Epik Brandons - So Stinkin' Oily | Part 3 | The Epik Life

Carissa
Informer
Informer

Re: Epik Brandons - So Stinkin' Oily | Part 3 | The Epik Life

Post by Carissa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 am

Bekkaz wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

There is NOTHING wrong with Ezrah having a bath with his younger siblings - male or female. At that age, their genitals are just another body part.
My daughter didn't discover modesty until about 10.5years old where she requests we don't enter the bathroom if she's in the shower and wants privacy when getting changed. My other daughter (just turned 9) is copying her big sister re: modesty but also has no issues with stripping off fully in front of myself, her dad, her sister or her Nan. There is nothing sexual about siblings of that age being naked together.
I don't agree at all. And most pediatricians would agree with me. They aren't both "that age". He is seven years older and a much older boy shouldn't be bathing with a younger girl. And I'm not talking about the older child's modesty. That's not the point.

Neysa is only doing it because she's lazy. She's also very, very naive.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:04 am

Yeah, I have to disagree with you too. Cozi is literally a baby. Ezrah would see her naked when she’s being changed, being bathed, being dressed etc anyway - how is them sharing a bath any different? I DEFINITELY think Neysa is wrong to post footage of them in the bath together on the Internet for the whole world to see, but I don’t see the problem with two young siblings bathing together. Attitudes towards nudity are largely cultural. For many people nudity is not always a sexual thing. I’ve seen my Dad naked thousands of times because he walks from the shower to his bedroom to get changed without putting on a towel. Some people would find that weird or gross or inappropriate, but for myself and others it’s completely normal. Go to a country like Germany and they couldn’t care less about public nudity at a beach or gym let alone a naked kid in a bathtub. Parts of Asia are much the same - in the popular Japanese children’s movie My Neighbour Totoro the Dad has a bath with his two daughters, the eldest being school-aged, and it’s completely innocent. I think when we start sexualising nudity in non-sexual contexts it only encourages unhealthy thoughts in deranged people. It creates a taboo that I feel if anything would increase the risk of sexual abuse. You end up with families like the Duggars. Why would seeing his naked baby sister confuse Ezrah? She’s just a baby.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:11 am

Of course, if a child ASKS not to share a bath with their siblings, that’s a completely different story. They shouldn’t be forced to bathe together if they decide they’re uncomfortable with it. Anyone should be able to request privacy at any age. Consent is important.
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Post by Carissa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:27 am

Ya'll really think Neysa is supervising Ezrah in the bath with Cozette? I doubt it very much; he is likely there to do the supervising while she does her beloved laundry. She's a toddler and he is an 8 year old boy. There is absolutely no good reason to look for trouble. None.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:11 pm

She should definitely be supervising them!! I remember how horrified I was a couple of years ago when she would leave Ebby and Shepherd unsupervised in the bath. They were both far too young to be left alone, and a lot of people commented on this, saying it was dangerous and irresponsible and that Ebby (only 3 or 4 years old at the time) was not a lifeguard for Shepherd. Neysa then played it down (just like she’s always lying about them using seatbelts). 4 year olds have drowned in tubs or watched younger siblings drown in tubs without alerting parents, because they have no idea that anything is wrong until it’s too late (and possibly not even then - they have no concept of death at that age). She really is a negligent parent in many ways. In one of the last YouTube vlogs she didn’t even know which area of the house Shepherd was in. She just assumes an older sibling is watching him, but when she shouted down to the basement “is Shepherd down there?” one of the boys replied that they didn’t know. Turns out he was, but the fact that Neysa doesn’t even know where a child that age is and whether anyone is responsible for him is shocking. It’s not like she left him in the living room watching TV for a little while - she just genuinely has no idea where her kids are. In Utah even Ezrah (remember he was only in 1st grade) would leave on his bike and not come home for hours and he wasn’t always with Shiloh or Kai. I’m in favour of age-appropriate unsupervised play for kids but Neysa is crazy. Her kids are running around pouring oils into shoes and driving off into the sunset and she just trusts that they won’t get injured.
natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:51 pm

^ And they DO get injured. Ezrah's arm being a prime example! I know kids break bones and it can happen to the best of us, but Ezrah was really in a precarious situation balancing on a deck chair or some other contraption as I recall. Even Neysa knows (I hope, although I'm not entirely sure) that oils won't heal broken bones...
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

She only knows it when the bone is poking out of the arm. If it was a fracture you can’t see then she would have delayed treatment for sure. Like Hanni’s wrist.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:19 am

Also, Neysa, for the record:

“The coating is a safe, natural part of the fruit. Known as the "bloom," the waxy, silvery-white substance on the surface of grapes, blueberries, and certain plums acts as a barrier against insects and bacteria and helps to seal in the fruit’s moisture.The bloom is also a sign of freshness, since it fades with time and handling.”

Stop showing us the same video of you using oils to strip the natural coating off fruit and then claiming it’s pesticides and “chemicals”. It’s not. By all means wash your fruit and vegetables, but if your oils are strong enough to strip natural layers off things maybe you want to stop boasting about how safe and gentle they are 🙄
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Post by Carissa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:12 am

So they brought Ezrah and Shiloh to the fair and some of the rides scared them.

"We totally over estimated their innocence."

What does that even mean, Neysa? Do you mean you overestimated their confidence? That sentence might make at least some sense.

Further, being uncomfortable on certain rides has nothing to do with "innocence". I've ridden on one roller coaster in my life and I'll not do it again. And I'm not remotely "innocent".
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Not to mention that Ezrah wasn’t scared of the big rides. He was excited to try them, he enjoyed himself on the ride, and he was excited when he got off. He only cried because Shiloh started crying (Shiloh obviously isn’t a scary rides sort of person, just like many fully grown adults aren’t). Rather than remind Ezrah that he’d enjoyed himself and encourage him to try another big ride later on when he’d worked back his confidence, she just let the kid believe he’s terrified of certain things because it conforms with her ridiculous idea of “innocence” and being so stinking cute. That really annoyed me. And poor Ezrah breaking into tears because his older brother was crying - when else does he look to his older siblings for cues for when to be frightened? It’s all a bit disturbing.
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Post by Carissa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm

NotHateButUhh wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:30 pm
Not to mention that Ezrah wasn’t scared of the big rides. He was excited to try them, he enjoyed himself on the ride, and he was excited when he got off. He only cried because Shiloh started crying (Shiloh obviously isn’t a scary rides sort of person, just like many fully grown adults aren’t). Rather than remind Ezrah that he’d enjoyed himself and encourage him to try another big ride later on when he’d worked back his confidence, she just let the kid believe he’s terrified of certain things because it conforms with her ridiculous idea of “innocence” and being so stinking cute. That really annoyed me. And poor Ezrah breaking into tears because his older brother was crying - when else does he look to his older siblings for cues for when to be frightened? It’s all a bit disturbing.
She showed some clips of Ezrah having an absolute ball. If he cried, I agree, it's because Shiloh was crying. Neysa loved the fact that both boys broke down. Which is sick, IMO. There's no shame in Shiloh being scared, but encouraging Ezrah - who is clearly a pretty fearless kid - to behave in a way that she favorably considers "innocent" or "sweet" or indicative of a "gentle heart" is simply not right. I don't think Neysa can deal with the fact that her kids are individuals or that some boys are aggressive and rough and tumble. Just like some girls!
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 am

Totally agree. She’s sick.
MelE
Talker
Talker

Post by MelE » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:27 am

Did Neysa really claim in her most recent instagram post that they used to follow the Classical Conversations curriculum very strictly? BAHAHA she's got such a warped sense of reality it's insane.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:35 pm

I believe she actually did, but it was loooooong time ago. When she first pulled the kids out of public school and started homeschooling they did Classical Conversations. Back then she only had 3 kids who were school/preschool aged and 2 of them (Hanni and Shiloh) are to this day her most academically inclined kids, so I’m sure it was a lot easier for her. Shiloh wouldn’t have been formal school age when she started, so really she only needed to teach Hanni and Kai. I strongly suspect that the initial decision to pull the kids out of school was Jason’s, and that Neysa probably put in a genuine effort with the traditional homeschooling early on. I don’t think she’s homeschooled the kids properly since, and I sincerely doubt that she ever will again.

Neysa was an awkward and naive teenager from an abusive background with no education when she got together with Jason, but she was relatively normal back then. She didn’t want a huge family. She wanted to send the kids to public school. She wanted to work. These days Neysa has definitely drunk the Kool-Aid but I think early on she was being controlled and their relationship was bad. If only she’d been able to leave him, but he made sure to marry someone who has no one to turn to (not even his own family) and no home base to go back to. I’m certain the reason they pulled the kids out of school is that because Hanni had become more independent and less of a daddy’s girl and Jason just couldn’t take it. Every time they talk about why they chose to homeschool, they ONLY mention Hanni, but she was in grade 3 when they started homeschooling and Kai is only a grade lower than her so he obviously went to public school for 2 years. If they were smart, they would tell people that KAI wasn’t thriving and needed a different approach, because THAT would be believable. But the reasons they give are all about their little GIRL and all about control and have Jason written all over them.

On the preschool thread recently Neysa wrote:
“Her personality was very out going and she did love preschool, but if I had a do over, I wouldn’t have sent her. By the time we started homeschooling in 3rd grade, she didn’t even have the best relationship with us, and I realised all those years we weren’t even raising her fully, she was learning and developing into a person I didn’t even know. Bad habits developed. She was being raised by peers and teachers, which I might add, were not always good.” Like I said: CONTROL.

It reminds me of a documentary I saw on a Jewish family where the husband had several wives and all their children living under the same roof. They’re presented as a very normal, very loving family despite their unusual beliefs and household. It’s partly from the perspective of his young (10 or 11 year old) daughter, and then they drop the bombshell that the wife she calls mommy is not her biological mother. The girl is obviously very confused about this is, and they explain to her on camera that one of the other wives is her real mother. When she was a young baby, she apparently took a dislike to her father. The husband’s explanation of this is truly nuts. You know how all babies go through a clingy phase where they just want mom? That’s clearly all this was, and this guy could not stand it. He plucked the child from its biological mother and gave her to another wife to raise (under the same roof), because she was clearly not the best mother for the child (it didn’t stop him impregnating her again and taking those children off her, too). Then he said weird things about how mothers annihilate their children’s love for their fathers and just generally implying that women are all sinful and evil. And it’s just this very bizarre, very disturbing insight into this man’s control over his family while the rest of the documentary shows an outwardly very normal picture. If you’d edited that part out, you’d think “gee, their beliefs might be different to mine but they’re certainly making it work for them. What happy, well-balanced, intelligent children” Honestly, I think of Jason this way. I think Hanni came home from school talking about friends he didn’t know, jokes he didn’t get, ideas he didn’t approve of, and he lost it. He tore her away from outside influences, and just like he forbade Neysa from working he forbade his children from going to school. Neysa probably tried to homeschool them as well as she could early on. I’ve seen videos of the kids when they were much younger, and it certainly seems like they were following the Classical Conversations curriculum very strictly. The kids were actually learning something back then. Now Neysa is as nutty as Jason. Those kids are never going to learn anything until Jason needs Neysa to work full time on the Young Living stuff and suddenly their opinion on public schooling changes.
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Epik Brandons - So Stinkin' Oily | Part 3 | The Epik Life

Post by gopedjane » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 am

Except that last year she promoted Classical Conversations like crazy. We all know it only lasted like a month that she spent more time shopping for pretty dresses and sewing them for cozette than she did educating any of her children. She is lying now trying to make it like they actually accomplished a year of school last year but they were no where near finished. This is downright abusive in my mind.

Both Parents are to blame and Neysa appears to have some mental health issues that she needs to deal with. The obsession with the youngest because she is a girl is unhealthy and they only meet these children’s basic needs and love to make it like they are the ideal family. They are not in their right minds. Education is so important. I can only hope these children break free or Neysa leaves her husband with the children.

There is a book I want to read named Educated by Tara Westover. It reminds me of these children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:59 am

Oh, absolutely she’s lying about having homeschooled last year. They lie about everything. Their attempt at Classical Conversations last year was pathetic. The kids haven’t had any proper schooling since they pulled them out of public school in Utah (at the time they said it was the kids decision, but now when asked if they’d allow any of their children to attend public school they outright say no they wouldn’t). Neysa is lazy and has too many children to even keep track of where they are, let alone educate them.

I’ve been wanting to read that book too!! Sounds really interesting.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:04 am

I don’t think that they do meet the children’s basic needs. I don’t think they’re given proper meals. They aren’t given proper medical care. They aren’t given an education. They aren’t given supervision. I mean, they have books, toys, clothing and a roof over their heads, but there’s a lot missing.
MelE
Talker
Talker

Post by MelE » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 am

NotHateButUhh wrote:I don’t think that they do meet the children’s basic needs. I don’t think they’re given proper meals. They aren’t given proper medical care. They aren’t given an education. They aren’t given supervision. I mean, they have books, toys, clothing and a roof over their heads, but there’s a lot missing.
This! Neysa always prided herself on how happy her children are, but they’re only that happy because they don’t realize everything they’re missing. The younger children probably don’t even realize that most people leave their house most days. Or that when most people are feeling yucky, they rest or take medicine rather than lather up in oils. Or that while most kids are growing up, they are being challenged with new skills and information that will be invaluable later in life. Neysas kids have none of that. It makes me sad to think about hanni and kiah getting older with almost no chance at holding a job. Especially kiah.

Carissa
Informer
Informer

Post by Carissa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:17 pm

MelE wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 am
I don’t think that they do meet the children’s basic needs. I don’t think they’re given proper meals. They aren’t given proper
This! Neysa always prided herself on how happy her children are, but they’re only that happy because they don’t realize everything they’re missing. The younger children probably don’t even realize that most people leave their house most days. Or that when most people are feeling yucky, they rest or take medicine rather than lather up in oils. Or that while most kids are growing up, they are being challenged with new skills and information that will be invaluable later in life. Neysas kids have none of that. It makes me sad to think about hanni and kiah getting older with almost no chance at holding a job. Especially kiah.
Hanni too. I think she's 15 any day now. They can delude themselves into thinking she needs no more life skills than cooking, cleaning, and baby-making, but that's BS. It was bullshit in my mother's day and it was bullshit in my grandmother's day. My grandfather found another woman during the war, and my grandmother ended up divorced with three little kids. And yes, she had to work to survive her whole life.

Not to mention the fact that Hanni 1. May not find a suitable beau (high odds here given their limited interaction with kids their age) or 2. May actually start having some aspirations to move from home, married or not. And her parents cannot force her to stay home in three short years.

No matter, she is not prepared to take care of herself any more than her brother is. Neysa, your number 1 job as a parent isn't to make sure they giggle a lot and get to avoid school every day. Your most important job is to make sure they are prepared for life. I'm sorry you had an unhappy childhood, but your reaction to it has warped your understanding of parenthood. Just being the opposite of your mother is not good parenting. Sure, you want your kids to have lots of fun during their childhood, but as they slowly get older, they need life skills. They need to learn to function independent of the family. This means developing social skills and getting educations, whether it be learning a trade or getting a PHD in astrophysics.

These kids are being prepared for nothing, and unfortunately, I think that's what Neysa wants. They actually said in one of their podcasts that if Hanni doesn't get married she can stay home and help work whatever pyramid scheme they are doing at the moment. I can't even....
Gigi7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Gigi7 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

I agree with everything said.

I think Neysa had some ideas and values that she changed over time to fit with Jason’s. And probably thinks she changed her mind on her own like personal growth but it was just a way of making the marriage work.

I’m sure she loves all her kids. But just as I’m sure of that I’m sure she’s making terrible decisions regarding her kids. No proper education, no proper health care, no relationships, mandatory babysitting their younger siblings. that’s a way of stealing a child’s childhood as well.

I think parents have the responsibility not only to raise good people but to raise useful people as well. They should reach their full potential. Neysa and Jason are setting their kids back. Maybe one of them could be the best surgeon ever or the most talented writer or whatever. But they won’t because they have little chance if they don’t have an education. Not to mention zero chance of going to university. What if one of her little ones is gifted? Their talent is wasted. And if it’s a girl then their talent better be cooking

PS/Edit: remember her buying all that camping stuff? They never used it, right? I don’t remember any stories or videos or posts about it. I mean yeah in the patio but really use it
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Post by Carissa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Gigi7 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

PS/Edit: remember her buying all that camping stuff? They never used it, right? I don’t remember any stories or videos or posts about it. I mean yeah in the patio but really use it
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that camping gear never saw anywhere near the the patio or the living room. I swear they love blowing money for no reason. It was never a practical idea for the entire family. Neysa said she'd never been camping even once and she has two very little kids who probably would not do well. Jason could have taken some of the older kids, but Ebby is a Momma's boy and Shiloh seemed not interested in the idea. (and the smart boy seemed to know it would never happen.)

But now Hawaii is back on! Never mind living on the same street as her sister in Ohio. Maybe spending a week with her helped her rethink that.
Bekkaz
Informer
Informer

Post by Bekkaz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 pm

What I don't think Neysa realises is that she is almost parenting the same as her mum and the kids will be as messed up as Neysa feels re: her childhood. There are different reasons behind why they (Neysa and Neysa's mum) are parenting the way they are/did, but in the end it's the same lifestyle. No school, no socialisation, cooped up at home, no teachings off the outside world, no encourage to better yourself unless of course in the case of Neysa's kids, to have great character (can't build a life on character without some skills and quals behind you!).

I do wonder if N&J are getting worse due to the fact the world is getting more liberal and we all know they are anti anything they don't view as moral or from the bible. Even 5 years ago trans people didn't have the same support as they do now. Hanni was starting to think that LGBTQI+ wasn't so bad - hence she was quickly pulled from school.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 am

The way they were pulled from school suggests that you’re right. They didn’t finish up the term or anything. They just randomly pulled them out in the middle of the semester and then tried to tell us all it was the kids decision when Shiloh and Hanni clearly didn’t want to leave. Now they say that if any of the kids asks to go back to public school, they aren’t going to let them. It’s definitely about control and conservative religion, not about educational philosophy.

You know how when people are debating abortion (pro-life or pro-choice), the pro-life argument often comes up that “what if the child had grown up to be the next Einstein? What if the child cured cancer or AIDS or was a great musician?” Well, no doubt Neysa and Jason are pro-life and yet they have living, breathing children who you could ask the same question about. What if Shiloh is a musical prodigy? What if Kai could grow up to be a world class engineer? What if Hanni could be the next JK Rowling? What if Cozette has a passion for women’s health and cures ovarian cancer? You’ve given life to these children, but you aren’t allowing them to live. You aren’t providing them with the education they need to meet their potential. You aren’t teaching them to think. You’re teaching them to obey.
natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 am

gopedjane wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 am
Except that last year she promoted Classical Conversations like crazy. We all know it only lasted like a month that she spent more time shopping for pretty dresses and sewing them for cozette than she did educating any of her children. She is lying now trying to make it like they actually accomplished a year of school last year but they were no where near finished. This is downright abusive in my mind.

Both Parents are to blame and Neysa appears to have some mental health issues that she needs to deal with. The obsession with the youngest because she is a girl is unhealthy and they only meet these children’s basic needs and love to make it like they are the ideal family. They are not in their right minds. Education is so important. I can only hope these children break free or Neysa leaves her husband with the children.

There is a book I want to read named Educated by Tara Westover. It reminds me of these children.

I've read Educated. I've been wanting to reference here for ages now but have been hesitant because I didn't want to seem too extreme, but I'm honestly starting to feel like there are connections between the two families' stories. There is a lot of serious abuse (physical, emotional, etc.) in Educated and I'm not in a position to imply that it's happening like that in Neysa's home, but there is something about the way the author, Tara Westover, was raised, and the way the Brandons are raised that is certainly similar in some ways. The essential oils theme is a huge one in Educated! It's a good, albeit troublesome read. I'd certainly recommend it.
NotHateButUhh
Talker
Talker

Post by NotHateButUhh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks for your review. I want to read it even more now!

Return to “A-H”