8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

Post Reply
sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:01 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 3071 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by sheltiefan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 am

Tinkerbell22 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am
That whole video with Eve seemed SO scripted to me. She asked Eve if she could vlog their conversation? Eve has NO idea what vlogging really means. That all of her emotions and conversations are permanently on the internet for anyone to see for the rest of her life.
Chad hasn’t changed one bit since being sent away. He constantly yells at Ruby and is disrespectful to her. If Kevin had any balls he would stand up to Chad and put him in his place.
Why on Earth would they get a puppy a month before they are moving? It’s going to be chaotic enough moving a family of 8 plus their pets they already have why throw a new puppy into all that hot mess? This family is SO screwed up it’s pathetic.
Baker is a crap name for a dog or a human being.
It sounded scripted to me too. All this life coach stuff is already getting annoying! Also I am glad the dog is sleeping with Russell. He is the one that raked and did odd jobs to earn money for another job. He is the one that kept asking for one too so maybe that's why Kevin and Ruby decided to let the puppy be with him.
User avatar
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:38 am
Has thanked: 737 times
Been thanked: 789 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Namm » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:55 am

shortstop wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:25 am
I’m glad they are treating Julie better ( Ruby and Shari) BUT is it just for the vlog?
Defentially for the vlogs. I suspect that Ruby has instructed them not to treat her bad on camera anymore, not good for business or their image in the long run.
Shari young viewers have left negative comments about how she treats Julie, so she is aware that people are watching and noticing. It could affect her channel negatively as well because Julie is very popular on both channels.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 2724 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:05 am

Tinkerbell22 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am
That whole video with Eve seemed SO scripted to me. She asked Eve if she could vlog their conversation? Eve has NO idea what vlogging really means. That all of her emotions and conversations are permanently on the internet for anyone to see for the rest of her life.
Chad hasn’t changed one bit since being sent away. He constantly yells at Ruby and is disrespectful to her. If Kevin had any balls he would stand up to Chad and put him in his place.
Why on Earth would they get a puppy a month before they are moving? It’s going to be chaotic enough moving a family of 8 plus their pets they already have why throw a new puppy into all that hot mess? This family is SO screwed up it’s pathetic.
Baker is a crap name for a dog or a human being.
I am 100% sure it was scripted (except when Eve went off book). Towards the end, Eve gets tired of her lines and literally just rattles off the main points she was given: "So I loved that dog. Um...and I loved the dog who died. I love them both. Big heart." Yeah really natural speaking pattern for a 6 yr old. (@5.18)

She also slips out of script when she repeats what must have been included in an off-camera speech to the kids saying that they "treated Nollie wrong", and that if they do the same to the new puppy "it will die" and it would be a huge "waste of money". She even says "cause that's what happened" - did they kill off a puppy without us noticing or do they mean Nollie still? Eve smiles every time some truth slips out and Chad reacts in exasperation. Why would they keep this in?!?

Every time Ruby releases Eve from these sessions, her whole demeanor changes and she starts chattering excitedly about playing with the puppy. At which point Ruby declares she is burying her pain again. I don't doubt that Eve's emotions over Nollie dying are genuine (she was one of the only ones who seemed to truly love her), but Eve is going to be 12 shades of f-ed up the way Ruby is using her one genuine emotion to convince her she hates this puppy and needs DAILY therapy with mom just to keep it alive. Perhaps they should have gotten a free one from the pound if they were really so worried about their kids murdering their investment.

I think when Julie refused Ruby's emotional manipulations for her new therapy storyline (SkiGate), she couldn't let the opportunity go and settled for unpredictable Eve, the last one she can emotionally manipulate without recourse. I honestly feel like I am watching a documentary on how sociopaths are created. Or a how-to-video on how to elicit false testimony for trial. Kids are so vulnerable and eager to please.

Oh, and getting the puppy right as they are moving? Fits into my theory that Russell gets scared in a room alone and they are locking the puppy in with him at night so they don't have to deal with him at the new house. They need a couple of weeks to get Russell bonded enough for him to provide enough comfort, that he doesn't seek out parental comfort.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 2724 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:36 pm

cvntlord0606 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:59 am
did anyone else find it weird in the new vlog where they meet the dog at around 5:06 mark chad puts his hands on sharis shoulders and just like holds her for a while? i couldn't help but see it as something that couples normally do when they are standing next to each other, idk something about it just seemed kinda off to me, a bit weird for siblings at that age to do something like that\
Yes! There was a moment in the Sibling gift exchange where a similar "innate couple moment" occurs when Shari leans in to Chad with her face fixated on his (link saved @13:43). Very awkward.

imoverit
Talker
Talker
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by imoverit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm

‘8 passengers: life coach Mom chooses our emotions for us’
Sunny
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Sunny » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:36 pm
cvntlord0606 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:59 am
did anyone else find it weird in the new vlog where they meet the dog at around 5:06 mark chad puts his hands on sharis shoulders and just like holds her for a while? i couldn't help but see it as something that couples normally do when they are standing next to each other, idk something about it just seemed kinda off to me, a bit weird for siblings at that age to do something like that\
Yes! There was a moment in the Sibling gift exchange where a similar "innate couple moment" occurs when Shari leans in to Chad with her face fixated on his (link saved @13:43). Very awkward.

I personally feel that Chad and Shari have a special connection with each other. Shari is a protector of Chad in a way. He seemed nervous about what the surprise was and as a coping mechanism he held onto Shari. Remember when they were surprised with the Hawaii trip? He had to leave and take a walk. Well, now that he has already been sent away, maybe he is using different methods to keep his emotions in check (ie: holding onto Shari). Besides she seemed okay with it. I think she too looks out for Chad. She knows the crazy that goes on in their house. Did you notice how jealous Ruby seemed of Shari, when they were talking about the dog being named Baker? Also, why is Russell allowed to yell at Kevin? That is so not okay.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 2724 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:02 pm

I am sorry for all the posting, but we never get to see the whole family interacting like this, and it is a goldmine for analyzing the dysfunctional dynamic.

1. Ruby wonders how upset Eve will be, as she hands the puppy one of her toys to destroy. Could she be any more blatant about trying to intentionally gaslight Eve? And poor Julie....Ruby also ponders how she is teaching the dog to eat birds at the same time.

2. Ruby, puppies and children are different. Not every toy is a "chew toy", and toys for children aren't safe for dogs. Poor Dwight/Ollie/Wally/ Baker is going to snap off that bird's legs and puncture his intestines. Good emergency vet footage I guess? Plus the kids can blame Eve because it is her toy, driving home Ruby's plan to make Eve believe the kids hate her, and that she wants to hurt the puppy due to her pain over Nollie.

3. It is interesting to see Russell allowed to barrel into the room yelling at Kevin, telling him his name ideas are stupid (what an wise old, laid back soul!). Kevin gets flustered implies that his name choices are just as stupid. This family is a mess. Perhaps if he didn't let queen Shari get away with such behavior, they younger kids wouldn't do the same. I wish I could make a Gif of Shari snapping at Kevin, "how offensive", when he dares to suggest the name 'Gizmo' (link saved @8:59).



4. Shari's need to control and dominate any situation is alarming. Ruby noted her surprise that Shari displayed any interest in another living creature, which makes me wonder if this is just her standard reaction when something is presented for the kids to share. Like how she shoves her siblings out of the way and launches herself on a pile of beanies just to claim one first. She spent the whole time hogging the puppy and trying to campaign for her name selections. The next night she grabs the dog for his first bath and tries to rob everyone else of sharing the experience by shutting them out of the bathroom.

5. Sure enough, Shari had convinced everyone to go with her name selections....to Ruby's dismay. She clearly wants the dog to be name Ollie.....probably to gaslight Eve...."it is silly to think Ollie is replacing Nollie!". Kevin comes to the realization that Ruby manipulated Russell into advocating for the name when he looks to her when he runs out of argument. Failing to manipulate Kevin, Ruby goes upstairs to lie to the kids that Kevin doesn't like the name Baker anymore. Chad calls her out on the lie and Ruby displays that same "duper's delight" smirk we see Eve use. She is unbelievable.

6. Perhaps Ruby should take some lessons in exerting effective control and manipulation from Shari. At least Ruby's failure to even manipulate a dog naming in her favor, gives me hope that she will also fail to effectively gaslight Eve.

7. Poor Julie. Her face when she found out Ruby was taking her out to breakfast to talk. I wonder if Ruby was just too lazy to drive her to school, or if she hasn't given up hope on continuing to mine Julie for more emotional "coaching" moments. Either there was so much footage it will get its own video, or Julie didn't fall for it.
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 3.44.17 PM.png
Julie looks thrilled for her surprise session with her new Life Coach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 379 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by sparkle lemon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Ugh - Ruby's attempts to psychoanalyze Eve are scary and SO manipulative. Fortunately Eve is a smart cookie and will learn pretty fast how to turn it all back on her mom. I can't wait for the "I don't want to do that mom - I'm feeling my my feelings" and "No mom, my feelings don't agree with you" moments to show up. Must be scary for Ruby to realize that even her 6 year old daughter is WAY smarter than she is. I think Eve is a survivor and has learned to manipulate both her family members and her situation to get away with doing what she wants. I also can't wait for the day when Kevin finally gets caught out - my money is on a secret grad student or someone else at BYU who is able to meet up with him when he goes away on trips. Everything about him screams 'cheater' to me.
cvntlord0606
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:59 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by cvntlord0606 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 pm

so i left a comment about eve being fed stupid ideas and "feeling pain" on rubys account and got blocked. the more you know
imoverit
Talker
Talker
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by imoverit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Sunny wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:36 pm
cvntlord0606 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:59 am
did anyone else find it weird in the new vlog where they meet the dog at around 5:06 mark chad puts his hands on sharis shoulders and just like holds her for a while? i couldn't help but see it as something that couples normally do when they are standing next to each other, idk something about it just seemed kinda off to me, a bit weird for siblings at that age to do something like that\
Yes! There was a moment in the Sibling gift exchange where a similar "innate couple moment" occurs when Shari leans in to Chad with her face fixated on his (link saved @13:43). Very awkward.

I personally feel that Chad and Shari have a special connection with each other. Shari is a protector of Chad in a way. He seemed nervous about what the surprise was and as a coping mechanism he held onto Shari. Remember when they were surprised with the Hawaii trip? He had to leave and take a walk. Well, now that he has already been sent away, maybe he is using different methods to keep his emotions in check (ie: holding onto Shari). Besides she seemed okay with it. I think she too looks out for Chad. She knows the crazy that goes on in their house. Did you notice how jealous Ruby seemed of Shari, when they were talking about the dog being named Baker? Also, why is Russell allowed to yell at Kevin? That is so not okay.
Nah but it’s gross though. She has said she would date him and other strange things about his appearance. They can look out for each other as siblings without acting like a gross incestual teenage couple.
Lionking23
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Lionking23 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 am

sparkle lemon wrote:Ugh - Ruby's attempts to psychoanalyze Eve are scary and SO manipulative. Fortunately Eve is a smart cookie and will learn pretty fast how to turn it all back on her mom. I can't wait for the "I don't want to do that mom - I'm feeling my my feelings" and "No mom, my feelings don't agree with you" moments to show up. Must be scary for Ruby to realize that even her 6 year old daughter is WAY smarter than she is. I think Eve is a survivor and has learned to manipulate both her family members and her situation to get away with doing what she wants. I also can't wait for the day when Kevin finally gets caught out - my money is on a secret grad student or someone else at BYU who is able to meet up with him when he goes away on trips. Everything about him screams 'cheater' to me.
Maybe a lady of the night or something, must be why Ruby sends the girls on trips with to prevent him from cheating


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 308 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Manitowoc123 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:22 am

I love what everyone had said. I’ll give Ruby some credit that she is at least TRYING. But dang, her application of pop psychology/life coaching is equivalent to a 7th grader learning geometry and thinking they’re qualified to do quantum physics.

Thread title: Mom, the armchair psychologist. Or Mom get her mail order psychology degree.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 1049 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by shortstop » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:24 am

So Russel can’t hold/play with the dog because he gets to sleep with the dog?? Come on!!! I do get it I would be jealous to if my sibling ( don’t have one) got to sleep with the puppy every night. BUT COME ON.
bluebutterfly_05
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:29 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by bluebutterfly_05 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:06 am

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:05 am
Tinkerbell22 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am
That whole video with Eve seemed SO scripted to me. She asked Eve if she could vlog their conversation? Eve has NO idea what vlogging really means. That all of her emotions and conversations are permanently on the internet for anyone to see for the rest of her life.
Chad hasn’t changed one bit since being sent away. He constantly yells at Ruby and is disrespectful to her. If Kevin had any balls he would stand up to Chad and put him in his place.
Why on Earth would they get a puppy a month before they are moving? It’s going to be chaotic enough moving a family of 8 plus their pets they already have why throw a new puppy into all that hot mess? This family is SO screwed up it’s pathetic.
Baker is a crap name for a dog or a human being.
I am 100% sure it was scripted (except when Eve went off book). Towards the end, Eve gets tired of her lines and literally just rattles off the main points she was given: "So I loved that dog. Um...and I loved the dog who died. I love them both. Big heart." Yeah really natural speaking pattern for a 6 yr old. (@5.18)

She also slips out of script when she repeats what must have been included in an off-camera speech to the kids saying that they "treated Nollie wrong", and that if they do the same to the new puppy "it will die" and it would be a huge "waste of money". She even says "cause that's what happened" - did they kill off a puppy without us noticing or do they mean Nollie still? Eve smiles every time some truth slips out and Chad reacts in exasperation. Why would they keep this in?!?

Every time Ruby releases Eve from these sessions, her whole demeanor changes and she starts chattering excitedly about playing with the puppy. At which point Ruby declares she is burying her pain again. I don't doubt that Eve's emotions over Nollie dying are genuine (she was one of the only ones who seemed to truly love her), but Eve is going to be 12 shades of f-ed up the way Ruby is using her one genuine emotion to convince her she hates this puppy and needs DAILY therapy with mom just to keep it alive. Perhaps they should have gotten a free one from the pound if they were really so worried about their kids murdering their investment.

I think when Julie refused Ruby's emotional manipulations for her new therapy storyline (SkiGate), she couldn't let the opportunity go and settled for unpredictable Eve, the last one she can emotionally manipulate without recourse. I honestly feel like I am watching a documentary on how sociopaths are created. Or a how-to-video on how to elicit false testimony for trial. Kids are so vulnerable and eager to please.

Oh, and getting the puppy right as they are moving? Fits into my theory that Russell gets scared in a room alone and they are locking the puppy in with him at night so they don't have to deal with him at the new house. They need a couple of weeks to get Russell bonded enough for him to provide enough comfort, that he doesn't seek out parental comfort.
I honestly think Russel would be fine in a room on his own if that room was near his parents and/or other siblings. That room in the basement is way too far away for a young sensitive child.
User avatar
ponyos
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:42 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by ponyos » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 am

so i was watching ruby's ig story & she talks about a question she was asked on a podcast – "what do you do if your child is asked on a date and they don't want to go with that person" and she opens the debate about wether you should reject someone or go anyway because it's the nice/generous thing to do.

all i am thinking is how harmful it would be to teach kids, especially young girls, that going on a date with someone even if you don't want to is the nice thing to do, that saying no is therefore mean or rude. i think thats so harmful & it would be better to teach kids that you can stick up for yourself & put your own desires first.

i understand if you were on the fence that it's probably better to just go but to teach a kid to put their emotions to one side for the better of someone else/save someone else from rejection is quite toxic & i don't see how she doesn't see that. but hey maybe thats just me? do let me know!
Kellyannat
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kellyannat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 am

I thought it was strange when Eve said they treated Nollie wrong. One thing about this family is I think the kids are a lot more responsible than the adults ( even Shari she may be obnoxious and annoying but she does a lot more than Ruby for her family.) I think because Kevin is never home and Ruby isn’t a responsible good mother so the kids raised themselves. If they killed Nollie it is 100% the fault of Kevin and Ruby. Nollie was old so maybe they didn’t take her to the vet enough or give her meds. But I think the kids were responsible and did their job with feeding her and walking her and giving her attention. I could see Chad, Julie, Abby, Eve and Russel and maybe Shari doing their part to take care of Nollie. I think that’s why chad seemed defensive in the background and said No.

Also why did they keep the part where Eve said they treated Nollie wrong in the vlog? Did they think it would get them views if someone said they hurt a dog. I think I even heard Eve said they killed the dog and now they can take care of one. I think they had to put Nollie down so could that mean what Eve meant? If I lived in Utah I would of called animal control after watching that vlog. What Eve said was not cute and kinda dangerous considering they got a new dog. And they already starting using the dog for views. Shari did a dog bath video and Ruby did that shit with Eve. None of this happen with Nollie because she wasn’t useful to them until she died.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 2724 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:05 am

Kellyannat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 am
I thought it was strange when Eve said they treated Nollie wrong. One thing about this family is I think the kids are a lot more responsible than the adults ( even Shari she may be obnoxious and annoying but she does a lot more than Ruby for her family.) I think because Kevin is never home and Ruby isn’t a responsible good mother so the kids raised themselves. If they killed Nollie it is 100% the fault of Kevin and Ruby. Nollie was old so maybe they didn’t take her to the vet enough or give her meds. But I think the kids were responsible and did their job with feeding her and walking her and giving her attention. I could see Chad, Julie, Abby, Eve and Russel and maybe Shari doing their part to take care of Nollie. I think that’s why chad seemed defensive in the background and said No.

Also why did they keep the part where Eve said they treated Nollie wrong in the vlog? Did they think it would get them views if someone said they hurt a dog. I think I even heard Eve said they killed the dog and now they can take care of one. I think they had to put Nollie down so could that mean what Eve meant? If I lived in Utah I would of called animal control after watching that vlog. What Eve said was not cute and kinda dangerous considering they got a new dog. And they already starting using the dog for views. Shari did a dog bath video and Ruby did that shit with Eve. None of this happen with Nollie because she wasn’t useful to them until she died.
I actually heard Chad say "Wow" and "Ummm" not "No" when Eve was talking about treating Nolly wrong and wasting their money if they killed the new puppy. That is what made me think all her talk was true and had been reiterated to them recently. We never saw them take care of Nolly at all, so it is hard to tell who was responsible for the day-to-day tasks. Based on Shari's comments, nobody ever bathed her because she hated the cold hose water outside. I assume she was simply tossed a bowl of food in the backyard twice a day, and allowed to stay on the front rug once she was too old to store outside. I doubt walks were ever involved. That just isn't how the Griffiths do things. I mean, Shari asked Ruby if they ever washed their family dog. They just have no concept of how to care for a dog. Regardless, narcissists are never wrong, so the kids will always get the blame.

For those of you who think I over-exaggerate Shari and her natural instinct to lie, watch today's vlog. She snags the dog for her bath video and instructs Julie to lock the door to keep everyone out, excitedly exclaiming "We locked the door!". Two seconds later Ruby angrily tells her to unlock the door to let her in, and Shari immediately blurts out "I didn't lock it". I don't even think she consciously chose that answer, it was like a knee-jerk response.

Those kids seem to have insane incentive to lie in that house, but 16-17 is far too old for Eve's brand of childlike fibbing. At that point it must either be necessary for survival (Abby wondering about a late-night whipping?), or just a personality flaw. And who could have guessed that giving the dog to Russell at night is already causing big problems amongst the kids (and I don't even have a fake psych degree) :| Maybe Ruby will learn her lesson when Shari and Chad tell he she isn't allowed to interact with Kevin during the day because she sleeps with him at night.

Also, Shari talks about how SHE forgot to get a toothbrush for the puppy (which was important because they let Nolly's teeth "go to pot"). Was this not actually a surprise and Shari was the one who bought all the supplies? Or is this just her natural way of speaking, taking control/credit for everything like Griffiths are wont to do ("we got an Engineering degree!)? She didn't even say "we" though, it was "I forgot to get a toothbrush".
User avatar
Happy+Charlie
Informer
Informer
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 409 times
Been thanked: 2044 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Happy+Charlie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:25 am

Do these people know how to read a book/manual other than their own. Did I hear Shari say, they need to give the puppy a bath every 3-4 days, like a human's hair? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Probably what Bonnie told them to do, but good gosh, dogs do not need to be bathed frequently. In fact, it can be harmful to their coat/skin. The puppy is like a baby, being in a cold bathroom (door open) getting a bath in the winter, then cold air being blown on it from a hair dryer gives it a chill? Please read about how to do it properly, Shari! Ruby be a parent and tell the little kids they don't always have to be a part of what is going on. The only reason you wanted into the bathroom was to vlog, Chad was already covering it, so go away with the little ones and let your kids take care of the dog. If you want the little ones to be a part of it, then you do it yourself with them.

It doesn't matter what anyone else wants for a name, it can be 7 against Ruby, and Ruby will win, I'm sure.
User avatar
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:38 am
Has thanked: 737 times
Been thanked: 789 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Namm » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Happy+Charlie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:25 am
Do these people know how to read a book/manual other than their own. Did I hear Shari say, they need to give the puppy a bath every 3-4 days, like a human's hair? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Probably what Bonnie told them to do, but good gosh, dogs do not need to be bathed frequently. In fact, it can be harmful to their coat/skin. The puppy is like a baby, being in a cold bathroom (door open) getting a bath in the winter, then cold air being blown on it from a hair dryer gives it a chill? Please read about how to do it properly, Shari! Ruby be a parent and tell the little kids they don't always have to be a part of what is going on. The only reason you wanted into the bathroom was to vlog, Chad was already covering it, so go away with the little ones and let your kids take care of the dog. If you want the little ones to be a part of it, then you do it yourself with them.

It doesn't matter what anyone else wants for a name, it can be 7 against Ruby, and Ruby will win, I'm sure.
I hope that Kevin have the balls to go against Ruby and tell her that the majority of the house wins.
I wonder if Ruby goes bonkers when it doesn't go her way and also the reason for Kevins wimpiness towards her.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 2724 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Namm wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 pm
Happy+Charlie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:25 am
Do these people know how to read a book/manual other than their own. Did I hear Shari say, they need to give the puppy a bath every 3-4 days, like a human's hair? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Probably what Bonnie told them to do, but good gosh, dogs do not need to be bathed frequently. In fact, it can be harmful to their coat/skin. The puppy is like a baby, being in a cold bathroom (door open) getting a bath in the winter, then cold air being blown on it from a hair dryer gives it a chill? Please read about how to do it properly, Shari! Ruby be a parent and tell the little kids they don't always have to be a part of what is going on. The only reason you wanted into the bathroom was to vlog, Chad was already covering it, so go away with the little ones and let your kids take care of the dog. If you want the little ones to be a part of it, then you do it yourself with them.

It doesn't matter what anyone else wants for a name, it can be 7 against Ruby, and Ruby will win, I'm sure.
I hope that Kevin have the balls to go against Ruby and tell her that the majority of the house wins.
I wonder if Ruby goes bonkers when it doesn't go her way and also the reason for Kevins wimpiness towards her.
The puppy already has an Instagram under the name 'Dwight', so it looks like Shari won, she just changed her mind to her favorite character from "The Office"......'Dwight Shrute'. Unless it is a fake-out to keep viewers engaged. YAWI changed the name of their puppy several times.
purpleoctobers
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by purpleoctobers » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm

cvntlord0606 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 pm
so i left a comment about eve being fed stupid ideas and "feeling pain" on rubys account and got blocked. the more you know
is it possible to see who likes someone's comment? because all I did was like a comment that someone left (that included fair criticism and didn't come across as hateful at all) and I got blocked? this is insane.
MiloandMax1
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 4949
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 23189 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by MiloandMax1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:47 pm

purpleoctobers wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm
cvntlord0606 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 pm
so i left a comment about eve being fed stupid ideas and "feeling pain" on rubys account and got blocked. the more you know
is it possible to see who likes someone's comment? because all I did was like a comment that someone left (that included fair criticism and didn't come across as hateful at all) and I got blocked? this is insane.
Yeah all they have to do is click on likes and names of those who like the comment come up!
MiloandMax1
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 4949
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 23189 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by MiloandMax1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm
Namm wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 pm
Happy+Charlie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:25 am
Do these people know how to read a book/manual other than their own. Did I hear Shari say, they need to give the puppy a bath every 3-4 days, like a human's hair? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Probably what Bonnie told them to do, but good gosh, dogs do not need to be bathed frequently. In fact, it can be harmful to their coat/skin. The puppy is like a baby, being in a cold bathroom (door open) getting a bath in the winter, then cold air being blown on it from a hair dryer gives it a chill? Please read about how to do it properly, Shari! Ruby be a parent and tell the little kids they don't always have to be a part of what is going on. The only reason you wanted into the bathroom was to vlog, Chad was already covering it, so go away with the little ones and let your kids take care of the dog. If you want the little ones to be a part of it, then you do it yourself with them.

It doesn't matter what anyone else wants for a name, it can be 7 against Ruby, and Ruby will win, I'm sure.
I hope that Kevin have the balls to go against Ruby and tell her that the majority of the house wins.
I wonder if Ruby goes bonkers when it doesn't go her way and also the reason for Kevins wimpiness towards her.
The puppy already has an Instagram under the name 'Dwight', so it looks like Shari won, she just changed her mind to her favorite character from "The Office"......'Dwight Shrute'. Unless it is a fake-out to keep viewers engaged. YAWI changed the name of their puppy several times.
I thought they agreed on Dwight and Shari wanted to change it to Baker? Shari usually does get her way. Can't stand how whiney she is for a 16 year old, older sibling or not!
Kellyannat
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by Kellyannat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:05 am
Kellyannat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 am
I thought it was strange when Eve said they treated Nollie wrong. One thing about this family is I think the kids are a lot more responsible than the adults ( even Shari she may be obnoxious and annoying but she does a lot more than Ruby for her family.) I think because Kevin is never home and Ruby isn’t a responsible good mother so the kids raised themselves. If they killed Nollie it is 100% the fault of Kevin and Ruby. Nollie was old so maybe they didn’t take her to the vet enough or give her meds. But I think the kids were responsible and did their job with feeding her and walking her and giving her attention. I could see Chad, Julie, Abby, Eve and Russel and maybe Shari doing their part to take care of Nollie. I think that’s why chad seemed defensive in the background and said No.

Also why did they keep the part where Eve said they treated Nollie wrong in the vlog? Did they think it would get them views if someone said they hurt a dog. I think I even heard Eve said they killed the dog and now they can take care of one. I think they had to put Nollie down so could that mean what Eve meant? If I lived in Utah I would of called animal control after watching that vlog. What Eve said was not cute and kinda dangerous considering they got a new dog. And they already starting using the dog for views. Shari did a dog bath video and Ruby did that shit with Eve. None of this happen with Nollie because she wasn’t useful to them until she died.
I actually heard Chad say "Wow" and "Ummm" not "No" when Eve was talking about treating Nolly wrong and wasting their money if they killed the new puppy. That is what made me think all her talk was true and had been reiterated to them recently. We never saw them take care of Nolly at all, so it is hard to tell who was responsible for the day-to-day tasks. Based on Shari's comments, nobody ever bathed her because she hated the cold hose water outside. I assume she was simply tossed a bowl of food in the backyard twice a day, and allowed to stay on the front rug once she was too old to store outside. I doubt walks were ever involved. That just isn't how the Griffiths do things. I mean, Shari asked Ruby if they ever washed their family dog. They just have no concept of how to care for a dog. Regardless, narcissists are never wrong, so the kids will always get the blame.

For those of you who think I over-exaggerate Shari and her natural instinct to lie, watch today's vlog. She snags the dog for her bath video and instructs Julie to lock the door to keep everyone out, excitedly exclaiming "We locked the door!". Two seconds later Ruby angrily tells her to unlock the door to let her in, and Shari immediately blurts out "I didn't lock it". I don't even think she consciously chose that answer, it was like a knee-jerk response.

Those kids seem to have insane incentive to lie in that house, but 16-17 is far too old for Eve's brand of childlike fibbing. At that point it must either be necessary for survival (Abby wondering about a late-night whipping?), or just a personality flaw. And who could have guessed that giving the dog to Russell at night is already causing big problems amongst the kids (and I don't even have a fake psych degree) :| Maybe Ruby will learn her lesson when Shari and Chad tell he she isn't allowed to interact with Kevin during the day because she sleeps with him at night.

Also, Shari talks about how SHE forgot to get a toothbrush for the puppy (which was important because they let Nolly's teeth "go to pot"). Was this not actually a surprise and Shari was the one who bought all the supplies? Or is this just her natural way of speaking, taking control/credit for everything like Griffiths are wont to do ("we got an Engineering degree!)? She didn't even say "we" though, it was "I forgot to get a toothbrush".
Oh I thought I heard Chad say no but maybe I was wrong. I did notice Shari lied. It just goes to show us that Ruby is such an awful parent that their oldest feels the need to lie. I know Shari comes off as a know it all, selfish and inmature brat but I feel for her. Hear me out, she’s only 16 and the oldest of 6 and she kinda raised them and did a lot more than Kevin or Ruby did. I think because Shari and they put a lot of responsibility on her. Actually she does that with all of them. Shari is the one who gets everyone up in the morning. Although I’m sure Abby or Julie do that now. She also drives them to school. She mentions she had to give Eve a bath a few times. Before Abby and Julie were old enough to act like co parents instead of teenagers I think Shari did most of everything. I’m sure she’s thankful that some of her siblings can either help or just take over the responsibility. It’s a shame that they don’t have adults to actually act like parents for them. These are young children and if Ruby wants them to do something for her she should teach them instead of belittling them. I see treat all her kids like they should come out of the womb knowing things like chores, cooking, taking care of animals, having respect and boundaries. She gets angry when they don’t know these things since she didn’t teach them No she’s a parent and that’s her job to teach not the worlds. I wanna cut all these kids a break because they’re a product of their environment. If even one of them breaks the mormon bubble they’ll be in for a cultural shock lol. For generations I don’t think the griffins know anything other than that bubble. I hope some of them will escape Ruby. I think chad, Julie and Eve definitely will.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 1049 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Title Coming Soon | Part 15

Post by shortstop » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:20 am

Did they really name the dog without Julie??? 😡
Post Reply

Return to “8 Passengers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests