Knorpp and South: Manic Megan’s Pinterest Palace | Part 2

Ellawitt
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: Knorpp and South: Manic Megan’s Pinterest Palace | Part 2

Unread post by Ellawitt »

She said in the new vlog she wants her house to look like it’s not new.... It’s going to look brand new next to all of the other houses on her street that look NOTHING like the outside of that house. *facepalm*
SNT41007
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SNT41007 »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 4 days to decorate the White House and they have so much thrift store junk that it takes that long to set it all up. There is SO MUCH CRAP in that huge rental, where in the F$#& are they going to put a quarter of that in their "new" house, if they ever move in. She is such a hoarder. She has to have spent at least 50K in thrift store junk since they came back from Europe. They had NOTHING before that. Business opportunity....anyone that's a budding business owner, open a thrift store in Davidson NC and retire at the age of 30 thanks to Meggie.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

SNT41007 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:35 pm I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 4 days to decorate the White House and they have so much thrift store junk that it takes that long to set it all up. There is SO MUCH CRAP in that huge rental, where in the F$#& are they going to put a quarter of that in their "new" house, if they ever move in. She is such a hoarder. She has to have spent at least 50K in thrift store junk since they came back from Europe. They had NOTHING before that. Business opportunity....anyone that's a budding business owner, open a thrift store in Davidson NC and retire at the age of 30 thanks to Meggie.
Maybe in 10 yrs she will be on Hoarders
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

hbee123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:01 pm
BadgerBulger wrote:
hbee123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 am
I think pearls back was perfectly treatable but they were unwilling to sacrifice their life style for having to go to a doctor consistently to adjust a back brace. They chose full time travel over their daughters health. No doctor in their right mind would ever advise a parent to leave their child’s back like pearls. I guarantee they were told her back isn’t detrimental to her health but with frequent adjustments and a back brace, we can prevent it from getting worse. But they didn’t want to do that, so left it as is. Unfortunately she’s too old to do anything about it now.
Esther is probably too old to fix it as well. Poor thing. you usually have to intervene before puberty with scoliosis, surgery is her only option now and I’m sure with them being essential oil nuts that won’t happen either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the Forum Rules Page:
Rule 1.q-
Please refrain from mocking or diagnosing mental and physical illnesses. You are not the personal doctor to anyone here, and thus should not suggest what anyone has, be it a member, YouTuber or a YouTuber's child.

Unless you were attending doctors visits with the Knorpps, there's no reason you should be assuming any information provided is false, and moreso, should not be diagnosing any illnesses/syndromes/etc.

Nah I’m not diagnosing anyone. Simply speculating that they have certainty not done everything they possibly could to help Pearls medical condition they have already disclosed to the world Image i don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility to assume this.

Also, why is calling Megan “manic” not diagnosing?

Manic can describe behavior outside of being a diagnosis. It's still just an adjective.
SNT41007
Talker
Talker

IHateCilantro wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm
SNT41007 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:35 pm I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 4 days to decorate the White House and they have so much thrift store junk that it takes that long to set it all up. There is SO MUCH CRAP in that huge rental, where in the F$#& are they going to put a quarter of that in their "new" house, if they ever move in. She is such a hoarder. She has to have spent at least 50K in thrift store junk since they came back from Europe. They had NOTHING before that. Business opportunity....anyone that's a budding business owner, open a thrift store in Davidson NC and retire at the age of 30 thanks to Meggie.
Maybe in 10 yrs she will be on Hoarders
This actually makes me wonder what kind of childhood trauma she must have had to have to act this way as an adult. Collecting children and things. Placing a special meaning to everything and not letting anything go and when she does let things go (like when they downsized and traveled) her first instinct when they came back was to buy buy buy buy buy buy...but she's buying all the used crap that no one had any use for, and she's trying to give it new meaning. At the risk of diagnosing I will stop there, but a google search of such behavior makes it pretty obvious.
SweetiePie60
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by SweetiePie60 »

I see where Andrew got his thought process. His MOTHER!!! She is an expert in everything thrifting. She’s an expert in art, furniture and crap! Today’s vlog had me screaming at my computer calling her every name in the book!

She wants to finish the house herself. Meaning the builder will stop building at the drywall point and Then she will take over and do the rest. Meaning Megan, Mike and the kids!

She gets her expertise from Pinterest. UGH!!

Care2Share
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Care2Share »

Guys. She bought all that crap in 18 months! Wtf! She filled a 4000 sq ft house to the rafters w junk. Most people have less than half of all that and have collected it over a lifetime. Megan literally bought thousands of pieces in, what, say 500 days. Do the math. With all the little pictures, figurines, lamps, dishes, books, furniture, baskets, the list goes on and on. That’s probably an average of at least 4 pieces a day, every day, for 500 days. There is something very very NOT NORMAL about that! She needs to open her own thrift store, so she can buy and sell garbage to her hearts content. And not leave them penniless. This is a woman w 9 kids! She clearly does nothing else. You can kinda see Mike knows she is loony tunes. “Yeah, we have more than enough lamps”.

Cut to the next vlog, after they get the quote from the builder. Most builders charge about $150-200 per sq ft. That’s just for the basics. Another $200K to shell out. By the time the house is built, if it actually gets that far, it will be another 18 months. Can you imagine all the mountains of “collections” she will have by then?

I have been a nurse for 28 years. In my opinion, she is mentally ill. Not diagnosing 😉. She will ruin that family. Mike is too afraid of her and her pink obsession, to be a man and get her help.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

SweetiePie60 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm I see where Andrew got his thought process. His MOTHER!!! She is an expert in everything thrifting. She’s an expert in art, furniture and crap! Today’s vlog had me screaming at my computer calling her every name in the book!

She wants to finish the house herself. Meaning the builder will stop building at the drywall point and Then she will take over and do the rest. Meaning Megan, Mike and the kids!

She gets her expertise from Pinterest. UGH!!

Pinterest Failllllllllllll

My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

Mike's sarcasm is quite passive aggressive. He clearly doesn't approve of her shopping/spending, but other than sarcasm, what's he really do about it? What is Mike doing all day while she's lost in lala land? Does anyone else wonder what he does? He could have his own obsession we never see.
SNT41007
Talker
Talker

I am not even 10 minutes in to this thrifting vlog. At first I thought she was literally mocking us and this forum but OMG she is so serious. So now she collects watercolor paintings too? So wait...baskets, owls, brass animals, christmas decorations, books, shitty smelly furniture that she can chalk paint, and now watercolor paintings too? Remember those old school brass baby shoes people had made back in the "mid century?" I wonder since she collects brass things when she's going to have Mike's balls dipped in brass for her collection. He's not using them anyway, and she collects them too right?
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

1Poodle1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm Mike's sarcasm is quite passive aggressive. He clearly doesn't approve of her shopping/spending, but other than sarcasm, what's he really do about it? What is Mike doing all day while she's lost in lala land? Does anyone else wonder what he does? He could have his own obsession we never see.
Mike needs TruckNuts (google them, LOL)
NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

1Poodle1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm Mike's sarcasm is quite passive aggressive. He clearly doesn't approve of her shopping/spending, but other than sarcasm, what's he really do about it? What is Mike doing all day while she's lost in lala land? Does anyone else wonder what he does? He could have his own obsession we never see.
He's openly said he won't sit on furniture that's used, because of unknown fluids. After Meggie read off what makes up that "unique" thrift store scent, I imagine he was 100% done sitting on most surfaces in his own home.

It's kind of sad that she knows how he feels, and refuses to actually make sure he can be comfortable in his own home.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

NarcoelpsyMom wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm
He's openly said he won't sit on furniture that's used, because of unknown fluids. After Meggie read off what makes up that "unique" thrift store scent, I imagine he was 100% done sitting on most surfaces in his own home.

It's kind of sad that she knows how he feels, and refuses to actually make sure he can be comfortable in his own home.
That Thrift Store scent is from Old Lady Perfume (especially Giorgio! UGH) and shellac.
Billy Bob Thornton is afraid of antiques and Orange foods... Perhaps him and Mike can go to therapy together.
Icecreamblue
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Icecreamblue »

When she called Mike out about sneaking fast food, I thought he was going to pop!
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

All these MommyBloggers have submissive hubbies
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

IHateCilantro wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 pm All these MommyBloggers have submissive hubbies
Interesting. I only watch Megan and Mike and Our Tribe of Many. I don't think Solo is submissive. Maybe he is and I don't see it. He seems very well adjusted to me. Although, he has agreed to having 10 kids because that's what she wants. ;)
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

1Poodle1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:13 pm
IHateCilantro wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 pm All these MommyBloggers have submissive hubbies
Interesting. I only watch Megan and Mike and Our Tribe of Many. I don't think Solo is submissive. Maybe he is and I don't see it. He seems very well adjusted to me. Although, he has agreed to having 10 kids because that's what she wants. ;)
Sarah and Solo dont count in this. I dont put her in the same category
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

SNT41007 wrote:I am not even 10 minutes in to this thrifting vlog. At first I thought she was literally mocking us and this forum but OMG she is so serious. So now she collects watercolor paintings too? So wait...baskets, owls, brass animals, christmas decorations, books, shitty smelly furniture that she can chalk paint, and now watercolor paintings too? Remember those old school brass baby shoes people had made back in the "mid century?" I wonder since she collects brass things when she's going to have Mike's balls dipped in brass for her collection. He's not using them anyway, and she collects them too right?
You forgot creepy dolls and pretty books. Every few weeks she claims to collect a new set of items. She reminds me of the people on Hoarders, who are filling voids in their lives with junk.

And let’s all take this moment to remember those ugly gold metal decorations she bought for the new house. I’ll bet everything that those get lost on the sea of junk or end up making zero sense in the new house and we never see them again.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MervelllaB »

I have OCD and one of the things that stresses me is things that are old and unknown. It’s quite bad. I even struggle with chairs in waiting rooms, restaurants etc. I don’t really do hotels because sleeping in other beds is an idea that repulses me.
I’m finding the videos a difficult watch recently because of the thrifting and now the gross new house! I actually feel like I need to shower after watching! I could maybe understand if that house had character or the items she buys did.
For the most part it’s all just rubbish!!

Icecreamblue
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Icecreamblue »

Tiger27 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:22 am
SNT41007 wrote:I am not even 10 minutes in to this thrifting vlog. At first I thought she was literally mocking us and this forum but OMG she is so serious. So now she collects watercolor paintings too? So wait...baskets, owls, brass animals, christmas decorations, books, shitty smelly furniture that she can chalk paint, and now watercolor paintings too? Remember those old school brass baby shoes people had made back in the "mid century?" I wonder since she collects brass things when she's going to have Mike's balls dipped in brass for her collection. He's not using them anyway, and she collects them too right?
You forgot creepy dolls and pretty books. Every few weeks she claims to collect a new set of items. She reminds me of the people on Hoarders, who are filling voids in their lives with junk.

And let’s all take this moment to remember those ugly gold metal decorations she bought for the new house. I’ll bet everything that those get lost on the sea of junk or end up making zero sense in the new house and we never see them again.

I did not understand that AT ALL. She took one Pinterest photo and before even speaking with a builder, is buying stuff!? How about hang ACTUAL USEABLE items! Like...idk...POTS and PANS! And with such a big family and a small house...do you REALLY want open shelving?

Return to “I-P”