E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

And again, if Ellie believes she has depression she needs to see a dr, in person, get a diagnosis and get on a treatment plan and stick to it.

Ellie has never said she’s been diagnosed with depression, has she? It’s always just her self diagnosis. Utah has a high percentage of people taking antidepressants so I would bet that if she spoke to a real Dr about it she would have been prescribed something by now. And if she had been prescribed something we would for sure hear about it.

But, instead Ellie is chasing some hormone imbalance and fleeing from “dr” to “dr” because nobody is telling her what she wants to hear.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Uncontrollable shaking, puts herself to bed at 2pm, husband out of town and she is losing her mind on SM... sounds like all of my friends who are being cheated on and knew about it.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

scojacar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by scojacar »

Yeah depression doesn’t come and go with vacations. I spent 3 weeks on a vacation to Italy lying in bed for half the day. One day I didn’t leave the apartment at all—I stayed in bed and watched Netflix for 24 hours. In Rome. I felt lazy and ungrateful as hell, because I knew many people would kill to be on an Italian vacation, but I just couldn’t bring myself to get out and do stuff. There are no distractions from depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cgl33 wrote:Depression can flare up. You go through depressive episodes so that’s not true but that’s not what I’m talking about. I have major depressive disorder and understand this very well. Disney is my happy place. When I’m there, the depression is still there but I act happy because I am. I imagine it is similar with Ellie. Traveling is a good distraction. Having something to do with Bollie is a good distraction. It gets you focused on something else. Read up on boredom and depression. Also, cognitive behavioral therapy is often making plans to be productive. Exactly what Bollie does for Ellie, even though I’m not a fan.
I get what you are saying about Disney. This is the one vacation I can go on and completely relax. Beach vacations don’t even do it for me. Disney is a controlled bubble where there is nothing to worry about, everyone around you is happy (kids and husband lol) and there is nothing to worry about at all. I get how this can be your happy place because you are happy. It sounds like you’ve been diagnosed by a professional, but Ellie hasn’t. What she seems to have is a chronic unhappiness with her own life. This isn’t something she is likely to escape from ever.

I just watched an interview with Tom Sizemore where he talked about his success and his spiral downward. He said success is isolating and he turned to drugs as a sort of friendship. The more successful he got the less he was exposed to “real people.” He never had to pay for anything and started to feel entitled. He also had a deep worry that it could all go away in an instant. I really do think this is what we are seeing with many YTers.

Personal: My husband has anxiety that shows itself in chronic worry. If one problem is solved, he will almost search for something else to worry about. If he isn’t worrying about something, he worries he’s missing something. He recently reached a point in his career where he can no longer even convince himself he needs to worry about money. He has it all. What has happened is he now is convinced his health is going to become an issue and he’s going to lose everything that way. Success is great, but for some people it can actually escalate their anxiety because they have so much more to lose, and kicks farther to fall. January is no doubt creating a lot of stress for E&J, but I just don’t know if Ellie has legit anxiety or depression. Her reluctance to see a real doctor (and her admission that the real doctors she has seen all disagree with her) is highly suspect.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Ckc717 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:20 am In Bonnie’s vlog her and Joel are waiting in the car for Ellie and Jared and they’re like what is taking so long. Joel says “filming a clip or fighting... probably fighting.” They weren’t doing their annoying joking voices. He was actually serious. Very telling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah you could tell both Joel and Bonnie were serious when Joel said that. Bonnie said it looks like they are arguing. When Bonnie said something about the delay when E and J got in the car, Ellie said they were "talking". Sounds like B and J were right. Very surprising that it was in the vlog.

Ellie needs to see an actual doctor-one face to face instead of all the internet stuff. She has a dermatologist because of the skin biopsy so why didn't she talked to that doctor about her skin in yesterday's vlog. To explain to Ellie why the insurance is probably not covering all this blood work is they usually cover these complete health panels only once a year. The doctor's she is seeing, like the first one she started with isn't covered either I don't think.

I have a question about something she said. Is hypothyroid an auto immune disease and if not properly treated could cause other auto immune disorders?
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

onbreak wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am Uncontrollable shaking, puts herself to bed at 2pm, husband out of town and she is losing her mind on SM... sounds like all of my friends who are being cheated on and knew about it.

Ellie has some very bad qualities but I do have a lot of sympathy for her. She was a very naive high school girl when she started dating a grown man. There’s no way she could’ve known what she was getting into and her parents failed miserably at guiding her into adulthood.

I imagine her self-esteem regularly takes hits in her marriage, beginning with their disaster of a honeymoon.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

We can completely agree that she needs to see a real doctor, not a chiropractor who took a course on hormones or a youtube doctor. She is looking for something else because she is likely determined that it will fix all of her problems, like a magic bullet. Like her mental health issues are only a symptom of something else, that it’s not the real issue causing the other problems.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

scojacar wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am Yeah depression doesn’t come and go with vacations. I spent 3 weeks on a vacation to Italy lying in bed for half the day. One day I didn’t leave the apartment at all—I stayed in bed and watched Netflix for 24 hours. In Rome. I felt lazy and ungrateful as hell, because I knew many people would kill to be on an Italian vacation, but I just couldn’t bring myself to get out and do stuff. There are no distractions from depression.

Just as that is your experience, I’m saying mine is different. I’ve been diagnosed with major depressive disorder. Not every moment is spent in bed. Some things still make me happy. A few months ago I was suicidal. The night that I went to the hospital, hours before I was out to dinner with a friend laughing. There’s a pastor that committed suicide recently. He was at his son’s ball game the day of or day before and his family had no clue he was that bad off. I’m just saying, depression isn’t always spent in bed.

And if anyone is considering suicide, there is help. I’m America, our national hotline is 1-800-273-8255 available 24/7. I can’t mention suicide and not add that.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Z3phyr wrote:
onbreak wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am Uncontrollable shaking, puts herself to bed at 2pm, husband out of town and she is losing her mind on SM... sounds like all of my friends who are being cheated on and knew about it.

Ellie has some very bad qualities but I do have a lot of sympathy for her. She was a very naive high school girl when she started dating a grown man. There’s no way she could’ve known what she was getting into and her parents failed miserably at guiding her into adulthood.

I imagine her self-esteem regularly takes hits in her marriage, beginning with their disaster of a honeymoon.
Let’s not make it sound like Ellie was a child and Jared was some experienced old man. She’s only 3 years younger than him. She was 18 and he was 21, just back from a mission and probably not any more experienced/wise to the world than she was. If anything, she may have had more experience with the opposite sex, innocent as she’d like to portray herself.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Z3phyr wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 am

I must have missed it...what happened on their honeymoon?
me_too926
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by me_too926 »

Whatever happened to Ellie's glasses? She said she HAD to get glasses because of her headaches. Bought a ton of glasses, and got a sponsor deal out of it, now never wears them? Those glasses were ugly! But we never hear about it now.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Cgl33 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 am

Just as that is your experience, I’m saying mine is different. I’ve been diagnosed with major depressive disorder. Not every moment is spent in bed. Some things still make me happy. A few months ago I was suicidal. The night that I went to the hospital, hours before I was out to dinner with a friend laughing. There’s a pastor that committed suicide recently. He was at his son’s ball game the day of or day before and his family had no clue he was that bad off. I’m just saying, depression isn’t always spent in bed.

And if anyone is considering suicide, there is help. I’m America, our national hotline is 1-800-273-8255 available 24/7. I can’t mention suicide and not add that.
This, so much.

Let's remember depression isn't one size fits all, just like treatment isn't the same for everyone.
As much as we dislike Ellie, let's not have biased opinions on an issue that is so complex not even medicine is able to completely grasp it.
Depression manifests itself in many different ways, in different levels and it's different to everyone and to everybody's personality.
you can call me kath.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Vlog4money wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am
Z3phyr wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 am

I must have missed it...what happened on their honeymoon?
Try won’t say. Jared wanted to do a podcast on it , but queen Ellie said no. Some people speculate they both had no clue what they were suppose to do. Some people speculate Ellie didn’t want to have sex, and some people speculate Ellie was explosive diarrhea sick, some day Jared told her he was Bisexual? 🤷🏻‍♀️ But they always act like they are going to talk about it by hinting then back off and won’t say anymore.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

We don’t know what happened on their honeymoon but they’ve hinted that it was sexual that made it so bad. I think Ellie would say she had explosive diarrhea if that was the case. I don’t think she would say they needed lube or she cried because it hurt. But we can only guess.
geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geezlouise_99 »

Cgl33 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 pm We don’t know what happened on their honeymoon but they’ve hinted that it was sexual that made it so bad. I think Ellie would say she had explosive diarrhea if that was the case. I don’t think she would say they needed lube or she cried because it hurt. But we can only guess.
What video or part was this on?
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

kathpt wrote:
Cgl33 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 am

This, so much.

Let's remember depression isn't one size fits all, just like treatment isn't the same for everyone.
As much as we dislike Ellie, let's not have biased opinions on an issue that is so complex not even medicine is able to completely grasp it.
Depression manifests itself in many different ways, in different levels and it's different to everyone and to everybody's personality.

I agree. There seems to be many opinions of “her anxiety/depression doesn’t look like mine or my friends, so it isn’t reality she’s just a spoiled brat”. Like you guys mentioned, mental illness can manifest in numerous ways. She appears happy on vacations but has admitted to being very anxious on them before. I don’t think it’s crazy or unheard of to experience more or less symptoms based on her situation (whether she’s home alone or out and about). I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt, there’s a lot we don’t see nowadays with their vlogging style.

I absolutely believe Ellie when she says she has anxiety and depression based on all I’ve seen from her. These could be symptoms of a different mental health disorder or just alone. Some people think she’s depressed because her life isn’t living up to what she dreamt up or she shops because she doesn’t give a shit about money and is just a spoiled brat. Some of this may just be her personality (which I’m in no way excusing her personality), but you can’t watch those stories last night and tell me she’s not very mentally fragile. This lack of fulfillment from her life, compulsive shopping, doctor shopping, physical symptoms, and disordered eating can all just be symptoms of one or more mental illnesses. I don’t think the laundry list of symptoms she describes/we see can just be written off as she’s a spoiled brat who’s unhappy she has to work. I don’t think she’ll feel better until she seeks out legitimate mental health care.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

angelfire89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 am
Z3phyr wrote:

Let’s not make it sound like Ellie was a child and Jared was some experienced old man. She’s only 3 years younger than him. She was 18 and he was 21, just back from a mission and probably not any more experienced/wise to the world than she was. If anything, she may have had more experience with the opposite sex, innocent as she’d like to portray herself.
I'm pretty sure they were both virgins on their wedding night. Bonnie said something once about asking Ellie if their mother talked to her about sex and she said no. I also remember Jared saying his dad talked to him about sex the night before his wedding. Someone asked their nephew Chad if he was a virgin and he said yes - their religion wants them to wait until marriage.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Honestly. I would hope Chad is a virgin. He's only 14. But the honeymoon story has been alluded to in podcasts and asides mostly. They don't ever actually talk about it, but imply it was "awful". Nobody knows exactly why, because they won't say.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geezlouise_99 »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:22 pm Honestly. I would hope Chad is a virgin. He's only 14. But the honeymoon story has been alluded to in podcasts and asides mostly. They don't ever actually talk about it, but imply it was "awful". Nobody knows exactly why, because they won't say.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
what podcast is this under
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

ba1006 wrote:
angelfire89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 am
Z3phyr wrote: Ellie has some very bad qualities but I do have a lot of sympathy for her. She was a very naive high school girl when she started dating a grown man. There’s no way she could’ve known what she was getting into and her parents failed miserably at guiding her into adulthood.

I'm pretty sure they were both virgins on their wedding night. Bonnie said something once about asking Ellie if their mother talked to her about sex and she said no. I also remember Jared saying his dad talked to him about sex the night before his wedding. Someone asked their nephew Chad if he was a virgin and he said yes - their religion wants them to wait until marriage.
I absolutely believe they were both virgins. Referring to experience, Ellie has talked about working certain places just to talk to boys and how many boys she (and Bonnie) have kissed. Being on a mission since right out of High School, I would assume Jared wasn’t getting a whole lot of kissing done before Ellie.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”