So Clara and Lucy are walking shouldn't they be concerned Tommy's not
Mickey123
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

Unread post by Mickey123 »

geezlouise_99 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:02 pm So Clara and Lucy are walking shouldn't they be concerned Tommy's not
I wonder if he can walk and they aren't showing it, or he really is just standing there and going nowhere. I noticed on a clip from instagram that he took a step and the camera cut off. Could be he just fell flat on his face or that he is walking. I know some kids are slow about walking, but to actively not try and help him is wrong. My youngest walked at a year and three months, he was lazy, but we worked every day and encouraged him.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Walking kids are harder to control than babies are. Why would Ellie encourage him to walk? It’s more important to teach him to climb DOWN the stairs so he can get the hell away from her.

Mama has online shopping to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Walking kids are harder to control than babies are. Why would Ellie encourage him to walk? It’s more important to teach him to climb DOWN the stairs so he can get the hell away from her.

Mama has online shopping to do!

Wasn’t there a few instances when it seemed like Ellie maybe “encouraged him to sit” when he was learning to stand, if you catch my drift? Maybe she’s still doing that, making learning to walk even harder for him. Generally, the younger siblings walk faster than their olders because they trying to keep up with the older kids.
minniemickey23
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minniemickey23 »

Sickandtired wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:34 am Ruby had what, 5 miscarriages? I firmly believe that her body was trying to tell her something.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What an insensitive thing to say! By your knowledge, I shouldn’t even try for another one because I’ve have 8 miscarriages, because my “body is trying to tell me something.” What a bunch of bullshit!
I don’t think that’s what the initial poster meant. Sometimes it is your body’s way of telling something - example- i know several women with recurrent miscarriages that find out their progesterone was low or their thyroid was way off. I’m so sorry for your losses.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

minniemickey23 wrote:
Sickandtired wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:34 am Ruby had what, 5 miscarriages? I firmly believe that her body was trying to tell her something.

What an insensitive thing to say! By your knowledge, I shouldn’t even try for another one because I’ve have 8 miscarriages, because my “body is trying to tell me something.” What a bunch of bullshit!
I don’t think that’s what the initial poster meant. Sometimes it is your body’s way of telling something - example- i know several women with recurrent miscarriages that find out their progesterone was low or their thyroid was way off. I’m so sorry for your losses.

Thanks. You're right. I expressed it very badly. I apologize again for any bruised feelings.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Geez, what's up with her? Maybe she is pregnant and its taking it out of her... wasn't she just saying how magical the snow is or something and now she's rolling eyes about it when its been around for like 10 minutes?[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201911 ... d205ed.jpg[/IMG]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

131618 wrote:Geez, what's up with her? Maybe she is pregnant and its taking it out of her... wasn't she just saying how magical the snow is or something and now she's rolling eyes about it when its been around for like 10 minutes?[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201911 ... d205ed.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe she is pissed because she's _not_ pregnant.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I am no Jared fan, but I have experience working with and being around negative people and I find it extremely painful, so I can only imagine how exhausted and helpless he must feel on a daily basis living with Ellie. She will never be happy enough, so Jared will never be allowed to be truly content either... neither will the kids. Their lives will be an endless journey of trying to make Queen Ellie happy. That isn’t fair to any of them. Ellie needs to get over her self-involved self and realize that she’s a mother now and no longer the baby. She needs to serve her kids, and not the other way around. At the very least, she doesn’t need another baby. She wants one for all the wrong reasons. I hope Jared holds strong and doesn’t give in this time. I’m sure he will though. I truly believe he just wants to see her finally happy.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm At the very least, she doesn’t need another baby. She wants one for all the wrong reasons. I hope Jared holds strong and doesn’t give in this time. I’m sure he will though. I truly believe he just wants to see her finally happy.
The Griffith sisters don't think about the financial aspects of having a baby. Julie was not working outside of YouTube when she got pregnant meaning no healthcare benefits and Landon had returned to school or he also was not working. After Julie announced Landon wasn't accepted into the PhD program, she said they had much to be thankful for including having the perfect family with two boys and two girls (paraphrasing). I remember the video showing the concern Joel had when Bonnie announced she was pregnant with Lincoln resulting in Joel saying they'll have another mouth to feed. Now, all of them are heading into an uncertain time in January with YouTube, this would be reason enough for Ellie to wait to add to their family and I believe Jared knows this.
Bollie could be their main income, it continues to be a risky business for different reasons and I was surprise to see they had a pretty big sale (45% off) yesterday including free shipping. It's possible many of their new and returning customers will wait until they have some sort of sale in the future and start expecting free shipment when you spend less like $50.00 vs. $150.00. If YouTube fails, how will this affect Bollie could keep Jared up at night too.
scojacar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by scojacar »

Most of the Mormon families I’ve known have just popped out babies without thinking about the financial aspect, too. To be fair, most of the families were pretty well off financially to begin with. But the Mormon family in my neighborhood was renting a 3 bedroom house for 2 parents + 7 kids that ranged in age from 2 to 18. The oldest girl was my age and from what I knew about her, the family wasn’t very well off, so they obviously weren’t thinking about finances when they kept having kids.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

scojacar wrote:Most of the Mormon families I’ve known have just popped out babies without thinking about the financial aspect, too. To be fair, most of the families were pretty well off financially to begin with. But the Mormon family in my neighborhood was renting a 3 bedroom house for 2 parents + 7 kids that ranged in age from 2 to 18. The oldest girl was my age and from what I knew about her, the family wasn’t very well off, so they obviously weren’t thinking about finances when they kept having kids.
I knew lots of Mormons when I was in high school, and they seemed to have a handle on finances before having kids. Maybe it's the community. I lived in the Bay Area which is expensive. I always thought it was a Griffiths thing, but maybe other Mormon families are that way too. Ruby and Kevin didn't think about finances either. They just kept trying to have more, even though they say they could barely afford to feed the kids they had. Ellie was on fertility treatments via her dad's insurance when they were supposedly so broke that they had to choose between food and gas some weeks, she says they lived on potatoes (although she was buying Shiseido skin care-- what Ellie wants, Ellie gets).
Funny that they all used to claim to follow Dave Ramsey. Something tells me he doesn't encourage people to have babies when they are financially unstable.

StreetTacosTalking
Talker
Talker

Unread post by StreetTacosTalking »

lmmomSD wrote:
scojacar wrote:Most of the Mormon families I’ve known have just popped out babies without thinking about the financial aspect, too. To be fair, most of the families were pretty well off financially to begin with. But the Mormon family in my neighborhood was renting a 3 bedroom house for 2 parents + 7 kids that ranged in age from 2 to 18. The oldest girl was my age and from what I knew about her, the family wasn’t very well off, so they obviously weren’t thinking about finances when they kept having kids.
I knew lots of Mormons when I was in high school, and they seemed to have a handle on finances before having kids. Maybe it's the community. I lived in the Bay Area which is expensive. I always thought it was a Griffiths thing, but maybe other Mormon families are that way too. Ruby and Kevin didn't think about finances either. They just kept trying to have more, even though they say they could barely afford to feed the kids they had. Ellie was on fertility treatments via her dad's insurance when they were supposedly so broke that they had to choose between food and gas some weeks, she says they lived on potatoes (although she was buying Shiseido skin care-- what Ellie wants, Ellie gets).
Funny that they all used to claim to follow Dave Ramsey. Something tells me he doesn't encourage people to have babies when they are financially unstable.

Ironically enough, Ramsey says you can’t place monetary value on kids and not to let that hold you back.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

He also says to buy used children’s items and to save for college.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cgl33 wrote:He also says to buy used children’s items and to save for college.
We bought a lot of used clothing for our kids (except shoes). In San Diego, there are some downright posh second hand stores. But Ellie and her sisters would rather spend on themselves. They're so weird about that. Ellie spends on the matching outfits for photos, but they won't spend on regular clothes for the kids.
Maybe that's why they don't concern themselves with providing for the kids. They put themselves before the kids anyway, so it doesn't matter to them.

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Looks like they still have the property
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

She always brags about the stupidest stuff. I wouldn’t go on instastory to tell everyone that my parents shovel their elderly neighbor’s house every time it snows. People would be like big deal, who doesn’t? Is this a Mormon thing to have to document good deeds or a Griffith thing?
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Cgl33 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:37 pm She always brags about the stupidest stuff. I wouldn’t go on instastory to tell everyone that my parents shovel their elderly neighbor’s house every time it snows. People would be like big deal, who doesn’t? Is this a Mormon thing to have to document good deeds or a Griffith thing?
I also always notice how the whole family brags about and makes sure everyone knows how hard they "work" so that then they deserve to "play hard." It's hilarious because I've never seen anyone work less hard than that family. And it'll be things like cleaning up the house that they consider such hard work, things that are normal for most people.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why is _she_ bragging about JOEL plowing other people's driveways? She has nothing to do with it, and she personally never does anything for anyone else unless there's something in it for her.

geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geezlouise_99 »

I thought they upload three times a week not 1 day a week

Return to “Ellie and Jared”