KKandNoSchoolToday | KKandBabyJ | Part 70

SeriouslyCurious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: KKandNoSchoolToday | KKandBabyJ | Part 70

Unread post by SeriouslyCurious »

Puddle jumpers are NOT life jackets but it is better than nothing. I haven't watched the vlog yet but saw the thumbnail. Hopefully they wake the fuck up and protect those boys on the dock. Same goes for those boys when they shouldn't be wearing the puddle jumpers on the jet skis. They need to wear certified life jackets. I'm not a helicopter mom but this shit is common sense. Which kk have none of that....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by prbeca »

Here_2_talk wrote:Wtf?! Crystals and YL oils?!? Who is this woman?! Welcome Trashy 2.0 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She did WHAT??

Redcar2019
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Redcar2019 »

So again no school for Jackson this week
Redcar2019
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Redcar2019 »

The kid who was scared of spiders now wants to dress up as one? Ok keren. Also that chandelier is hideous and doesn’t fit that style house at all
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

prbeca wrote:
Here_2_talk wrote:Wtf?! Crystals and YL oils?!? Who is this woman?! Welcome Trashy 2.0 Image

She did WHAT??

Sorry, wrong thread. Meant for Rachelle and Justin. Can’t delete it.

Deceased
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deceased »

I agree about the puddle jumpers. Maybe they will get reported by anyone with a brain in their neighborhood. Having littles on the jet ski is stupid too. Kids are unpredictable.

I’d be just as worried about amoebas and water moccasins in that lake as I would alligators. Florida lakes are disgusting.
kayla1112
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kayla1112 »

I 100% thought their chandelier was an upside down tacky looking coffee table at first. I don't know what kind of style look she's going for in the lAkE hOuSe but I strongly feel like this isn't it Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... 753406.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... a8bf51.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

emmalinelola
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emmalinelola »

Classie wrote:Question for those of you who live in Florida: I’ve lived here my entire life and have never swam in a lake. There is 1000% alligators in those lakes. Do you guys swim JB lakes?!
YES! Yes!!! Fellow “Orlandian” here, I’m the gal that lucked out (not really) having my hubby’s business retreat at the ritz the same weekend....
NEVER have I swam in a lake, I live on a lake & when I take my dd to school at 6:30am I 1/2 expect to be greeted by a gator......
A close friend of ours was the GM of the Grand Floridian years ago when a toddler was killed by a gator in a lake near guests & little guy was wading & gator got him. I remember seeing our friend after assisting the family with the tragedy & her words were “ I am changed, changed person, changed parent, changed forever”.....I still have chills & she was the employee helping not the FAMILY!!!
Another things our lakes have bacteria in them, 5+years ago we were at club med here & there was a health warning for some type of bad bacteria in natural waters, resort had lake activities closed for 6 months-ish & the ban was lifted during our stay—HELL NO. Was I putting my girls in it1 day after ban was lifted!
My SIL went off at me at dinner in PUBLIC & told me I’m a horrible mother because my girls didn’t go in lake w/ cousins—drama!!
But no way would I go into a lake here because it is the home of gators & funky bacteria—NO THANK YOU!!

blehhh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blehhh »

kayla1112 wrote:I 100% thought their chandelier was an upside down tacky looking coffee table at first. I don't know what kind of style look she's going for in the lAkE hOuSe but I strongly feel like this isn't it Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... 753406.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... a8bf51.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
OMG soooo hideous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

Puddle jumpers are Coast Guard approved so I’d much rather them use those in the lake than some of the other floaties they have. We did infant swim lessons at the YMCA and our instructor explained that the Stearns brand Puddle Jumpers are approved by the Coast Guard but the swim school? or whatever brand is not.

THAT BEING SAID, I have no clue how their boys even use those. I bought one for my son (Landon’s age) during swim lessons when we first did them about a year and a half ago and it has never fit him right. We’ve tried multiple times since we bought them thinking maybe he was just too small, but even this summer, he toppled face first. Either I’m an idiot and can’t get the fit right or they are just not as good as they’re made out to be.

forever_ornot_21
Talker
Talker

Unread post by forever_ornot_21 »

Classie wrote:Question for those of you who live in Florida: I’ve lived here my entire life and have never swam in a lake. There is 1000% alligators in those lakes. Do you guys swim JB lakes?!
Yes... lived here all my life, grew up tubing/boating/jet skiing on the lake and I’m still alive and healthy.

forever_ornot_21
Talker
Talker

Unread post by forever_ornot_21 »

Sorry for the double post, but also there are sandbars in lakes and people often have “sandbar Sunday” with LOTS of people that park their boats on the sandbar and walk around in the water. It’s not completely outrageous to swim in a Florida lake.

Classie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Classie »

emmalinelola wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:51 pm
YES! Yes!!! Fellow “Orlandian” here, I’m the gal that lucked out (not really) having my hubby’s business retreat at the ritz the same weekend....
NEVER have I swam in a lake, I live on a lake & when I take my dd to school at 6:30am I 1/2 expect to be greeted by a gator......
A close friend of ours was the GM of the Grand Floridian years ago when a toddler was killed by a gator in a lake near guests & little guy was wading & gator got him. I remember seeing our friend after assisting the family with the tragedy & her words were “ I am changed, changed person, changed parent, changed forever”.....I still have chills & she was the employee helping not the FAMILY!!!
Another things our lakes have bacteria in them, 5+years ago we were at club med here & there was a health warning for some type of bad bacteria in natural waters, resort had lake activities closed for 6 months-ish & the ban was lifted during our stay—HELL NO. Was I putting my girls in it1 day after ban was lifted!
My SIL went off at me at dinner in PUBLIC & told me I’m a horrible mother because my girls didn’t go in lake w/ cousins—drama!!
But no way would I go into a lake here because it is the home of gators & funky bacteria—NO THANK YOU!!

Yes, fresh water has TONS of bacteria and germs. I mean my whole life I’ve grown up swimming in the ocean and the gulf, but never ever in a murky lake. I think people think I’m exaggerating when I say there are gators in basically every lake in Florida, but it’s true.
KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

Classie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Yes, fresh water has TONS of bacteria and germs. I mean my whole life I’ve grown up swimming in the ocean and the gulf, but never ever in a murky lake. I think people think I’m exaggerating when I say there are gators in basically every lake in Florida, but it’s true.
Khoa's own brother pointed out how there are gators everywhere in his little instagram vlog the other day. He was going to his gym and showed 2 ponds and said he sees gators there all the time. And that was just on his way to work, tiny bodies of water by the street. It made me cringe thinking about how many there must be in that big ole lake the kids swim in.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

Classie wrote:

Aussie here and I won’t swim in any river, lake, creek. Whatever you want to call it.
Crocs are a worry but where we used to swim when we were younger, there have been tonnes of sightings of bull sharks. Only little ones (3ft) but they could take a small child down no worries. Especially when there were 15 of them spotted in one day.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

I grew up in south Florida, lived on a lake, NEVER swam in it. We'd get knee deep as kids but that's about it. Now I live near Orlando, about 25 mins from KK, and people do swim in some lakes around here. The city I live in has a large lake with a swimming beach area that's quite popular. I have swum in it a couple of times, but it still kind of freaks me out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Classie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Classie »

staceyeileen wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:02 pm I grew up in south Florida, lived on a lake, NEVER swam in it. We'd get knee deep as kids but that's about it. Now I live near Orlando, about 25 mins from KK, and people do swim in some lakes around here. The city I live in has a large lake with a swimming beach area that's quite popular. I have swum in it a couple of times, but it still kind of freaks me out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
This is kind is why I asked. Orlando is pretty land locked. Where I live there is a beach within 25 minutes. I’m not sure if Orlando is just different because the beach is so far, but I don’t know anyone who swims in lakes around here. It’s just so weird! There are gators and so much nasty bacteria! But whatever lol
kels0413
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kels0413 »

Even if it’s a somewhat normal thing to swim in a lake in Florida, I don’t think I could bring myself to risk putting my small children in one knowing there’s gators. while watching Landon swim all I could think was how quickly a gator could come and snatch him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

So ugly of her she gives Landon a different costume than all the rest, and then a spider of all things...versus cute baby chickens
Layla23
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Layla23 »

I grew up going to Florida, we went and still do go at least once a year (we're not from the US just fyi) Always start off in the Orlando area. We're a golfing family we spend a lot of time on golf courses. every trip we have seen an alligator chilling on the side of a pond/lake on a golf course. We've played Disney courses, hotel resort courses and just normal club courses.
If there's a lake/pond, there's an alligator & these are ponds/lakes that are routinely checked. I would like to think lakes are routinely checked as well in residential areas but you just have to think of the Disney toddler story to know they are still a risk.
They just don't care, they have a "it will never happen to us' mentality and it's shocking how much danger they put their kids in.
I would rather be an over paranoid parent if i was living on a lake in a state that is KNOWN for gators than let children (4 and under mind you) be so carefree near it.

Return to “KKandBabyJ”