Aspyn Ovard

Ket52
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aspyn Ovard

Unread post by Ket52 »

Could she be any more annoying with how much she talks about how “perfect” and “good” of a baby Cove is? My baby was and is also an amazing baby but I didn’t run around bragging about how he sleeps through the night non stop, especially when I know a ton of other moms aren’t so lucky! She just seems very smug about it.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Ket52 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm Could she be any more annoying with how much she talks about how “perfect” and “good” of a baby Cove is? My baby was and is also an amazing baby but I didn’t run around bragging about how he sleeps through the night non stop, especially when I know a ton of other moms aren’t so lucky! She just seems very smug about it.
Oh totally. My daughter has been a good sleeper so far. She generally sleeps for about 11 hours straight at night now, from about 8 PM to 7 AM, starting at around 8 weeks old with a little bit of light sleep training. But she'll also occasionally skip a nap, or get cranky and refuse to go down (like today). Sometimes she'll have a couple "off days" in a row where she wakes once or twice in the middle of the night, likely due to a new developmental growth spurt. My guess is that in reality Aspyn's baby isn't 100% consistent and always sleeping on schedule. But Aspyn and Parker have a ton of flexibility with their work and have the benefit of both being home all day, so they probably don't think about it too much and don't have to worry about being tired. The fact of the matters is that babies aren't predictable and they're constantly changing. It's so different from one day to the next, even when you try to stick to a schedule. Just when you think you've got the hang of it, baby throws a curve ball. I think her smug attitude is a mix of a) being able to tag team with both parents all day every day, and b) the need to present herself as the "perfect" type A planner. Because her audience is probably mostly young and childless, they buy it.
mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

I totally agree omg.

My son was born Aug 27 so he’s one week younger than Cove. Mind you he was 10lbs at birth and induced (3 days late). Very different experience than Aspyn. But it bothers me that all these viewers actually believe all babies are this chill... she’s SO lucky. My son has colic, growth spurts are awful, sometimes he cries for 3 hours straight and he’s inconsolable... I understand the perfect aesthetics and the fact that she wants to show how perfect her life is... I just hope that people know it’s not always like that... if you’re pregnant right now, it can be tough. I do everything by myself and sometimes you go days without taking a shower, you can’t go get your nails done, you don’t have time to pump, I can’t go to the gym, One time I had to go to the bathroom and he was screaming just because I pit him down.
I’m glad she’s adjusting well to motherhood and I wish nothing but a smooth transition for all mothers out there... but not everyone has a 4 bedroom home, a loving husband, supporting family, an amazing post partum figure, zero stretch marks and has the time to curl their hair... she’s sooo lucky and I hope she knows. It’s so unrelatable.
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

mina_lv wrote:I totally agree omg.

My son was born Aug 27 so he’s one week younger than Cove. Mind you he was 10lbs at birth and induced (3 days late). Very different experience than Aspyn. But it bothers me that all these viewers actually believe all babies are this chill... she’s SO lucky. My son has colic, growth spurts are awful, sometimes he cries for 3 hours straight and he’s inconsolable... I understand the perfect aesthetics and the fact that she wants to show how perfect her life is... I just hope that people know it’s not always like that... if you’re pregnant right now, it can be tough. I do everything by myself and sometimes you go days without taking a shower, you can’t go get your nails done, you don’t have time to pump, I can’t go to the gym, One time I had to go to the bathroom and he was screaming just because I pit him down.
I’m glad she’s adjusting well to motherhood and I wish nothing but a smooth transition for all mothers out there... but not everyone has a 4 bedroom home, a loving husband, supporting family, an amazing post partum figure, zero stretch marks and has the time to curl their hair... she’s sooo lucky and I hope she knows. It’s so unrelatable.
Unrelated to Aspyn, but I just wanted to let you know you're doing a great job! You are the perfect mom to your baby boy. Moming ain't easy, and I can promise you Aspyn isn't having as great as a time as she puts out there. To me Cove seems incredibly fussy/uncomfortable. They can't even film while she's awake because she is always crying.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

10PumpsOfVanilla wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Unrelated to Aspyn, but I just wanted to let you know you're doing a great job! You are the perfect mom to your baby boy. Moming ain't easy, and I can promise you Aspyn isn't having as great as a time as she puts out there. To me Cove seems incredibly fussy/uncomfortable. They can't even film while she's awake because she is always crying.

You’re so kind ! Your comment made my day :)
You’re right actually... now that I think about it, maybe there’s a strategic plan as to why Cove is always sleeping... maybe, like you say, they can’t film while she’s awake. And some stuff she said in previous videos like “we had to run to Target while one person stays in the car with her” didn’t make any sense to me - all Cove seems to be doing is sleep and eat and somehow Aspyn gets anxiety over a 10mn Target trip? Doesn’t quite add up -
I don’t understand her need to be perfect all of the time, her audience is literally a bunch of tweens and half these girls aren’t even ovulating yet, so she might as well keep it real - cause all the other moms out here know it’s not real post partum life
mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

You’re right actually... now that I think about it, maybe there’s a strategic plan as to why Cove is always sleeping... maybe, like you say, they can’t film while she’s awake. And some stuff she said in previous videos like “we had to run to Target while one person stays in the car with her” didn’t make any sense to me - all Cove seems to be doing is sleep and eat and somehow Aspyn gets anxiety over a 10mn Target trip? Doesn’t quite add up -
I don’t understand her need to be perfect all of the time, her audience is literally a bunch of tweens and half these girls aren’t even ovulating yet, so she might as well keep it real - cause all the other moms out here know it’s not real post partum life
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

mina_lv wrote:

Yup!! We exactly!! Even during the three month update she had to stop filming because baby coconut sis princess angel baby was crying too much!

ChelleBelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ChelleBelle »

Parker says "Mills" and "Dills" like Ashley from Til Vacuum Do Us Part! Oh my gosh.
Chambermaid69
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chambermaid69 »

Wait until baby number 2 comes. My first born was an angel too. All that went out the window when my second came. She better enjoy it while it lasts. She shouldn’t be so smug lol.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That's so true, there are a lot of inconsistencies between her YouTube narrative and what she shows on Instagram stories. On Instagram, she's much more likely to talk about her baby not eating, not sleeping on schedule, having to leave someplace early because baby was screaming, etc. And they hardly ever film her when she's awake and alert, and when they do she almost always has a pacifier in her mouth and they have to do lots of cuts because she starts to cry. It's all normal stuff for a baby that age, but Aspyn seems like she wants to minimize the reality of having a newborn because she wants to present herself as so put together and perfect.

That three month update was so boring. It was literally: "This is what size clothes she's wearing. This is how much she is sleeping. Okay that's it for a three month update!" No cute stories, no thoughts from Aspyn about motherhood, not a lot of details on new things baby is doing, etc. I bought a journal where you give a little update on baby at each month, and I try to take a few minutes to write down things that I think she'll enjoy reading one day. Aspyn's updates are so robotic.
wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

I cant tell if shes genuinely loving motherhood or just going through the motions and posting like it's her dream come true when in reality she couldn't care less.
I'm sure she loves cove, dont get me wrong but I feel like shes putting up a facade to an extent.

I adore every single day with my little dude but there are really hard days when I really just wished I could sleep in and watch netflix.
And it just makes me so sad for Cove. She is absolutely a result of the social media aesthetic. I feel like Aspyn will definitely be those moms always caught up in her own image and how she looks and her own needs. Like cove is a tag along.

It was like, well we are married and got the dog and the house, now what? She got her little girl to dress up and post all over Instagram. For what? Likes and sponsors and free shit and vlog content?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

wonderwall99 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:50 am I cant tell if shes genuinely loving motherhood or just going through the motions and posting like it's her dream come true when in reality she couldn't care less.
I'm sure she loves cove, dont get me wrong but I feel like shes putting up a facade to an extent.

I adore every single day with my little dude but there are really hard days when I really just wished I could sleep in and watch netflix.
And it just makes me so sad for Cove. She is absolutely a result of the social media aesthetic. I feel like Aspyn will definitely be those moms always caught up in her own image and how she looks and her own needs. Like cove is a tag along.

It was like, well we are married and got the dog and the house, now what? She got her little girl to dress up and post all over Instagram. For what? Likes and sponsors and free shit and vlog content?

I feel you on Netflix and sleeping in ! ;) I love my son to death but sometimes it’s hard to squeeze in 2hrs of down time cause he never naps lol.
I cannot tell if she likes it either. She seems sooo cold and emotionless it’s very strange. I saw a post earlier talking about how she has no personality and she’s not smart or funny and it’s so true ! Like she’s happy cause she fits in the Mormon fairytale standards lol but we cannot tell if she’s genuinely enjoying her role as a mom. The aesthetics part is taking over for sure! I get it’s her job to have a nice IG and nice videos... maybe it’s because her target audience is young and they’d rather see babies and dogs in costumes than someone with bags under their eyes on the verge of tears :) idk
Either way it’s too perfect and try-hard. She’s not relatable.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I find it so funny that Aspyn and Parker think a standard one bedroom or studio apartment constitutes a "tiny house." A tiny house is generally considered to be between 100-400 square feet. While small, I wouldn't considered the little apartments they have in the showroom at IKEA to be a tiny house. They're so used to Utah McMansion living that they couldn't possibly fathom living in an apartment let alone one without a dishwasher.

They titled that video "HOLIDAY SHOPPING AT IKEA!!" but the camera died when they finally got to the holiday decor, so they didn't actually show anything, and just ended the video like that. How lazy can you be?
mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I find it so funny that Aspyn and Parker think a standard one bedroom or studio apartment constitutes a "tiny house." A tiny house is generally considered to be between 100-400 square feet. While small, I wouldn't considered the little apartments they have in the showroom at IKEA to be a tiny house. They're so used to Utah McMansion living that they couldn't possibly fathom living in an apartment let alone one without a dishwasher.

They titled that video "HOLIDAY SHOPPING AT IKEA!!" but the camera died when they finally got to the holiday decor, so they didn't actually show anything, and just ended the video like that. How lazy can you be?
So lazy !!! That video was so dumb... They need a reality check big time. When she said “Washing your dishes by hand... thats so interesting “ - no bitch it’s really not !
They’re so spoiled they could never live in a tiny house.. when I hear “tiny house” I picture a container home or an actually tiny house, not a studio apartment...
and what’s the point of going to Ikea to tell people about you have an interior decorator? Is it just to seem relatable? Idk
That vlog was useless. She looked good, that was the only thing I’ll point out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glamour1225
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by glamour1225 »

Aspyn Ovard - Pt 24 - Me, Myself, and MY BABY - OMG THE BEST SLEEPER
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

There are two aspyn threads. The linked one has the part numbers and everything

mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

Something tells me she will get pregnant again soon... i could be wrong but I can sense it...

wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

mina_lv wrote:Something tells me she will get pregnant again soon... i could be wrong but I can sense it...

Maybe for vlog content but I really doubt it. Imagine the second kid is even slightly fussier than cove, she'd hire 3 more assistants. I think she is scared to have a baby that isnt as calm as cove, or as calm as she portrays her to be.

Even I had a chill babe but the 3-5 month stretch has been so much harder. He will be 6 months next month and I'm excited for him to get a little more independent. I couldn't do what all these YT moms do and pop a kid out every year. Fuck no, give me some time! And like I said my little man wasnt a menace I couldn't imagine if he was colic or just a fussy newborn.

mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mina_lv »

wonderwall99 wrote:
mina_lv wrote:Something tells me she will get pregnant again soon... i could be wrong but I can sense it...

Maybe for vlog content but I really doubt it. Imagine the second kid is even slightly fussier than cove, she'd hire 3 more assistants. I think she is scared to have a baby that isnt as calm as cove, or as calm as she portrays her to be.

Even I had a chill babe but the 3-5 month stretch has been so much harder. He will be 6 months next month and I'm excited for him to get a little more independent. I couldn't do what all these YT moms do and pop a kid out every year. Fuck no, give me some time! And like I said my little man wasnt a menace I couldn't imagine if he was colic or just a fussy newborn.

Congrats on your baby ! Yeah but I feel like her channel is just so goddamn boring that it’ll plateau unless she announces baby #2. I still cannot tell if her baby is SO CHILL or if she hides that Cove is fussy to look perfect.
I don’t know how the YT moms do it either... like the whole #2under2 is now a goal.
My son is 3 months old, doesn’t let me use the bathroom or look at my phone for 10mns, constantly wants to be held so I COULD NEVER . Love him more than life itself but that’s a lot of work (I’m a single mom) and I’m sure there’s babies out there who are a lot worse....

Frootloops3
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Frootloops3 »

mina_lv wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm
wonderwall99 wrote:

Congrats on your baby ! Yeah but I feel like her channel is just so goddamn boring that it’ll plateau unless she announces baby #2. I still cannot tell if her baby is SO CHILL or if she hides that Cove is fussy to look perfect.
I don’t know how the YT moms do it either... like the whole #2under2 is now a goal.
My son is 3 months old, doesn’t let me use the bathroom or look at my phone for 10mns, constantly wants to be held so I COULD NEVER . Love him more than life itself but that’s a lot of work (I’m a single mom) and I’m sure there’s babies out there who are a lot worse....

Aww I’m wishing you luck. I agree about the baby #2 thing. Her channel’s fallen flat. I feel like whenever a young woman YouTuber (normally in her 20s, and has a big teen following) has a baby, her whole channel changes in this weird way. I mean, of course because they had a baby, but it’s still changes in a way that won’t go back to the way it was before.

A lot of these YouTube moms are doing the 2 under 2 thing, which sounds so tiring...
I can smell bullshit from a mile away. :P
thealesc
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thealesc »

Frootloops3 wrote:
mina_lv wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm
wonderwall99 wrote:Maybe for vlog content but I really doubt it. Imagine the second kid is even slightly fussier than cove, she'd hire 3 more assistants. I think she is scared to have a baby that isnt as calm as cove, or as calm as she portrays her to be.

Aww I’m wishing you luck. I agree about the baby #2 thing. Her channel’s fallen flat. I feel like whenever a young woman YouTuber (normally in her 20s, and has a big teen following) has a baby, her whole channel changes in this weird way. I mean, of course because they had a baby, but it’s still changes in a way that won’t go back to the way it was before.

A lot of these YouTube moms are doing the 2 under 2 thing, which sounds so tiring...
I used to always want #2under2 until I popped this one out. My little man is 4 months old and damn.
I hope (and this is so so so petty but eh) her next baby is a boy with colic and reflux like mine, because let me tell ya, it ain’t fun. He wakes up every 20-30 minutes at night.
I’d LOVE to see aspen deal with that, plus housework and a job.

Return to “A-H”