructive criticism and respond in a manner that respects their viewers opinions and to me, their channel that was on a slow decline, will go down quicker and recent higher view numbers, I think Jared is doing some buying.
The increased views definitely aren’t from their more recent vlogs, so if they are legit views, it’s kids out of school watching older videos. School is back in soon, so those views will drop.

Plus they should ask themselves why the old vlogs get more attention than the new ones. What do people get out of them that isn’t there now? That said, I think he’s just buying views on old vlogs to make it less obvious.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Oh for goodness sake ellie no one wants to hear about iuds from whatever money hungry quack you are currently obsessed with....okay I need to get off social media because I've rolled my eyes more times today than I have the past month

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparkle lemon »

Ellie went and got herself a "can I speak to your manager" haircut. Too funny. :D
Ljs
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ljs »

Refrigerator_Light wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 am Wow! So I just read online that Ed Smart, Elizabeth Smarts Dad, has come out as gay and is divorcing his wife! They were devout Mormons and he has changed his beliefs so he doesn’t have to stay closeted (his words).

It’s so sad that he had to live so long being untrue to himself (married to a woman and having 6 kids), all because of the LDS church.

I truly wonder what Jared’s future will be like...
Literally why I came on here. I read it and Jared popped in to my head. And I don't watch these guys anymore. I'm so glad Ed Smart is getting to live his truth. I've been very impressed with both him and his daughter all these years for speaking out. I wish him all the best, he must be so frightened.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Next it’ll be down to 1 (sponsored) video a week.

Going from 7/week to 3/week.... as a parent of 3 kids yikes. Especially after they already literally killed Ellie’s channel by turning into the joke of a bollie channel. Back in the day before I found this site I actually really enjoyed her personal channel.

Luvthetube
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Luvthetube »

Ckc717 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:23 pm Next it’ll be down to 1 (sponsored) video a week.

Going from 7/week to 3/week.... as a parent of 3 kids yikes. Especially after they already literally killed Ellie’s channel by turning into the joke of a bollie channel. Back in the day before I found this site I actually really enjoyed her personal channel.

I watch YouTube on my tv, and I have subscribed to channels on my phone, but can’t do it from my tv. When people stop posting I stop watching because I forget about them. My guess is they are wanting to move away from YouTube because they know they are fizzling out anyway and are moving to another platform, pod casts, whatever he bought that new phone for, who knows?

I just fast forward thru all sponsored stuff, Bolle talk, camera talk. It’s a bummer though because the Saturday one will be a big commercial. That Big lots one was soooo bad!
offthecuff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by offthecuff »

I am glad that they are taking steps to try and better their situation/struggles.

What I am hearing most from people is the struggles they have pale in comparison to most people's lives. I understand that their issues may be a huge deal in their eyes and relevant to them..... but it is hard to sympathize sometimes, because it seems as if they cannot handle anything. I have no babysitters, no family around me to help with my children and I stay at home/work at home full time. Plus many other things I do from home.... so I hear Ellie complain she needs to focus and I'm like.... dang.... she has family everywhere to help ease her burdens... what is she complaining about?!

So even though I can't relate, I will have to respect that Ellie must have deeper issues that I originally thought and cannot make it through the day without being propped up by everyone.

Is that mean?! LOL
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

So Ellie thinks cutting down to 3 days is going to help her with anxiety and enable her to have baby #4? Once those smaller youtube checks come in, Jared will be scrambling to get more sponsors to pay the bills. Babies mean doctor appointments, diapers, clothes, etc., more expenses. Either Jared will have to get out and work, or they will have to go back to 4 or 5 days of vlogs. I don't see Bollie being able to support The Hoelleins and The Mechams the way youtube supports them. Ellie makes it seem as if "working" is an interference in her life, talk about being ungrateful to the viewers that have given her this lifestyle. Jared does the editing, uploading, so occasionally Ellie picks up the camera, other than that, I don't see it being a full time job for her. She does her IG short story, answers a few comments, please, that's not a F/T job. Ellie needs to remember where she came from and be grateful for the life she now has.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Of course today's vlog is sponsored by LG.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

On Jared’s Instagram story he tells Jackson he can pick anything he wants to do today and Jared has to do it. Jackson picks buying a bouncy ball.

On Ellie’s story she mentions that Jackson took two quarters out of his hard earned money to buy a ball for himself AND Calvin. So the thing Jared did for him was just physically to take him to get the ball? He couldn’t even spare the $0.50 to just buy a ball for both his kids given that it was the only thing Jackson asked for? Maybe I just spoil my kids, but that makes me so incredibly sad.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

Jackson will be able to buy his dirtbike by the time he's 20. It's a shame he used to be such a happy and adorable little guy. Now he just seems to be sad and frustrated and I can't blame him. The way they treat him is ridiculous.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

131618 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm 20190816_160343.jpg20190816_160326.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This might be their reality in the near future.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I have a question. When they first launched Bollie, wasn’t their plastic makeup case like 300.00?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I almost feel bad for Jared. Based on his responses to the IG criticism, it’s pretty clear he’s trying to make both Ellie and the fans happy. He really cant win. People are saying they support the decision, but hope for less vlogs with ads. This just won’t happen. Less vlogs mean they will need to make up the money somewhere. Ellie won’t adjust her lifestyle. Plus another baby means they will need even more money, not less.

Jared definitely purchased subs yesterday in anticipation for people unsubbing. They started out way up in the morning (atypical) and stayed in the positive all day, despite a ton of people saying they were unsubbing. Most days they are lucky to average 75 new subscribers, but somehow based on yesterday’s vlog they gained 168 despite people unsubbing? Very unlikely. He’s buying subs for sure. Currently for today they have lost more than they have gained.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Catface2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 am I have a question. When they first launched Bollie, wasn’t their plastic makeup case like 300.00?
No they were $119. So what is going to be their fall line with Bollie? I haven't seen them mention anything but the Spring line.

On Jared's post yesterday, one person commented that she didn't think the decision to cut back was a united decision. Jared responded to most of the negative comments but not that one. I think that confirms this was Ellie's idea. I have a question and don't want to listen to it again. Did Ellie say she did a facetime type appt with her therapist? If so, she couldn't find something local for that either! I personally think Ellie should have mentioned in the little talk that the reason she wanted to cut back was to have another baby!

I listen to quite a few podcasts and all but one are sponsored now. I am sure that is what E and J are going to do now, especially since they are setting up a podcast room! Yeah, it's going to more ad vlogs-Jared has no choice financially!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

So if they hadn’t lucked out on YouTube would Ellie demand Jared cut back his Verizon hours to part time so she could have her fourth baby?
She’s always adamant that they would have this lifestyle regardless if YouTube happened, how does she figure that? What does she think Jared would be doing for work that allows him to “work” 3 days a week from home? And I use work loosely, not because I don’t believe YouTube is work but because I don’t believe it’s a full days worth of work. At best I think Jared works 1.5 a week on YouTube/YouTube related things. (Although I do believe he spends FAR more time then that in his office doing other things...).

I also think it’s interesting that Jared has left AND responded maturely to most of the criticism on istangram, meanwhile Ellie has obviously deleted any critical comments. I wonder if she’s telling Jared there aren’t any coming in on her post and using that to sway him into believing a larger number of people are ok with the changes?

I just don’t see how posting 3 days a week will be enough to sustain their lifestyle. Even with other ventures (podcast, Bollie, sponsors). Theyre only a commodity in those areas of their YouTube channel is relevant. And from the looks of things nobody wants to watch 3 videos a week, that are over a week old and full of #ad. This is really the end for them. I wonder what their plan is. Well what Jared’s plan is, Ellie seems to think the money will always flow.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

I wouldn’t count on living off podcast money. They haven’t posted a podcast since April. They aren’t consistent with that either. They can’t stick with anything anymore. Everything is too much work for them these days.

On another note, I noticed that even though ruby is the oldest she is looking the very best these days. Ellie and Bonnie are looking crazy weathered old and haggard but ruby is looking more youthful than ever.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”