Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Unread post by onbreak »

Have they buried a hole and put the statue upside-down??

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

chloe6124 wrote:Ok I see what you you mean by that huge open room. The house is beautiful and a very pretty lot. There has to be something wrong with it taking so long to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's not selling because it's dated and very expensive for the area. There are other houses in the same neighborhood for a lot less that don't need updates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

lmmomSD wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:Ok I see what you you mean by that huge open room. The house is beautiful and a very pretty lot. There has to be something wrong with it taking so long to sell.

I think it's not selling because it's dated and very expensive for the area. There are other houses in the same neighborhood for a lot less that don't need updates.

I don’t think it looks dated at all. They do always say though don’t buy the most expensive house in the neighborhood. Surely it’s bigger and on a nicer lot then the other houses in the neighborhood if it’s more.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

onbreak wrote:Have they buried a hole and put the statue upside-down??

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
My family did that when we sold our house. We forgot to dig him up after we left lol. We did have a offer within 12 hrs but they backed out. We then had a cash offer four days later that went through.

playground78
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by playground78 »

chloe6124 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:05 pm
lmmomSD wrote:

I don’t think it looks dated at all. They do always say though don’t buy the most expensive house in the neighborhood. Surely it’s bigger and on a nicer lot then the other houses in the neighborhood if it’s more.

I don’t think it looks TOO dated. Mainly the hardwood color. And that’s throughout unfortunately. The other bathrooms are dated with their gold fixtures and mirrors.
I think it’s the choppiness of the house that’s the main drawback. There are so many rooms. All separate. It seems like such a divided home. Which people don’t want nowadays. Open concept is key. I don’t know what I would do with all those rooms. There seem to be so many “sitting” rooms. The spaces just don’t seem user friendly for real life. Such a bad decision buying that monster.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And if they are talking about needing new appliances, the appliances must be getting older.
They bought pretty much the most expensive house in the neighborhood, and as has been said, they need to paint the rooms a more neutral color. It's horrendously expensive for Hoover Alabama, and there are 4-5 bedroom, 3,000SF+ houses in their community for $300K LESS.
That's why it's not selling.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Can someone please explain to me why someone struggling with debt would do a "no budget Valentine's shopping" video?
I loathe those "no budget" videos anyway, especially when people refer to them as "challenges". What is challenging about shopping with no budget?
Give someone a $20 and see who can get the nicest gift, or something like that. That's a challenge.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Oh my goodness, Katie said in the vlog today she probably spent $100 on the kids last year for valentine's. That is insane for a holiday that is geared toward couples! I understand wanting to give your kids the world but that is just crazy. I don't even think I spent that much on my kids for Christmas (they are 4 and 1 and have no expectations).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Boymomma123 wrote:Oh my goodness, Katie said in the vlog today she probably spent $100 on the kids last year for valentine's. That is insane for a holiday that is geared toward couples! I understand wanting to give your kids the world but that is just crazy. I don't even think I spent that much on my kids for Christmas (they are 4 and 1 and have no expectations).

Even her dollar tree haul was excessive. I can already see Katie going back to her old habits. Instead of seeing if she had Valentine bags at home she just threw some in the cart and said “oh whats $2?”.. thats the kind of attitude that got you $100,000 in debt, Katie..

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I’m not giving their tacky and classless asses a view. Please tell me they didn’t actually go to the store, pick a bunch of things out for one another and then not actually buy it?

Seriously, who does that? That’s worse than Ellie letting her kids pick out a ball to play with IN THE STORE having no intention to actually buy it.

SNT41007
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SNT41007 »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:03 pm

This is correct...it needs major updating in areas and they are asking for it as if it's totally renovated and like new. Not to mention from the pictures it appears as though the roof is original and will need replacing soon and all other homes in the neighborhood are selling in the 400's and they are asking OVER 600 for theirs.
re_berk
Talker
Talker

Unread post by re_berk »

Geez Louise. I thought she was doing the minimalist approach. What bunch of crap. My kids get nothing tangible from me. Just small treat to hand out at school. We spent the night playing board games. Gross over consumption. That will all end up in a land full soon enough. Show they love with your time
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

HelloSweetie wrote:I’m not giving their tacky and classless asses a view. Please tell me they didn’t actually go to the store, pick a bunch of things out for one another and then not actually buy it?

Seriously, who does that? That’s worse than Ellie letting her kids pick out a ball to play with IN THE STORE having no intention to actually buy it.

They sure didImageImage And I’m sure they didn’t put anything back on the shelves.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WTF is she rambling about?

I don't get a "sense of love and joy" in this picture. I get a sense of tequila. Or maybe lemon drop shooters. Why would anyone who is happy with their life look at that picture and wish they were back there? I guess that's the point: she's not happy.
She wants to go back to being very young with no responsibility. THAT'S what she wants to "reconnect" with.
I have a picture of myself from Halloween one of the first years I was living on my own and making good money. I'm wasted in the picture. I don't look at it and wonder what happened to that person. I know. I matured. I raised a couple of great people who still love me and like being with me. Yeah, I was having fun when the picture was taken, but I have a different kind of fun now. ImageImageImage

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Did Katie have a nose job at some point, or is that just a bad picture?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

HelloSweetie wrote:Did Katie have a nose job at some point, or is that just a bad picture?

That’s exactly what I was about to say. Her nose is thin and crooked now.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I think their whole relationship was built around partying and the only way they truly had fun together was when they were drinking. If you go back and listen to their budget back when they were first married they allotted a huge amount for "fun" and "football". Drinking has seemed to be pretty important in their relationship. I don't think that parenthood has been very fulfilling for them and personally think that they both miss the lack of responsibility. Cullen admitted in his podcast that they both had a drinking problem back when the addiction issues came out. I truly believe what he said and think that they both have issues with drinking. They even talked about it in regard to their current budget. I enjoy a mixed drink every now and then when we go out for dinner but if I was in a severe financial crisis like them it would be one of the first things I would cut out. Drinking just seems like it is very important to them to the extreme.

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

NEW THREAD COMING TOMORROW MORNING: WE NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEW THREAD.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

And why would you repost a picture where you stuck your tong out?
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

marshmallowfluf wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Even her dollar tree haul was excessive. I can already see Katie going back to her old habits. Instead of seeing if she had Valentine bags at home she just threw some in the cart and said “oh whats $2?”.. thats the kind of attitude that got you $100,000 in debt, Katie..

Going back? She never went away from it lol! I was pretty appalled watching the literally useless crap she bought for the kids. Pretty hypocritical after going Marie Kondo and bragging how smart Gaines was for saying she didn't want to have too much stuff. I'm starting to feel unhappy by the thought alone when I imagine I would have bought that for my kids. It's only for Gaines she's doing it, being afraid to hurt her feelings. Claiming that Valentines is important to them (defensive as she was in the car again) has just become an excuse to express her love for Gaines with overloading her with materialistic stuff. "Valentines is important" for adults who have sex is one thing, but kids have nothing to do with Valentines. Sure, she cannot give Brooks nothing, but I think he wouldn't care less and what is he going to do with a heart cushion??? The only thing he seemed to be truly happy about was the "gift" he got that wasn't for Valentines but something he needed, his new boots!

Also wanted to add they already cancelled the cleaning lady and yard guy.

And cooking fresh is not "SOOO UNREALISTIC!!", not at all! My whole country in Europe does it and so do some other European countries, it's part of having 'a cuisine', people would maybe not realize is related. An average meal costs maybe 30 minutes, which is only 15 minutes more than I would assume it would take people who don't cook fresh meals. It's also not making the spaghetti itself from scratch we're talking about and I have never been to a farmers market in my life. "TOO TIME-CONSUMING!". C&K are at home all day, so nothing, literally nothing is too time-consuming for them. And I assume Katie is reasonably proud to be a 'Southern chick', her sister cooks meals and I assume her mother did as well at least when she was young. Katie is just spoiled and entitled, you only have to look at how she is raising her precious princess to become the same. It's also a misconception it would be more expensive, it's not. Processed food by definition is more expensive because you pay for the work people and machines took out of your hands. - Sorry for my late reply but really wanted to set this straight!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”