Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

GigglyMint wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:01 pm
IVFwarrior wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 pm
GigglyMint wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am

It’s found out with genetic testing, yes. I’ve always been asked specifically if I wanted to know the gender as some people want it to be a surprise. So they could have elected not to know yet.
My feeling is that they know. They seemed to really want to transfer the other embryo, even though it was nowhere near as good in terms of a morphological grade. That make no sense. No one doing IVF would do that. You always select the best looking embryo to put back first. It was only after the embryologist told them just how much higher miscarriage risk that other embryo posed that they agreed to put this one back first. So I think the other one is a boy, this one is a girl.
Oh they probably know. I was just saying when doing PGS, I’ve always been asked if I wanted to know. They didn’t automatically include that with the info they gave me about the embryo(s).
No problem - I knew what you meant. Yeah, no way are they the type that wouldn't want to know!! Haha!
Sorn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

Unread post by Sorn »

IVFwarrior wrote:
Sorn wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am
Tiger27 wrote: They’ve said on Instagram and their videos quite a few times that they randomly get comments on some videos and then they typically get randomly turned off a few hours later. I actually believe them on this judging how obsessed they act about it.

Also Alex said something along the lines of I hope Dr. Hatch let’s us go 2 weeks now if everything looks good, so it sounds like Dr. hatch was ordering the weekly ultrasounds. Dr. Quacks protocols seem so over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh please Alex is hardly disappointed that she has to have weekly ultrasounds. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is the one pushing for these. I've never heard of a doctor ordering weekly monitoring for a non-high risk pregnancy that is going as expected! Bloodwork and hormone levels aside, it's all incredibly excessive and unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Actually, she's still very very high risk for miscarriage. That first ultrasound was terrible. They've been deceiving their followers about how sketchy this has been. This is why I'm annoyed (as one of their original followers that started watching them bc of a shared IVF journey). They claim to be doing all of this to help other people like them, but they have lied the whole way through this. I suspect Dr Hatch has ordered the weekly scans because she's got a solid 50% chance of a miscarriage. When you're on so many medications like Alex is, it actually wouldn't be right to let you keep taking these for a month not knowing if it's all a waste because the embryo has died.

I don't understand why they have changed their focus this time. It's like they are experimenting on us. Last time (the "11 week" miscarriage") they shared everything going wrong. It's like they've decided this time they'll see if they get more views by pretending everything is good.
I mean I might buy that as a reason as to why she would require weekly ultrasounds except for pumping her with medications for an "11 week" pregnancy that wasn't growing was exactly what Dr. Quack did in the past.

And if the risk of miscarriage is so high with IVF patients why don't all IVF women have weekly ultrasounds?

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

Sorn wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 pm
IVFwarrior wrote:
Sorn wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am Oh please Alex is hardly disappointed that she has to have weekly ultrasounds. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is the one pushing for these. I've never heard of a doctor ordering weekly monitoring for a non-high risk pregnancy that is going as expected! Bloodwork and hormone levels aside, it's all incredibly excessive and unnecessary.

Actually, she's still very very high risk for miscarriage. That first ultrasound was terrible. They've been deceiving their followers about how sketchy this has been. This is why I'm annoyed (as one of their original followers that started watching them bc of a shared IVF journey). They claim to be doing all of this to help other people like them, but they have lied the whole way through this. I suspect Dr Hatch has ordered the weekly scans because she's got a solid 50% chance of a miscarriage. When you're on so many medications like Alex is, it actually wouldn't be right to let you keep taking these for a month not knowing if it's all a waste because the embryo has died.

I don't understand why they have changed their focus this time. It's like they are experimenting on us. Last time (the "11 week" miscarriage") they shared everything going wrong. It's like they've decided this time they'll see if they get more views by pretending everything is good.
I mean I might buy that as a reason as to why she would require weekly ultrasounds except for pumping her with medications for an "11 week" pregnancy that wasn't growing was exactly what Dr. Quack did in the past.

And if the risk of miscarriage is so high with IVF patients why don't all IVF women have weekly ultrasounds?

Good point re: allowing them to continue their "pregnancy" last time past 8 weeks when every protocol indicated it was not a viable pregnancy. Dr Hatch + Alex. Interesting combination.....

But this time I think it's come from her first ultrasound. She's not super high risk of miscarriage because it's an IVF pregnancy, but because of her first ultrasound result. The risk of first trimester loss is associated with CRL and MGS diameters from that first ultrasound, and her numbers were really bad.
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

Had replies to my comment about Kinsley's hair. The minions defending Alex, who does not have curly hair herself, whereas I had!
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

If Alex is so upset and emotional, why the hell is she driving?!

Mysticvgo7
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Mysticvgo7 »

Here_2_talk wrote:If Alex is so upset and emotional, why the hell is she driving?!

There were a few times where she was closing her eyes to forced her tears out and I was just yelling at the screen to watch the road. You have children in your car for Christ’s sake
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

She is so damned annoying! I'm not the kind of person who wants to hit people on a regular basis but I'm 2 minutes into this vlog and I want to hit her so bad! This is going to be a long dang pregnancy if she is this damned annoying already.
LB2018
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LB2018 »

Angelsong01 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 am Derek and Liza's new baby was a miraculous pregnancy, and also Brittany's, her baby still to be born. These couples do not make a song and dance about things.

Alex has a rude awakening coming.
I adore Derek and Liza. They actually care more about being parents than flaunting a pregnancy. (Alex, Ayla) Don’t quote me but when someone called D&L’s baby a miracle or something Liza said Ellie was the first miracle- their adopted first child.

So many people could take lessons on priorities and what’s important when wanting and then loving children from them.
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

I had to FF thru all but the US.Alex was just too darn whiney! And yeah,why did Phil let her drive if she was soooo upset?
Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

“We’ve NEVER had this experience before!” I can’t believe it has arms and legs! Yeah...you had that experience before with your “11 week miscarriage” that never looked like more than a blob.

Cd1989
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cd1989 »

IVFwarrior wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:14 pm
Sorn wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 pm
IVFwarrior wrote:

Good point re: allowing them to continue their "pregnancy" last time past 8 weeks when every protocol indicated it was not a viable pregnancy. Dr Hatch + Alex. Interesting combination.....

But this time I think it's come from her first ultrasound. She's not super high risk of miscarriage because it's an IVF pregnancy, but because of her first ultrasound result. The risk of first trimester loss is associated with CRL and MGS diameters from that first ultrasound, and her numbers were really bad.
Well she's caught up since the first ultrasound. The last two she posted, her numbers were great. Sounds like the 7 week one was just extra maybe due to the first one but that one turned out good and someone said 8 and 10 weeks was normal for IVF patients.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I feel so devastated for their two girls already.

Can you imagine how many miracle post they willl make once they baby is born?!?! Ugh like I get it, it’s a miracle, but I feel so bad it’s a bio baby this time.

I guess it’s different because they adopted first without any bio kids... this kid is going to outshine the girls NO MATTER what. How sad is that?

Mysticvgo7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mysticvgo7 »

Amelia322 wrote:I feel so devastated for their two girls already.

Can you imagine how many miracle post they willl make once they baby is born?!?! Ugh like I get it, it’s a miracle, but I feel so bad it’s a bio baby this time.

I guess it’s different because they adopted first without any bio kids... this kid is going to outshine the girls NO MATTER what. How sad is that?

I feel so bad for them too. Alex’s post about asking them whether “they wanted a sibling to come from someone else’s tummy or mommy’s tummy” made me cringe. Like why would you ask your adopted daughters that? They keep emphasizing that they’re from someone else’s tummy and not hers. & I get that they’re open about the adoptions, but come onnnn they’re still your daughters & the way they talk about this pregnancy and the baby in front of the girls as if they’re not smart enough to catch on? It’s just sad

Getaway_car13
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Getaway_car13 »

Officially unfollowed P&A on everything. I found them because I was also doing IVF and it helped me to watch others’ videos. They just irritate and disappoint me now. They’re so behind on vlogs and hearing about how they dragged out a ‘pregnancy’ to 11 weeks when there was no heartbeat is just fucking weird.

Oma66
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Oma66 »

They’ve already told the girls..they are so pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

I skip watched the latest vlog, ultrasound, view of Alex's bruised stomach, etc. How totally embarrassing she is, a spoiled, self centred infuriating person. The miracle is that Kinsley and Callie (particularly Kinsley), have turned out to be such lovely little girls.

Alex wants to count her blessings, in reality, not jabbering about it on her IG post. I had three children with a psychotic husband, a knife held to my throat during one pregnancy, and fearing on many occasions for my babies' lives. She appears to have been cocooned all her life, and infertility must have come as a massive trauma to her, but I have no sympathy or compassion for women like her. She shows herself up in every single vlog. It has been said before that if the girls get to see all this rubbish when they are older, they will be so very hurt.

Mimi and Poppa must be cringing.
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

So Ms Pregnancy is asking for help in heartburn... I get heartburn sucks, however I find it funny just minutes before posting this as a question she was chowing down leftover Chinese at 4am! Well, NurseMcCryface that’s your answer. Maybe don’t do that?!? Nobody, and certainly no 10 week old foetus is craving leftover Chinese at 4am in the flipping morning!

Does she not get eating like that is the root cause of her problem?!?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Advice for heartburn: Stop eating shit food.

Shes going to gain 100lbs

Sorn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sorn »

I don't know where Alex is getting her nutritional info about requirements during pregnancy.

Alex. In your first trimester your nutritional needs don't require any extra calories than your typical non pregnant diet. And even in the second and third trimester it's only a few hundred extra calories needed daily to meet the extra needs of the pregnancy. Maybe 300. Which comes out to an extra SNACK daily. You also aren't expected or needed to gain any weight in your first trimester. A couple pounds at most is fine or none at all.

Alex your idea of eating for two is incredibly wrong. While the amount of protein is increased during pregnancy...the calories needed are still the same as before pregnancy alex! The way she was talking she made it seem like she needed double everything!

wildwild94
Talker
Talker

Unread post by wildwild94 »

I completely agree with the poster who said she’s living out her childhood pregnancy fantasy or whatever. It’s like the second she had that embryo implanted she was all I FEEL IT! And gaining 5 lbs by 6 weeks. I think she was really limiting herself before and now she’s given herself a free pass, and her body is happy to have the extra calories (along with meds, idk anything about those and weight gain!).

Return to “Phil and Alex”