ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by HCB »

The twins have no routine. The only way they nap is to fall asleep on the couch watching tv sucking on a pacifier! Angie and CR did nothing to prepare them for Benji’s arrival. And yes he came last minute but they knew about the other baby at least a month in advance so the twins sleeping in their own bed for naps and nights should have been top priority. But Angie was too busy buying 50 diaper bags and CR can’t do everything.
Pina
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Pina »

The twins also sleep in the clothes from the day before so they are not even put into pajarmas for bed. Im not saying my kids routine has never been broken and they do sometimes get put to bed in their tshirt and underwear after having a later night than normal but it doesnt happen routinely. I wonder how often they get bathed and if at times they are just left in the same clothes.
Beccaboom22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Beccaboom22 »

I mean my three year old fell asleep in his clothes while I was bathing his brother yesterday but he has a shower every morning and a bath most nights and I at least put pj bottoms on him. Everyday seems super lazy. I don't think she baths her babies very often i remember her routine video with the twins as little babies, she woke them up in morning and just wet wiped them all over instead of washing them and i've never heard her mention bathing Benji.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

I have wondered about the twins routine with the new baby, since I’m going through the same thing with my two-year old and 6-week old twins. My son’s bedtime and nap time has shifted later, about two hours, but hopefully we can fix it when the newborn phase is over. Angie and CR have said to each other, a few times in the vlogs, how messed up the twins are going to be or how late they are going to be up. I think Amelia was once napping at 6 PM or later. I wish they would touch on this stuff a little more, because I feel there’s a lot “not right” in their house, after Benji, that they aren’t sharing. Unless they are adopting the free range parenting style that her sister uses. I think Angie is secretly more free range than she lets on, because it’s controversial and maybe not as marketable. For one, I doubt their homeschooling is consistent, if it’s even happening right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

I wondered why they were letting Ivy sleep so late in the morning a few months ago. That messes up the rest of their day as far as naps and going to bed at a decent time.
Beccaboom22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Beccaboom22 »

I think letting young children out on bike for hours and hours is pretty free range, does she even know where they are? Are there roads etc it worries the heck out of me and i don't know them. She could sit on her porch with Benji and a cup of coffee or whatever and watch them ride around, that way maybe Rosie could join in too.
roseinbloom
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by roseinbloom »

Pina wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:33 am How old are the twins now? 2.5yrs? How do they not have a bedtime routine? if travelling knocked them out of sync, i would of spent the last few weeks reintroducing/reinforcing it. Benji is over 1 month now so they have had at least 4 weeks to implement it. The pacifiers in their mouths all day is also just laziness because they dont want to address the whinging. They would probably talk a lot more too without them.

My 18 month old doesn’t have a strict bedtime routine but has consistency in terms of “windows” of waking up, nap time, bedtime... He doesn’t take a nap at 6 pm lol. The pacifiers bother me too just because the twins are constantly on theirs, pluuuus if I’m recognizing those pacis correctly, those aren’t recommended for children over 6 mos by dentists and speech therapists because they mess with dental alignment and speech development. Even the manufacturer’s website says they should be stopped at 18 months, and I’m sure there’s some leeway there. The twins may like them, but is it too much trouble to (if they can’t wean them totally yet) switch them to orthodontic pacifiers?
Peachykeen
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peachykeen »

Has she mentioned why the twins will be sharing a bed in their room? When she films in their bedroom, theres only one. Or will they be adding another at some point?
devilishtenshi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by devilishtenshi »

Peachykeen wrote:Has she mentioned why the twins will be sharing a bed in their room? When she films in their bedroom, theres only one. Or will they be adding another at some point?
Assuming she thinks they’d prefer to be together. I mean I get it if they were together in her bed all this time. I’m sure when they are older they’ll move to two. I thought it was odd at first too but I thought about it and that’s what I came up with.

Any mention on where Benji will go when it’s time for him to get his own room? With the boys? With the twins? (don’t think they can fit 3 beds there though)

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

To me a routine for kids is about expectations. Kids are more relaxed and tend to roll with the day better when there are expectations.

Eg: times may change but my guys have always had a tea, bath, books, milk (when appropriately aged), teeth, bed. It doesn’t matter if we start this at 3pm or 8pm, its the same every night. They know that once they have had tea a bath/shower is required, after milk or before bed teeth are to be brushed. All three are at school and we still more or less have the same night routine for 11 years! Little ones really thrive on routine and expectations of whats to come.

Mornings the same - they wake up, eat breakfast, wash face, brush teeth, brush hair, get dressed, make school lunch, pack bag, etc etc.

I have friends who have kids in high school who still dont make their own lunch or breakfast. It’s ridiculous! It actually makes kids more independent, i know if i sleep in accidentally that we can be ready and out the door in the time it takes me to get dressed.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

roseinbloom wrote:
Pina wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:33 am How old are the twins now? 2.5yrs? How do they not have a bedtime routine? if travelling knocked them out of sync, i would of spent the last few weeks reintroducing/reinforcing it. Benji is over 1 month now so they have had at least 4 weeks to implement it. The pacifiers in their mouths all day is also just laziness because they dont want to address the whinging. They would probably talk a lot more too without them.

My 18 month old doesn’t have a strict bedtime routine but has consistency in terms of “windows” of waking up, nap time, bedtime... He doesn’t take a nap at 6 pm lol. The pacifiers bother me too just because the twins are constantly on theirs, pluuuus if I’m recognizing those pacis correctly, those aren’t recommended for children over 6 mos by dentists and speech therapists because they mess with dental alignment and speech development. Even the manufacturer’s website says they should be stopped at 18 months, and I’m sure there’s some leeway there. The twins may like them, but is it too much trouble to (if they can’t wean them totally yet) switch them to orthodontic pacifiers?
The twins use the Avent Soothees, the same style is also attached to those stuffed animals pacifiers (WubbaNubs). My son loved those, too, but we were lucky that he ditched them on his own at 13 months. If he hadn’t stopped on his own, his pediatrician said to start weaning at 18 months. I’m sure it sucks to have to do it with your toddler, but Ivy already has “pacifier teeth”. Hopefully the parents are working on this, but I doubt it with Benji being the focus now.

Frenchlurker
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Frenchlurker »

Does she really think she makes good content explaining how to boil eggs??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

Frenchlurker wrote:Does she really think she makes good content explaining how to boil eggs??? Image Image Image
I bet she watched a tutorial on YouTube while applying her makeup.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Frenchlurker
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Frenchlurker »

Emily81 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Frenchlurker wrote:Does she really think she makes good content explaining how to boil eggs??? Image Image Image
I bet she watched a tutorial on YouTube while applying her makeup.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
that's what i thought too! i thought " she sounds like she's just discovered that...and deviled eggs" (probably those appeared in the suggestions after the boiling tutorial :D )
ByeRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ByeRose »

Back to the Czech Republic embryos conspiracy. I was born in Prague and I remember the Prague video really well. And I also remember that I was pretty shocked when they went to Brno (city about 2.5 hours away from Prague). Brno is a nice city, but not so much a touristy city...unless you want to visit Bratislava or/and Vienna. Brno would be on your way there. BUT I know that there’s a big IVF clinic that actually help foreign families with such procedures. And I just checked and they sure do embryo adoptions. (Reprofit.cz)
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Im not surprised at how pro-life/anti choice Angie is. She thinks adoption is the only choice because look at her family, picture pefect but what about all the other kids left at the orphanages or the average family who cannot give the emotional or financial support to a family of 8 kids? I mean, how many people do you know who have 8 kids, 6 adopted and have neither parent work an actual job? Jeez, even most families with two parents working full time can not afford that many kids.
ava11
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ava11 »

ByeRose wrote:Back to the Czech Republic embryos conspiracy. I was born in Prague and I remember the Prague video really well. And I also remember that I was pretty shocked when they went to Brno (city about 2.5 hours away from Prague). Brno is a nice city, but not so much a touristy city...unless you want to visit Bratislava or/and Vienna. Brno would be on your way there. BUT I know that there’s a big IVF clinic that actually help foreign families with such procedures. And I just checked and they sure do embryo adoptions. (Reprofit.cz)
Pozdrav z Bratislavy ImageImage

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

I really expected there to be more y’all/speculation here regarding Angie’s recent instastories. In all seriousness, I hope all the kids are okay...and I hope Angie’s emotional state is well. It has to be stressful having that many children.

iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Honestly, I would rather see this side of Angela. I get tired of watching her act like she can do it all.
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

iheartyt wrote:Honestly, I would rather see this side of Angela. I get tired of watching her act like she can do it all.

For sure. Me too.
I wish it didn’t take scary events like that to see a glimpse of the old, relatable, humble Angie.

Return to “Q-Z”