E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

amyfalafalagain
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

Unread post by amyfalafalagain »

Cgl33 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 am I do think Ellie is depressed and I think vacations and traveling are a distraction. She might have anxiety too. When she has purpose that takes her out of the house, it distracts her. It makes sense. With depression, it’s important to remember it’s not always people crying and sitting in a room. But her low energy, crying fits, bad thoughts, etc all fit depression. She probably had ppd that wasn’t treated.

There’s no excuse for sharing that woman’s name and unleashing her followers on them. No excuse.
I think she's depressed and has many many unresolved issues, needs to mature, needs to take responsibility... but when she says "my anxiety was through the roof" I really believe she's mixing up her words. I think she's overwhelmed. I think it's stress. Not anxiety. She's overwhelmed with the responsibility of being married, being a parent, being responsible, not being a baby anymore herself... Many people mix up anxiety with being overwhelmed. Its not a bad thing, they just need to see a proper doctor to help them through this. We know Ellie is full of shit with self diagnosing.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Not to get off-topic and into an area that would be against the rules here. If the Mormon religion teaches that masturbation is forbidden, it's possible that J + E were completely naive about how their bodies work. A friend shared a reddit with me on the topic and there were numerous stories of guys not making it where they should and it taking days to get things in the proper spots (again, not wanting to get graphic, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

I am surprised Ellie isn't wanting to share specifics, but Jared is willing to talk about it. Makes me think it is more embarassing for Ellie than for Jared.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think she's overwhelmed too. She is all over the place with her Instagram stories. I find it hard to believe that they had no clue about sex. Or even talked about sexytime before hand. Knowing them, it's the stupidest thing ever that happened on the wedding night.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Vlog4money wrote:Not to get off-topic and into an area that would be against the rules here. If the Mormon religion teaches that masturbation is forbidden, it's possible that J + E were completely naive about how their bodies work. A friend shared a reddit with me on the topic and there were numerous stories of guys not making it where they should and it taking days to get things in the proper spots (again, not wanting to get graphic, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

I am surprised Ellie isn't wanting to share specifics, but Jared is willing to talk about it. Makes me think it is more embarassing for Ellie than for Jared.
There's a lot of speculation that their "infertility" was more ignorance about conception than actual infertility.

Sorry to the person asking which podcast they mention it during, but I don't recall. Maybe someone else does?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

^^
I'm sure it was one of the first ones... The first or second one. But really, they don't say much.
you can call me kath.
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

Ellie is a spoiled brat, who likes attention. Her kids would get more attention if she was suddenly fine.
I am not unsympathetic if I thought she had a genuine issue. I believe it's for attention.
(I have had depression and anxiety is a constant issue I have learned to control somewhat, so I am not speaking without some knowledge)
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

LumpyDays wrote:Ellie is a spoiled brat, who likes attention. Her kids would get more attention if she was suddenly fine.
I am not unsympathetic if I thought she had a genuine issue. I believe it's for attention.
(I have had depression and anxiety is a constant issue I have learned to control somewhat, so I am not speaking without some knowledge)

Yes but you have knowledge of how those disorders affect *you*. Depression and anxiety can manifest in numerous ways or just be the symptoms of another disorder. I’m not saying I don’t think she’s an attention seeking, spoiled brat, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t suffering from a mental health disorder. People with questionable parenting and crappy personalities still can have mental health issues. It’s entirely possible those qualities are exacerbated by a mental health issue. It adds to the stigma of mental health disorders when you write someone off who says they’re suffering, even if they’re as annoying as Ellie. She may not use the right words to describe her symptoms and she may doctor shop for a new ailment every week because she is convinced there’s a physical reason for why she feels bad (and I believe she physically feels bad too, but it’s probably a symptom of disordered eating and/or a mental issue), but that doesn’t mean her feelings aren’t legitimate to her and should totally just be dismissed. I think she’s going about getting care completely wrong and will never feel better at this rate, but I still stand by believing her when she says she is suffering with anxiety and depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

It’s interesting that Ellie’s mental health is always excused and sympathized with, whereas Bonnie is referred to as crazy and has minimal sympathy. Arguably they both show signs of mental illness (malingering/eating disorder vs possible bpd and addiction), but where Ellie is doctor shopping for a diagnosis she can be happy with (because let’s be real here, if she could get a chronic fatigue diagnosis she’d be happy, not sad), Bonnie appears so deep in denial she’s completely unsupported and unaware.

I can’t help but wonder if the sympathy is because Ellie appears more fragile and babied (whereas the perception is that Bonnie is the more masculine partner in the relationship) or if it’s simply because Ellie hasn’t had as many body modifications so people don’t have as much reason to hate? I’d like to remind posters that we are talking about ELLIE and not your depression or anxiety issues. We have definitely seen enough issues, inconsistencies and lies from Ellie to be critical and doubtful of her dialogue. I really think that “woe is me” video was largely a manipulation to guilt Jared since he had just posted an IG story where he was out having a great time. She had to get his attention back and did in a large way that also could have negatively impacted their channel. I think it’s kind of people to have empathy for Ellie, but she wouldn’t have even a moment of empathy for someone else in her same situation. She wants to be catered to and taken care of, and her sickness ensures her children can’t ever steal her spotlight.

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

angelfire89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 am
Z3phyr wrote:
onbreak wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am Uncontrollable shaking, puts herself to bed at 2pm, husband out of town and she is losing her mind on SM... sounds like all of my friends who are being cheated on and knew about it.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Ellie has some very bad qualities but I do have a lot of sympathy for her. She was a very naive high school girl when she started dating a grown man. There’s no way she could’ve known what she was getting into and her parents failed miserably at guiding her into adulthood.

I imagine her self-esteem regularly takes hits in her marriage, beginning with their disaster of a honeymoon.
Let’s not make it sound like Ellie was a child and Jared was some experienced old man. She’s only 3 years younger than him. She was 18 and he was 21, just back from a mission and probably not any more experienced/wise to the world than she was. If anything, she may have had more experience with the opposite sex, innocent as she’d like to portray herself.
The post was in response to the way that someone might react if they were previously betrayed or cheated on. I tried to be vague because some people are sensitive, but I highly doubt if Jared cheated on Ellie that it would be with a woman. Who knows what he’s done in the past or what has been revealed to Ellie.

18 yr old girls that come from normal families are still pretty naive; I can only imagine how naive the Griffiths girls were. Her parents probably cared more about marrying her off than giving her any real advice or guidance. She probably thought that since she and Jared were such good friends and that he babied her and kissed her ass that he’d be a great choice.

So here she is years later with three kids. How could she have known what she was getting into? Even if Jared was honest with her from the beginning, she can’t have understood how the dynamic would affect her self-esteem. She might be angry and long for a life with a man who is sexually attracted to her or to someone she doesn’t have to suspect or be paranoid around. That’s just my take on it. I’ve known a few women who’ve gotten involved with gay men, willingly and unwillingly. It really did a number on their self esteems.

One thing that’s for certain: Ellie isn’t fragile or submissive. That Griffiths clan is staunchly matriarchal. No matter what they say, they chose men who would fall in line. They may not respect them for it, but they’re too dominant to function any other way.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

me_too926 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:19 pm Whatever happened to Ellie's glasses? She said she HAD to get glasses because of her headaches. Bought a ton of glasses, and got a sponsor deal out of it, now never wears them? Those glasses were ugly! But we never hear about it now.
How ironic you mention this yesterday and now she complaining her eye pain has magically come back! She must have forgotten that was one of her many “health issues” until she read it here, because all know she does.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

So by 2pm she has no energy, her anxiety peaks and she has eye pain. Could it be that Jackson gets home from school at 2 pm and the kids need to be fed a snack? She just wants an excuse to retreat to her bedroom until they are in bed at 6:30.

She also probably needs to drink more water. Dehydration and poor nutrition can cause the worst headaches.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

HelloSweetie wrote:It’s interesting that Ellie’s mental health is always excused and sympathized with, whereas Bonnie is referred to as crazy and has minimal sympathy. Arguably they both show signs of mental illness (malingering/eating disorder vs possible bpd and addiction), but where Ellie is doctor shopping for a diagnosis she can be happy with (because let’s be real here, if she could get a chronic fatigue diagnosis she’d be happy, not sad), Bonnie appears so deep in denial she’s completely unsupported and unaware.

I can’t help but wonder if the sympathy is because Ellie appears more fragile and babied (whereas the perception is that Bonnie is the more masculine partner in the relationship) or if it’s simply because Ellie hasn’t had as many body modifications so people don’t have as much reason to hate? I’d like to remind posters that we are talking about ELLIE and not your depression or anxiety issues. We have definitely seen enough issues, inconsistencies and lies from Ellie to be critical and doubtful of her dialogue. I really think that “woe is me” video was largely a manipulation to guilt Jared since he had just posted an IG story where he was out having a great time. She had to get his attention back and did in a large way that also could have negatively impacted their channel. I think it’s kind of people to have empathy for Ellie, but she wouldn’t have even a moment of empathy for someone else in her same situation. She wants to be catered to and taken care of, and her sickness ensures her children can’t ever steal her spotlight.

It doesn’t always have to be a Bonnie vs Ellie issue. Their apparent mental health problems present very differently and they handle them in totally different ways. It’s not crazy to think people will respond more negatively or positively to one or the other or that different posters will view a situation differently. I think both of them are “crazy”. I don’t see Ellie as more deserving of sympathy because she’s more fragile or feminine or had less body modifications or whatever you’re implying. Ellie has received no shortage of hate and snark for her actions of how she’s gone about seeking care, from me included. It’s talked about because she is sitting there literally telling us she has a problem that actually fits with how she has acted for years. Ellie’s making attempts to get help (in the wrong ways) so there’s something to discuss there. Whereas Bonnie also seems on the verge of a break down but we are just watching it play out with complete denial from her that anything is wrong. I’ve absolutely felt for Bonnie in that she ended up with a pill happy doctor(s) that continue to prescribe her medication she shouldn’t be on.

You are the one who’s implied Ellie’s anxiety is not like anxiety you’ve ever seen before in yourself/friends and therefore it’s not legitimate. My point is, as I’ve said, her anxiety and depression are real to her and she might not consistent or naming the symptoms right or going about getting treatment correctly, but she’s admitting there’s a problem. I don’t think that, in addition to all the concerning behaviors we’ve seen over the years, mean all her symptoms can just be dismissed as her having a shitty personality. You can suck as a person AND have mental health issues. Her behaviors can all be symptoms of or exacerbated by an actual issue. Most people seem to agree she could have an eating disorder...anxiety and depression can absolutely accompany that. I just can’t completely write it all off as attention seeking behavior and not legitimate in any way. I absolutely stand by her (and Bonnie...) needing to see a legitimate psychiatrist for intensive therapy and medications.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:32 am So by 2pm she has no energy, her anxiety peaks and she has eye pain. Could it be that Jackson gets home from school at 2 pm and the kids need to be fed a snack? She just wants an excuse to retreat to her bedroom until they are in bed at 6:30.

She also probably needs to drink more water. Dehydration and poor nutrition can cause the worst headaches.

I came here to talk about her post. Guess that's all we are going to hear now. I lot of mothers don't feel well and have pressed on through anyway.

The vlog today with all their screaming at the beginning-I'm getting about where I can't watch them period! That and the constant Bollie pushing. At least they did figure out if they want other people to buy their stuff, it helps if the creators actually wore the products! That first dress they designed, Ellie wore it in the extra Easter vlog last year, and I believe that was it!

At least Ellie did get a ticket and not a warning! :D
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Sickandtired wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 am
me_too926 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:19 pm Whatever happened to Ellie's glasses? She said she HAD to get glasses because of her headaches. Bought a ton of glasses, and got a sponsor deal out of it, now never wears them? Those glasses were ugly! But we never hear about it now.
How ironic you mention this yesterday and now she complaining her eye pain has magically come back! She must have forgotten that was one of her many “health issues” until she read it here, because all know she does.
That's hilarious. Let me see, it's been a while since Ellie talked to Aunt Linda. Let's see if she mentions her this week.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Tiger27 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:It’s interesting that Ellie’s mental health is always excused and sympathized with, whereas Bonnie is referred to as crazy and has minimal sympathy. Arguably they both show signs of mental illness (malingering/eating disorder vs possible bpd and addiction), but where Ellie is doctor shopping for a diagnosis she can be happy with (because let’s be real here, if she could get a chronic fatigue diagnosis she’d be happy, not sad), Bonnie appears so deep in denial she’s completely unsupported and unaware.

It doesn’t always have to be a Bonnie vs Ellie issue. Their apparent mental health problems present very differently and they handle them in totally different ways. It’s not crazy to think people will respond more negatively or positively to one or the other or that different posters will view a situation differently. I think both of them are “crazy”. I don’t see Ellie as more deserving of sympathy because she’s more fragile or feminine or had less body modifications or whatever you’re implying. Ellie has received no shortage of hate and snark for her actions of how she’s gone about seeking care, from me included. It’s talked about because she is sitting there literally telling us she has a problem that actually fits with how she has acted for years. Ellie’s making attempts to get help (in the wrong ways) so there’s something to discuss there. Whereas Bonnie also seems on the verge of a break down but we are just watching it play out with complete denial from her that anything is wrong. I’ve absolutely felt for Bonnie in that she ended up with a pill happy doctor(s) that continue to prescribe her medication she shouldn’t be on.

You are the one who’s implied Ellie’s anxiety is not like anxiety you’ve ever seen before in yourself/friends and therefore it’s not legitimate. My point is, as I’ve said, her anxiety and depression are real to her and she might not consistent or naming the symptoms right or going about getting treatment correctly, but she’s admitting there’s a problem. I don’t think that, in addition to all the concerning behaviors we’ve seen over the years, mean all her symptoms can just be dismissed as her having a shitty personality. You can suck as a person AND have mental health issues. Her behaviors can all be symptoms of or exacerbated by an actual issue. Most people seem to agree she could have an eating disorder...anxiety and depression can absolutely accompany that. I just can’t completely write it all off as attention seeking behavior and not legitimate in any way. I absolutely stand by her (and Bonnie...) needing to see a legitimate psychiatrist for intensive therapy and medications.

She could also be buying diagnoses and malingering for attention. It could all be lies to manipulate. Ellie shells out THOUSANDS for hormone tests that aren’t helping, but can’t be bothered to interrupt movie night to take her baby to urgent care after he stops breathing. It doesn’t add up. Anxious and concerned about her health she may be, but this anxiety certainly doesn’t apply when it comes to the health of loved ones.

My point is, it’s a discussion justified and worth having, without trying to shame people for not being sensitive enough Image.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sheltiefan wrote:
I came here to talk about her post. Guess that's all we are going to hear now. I lot of mothers don't feel well and have pressed on through anyway.

The vlog today with all their screaming at the beginning-I'm getting about where I can't watch them period! That and the constant Bollie pushing. At least they did figure out if they want other people to buy their stuff, it helps if the creators actually wore the products! That first dress they designed, Ellie wore it in the extra Easter vlog last year, and I believe that was it!

At least Ellie did get a ticket and not a warning! :D
I don’t know about anyone else, but I would be going to see a neurologist if I had severe eye pain as often as Ellie does. I wouldn’t try supplements first.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:

She could also be buying diagnoses and malingering for attention. It could all be lies to manipulate. Ellie shells out THOUSANDS for hormone tests that aren’t helping, but can’t be bothered to interrupt movie night to take her baby to urgent care after he stops breathing. It doesn’t add up. Anxious and concerned about her health she may be, but this anxiety certainly doesn’t apply when it comes to the health of loved ones.

My point is, it’s a discussion justified and worth having, without trying to shame people for not being sensitive enough Image.

I’m not shaming anyone for not being sensitive enough, although it seems thats what what you’re attempting to do with Bonnie. I just shared a fact that because her version of anxiety and depression doesn’t match someone else’s experiences doesn’t mean it can’t be legitimate. I also didn’t say she had these disorders, but that they could be symptoms of something else. I’m also sharing my opinion that I think she has legitimate mental heath issues and a lot of her behaviors are a symptom of that. I’m not arguing whatsoever that her actions are justified, just that I believe her when she says she feels anxious and depressed because her actions, behaviors, and words match up with that to me. Here’s a great article outlining how many of her behaviors can be related back to an actual diagnosis. https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/specia ... -disorders. I’m sure a similar article could be found to discuss similarities between eating disorders and her behavior. My point is, I think she suffers from multiple mental health disorders and could majorly improve her life by seeking (or being forced into) actual treatment.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Tiger27 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Tiger27 wrote: It doesn’t always have to be a Bonnie vs Ellie issue. Their apparent mental health problems present very differently and they handle them in totally different ways. It’s not crazy to think people will respond more negatively or positively to one or the other or that different posters will view a situation differently. I think both of them are “crazy”. I don’t see Ellie as more deserving of sympathy because she’s more fragile or feminine or had less body modifications or whatever you’re implying. Ellie has received no shortage of hate and snark for her actions of how she’s gone about seeking care, from me included. It’s talked about because she is sitting there literally telling us she has a problem that actually fits with how she has acted for years. Ellie’s making attempts to get help (in the wrong ways) so there’s something to discuss there. Whereas Bonnie also seems on the verge of a break down but we are just watching it play out with complete denial from her that anything is wrong. I’ve absolutely felt for Bonnie in that she ended up with a pill happy doctor(s) that continue to prescribe her medication she shouldn’t be on.

I’m not shaming anyone for not being sensitive enough, although it seems thats what what you’re attempting to do with Bonnie. I just shared a fact that because her version of anxiety and depression doesn’t match someone else’s experiences doesn’t mean it can’t be legitimate. I also didn’t say she had these disorders, but that they could be symptoms of something else. I’m also sharing my opinion that I think she has legitimate mental heath issues and a lot of her behaviors are a symptom of that. I’m not arguing whatsoever that her actions are justified, just that I believe her when she says she feels anxious and depressed because her actions, behaviors, and words match up with that to me. Here’s a great article outlining how many of her behaviors can be related back to an actual diagnosis. https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/specia ... -disorders. I’m sure a similar article could be found to discuss similarities between eating disorders and her behavior. My point is, I think she suffers from multiple mental health disorders and could majorly improve her life by seeking (or being forced into) actual treatment.

Let’s be clear for a second. I don’t think anyone here would argue she isn’t mentally ill, many people just don’t think her symptoms are even on her head. I think she blatantly exaggerates them for sympathy at this point. It always seems to be whatever is trendy at the moment. Anxiety, depression where conditions Bryan and Cullen (and many other YTers) were starting to discuss. Their channel started with IF that may or may not have actually been IF. Hashimotos for instance which has recently come up with NerdECrafter, and now she’s throwing that around. She absolutely has mental illness and, even more likely, a full on personality disorder.

My point about mentioning Bonnie was that it’s similarly insensitive for people to suggest she’s crazy, but the discussion continues nonetheless. Ellie seems to be the only one that continues to get the benefit of the doubt about things despite what we have seen. Even when she gets caught in a lie it’s suggested she doesn’t understand things. It was simply an observation about how there is something about her that makes it harder for some people to believe she’s intentionally doing anything. Perhaps her perceived lack of intelligence? I compared her to Bonnie because they are more or less the same in intelligence, upbringing, etc, and yet Ellie gets sympathy that I just don’t see her sisters get.

It was an observation about Ellie, and not a defence of Bonnie by any means.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ellie is paying a million dollars for all these tests because they are not deemed medically necessary. That’s what I think.

She needs a mental health specialist. That’s it.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 am It’s interesting that Ellie’s mental health is always excused and sympathized with, whereas Bonnie is referred to as crazy and has minimal sympathy. Arguably they both show signs of mental illness (malingering/eating disorder vs possible bpd and addiction), but where Ellie is doctor shopping for a diagnosis she can be happy with (because let’s be real here, if she could get a chronic fatigue diagnosis she’d be happy, not sad), Bonnie appears so deep in denial she’s completely unsupported and unaware.

I guess I disagree because I don’t see much excuses or support for Ellie here. I don’t excuse her behavior because I think she has depression. She’s still responsible for getting treatment. I guess I just don’t see the support or sympathy for Ellie at all. I don’t have much for her because of the way she has zero empathy for other people.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”