Tannerites/YAWI

thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites/YAWI

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

I doubt public schools are able to "kick people out" without major circumstances but maybe their previous district finally put their foot down about them taking the kids out of school all the time. I know there were at least two instances (and probably more) last school year where Johnny and Sarah took the kids out of school to go on vacation. It's disgusting how little Johnny and Sarah seem to care about the kids' education. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah was somewhat serious about Allie dropping out of school as she probably thinks she doesn't need a diploma to be a housewife/mother/Youtuber. Youtube fame isn't going to last forever so these kids need a good education so they can grow up and get real jobs unlike their parents.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Oh those poor kids have no hope, I'm guessing they did this so they can take endless trips and not worry about the kids missing school and the fact that Johnny likes to control everything! I am also guessing that the older ones are going to be left to deal with the younger kids while "Mom and Dad" go off during the day to run errands because for some reason Sarah can't manage to do that stuff alone.
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

So, according to today's video, all the kids are being home schooled except for Allie. They didn't say anything explaining their reasoning behind it other than that it 'feels' like the right thing to do. I just don't get it? :?

As an aside, is anyone else curious how they can afford such a big, expensive house and all those kids? They put down 20% as a down payment, so they can apparently afford to spend over $100,000 on that without needing to sell their house first or anything. Their regular Disney trips don't appear to be sponsored/paid for, though they might be (I don't usually watch their videos in detail).
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

Well if they homeschool the other children the same way they do with Daniell i feel sorry for them. Hanging on a chair is no way to do school work. To homeschool 4 children you need a parent who watch them, helps them and stays with them during school time. Never saw them do that with Daniell.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 am
i_just_cant wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am
LuckyCharm wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 am Are the kids being homeschooled? Every school I’ve ever seen has lists of school supplies. They all just seemed to buy whatever and they even made a comment about having no list and it being a free for all. I’m thinking that they are going to maybe announce that they are homeschooling which is scary for the little ones.
They totally are. They posted about it on Instagram. They haven't specified "who" yet, but probably Az based on the picture. What was the point of registering them in school then? All of these spur-of-the-moment decisions must be so confusing to the kids. Branson said he was homeschooled for 3 years, Daniell for 2 years, and now they're doing it again. Whatever "problems" they're having in a traditional school setting won't be fixed just by sitting at home.
They are definitely concealing something....or are just complete idiots incapable of expressing themselves and/or registering their children for school. Allie registered for her classes many months ago on a vlog. The way she is talking about how suddenly her counselors "won't let her graduate from her school with her friends" on the first day of school is just misleading, unless she was expelled, or she is no longer a legal resident there. A couple of weeks ago, Sarah announced that all the kids would be starting school and implied they were registered in their new town. Then all of a sudden on the first day of school she mentions that NONE of the kids could be registered. Who waits until school starts to figure it out. She was just going to travel around to the 3 local schools that day and see if she could wedge her 6 kids in late? Why did she only try the high school on the vlog if none of the kids were registered?

Maybe this is all a long con on the viewers to try and rationalize home schooling. They said they moved due to education and work/life balance. You'd think they would have managed to get their kids to school on the first day, considering this is the entire reason for uprooting their lives. They obviously didn't even speak with the schools. Finding a way to eliminate more parenting responsibilities (like getting your kids to school every day) would certainly make life easier for Johnny and Sarah. Sucks for the kids though. If "work" is just filming your life, I don't know how moving to a new house/school would change that, unless the new district doesn't require the kids to show up to school, thus giving them unlimited freedom to nap, workout, travel, etc.....someone did mention they moved to be near other YTers....does that district not require traditional school attendance?
Their schooling at home would be considered as school attendance. No state requires that one must choose the traditional public,private,trade school,etc path.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ctx2002 wrote:So, according to today's video, all the kids are being home schooled except for Allie. They didn't say anything explaining their reasoning behind it other than that it 'feels' like the right thing to do. I just don't get it? :?

As an aside, is anyone else curious how they can afford such a big, expensive house and all those kids? They put down 20% as a down payment, so they can apparently afford to spend over $100,000 on that without needing to sell their house first or anything. Their regular Disney trips don't appear to be sponsored/paid for, though they might be (I don't usually watch their videos in detail).
I think Johnny has family money/investments. And YouTube pays pretty well, or at least it did for a while. According to Social Blade they have close to 9,000,000 views for the last 30 days. Image It's just wrong that people can make that kind of money exploiting their kids.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

ctx2002 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 pm So, according to today's video, all the kids are being home schooled except for Allie. They didn't say anything explaining their reasoning behind it other than that it 'feels' like the right thing to do. I just don't get it? :?

I'm pretty sure Johnny didn't work outside the home several years ago when they were just starting up YT, so I have always assumed he had some sort of business or income that he may have continued working on the side even as YT became more lucrative. But who knows.
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

I wonder how long homeschooling them will last? We should all be excited and stay tuned for their super awesome special homeschooling room! 🙄 I had to literally cringe when Sarah was telling Allie that she’s one step closer to becoming a Disney princess. My husband was in the room when she said that and he turned to me and asked if that was supposed to be a joke. I then had to explain Allie to him lol
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

I’m not shocked AT ALL that they’re home schooling the kids. I feel like Johnny and Sarah are trying to isolate the kids.
A year and a half or so ago Johnny made a comment about wanting to pull all of the kids out of school so they could have more family time. Another time Daniell had to finish some school work and Johnny and Sarah yelled at her because it was quiet time or something like that after Church. Daniell made a comment about not being able to hang out with her friends and Johnny said that she needed to understand that the 45 minute drive to where *whom ever they were talking about* is far and that he and Sarah had things they needed to do and can’t drive her to her friends. Now they live 4 hours away from their old home. So at least 3 hours and 15 mins from her friends or 4 and 45 minutes depending the direction the friend lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

Tizzy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:35 pm Johnny is a complete dickhead. I feel so bad for Danielle. Today’s vlog just pissed me off.

The neighbours called the police on Charlie because he was left home alone barking for a few hours on and off and Johnny told the kids if the police ever had to come again because of Charlie he’ll just give him away on the spot. “It’s not a 3 strike rule, it’s 2 strikes!” Are you freaking kidding me? Charlie is still obviously dealing with the grief of polar dying, not to mention he’s just moved to a new environment and he’s probably just stressed the hell out. It can take months for a dog to get over the loss of a companion mixed with being home alone in a new environment.. He’s suffering from separation anxiety, you idiot. Then he punishes Charlie to spend all night in the backyard, alone.

I pray they don’t put a bark collar on him or even consider getting him debarked. They should talk to a veterinarian.. maybe there’s something that could help ease his anxiety or even give correct advice on him to handle his barking behaviour.

Poor Charlie :(
My dog was three when she lost her companion/our older dog at the time. She went from a bouncy, lively puppy to an old dog overnight. Animals really do greave just like humans do and show their emotions in different ways. She's nine now and hasn't gotten any less grumpy. She even growls/nips at people when they bother her which she never did before. (I have scars on my hands to prove it) Regardless, I love her and would never get rid of her because I consider her FAMILY. Charlie is probably barking because he is lonely and scared. If Johnny ever gets rid of that dog for barking when the problem could easily be fixed I will officially label him as a scumbag. These people should NOT own pets.

Speaking of pets... anyone know what happened to their rabbit? Haven't seen him since they moved. Probably got rid of him because he was an inconvenience while moving...
Notsure
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Notsure »

What a hot mess family. This whole thing sounds fishy to me. I think since they r renting that house out they still are residents of Provo. Also i think they missed enrolling their kids in school. Open enrollment is spring and late goes till the Friday before school starts. I think they just missed enrollment which what in the world?!

The Disney princess thing made me laugh. Sorry girl you aren’t a face. There is certain things casting looks for and just doesn’t fit it. Maybe college program cashier or ride operator but I just don’t see her doing anything with face characters.

Also wow all of Carl and Ginger’s kids have gained a lot of weight since I last watched them. 😳

And again with the carbs Mac and cheese for the kids lunches at home school? Those poor kids were better off in a normal school not this homeschool crap just for their parents benefits.

Also what is branson doing? No college, no job just a manny?

Their house also is just so awkward. It looks like an old vacation rental. Also no beds yet still for the little girls?

I’m glad the cops got called on them for their dog. It’s how many degrees out and obvi that house doesn’t have a “climate controlled dog house”. The world doesn’t revolve around johnny and when he gets bumped down to you aren’t anything special throws a temper tantrum or throws a temper tantrum to his family. We know where canyon gets it from.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I agree that this whole mess seems really "off". A big move is usually vlogger gold, but this family is lying and hiding things at every opportunity. They come off as manipulative and idiotic. It's almost like some major life event they can't share has prevented them from addressing normal topics. What was the point of pretending they were registered/registering in their district, school supply shopping etc. only to admit that they were lying to us all along along and will be home schooling them all now? They can't even keep their story straight. Johnny said he had no idea where all the kids will even do their homeschooling, but Sarah had to correct him as he already revealed the new homeschooling room they are renovating. Also, why act like you have no way for the kids to all get their work done because they don't have computers for them, then reveal 5 new laptops the same damn vlog. I can't take this poorly manufactured drama anymore. It is not exciting/interesting and makes them look desperate and disheveled. They even admitted that they failed to get through homeschool orientation day. Seriously, what is so pressing that THREE stay-at-home adults can't get the kids into school?

During the house tour a week ago, Johnny showed us the "funnest" room, which they were renovating. He said that it would be "so absolutely exciting for his family", fans, friends and "hopefully other people". I sincerely hope they are not opening up a homeschool for other people's children as well. They are going to screw their own children up enough. Lizzie announced it was a toyroom and showed us her Barbie drawers, Az showed us the car cupboard. Did they make their children lie too, or was this homeschool idea a last resort after legitimately failing to register their kids? Savannah seemed to have an authentic surprised cheer when Sarah announced it to the camera. Is the official story really that they had to move their family to St. George just to homeschool them (with zero thought or preparation)? They didn't even tease it as a big reveal for views, they were just like "we lied" the day after public school started, just like when they only announced the move because their house was empty and the truck was there. The whole thing is bizarre. I wonder if we will ever figure out the reason for all the deceit.

Oh, and I think Branson's only job is trying to find a wife. When he was back to school shopping and wanted an arcade game (they brought him and forgot Daniell at home), Johnny asked him if he thought it would help him get a date. His daily schedule of trapping bugs and lizards and annoying people with them seems to keep him pretty busy though.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Well if their kids weren't going to be ill prepared enough for the real world, now they are going to homeschool most of them...those poor poor children. In my opinion, they are classic LDS. Most LDS families raise lots of kids to do nothing but get married and pop out more kids. Their older 3 have so little ambition and the other will be the same way and homeschooling them and sheltering them(because you know that's what homeschooling is going to look like for them) is only going to make that worse.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

GGF1987 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:45 am Well if their kids weren't going to be ill prepared enough for the real world, now they are going to homeschool most of them...those poor poor children. In my opinion, they are classic LDS. Most LDS families raise lots of kids to do nothing but get married and pop out more kids. Their older 3 have so little ambition and the other will be the same way and homeschooling them and sheltering them(because you know that's what homeschooling is going to look like for them) is only going to make that worse.
I thought Sarah said they were all getting homeschooled? It seems weird that Allie is only taking 3 art electives and seminary at the high school. No wonder her old school wouldn't let her graduate with only choir, theater and music classes! I hope she has some real subjects as well like english, history, math and science. Although if she is homeschooled, she will likely be responsible for all the other children along with Daniell and not learn anything anyways. What a cluster....
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
GGF1987 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:45 am Well if their kids weren't going to be ill prepared enough for the real world, now they are going to homeschool most of them...those poor poor children. In my opinion, they are classic LDS. Most LDS families raise lots of kids to do nothing but get married and pop out more kids. Their older 3 have so little ambition and the other will be the same way and homeschooling them and sheltering them(because you know that's what homeschooling is going to look like for them) is only going to make that worse.
I thought Sarah said they were all getting homeschooled? It seems weird that Allie is only taking 3 art electives and seminary at the high school. No wonder her old school wouldn't let her graduate with only choir, theater and music classes! I hope she has some real subjects as well like english, history, math and science. Although if she is homeschooled, she will likely be responsible for all the other children along with Daniell and not learn anything anyways. What a cluster....

I was thinking and can totally be wrong but maybe Allie is doing actual high school and not home school but only received the laptop because the other kids did? Or her plan at her old high school was to do online school (through the high school) and still did her “fun” electives and that made her eligible for other school activities?
I think their home school room could be really great if they got a desk for each child and was able to make it their own space WHILE being on a routine. I think the previous poster is spot on about there being missing pieces of stuff that they’re hiding. They only reveled that they moved because people would have noticed.
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

So Johnny says school is gonna be on each kids own time. Um how about keeping them all on a actual schedule!? Or will this just give the parents an excuse to sleep in everyday and take 100 naps a day?
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

LuckyCharm wrote:So Johnny says school is gonna be on each kids own time. Um how about keeping them all on a actual schedule!? Or will this just give the parents an excuse to sleep in everyday and take 100 naps a day?
They’re not. The kids are going to constantly behind and barely finish work.

mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

Lolislol26 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 am
LuckyCharm wrote:So Johnny says school is gonna be on each kids own time. Um how about keeping them all on a actual schedule!? Or will this just give the parents an excuse to sleep in everyday and take 100 naps a day?
They’re not. The kids are going to constantly behind and barely finish work.

I agree, thats how it goes with Daniell. The past is the best predictor of the future. Daniell did homescholing on the beginning of them posting video's and even then nobody was watching her even though she was doing elementry school then. They just find it good enough to score just enough to pass the year.
Cp99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cp99 »

It pisses me off so much that canyon is doing preschool at home AND on a computer. This kid NEEDS the routine and structure of going to preschool and meeting other kids. Why is a 4 year old even using a computer ?? Learning through a computer is not going to teach you how to write the damn alphabet and numbers ! That stupid test he was doing on the computer irked me so much. ‘Click the letter R, click the letter F’ how about WRITE the letter R and WRITE the letter F! Ugh who am I kidding this kid still shits in his pants for Christ sake.

Don’t even get me started on Branson, he’s an adult (hard to believe by the way he acts) and he has no job or isn’t studying ?!?! Just complete laziness.

If Allie really wants to become a Disney Princess then she needs to start taking intense acting, singing and dancing lessons. She is going to get absolutely no where without that experience behind her and she’s in for a big shock if she thinks she can get away without it. So naive...
:love2: :HK:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cp99 wrote:It pisses me off so much that canyon is doing preschool at home AND on a computer. This kid NEEDS the routine and structure of going to preschool and meeting other kids. Why is a 4 year old even using a computer ?? Learning through a computer is not going to teach you how to write the damn alphabet and numbers ! That stupid test he was doing on the computer irked me so much. ‘Click the letter R, click the letter F’ how about WRITE the letter R and WRITE the letter F! Ugh who am I kidding this kid still shits in his pants for Christ sake.

Don’t even get me started on Branson, he’s an adult (hard to believe by the way he acts) and he has no job or isn’t studying ?!?! Just complete laziness.

If Allie really wants to become a Disney Princess then she needs to start taking intense acting, singing and dancing lessons. She is going to get absolutely no where without that experience behind her and she’s in for a big shock if she thinks she can get away without it. So naive...
Canyon SO needs structure and socialization. Every time he acts out, they laughingly say "Oh, no Canyon!", film it, look at the camera and shrug like "what can we do?" And then upload it. Ummm, you could parent your child.
And I seriously think Allie thinks she's going to walk right in to Disneyland, and the HR people are going to look at her and say "Cinderella (or Aurora, or whomever she's fantasizing about being)! It's you! She's perfect! Get this girl a costume!" She has NO IDEA what is required to be a Disney princess. And she has her heart set on it. Who does that? Gets all excited about a job, but does absolutely no research on what is required to qualify for said job?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Return to “Q-Z”