RachelEarlsVlogs

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: RachelEarlsVlogs

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

YTIG60 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 am I have many friends who are service academy grads and ROTC. I always have a special respect for them and their families for their sacrifices. Not one would look for the easy way. I am a bit disappointed that he would leave for the YT dollar. Actual not a bit a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are somewhat unique on YouTube since there are many families vlogging their daily life, so Harold's military experiences did play a part with their popularity. I think they may see a drop in subscribers and views or at least no growth when he leaves the Army. I saw the IG picture of him at Arlington cemetery and does anyone know how tall he is? This event would be a circumstance that I could see why there is a height requirement.
I believe he said he is either 5’11 or 5’9. He had to get a special waiver to be able to become a member of the Old Guard.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIG60 »

PirateWench8 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:29 am I believe he said he is either 5’11 or 5’9. He had to get a special waiver to be able to become a member of the Old Guard.
The other men must be really tall since they appear a foot taller than Harold.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

YTIG60 wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:29 am I believe he said he is either 5’11 or 5’9. He had to get a special waiver to be able to become a member of the Old Guard.
The other men must be really tall since they appear a foot taller than Harold.
I just looked it up to be in the Old Guard you’re required to be 5’10 and above. Exceptions are made for exceptional soldiers.

Meg0707
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Meg0707 »

PirateWench8 wrote:
Ld5 wrote:Rachel is just so whiny... whenever it’s just her talking, I’ll fast forward. I couldn’t even watch her videos from when Harold was climbing Everest or when he was at trainings.

If Harold himself wrote the book about his experience climbing Everest and his path through the military, I would actually buy the book. But we all know it’ll mostly be about how lonely she was while he was out accomplishing such a great thing.

I really hope he is smart making his next move. He seems to really love what he does and leaving the military just doesn’t seem like what he wants to do.

Btw- can he still be deployed within the year even with announcing he’s leaving?

Actually it can be for the next three years. When you graduate from the West Point academy you have to serve 5 years of active duty. If you decide not to re-up after those five years you’re required to serve three years in the inactive ready reserve. I just asked my husband who was in the marines for 10 years.

I think he’s only leaving because Rachel can’t handle being a mother, or cleaning her house or even cooking him a meal. I feel bad for Harold he is a great man and father. If he quits and just sits home with Rachel all day she’s just going to talk down to him on camera and he’s going to getting really depressed. Harold is an emotional person and has to feel like he has purpose and sitting home is not going to cut it.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Meg0707 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 pm
PirateWench8 wrote:
Ld5 wrote:Rachel is just so whiny... whenever it’s just her talking, I’ll fast forward. I couldn’t even watch her videos from when Harold was climbing Everest or when he was at trainings.

If Harold himself wrote the book about his experience climbing Everest and his path through the military, I would actually buy the book. But we all know it’ll mostly be about how lonely she was while he was out accomplishing such a great thing.

I really hope he is smart making his next move. He seems to really love what he does and leaving the military just doesn’t seem like what he wants to do.

Btw- can he still be deployed within the year even with announcing he’s leaving?

Actually it can be for the next three years. When you graduate from the West Point academy you have to serve 5 years of active duty. If you decide not to re-up after those five years you’re required to serve three years in the inactive ready reserve. I just asked my husband who was in the marines for 10 years.

I think he’s only leaving because Rachel can’t handle being a mother, or cleaning her house or even cooking him a meal. I feel bad for Harold he is a great man and father. If he quits and just sits home with Rachel all day she’s just going to talk down to him on camera and he’s going to getting really depressed. Harold is an emotional person and has to feel like he has purpose and sitting home is not going to cut it.

I agree with you I believe that is the only reason why he's leaving. She does nothing but whine about the amount of hours he works. Thank goodness he was never deployed. She would have had a mental breakdown!
neonneon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by neonneon »

Gosh, y'all really dislike Rachel lol. I didn't know people actually liked Harold cause to me he's one of the most obnoxious husband's on YouTube. I will never forget that one vlog (I shortly after stopped watching them altogether because of how much he annoyed me) where they were at the hospital for a pregnancy check up with Leo's pregnancy and he kept annoying the technician. Making dumb conversation and the technician basically just being like.....mmmmkay. it was so awkward.

He just always acts so over the top, the weird staring at Rachel when she talks, his constant giggling and just giving the impression as if he was rather.. simple. He gives me major Forrest Gump vibes.

Okay ngl, she's unbearable, too, but i still sympathize with her to a certain extent. Military life just sucks and it's not for everyone sooo I'm completely with her on that one. Even though his working hours as a civilian wouldn't be any better. Military is pretty supportive usually when it comes to family related issues (at least at my husbands military branch), I never lived or worked in the US but from what I heard, jobs kinda suck and typically give you way less flexibility because there's like not that many laws and regulations in place.

Last edited by neonneon on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neonneon
Amateur
Amateur

PirateWench8 wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Actually it can be for the next three years. When you graduate from the West Point academy you have to serve 5 years of active duty. If you decide not to re-up after those five years you’re required to serve three years in the inactive ready reserve. I just asked my husband who was in the marines for 10 years.

I agree with you I believe that is the only reason why he's leaving. She does nothing but whine about the amount of hours he works. Thank goodness he was never deployed. She would have had a mental breakdown!
Why yes, people tend to have mental breakdowns if there are significant life changes happening that they have no control over. Oh, and also depending on where your spouse goes, you miiiight freak out about them potentially never coming back to you alive. But I guess that's uhhh selfish... Image

Y'all seriously are either dependas who get off on your spouses occupation and want to be saluted to as well, or y'all aren't military. Or boomers. Maybe that's it.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

neonneon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm
PirateWench8 wrote:

Why yes, people tend to have mental breakdowns if there are significant life changes happening that they have no control over. Oh, and also depending on where your spouse goes, you miiiight freak out about them potentially never coming back to you alive. But I guess that's uhhh selfish... Image

Y'all seriously are either dependas who get off on your spouses occupation and want to be saluted to as well, or y'all aren't military. Or boomers. Maybe that's it.
Sorry I guess we struck a nerve. I'll put it too you this way. My adopted son and oldest nephew are the 6th generation in a row in my family to serve in the US Military starting in the Union Army in the Civil War. My husband is a retired Marine and I'm retired from the Air Force. We were not married to each other when we were in the Armed Forces. I live with a man who suffers from PTSD who I watch suffer every day who I have to take care of along with our children. If calling me a boomer or saying my family or I wasn't military was supposed to be an insult thank you for the laugh I needed it.
neonneon
Amateur
Amateur

PirateWench8 wrote:
neonneon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm
PirateWench8 wrote:

Sorry I guess we struck a nerve. I'll put it too you this way. My adopted son and oldest nephew are the 6th generation in a row in my family to serve in the US Military starting in the Union Army in the Civil War. My husband is a retired Marine and I'm retired from the Air Force. We were not married to each other when we were in the Armed Forces. I live with a man who suffers from PTSD who I watch suffer every day who I have to take care of along with our children. If calling me a boomer or saying my family or I wasn't military was supposed to be an insult thank you for the laugh I needed it.
Hm guess I struck a nerve there, too.
So we can all agree that being a military family is hard and nerve racking?

I genuinely look up to everyone who is seemingly doing alright in this life model. Because it is not for everyone. And that is my whole point. I stopped talking about my feelings to other spouses because of this exact reason that everyone gives you shit for not being able to handle certain situations regarding my husbands career, saying I'm not supportive or I should have known better than marrying him then. So yes, comments like those certainly struck a nerve for me.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

neonneon wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote:
neonneon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm Why yes, people tend to have mental breakdowns if there are significant life changes happening that they have no control over. Oh, and also depending on where your spouse goes, you miiiight freak out about them potentially never coming back to you alive. But I guess that's uhhh selfish... Image

And yes, I have said this before and I will say this again, I wish my husband would/could get out of the military. I personally have a hard time handling the uncertainty and all the risks and dNgers that come with the military life.

I genuinely look up to everyone who is seemingly doing alright in this life model. Because it is not for everyone. And that is my whole point. I stopped talking about my feelings to other spouses because of this exact reason that everyone gives you shit for not being able to handle certain situations regarding my husbands career, saying I'm not supportive or I should have known better than marrying him then. So yes, comments like those certainly struck a nerve for me.

I completely understand where you’re coming from regarding your situation. My husband always says if he knew in 1998 that we would go to war in Afghanistan he wouldn’t have stayed in. He was the only one of his team who made it back alive. His best friend died in his arms. Our second son’s middle name is Micheal in memory of that friend. I was a senior in high school during Desert Storm and my father was deployed there. Us kids were all older then and completely understood what was going on and the danger our Dad was in. We made our poor Mom’s life a living hell! What set me off with Rachel was when she complained about Harold standing at the casket of President Bush and not being home with her to help with Leo. Her lack of respect to a President who spent his entire adult life in service to his country just really ticked me off. Something tells me that Rachel won’t be happy even when Harold leaves the Army. She just strikes me as that type of person. The way she belittles him and talks down to him really bothers me. I love my husband dearly and hearing someone talk to their husband like that who they claim to love really upsets me. I would give anything to take my husband’s pain away. She’s just so fortunate he hasn’t been deployed to a war zone and all she does is complain. She should be thankful he has stayed
here in the states during his service and has stayed out of harms way. So many of us have not been that fortunate. She calls Leo a wild man quite often. I hate to tell her this, but he is actually a really good little guy for only being 2-years-old. Both of the boys are adorable. I think they both look a lot like Harold. I noticed in today’s vlog I saw Harold’s dad in Leo. That was the first time I’ve seen that.

neonneon
Amateur
Amateur

PirateWench8 wrote:
neonneon wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Sorry I guess we struck a nerve. I'll put it too you this way. My adopted son and oldest nephew are the 6th generation in a row in my family to serve in the US Military starting in the Union Army in the Civil War. My husband is a retired Marine and I'm retired from the Air Force. We were not married to each other when we were in the Armed Forces. I live with a man who suffers from PTSD who I watch suffer every day who I have to take care of along with our children. If calling me a boomer or saying my family or I wasn't military was supposed to be an insult thank you for the laugh I needed it.

And yes, I have said this before and I will say this again, I wish my husband would/could get out of the military. I personally have a hard time handling the uncertainty and all the risks and dNgers that come with the military life.

I completely understand where you’re coming from regarding your situation. My husband always says if he knew in 1998 that we would go to war in Afghanistan he wouldn’t have stayed in. He was the only one of his team who made it back alive. His best friend died in his arms. Our second son’s middle name is Micheal in memory of that friend. I was a senior in high school during Desert Storm and my father was deployed there. Us kids were all older then and completely understood what was going on and the danger our Dad was in. We made our poor Mom’s life a living hell! What set me off with Rachel was when she complained about Harold standing at the casket of President Bush and not being home with her to help with Leo. Her lack of respect to a President who spent his entire adult life in service to his country just really ticked me off. Something tells me that Rachel won’t be happy even when Harold leaves the Army. She just strikes me as that type of person. The way she belittles him and talks down to him really bothers me. I love my husband dearly and hearing someone talk to their husband like that who they claim to love really upsets me. I would give anything to take my husband’s pain away. She’s just so fortunate he hasn’t been deployed to a war zone and all she does is complain. She should be thankful he has stayed
here in the states during his service and has stayed out of harms way. So many of us have not been that fortunate. She calls Leo a wild man quite often. I hate to tell her this, but he is actually a really good little guy for only being 2-years-old. Both of the boys are adorable. I think they both look a lot like Harold. I noticed in today’s vlog I saw Harold’s dad in Leo. That was the first time I’ve seen that.

I'm sorry you and your family had to go through all this.

I don't watch them regularly so I don't really see how she's talking to him.

And I'm not saying at all that she's not whiny. I was pregnant the same time she was with leo and I was working a full-time, actual job and I was stressed out too and things were hard but I sure didn't whine about it the whole time.

I think a lot of her whining comes from how she was super sheltered as a child, at least that's the impression I get. She was probably always being taken care of and her parents would try to do as much for her as possible.

Not sure about that whole president situation you're referring to. I guess she might just not be super patriotic? I think typically most Americans are very proud of their country and all so I understand how that was disrespectful of her. There's things you can think but maybe shouldn't say out loud, I guess.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

neonneon wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote:
neonneon wrote:Hm guess I struck a nerve there, too.

I'm sorry you and your family had to go through all this.

I don't watch them regularly so I don't really see how she's talking to him.

And I'm not saying at all that she's not whiny. I was pregnant the same time she was with leo and I was working a full-time, actual job and I was stressed out too and things were hard but I sure didn't whine about it the whole time.

I think a lot of her whining comes from how she was super sheltered as a child, at least that's the impression I get. She was probably always being taken care of and her parents would try to do as much for her as possible.

Not sure about that whole president situation you're referring to. I guess she might just not be super patriotic? I think typically most Americans are very proud of their country and all so I understand how that was disrespectful of her. There's things you can think but maybe shouldn't say out loud, I guess.

I agree about her being sheltered. Heck they just called her Mom to come and help with the kids, because they’re both overwhelmed and busy. Of course she came to them immediately. As far as her whining when she’s pregnant with this last one it got to the point I would watch their vlogs for comedy relief. She is the first woman in the world to be pregnant with a young toddler. My oldest two are only 14 months apart. Was it hectic? Oh absolutely, but what a fun time in my life that was. They are now 13 1/2 and 12 1/2 and are each other’s best friend. I tried to put them in separate bedrooms so that they could have their privacy. That went over like a lead balloon. They’re still together, lol. I then asked my 11 and 7 year old daughters if they wanted to be separated? I think my 7 year old had her things in her new room in under two hours, lol!

Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

PirateWench8 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:30 am
neonneon wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Sorry I guess we struck a nerve. I'll put it too you this way. My adopted son and oldest nephew are the 6th generation in a row in my family to serve in the US Military starting in the Union Army in the Civil War. My husband is a retired Marine and I'm retired from the Air Force. We were not married to each other when we were in the Armed Forces. I live with a man who suffers from PTSD who I watch suffer every day who I have to take care of along with our children. If calling me a boomer or saying my family or I wasn't military was supposed to be an insult thank you for the laugh I needed it.

Even though Harold is getting out he can be recalled for years after. When my husband retired after 25 years he could be recalled up to 5 years after or until he would have met 30 years in .. So, just because he is out and we get into a WW he will be recalled and probably first because of his training.
Mazal1188
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mazal1188 »

Look I’m not in the military, neither is my family (I thank you all for your service though)
I just see two people trying to capitalize on what god gave them and make everything about them which is what frustrates me the most about Rachel earls and her husband.
Look god gave you so much, why rub it in other people faces and make them feel bad? I just think that is something wrong with out society today - constant narcissism and ego tripping even for “god-fearing” people
They seem like they are both workaholics who shove a camera in their kids face any chance they get to make another dollar
I wonder what god would have to say about that
and yes I am judging them

And you know they are going to say oh poor me I had a YouTube channel and had to deal with nasty comments
Give me a break
Other people have real problems

So yes I do pray for them and every other single person with this exact same character disease
Mazal1188
Talker
Talker

And that’s how I see all vloggers not just them
Mazal1188
Talker
Talker

One more thing!
I wouldn’t read their book if somebody paid me
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Please explain why saying “baa baa” is big deal since she even admitted it means nothing to him. I thought maybe that was what they called her mom, but nope she said it was just the sound he was making.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:Please explain why saying “baa baa” is big deal since she even admitted it means nothing to him. I thought maybe that was what they called her mom, but nope she said it was just the sound he was making.

He’s not talking he’s just babbling. Why she was freaking out about that is beyond me.

dramallama429
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dramallama429 »

They’re looking for a more affordable place to live and mention LA and Seattle! 😂 I guess they really are thinking they will make it big and Harold will never get a real civilian job.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

RachelEarlsVlogs

dramallama429 wrote:They’re looking for a more affordable place to live and mention LA and Seattle! Image I guess they really are thinking they will make it big and Harold will never get a real civilian job.
LA is more affordable? Omg I just can’t! ImageImageImage

Return to “Q-Z”