Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

evil_twin_ wrote:I am listening to Katie's podcast "The Danger of Not Trusting Yourself." She said she was very specifically taught while growing up not to trust herself. She wore one of her "Trust Yourself" shirts to her parents' house, and her mom said, "You know that's the opposite of what I've always taught you." That blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
I don’t think Katie is a reliable narrator tbh.

Plus I don’t think she can trust her judgement these days given the choices they are making. If Katie is taking her power back like some seem to think, I actually believe they were better off when they cared what family thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by irishmiss »

evil_twin_ wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm I am listening to Katie's podcast "The Danger of Not Trusting Yourself." She said she was very specifically taught while growing up not to trust herself. She wore one of her "Trust Yourself" shirts to her parents' house, and her mom said, "You know that's the opposite of what I've always taught you." That blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Omg she said that? I’m trying to find it now!

I can’t believe she is so publicly criticizing her family when they have done so much for her! No wonder there is a big rift. I’m sure Kelley is furious with her.

Regarding her mom saying that, I think Katie has completely misread what her mom means by that. I don’t think she literally meant “don’t trust anything you think and just do what I say”. She probably meant look to god and other older wiser people for guidance before making big decisions.

Katie is so twisted in the head right now
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

The kids were way better off when C&K cared what family thought about their parenting! Now they just continue to ruin their children. In the vlog today Cullen and Gaines were being so mean to Brooks over "lying" about leaving water out for the dog. I get trying to explain to him that making up a story is lying but I think he was being harsh. Then of course he was allowing Gaines to speak to her brother like she has authority over him. But if Gaines had been "telling a story/lying they would have treated the incident completely different.

I understand feeling like your parent is constantly questioning you parenting skills but with Katie I don't believe that her parents are being malicious. Obviously, it wasn't something too terrible that went on between them because they still see them. I assume they suggested Katie and Cullen go back to the real world and get jobs. Or god forbid suggest that they ease up on poor Brooks and feed their kids something other than cheese covered noodles for every meal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Right now c&k have somewhat got their shit together and feel like they can do anything but in 6-12 months time of Cullen has a relapse and shit hits the fan who will Katie turn to then? Bad times are going to happen some day and she will have alienated her family.

If she keeps up this public criticism of her mother I can see Kelley addressing it. I think Kelley must be furious about what Katie is saying and will snap if Katie says much more
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie doesn't have to be so childish to wear a provocative shirt when visiting her mother, not smart, or a wise approach to solve a problem. But I have done wrong things as well when I try to change, you tend to exaggerate maybe or apply it on the wrong moments, I have at least. Katie doesn't come across to me though as someone who doesn't trust herself, and I don't know what she means by it. The only concrete thing I know she explained is that she wanted to learn to say NO, but this has a weak connection if truly at all, with self-trust. Katie wants to say she is open but really isn't.

Did she give examples of her mom _treating_ her in certain ways that implicitly taught and caused her not to trust herself? Or was she vague and non insightful, as usual :P , and only repeated the pretty meaningless statement 'she has to trust herself', and that her mother said "you know that is the opposite etc" ? Saying you shouldn't trust yourself in certain situations is a whole lot different than being treated as such and doesn't really cause self-trust issues, like in doubting your perception or not taking yourself seriously enough and truly believing in yourself. It sounds more like listen to God to me, which in it's deepest meaning means precisely the opposite: trusting yourself by listening to God inside yourself. Or else I'm flabbergasted a mother would teach her child to distrust herself, I mean in an explicit, saying-way.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Katie is passive aggressive. Always has been, at least as long as they have been on social media. She makes vague, cryptic comments on Twitter and IG, and never comes out and says what she means or whom she is aiming her comments at.
Wonder if Kelley and Dolly said that they weren't going to keep taking the kids just so C&K could get wasted and sleep all day. They've talked about day drinking.
Cullen can't "relapse", because he's not in recovery. They have posted a ton of videos of themselves obviously wasted. He may not be doing drugs, but he is still drinking a lot.
They keep going on about how "happy" they are. But if you are passive aggressively sniping at your family online, you can't be happy, really. It's just not a healthy way to deal with things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thatonemom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thatonemom »

Hi All! Long time lurker and 1st time posting in this forum. I used to watch C&K vlogs regularly and now I barely watch as they are so freaking boring! I get caught up on the shit show that is their life by reading here..lol! I was looking at their homeowners associate newsletter and there was something in there about the leash law in their town...obviously, pets have to be leashed at all times and owners are to pick up after their pets...we know C&K does not do either of those things! There was also something about the golf course and how people are not supposed to be on the golf course if they are not playing golf...duh! It said to stay off the cart paths and there was to be no bike riding. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago cullen had the kids out there with the car and was pulling them up and down the hill? At one point, I am pretty sure cullen mentioned a golfer was near by and they were possibly in their way. No doubt, them moving into that fancy neighborhood and acting like trailer trash was part of the rift with Kelley and Jay. I was also surprised to see ALL the rules that residents must follow..new mulch every year...things like that, pretty strict! I bet Kelly and Jay cannot wait for them to move.....I feel bad for the neighbors of where ever they are moving..lol
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I have a narcissist for a mother. One thing I can add is- I was brought up to constantly second guess myself. My grandma isn't a narcissist, not sure who my mom picked this up from or what happened in her life to enjoy causing chaos.
I can also say, once my mommy dearest narcissist started reading up on certain things we accused her of, she was all of a sudden an overnight know-it-all and everything is our fault.. she's perfect LMFAO

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

onbreak wrote:I have a narcissist for a mother. One thing I can add is- I was brought up to constantly second guess myself. My grandma isn't a narcissist, not sure who my mom picked this up from or what happened in her life to enjoy causing chaos.
I can also say, once my mommy dearest narcissist started reading up on certain things we accused her of, she was all of a sudden an overnight know-it-all and everything is our fault.. she's perfect LMFAO

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Which as others have pointed out already, that is exactly the attitude that Katie has with her new found self help journey.

Brooks is wild because he is just like Cullen and a boy.

They don't know how to have a healthy relationship because her parents didn't know how to communicate.

Someone gives parenting/life advice bam they are toxic and she just needs to trust her self.

I really think she is just trying to convince herself that she doesn't need a fancy house, name brand clothes and the lifestyle she was brought up with. But not because she realizes those material things aren't important. The only reason she is suddenly okay with this new lifestyle is because she has no other choice. They can't afford a life like her sister and parents. If the money suddenly came rolling back in they would keep the huge house and fill the kids closets with all the smocked/monogrammed overpriced outfits.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

thatonemom wrote:Hi All! Long time lurker and 1st time posting in this forum. I used to watch C&K vlogs regularly and now I barely watch as they are so freaking boring! I get caught up on the shit show that is their life by reading here..lol! I was looking at their homeowners associate newsletter and there was something in there about the leash law in their town...obviously, pets have to be leashed at all times and owners are to pick up after their pets...we know C&K does not do either of those things! There was also something about the golf course and how people are not supposed to be on the golf course if they are not playing golf...duh! It said to stay off the cart paths and there was to be no bike riding. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago cullen had the kids out there with the car and was pulling them up and down the hill? At one point, I am pretty sure cullen mentioned a golfer was near by and they were possibly in their way. No doubt, them moving into that fancy neighborhood and acting like trailer trash was part of the rift with Kelley and Jay. I was also surprised to see ALL the rules that residents must follow..new mulch every year...things like that, pretty strict! I bet Kelly and Jay cannot wait for them to move.....I feel bad for the neighbors of where ever they are moving..lol
Welcome! You and I think the same way. It may not be the whole reason for the rift, but as active as Kelley is in the country club, and the way C&K run around breaking the HOA rules (letting the dogs run loose on the golf course and in the neighborhood, driving the golf cart around wasted, letting the kids run loose on the golf course, not picking up after the dogs) I am sure it's got _something_ to do with it.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am So, one of the dogs was out "going tee tee" (what grown man says that?) and went after another dog, and got bitten.
This is what happens when you let your dogs run loose. She probably thinks the golf course is her territory. And she was "doing that ankle bite thing that she does". So she instigated. Their neighbors are probably going to be so happy for them to leave!
I wonder if their trashy behavior in the neighborhood had something to do with the fall-out with Kelley. I can imagine people saying something to Kelley and Jay about them, and those two getting tired of looking bad by association, and telling C&K to get their act together.
They are walking talking proof that money can't buy class. And they don't even have the money anymore.

It’s a race to the bottom of the red neck barrel, between C&K and their nemesis Sam and Nia.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am So, one of the dogs was out "going tee tee" (what grown man says that?) and went after another dog, and got bitten.
This is what happens when you let your dogs run loose. She probably thinks the golf course is her territory. And she was "doing that ankle bite thing that she does". So she instigated. Their neighbors are probably going to be so happy for them to leave!
I wonder if their trashy behavior in the neighborhood had something to do with the fall-out with Kelley. I can imagine people saying something to Kelley and Jay about them, and those two getting tired of looking bad by association, and telling C&K to get their act together.
They are walking talking proof that money can't buy class. And they don't even have the money anymore.

It’s a race to the bottom of the red neck barrel, between C&K and their nemesis Sam and Nia.
LMAO! Remember how everyone loved them back then?
Lo, how the mighty have fallen!

thatonemom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thatonemom »

Scar2016 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Ha! I was just thinking about the issue Cullen had with Sam years ago at Vlogger Fair. Cullen and Katie were on their high horse looking down on Sam and now look where they are! Don't get me wrong...I can't stand Sam and Nia but they are doing well in comparison to C&K! They have over 2 million subs (granted Sam bought most of those but at least he could afford to do that..lol) and they just moved into a new house. At least they were smart enough to entirely pay off their old house before buying a new one. Oh how the tides have changed.......hahahahaha
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The really sad part is I think C and K made it sound like their first house was mostly paid off and they were making a profit from the sale. Then they bought the mcmansion and their channel tanked so they lost all of that equity they had in their old house and are now barely making it.

In yesterday's vlog she was talking about get all of their cable/cell phone Bill's lowered to save money. Which everyone should do from time to time but I think they were doing it out of necessity.

I am curious to know what their game plan is for January. It seems like family channels are going to be labeled as for kids simply because they have young children in their videos. The gravy train is ending and they face heavy fines for mislabeling their content. I would hope that Katie would grow up and go back to work at least part time. They could continue their podcasts and Instagram ads and be fine.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Ok..so they said they went to doc and Dolly’s to decorate with Kelley and jay..but they didn’t show any of it. They always show it. Hmm..that’s telling. Those sisters do not get along anymore. Can you imagine all the sniping that must have gone on whilst trying to decorate? Would have been hell.
evil_twin_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by evil_twin_ »

Catface2 wrote:Ok..so they said they went to doc and Dolly’s to decorate with Kelley and jay..but they didn’t show any of it. They always show it. Hmm..that’s telling. Those sisters do not get along anymore. Can you imagine all the sniping that must have gone on whilst trying to decorate? Would have been hell.
Katie posted a video on Instagram wishing her dad a Happy Birthday, and the whole family was involved, including Kelley and her family. They all _seemed_ happy, but who knows?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Their realtor posted on her FB page they’re having an Open House this Sunday.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

wishes wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:08 pm Their realtor posted on her FB page they’re having an Open House this Sunday.
maybe whoever was interested in it backed out.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Maybe they are just looking for a buyer with no contingencies?

GigglyMint
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GigglyMint »

Boymomma123 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:50 pm Maybe they are just looking for a buyer with no contingencies?

Likely this. They don’t want to lose the house they want to buy.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”