Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorpp&South | Part 3

SnarkySam
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorp&South | Part 3

Unread post by SnarkySam »

The totally opposite side of Andrew and the way he yanked Eve's arm is Daniel who I've seen in multiply blogs taking and holding Jude's hand and walking with him - aww so sweet!

Daniel is my favourite Knorpp by a mile - I really wish him well in life especially when he leaves Meg and Mikes "care" and has full freedom.
SnarkySam
Informer
Informer

Re: Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorp&South | Part 3

Unread post by SnarkySam »

Sorry double posting to add;

There is a photo Jude on Insta with Eve out of focus in the background and in the post Meg praises how great of a traveller he is, how he never complains, has of lots wonder and being the youngest will get to go on extra advantages with his parents (won't Eve be on the same trips since there is no way she will be ever independent enough to live on her own?).

Its so totally shady to have Eve in background of this type of post - you can't compare your special needs child with your neurotypical child. On this trip Meg did lots of complaining about how terrible Eve is at travelling and being out of routine which wasn't Eve's fault but her stupid parents.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

SnarkySam wrote:Sorry double posting to add;

There is a photo Jude on Insta with Eve out of focus in the background and in the post Meg praises how great of a traveller he is, how he never complains, has of lots wonder and being the youngest will get to go on extra advantages with his parents (won't Eve be on the same trips since there is no way she will be ever independent enough to live on her own?).

Its so totally shady to have Eve in background of this type of post - you can't compare your special needs child with your neurotypical child. On this trip Meg did lots of complaining about how terrible Eve is at travelling and being out of routine which wasn't Eve's fault but her stupid parents.
That’s the thing, they adopted a child with special needs! It’s not like they lost the genetic lottery and ended up with a kid with a surprise condition. They CHOSE to adopt her full well knowing she will require extra care. If your goal in life is traveling or bopping from one idea to the next every 6 months, why would you adopt a child who may not be able to keep up such a lifestyle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunnyDays
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SunnyDays »

SNT41007 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Icecreamblue wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:32 am The brother must have moved out bc her new IG story shows them painting a wall in the (empty) house for Andrew's birthday party.
So Daniel got to use the fire pit out back for his 18TH birthday "party," but replacement golden child gets to paint a theme onto the walls of their mid century stank home for his birthday? I am so over the favoritism. And Andrew not old yanked Eve across the street in Peru, quickly upon getting to the other side of the road he whisked his hand away off of hers like she had some sort of disease and didn't want her touching him any longer than necessary.
I'm all for calling them out on their shit, but this isn't favoritism. It has been explained multiple times in the vlogs that the children each get an x amount of money for their birthday. They can choose what to do with it. They can keep the money, choose to receive gifts or use the money for their party.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MervelllaB »

SunnyDays wrote:
SNT41007 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Icecreamblue wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:32 am The brother must have moved out bc her new IG story shows them painting a wall in the (empty) house for Andrew's birthday party.
So Daniel got to use the fire pit out back for his 18TH birthday "party," but replacement golden child gets to paint a theme onto the walls of their mid century stank home for his birthday? I am so over the favoritism. And Andrew not old yanked Eve across the street in Peru, quickly upon getting to the other side of the road he whisked his hand away off of hers like she had some sort of disease and didn't want her touching him any longer than necessary.
I'm all for calling them out on their shit, but this isn't favoritism. It has been explained multiple times in the vlogs that the children each get an x amount of money for their birthday. They can choose what to do with it. They can keep the money, choose to receive gifts or use the money for their party.
Yes, that has been explained. However, there does seem to be more effort put into certain birthdays than others. Jude’s birthday was a bit of a non-event. I doubt he got a certain amount of money that he could decide what to do with.

Boysitdown
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Boysitdown »

This title sucks lol
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Boysitdown wrote:This title sucks lol
What was your suggestion?

NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

SnarkySam wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pm Sorry double posting to add;

I see them finding an adult-care home for Eve to be placed in once she is to old for them to want to deal with.

I am involved with a group that helps people with special needs, and see it far more often that I would have ever thought happened- young adults being put in homes with primarily older people because their parents don’t want the hassle. Some are there because the genuinely need the extra care. But a lot of the younger in-patients have families who barely even visit them. Eve is going to wind up in the same situation.

These ass clowns seem to think that parenting full time ends when the kids turn 18. 🙄
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

NarcoelpsyMom wrote:

I see them finding an adult-care home for Eve to be placed in once she is to old for them to want to deal with.

I am involved with a group that helps people with special needs, and see it far more often that I would have ever thought happened- young adults being put in homes with primarily older people because their parents don’t want the hassle. Some are there because the genuinely need the extra care. But a lot of the younger in-patients have families who barely even visit them. Eve is going to wind up in the same situation.

These ass clowns seem to think that parenting full time ends when the kids turn 18. Image
She's going to end up like the character in Peanut Butter Falcon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

NarcoelpsyMom wrote:

These ass clowns seem to think that parenting full time ends when the kids turn 18. Image
Well they talk about Eve as if he’s going to be super independent when she’s older. And maybe she is capable of some level of independence. But that would take a TON of work, therapy, and education which they clearly invest zero time or effort in. They’re leaving the poor girl with zero skills or hope for any level of independence. She’ll be a “world traveler” by Megan’s standards (because she clearly enjoys traveling Image) but still won’t be able to say more than 10 comprehensible words.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tiger27 wrote:
NarcoelpsyMom wrote:

Well they talk about Eve as if he’s going to be super independent when she’s older. And maybe she is capable of some level of independence. But that would take a TON of work, therapy, and education which they clearly invest zero time or effort in. They’re leaving the poor girl with zero skills or hope for any level of independence. She’ll be a “world traveler” by Megan’s standards (because she clearly enjoys traveling Image) but still won’t be able to say more than 10 comprehensible words.

This in particular makes me so angry. It's bad enough that they don't do everything they can to educate their "normal" (sorry for use that term) children, but to not do everything they possibly can to help Eve reach her potential is just despicable. When I first started watching them, I thought how great it was that they had adopted her; and that she was going to have opportunities she wouldn't have had in a Chinese orphanage. But now I'm not so sure.
My daughter has special needs. And we spent hours in meetings with teachers working on her IEPs, because we wanted her to reach whatever potential she had. And we were happy to do it, because it's our job as parents; and we love her. There is absolutely no excuse for the way Megan and Mike are failing Eve.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

In the last video, I thought poor Eve looked unwell. I think this trip has been very challenging for her. It’s been too much for all of them, to be honest.
I think we have really seem Megan and Mike’s true colours, to be honest. Their attitude towards her is horrible. They show no understanding towards her, at all. I really fear for what the future will bring for her.

NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:51 am
Tiger27 wrote:
NarcoelpsyMom wrote:

This in particular makes me so angry. It's bad enough that they don't do everything they can to educate their "normal" (sorry for use that term) children, but to not do everything they possibly can to help Eve reach her potential is just despicable. When I first started watching them, I thought how great it was that they had adopted her; and that she was going to have opportunities she wouldn't have had in a Chinese orphanage. But now I'm not so sure.
My daughter has special needs. And we spent hours in meetings with teachers working on her IEPs, because we wanted her to reach whatever potential she had. And we were happy to do it, because it's our job as parents; and we love her. There is absolutely no excuse for the way Megan and Mike are failing Eve.

I have a daughter with autism. I remember sitting in an IEP maybe 4 years after she was diagnosed. The difference in her was amazing. She had gone from being unable to express herself or emotions verbally, to being a very well behaved little girl.

One of her support staff had been with her all 4 years and looked at me and said “You realize the reason she is doing so well, is because you are making sure she does the same things at home that we teach her here, right?”

Kids who have developmental and intellectual disabilities need consistency to learn. Eve has never had that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

NarcoelpsyMom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:51 am
Tiger27 wrote: Well they talk about Eve as if he’s going to be super independent when she’s older. And maybe she is capable of some level of independence. But that would take a TON of work, therapy, and education which they clearly invest zero time or effort in. They’re leaving the poor girl with zero skills or hope for any level of independence. She’ll be a “world traveler” by Megan’s standards (because she clearly enjoys traveling Image) but still won’t be able to say more than 10 comprehensible words.

I have a daughter with autism. I remember sitting in an IEP maybe 4 years after she was diagnosed. The difference in her was amazing. She had gone from being unable to express herself or emotions verbally, to being a very well behaved little girl.

One of her support staff had been with her all 4 years and looked at me and said “You realize the reason she is doing so well, is because you are making sure she does the same things at home that we teach her here, right?”

Kids who have developmental and intellectual disabilities need consistency to learn. Eve has never had that.
Good for you, although I know you aren't saying that for asspats. And yes, you're right. It's not just the IEP's. It's consistency and working with the child to help meet the goals of the IEP.
And they aren't doing any of that.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I know there are many parents if children with special needs here - I myself have two children on the autistic spectrum. They are 18 and 21 and they have just returned from a week in New York together - we are UK.
I know that may never be a reality for Eve, but there was a time that I didn’t know if it would be a reality them either. Our goal in seeking help for them in school, was to enable them to develop independence and live the most fulfilled life they could live. It was exhausting. To be honest, it still is. Both of them still require a great deal of support to look after themselves. But as her their parents, our duty first and foremost is to them, and not ourselves.
They didn’t ask to be brought into this world. When we decided to have children, we understood that life was going to change forever. From that point onwards, our needs would never be first again.
For the week they were in New York, I was constantly on the other end of my phone. Everything was well prepared, but they knew if there was anything they didn’t know how to cope with, we would be on the other end of the phone.
It has taken much frustration and patience to get this far. It has taken a lot of organisation and hard work. Every minute of it has been worth while.
I wonder if Megan and Mike can say the same? Yes, having a child with special needs is difficult but they by no means have a monopoly on the difficulties that brings. So many people are in a similar situation. They chose Eve but they are letting her down. In my book, that’s incredibly selfish!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That last sentence said so much. They CHOSE Eve. Most of us with special needs kids didn't choose ours. I wouldn't change a thing about my daughter, except to make life easier for _her_. But I didn't choose to have a child with special needs. Once I knew there was something different, my goal was to help her live the best life she can.
They _chose_ Eve, knowing that she was going to need extra help, and just aren't dealing with it. So wrong.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:That last sentence said so much. They CHOSE Eve. Most of us with special needs kids didn't choose ours. I wouldn't change a thing about my daughter, except to make life easier for _her_. But I didn't choose to have a child with special needs. Once I knew there was something different, my goal was to help her live the best life she can.
They _chose_ Eve, knowing that she was going to need extra help, and just aren't dealing with it. So wrong.

Exactly. Before I had children I often worried about my capacity to look after a child with special needs, should that arise. I wasn’t sure whether I would have the strength and patience to deal with it. It’s a life-long commitment.
My eldest daughter for example, has a university essay due tomorrow. She has been in New York all week so she cutting it a bit fine. I will spend my day helping her to organise her thoughts into writing and then proof-Reading it for her. That’s just how life works around here. Because I have been ill and cannot drive, I can only get out of the house at the weekends, when my husband is here to take me out. Today is the only day this week that suits for him to take me out, but my daughter needs my help. It’s fine. It’s just one day and she needs me because her deadline is so tight.
Yes, my daughter was able to go to NewYork independently - with a lot of preparation and support - but she needs help to write an essay. If you have experience of the autistic spectrum, you will understand how that might be.
Megan doesn’t want to sacrifice anything. They are so ill-informed about Down Syndrome that they don’t even understand how they are letting Eve down. Do they even understand that her speech issues, her desire for routine etc could be due to a co-morbid condition such as ASD? Eve is so obviously capable of more than they understand. They brought her from China and she has learnt English without any effort on their part. They do underestimate her and it’s heartbreaking to watch. What did they really think it would be like to have a child with Down Syndrome? Did Megan want her because it would make her look good or to feed in to that “I’m such a victim” mentality she has? What on Earth was her motivation?

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

MervelllaB wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:That last sentence said so much. They CHOSE Eve. Most of us with special needs kids didn't choose ours. I wouldn't change a thing about my daughter, except to make life easier for _her_. But I didn't choose to have a child with special needs. Once I knew there was something different, my goal was to help her live the best life she can.

Exactly. Before I had children I often worried about my capacity to look after a child with special needs, should that arise. I wasn’t sure whether I would have the strength and patience to deal with it. It’s a life-long commitment.
My eldest daughter for example, has a university essay due tomorrow. She has been in New York all week so she cutting it a bit fine. I will spend my day helping her to organise her thoughts into writing and then proof-Reading it for her. That’s just how life works around here. Because I have been ill and cannot drive, I can only get out of the house at the weekends, when my husband is here to take me out. Today is the only day this week that suits for him to take me out, but my daughter needs my help. It’s fine. It’s just one day and she needs me because her deadline is so tight.
Yes, my daughter was able to go to NewYork independently - with a lot of preparation and support - but she needs help to write an essay. If you have experience of the autistic spectrum, you will understand how that might be.
Megan doesn’t want to sacrifice anything. They are so ill-informed about Down Syndrome that they don’t even understand how they are letting Eve down. Do they even understand that her speech issues, her desire for routine etc could be due to a co-morbid condition such as ASD? Eve is so obviously capable of more than they understand. They brought her from China and she has learnt English without any effort on their part. They do underestimate her and it’s heartbreaking to watch. What did they really think it would be like to have a child with Down Syndrome? Did Megan want her because it would make her look good or to feed in to that “I’m such a victim” mentality she has? What on Earth was her motivation?

This is a personal rant so feel free to scroll and ignore. My cousin was just diagnosed with cancer AGAIN, 3 days after her 18th birthday. For the third freaking time. We’re pissed and angry and sad. Her entire family’s lives are about to be put on hold all over again to fight this, and let me tell it’s absolutely emotionally and physically exhausting. But my entire family would move mountains for her. We spent 6 months taking turns flying 1000 miles away to a specialized hospital last time. And we’ll do it all over again. Because that’s what you do for your kid/someone you love. You make sure they have the best access to whatever you can . We didn’t ask for cancer, we just got dealt this shitty hand. Megan on the other hand, went and CHOSE to adopt 4 kids all with special needs and has chosen to ignore all of their medical problems. What kind of parent just ignores these very real issues? What would she do if Eve gets leukemia (which those with Down Syndrome are at higher risk for)? No more traveling. Her stupid oils won’t fix that. I don’t know why such a selfish women would go out of her way to adopt children requiring extra. It’s absolute neglect to not be providing them medical care, therapy, and schooling.

SNT41007
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SNT41007 »

**Yawn** they are so boring lately. Today's stories included her shaving a sweater? No one needs to see that Megan. That Peru trip was a big flop. Lets get onto the fun stuff like explaining your way out of not renovating that overpriced house you guys bought.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

SNT41007 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 am **Yawn** they are so boring lately. Today's stories included her shaving a sweater? No one needs to see that Megan. That Peru trip was a big flop. Lets get onto the fun stuff like explaining your way out of not renovating that overpriced house you guys bought.
So they are home? And no CPS was waiting for them with the blue lips etc?
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted

Return to “I-P”