Bollie Brand

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by sparkle lemon »

[/quote]

All of the Griffiths girls have a weird obsession with their “pioneer” ancestors. But it seems the church encourages it by having the teenagers go on that Trek thing and Ruby has many times promoted the church’s very own ancestry/genealogy site. They shared the same story over and over again with the cookbook about how they pictured their ancestors standing over a pot of stew. And Jennifer talks about the farm house days when they struggled but loved their simple life. I swear they’ve retold the same “pioneer stories” 100 times over. Those are nice memories for their family but why would anyone else care at all? Eating pioneer/old family recipe inspired food is one thing but no one wants to wear a fugly dress inspired by a stranger’s grandma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

To be fair though, the entire family is obsessed with romanticizing their family members and family history. I'm not quite sure if this is a Griffiths thing, a family culture thing, or something to do with the narrow little Utah Mormon world they inhabit. Possibly they get it from Jennifer who seems to be incapable of holding a rational adult conversation without bursting into hysterical tears at the mere thought of one of her ancestors. It's very manipulative and extremely controlling, and you can see that all of her kids have learned the same sentimentality. I mean, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your family and their history, but when sentiment is used to erase the truth of history, it just becomes meaningless and fake. All the kids and grandkids are being raised with a highly curated family history that likely bears no resemblance to the truth and teaches the kids to unquestioningly follow in the footsteps of their relatives. It's very cult-like behavior (you can draw your own parallels re: the LDS religion---but I am not going to get into that particular argument here).

When you have such a subjective and emotional view of family history, the truthful stuff seems to be conveniently left out. The reality of life for the Griffiths women (and Jennifer's family branch) is more likely one of limited/poor education (because girls don't need to be clever or educated), very young motherhood, limited financial resources, and the sheer exhaustion and health issues exacerbated by spitting out a new baby every year or two. It's really no wonder that women like Jennifer end up becoming gatekeepers of the family history by creating such a sickly fake and sentimental family narrative as a way to deny the reality of their situation. You can see how she has cultivated this in her own daughters and now, her grandchildren as well, but at the same time, it is clear it isn't working as several of her daughters appear to have some ongoing mental health struggles.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

The pattern will continue though because even the miserable daughters don’t realize WHY they are miserable. Just look at Ellie’s ridiculous rant today on IG about why people shouldn’t have told her it was a mistake to get married so young. She’s clearly miserable and unfulfilled, yet willing to defend her choices until the end of the earth.

So she’ll expect her children to follow in her footsteps.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

YTIG60 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm I'm not sure the blush dream dress looks that great on any of these models with the exception of the tallest young lady and she probably looks good in anything. I thought their other previous casual dresses were ok. There is some feedback from some who wanted a longer sleeve and how it didn't sit right on the "thinner women" who I think this person meant Ellie.
The colour washes all of them out. It’s not good. Did they use the same material to save costs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Forgot to attach the picture!Image

tarheelgirl-71
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tarheelgirl-71 »

lmmomSD wrote:I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.
Everything about that picture conspires to make it unflattering. These "house dresses" are so weird. They don't wear things like that IRL, and when asked about that, Bonnie (or their social media person) makes some reply about wearing an outfit to reflect a mood. I guess they are never in a 1950's "I have no choice but to be a housewife and pop out as many babies as my body will tolerate, and women can't wear pants, so I guess I will wear this housedress" mood?
They don't seem to understand that women wore muumuus and house dresses because back then, nice women didn't wear pants. You couldn't wear leggings or jeans in public. The dress code at Ruby's kids school still doesn't allow girls to wear pants-- in Utah in the winter! Women didn't choose to dress that way. Except Meg Ryan and her adorable fleece maxi skirt (she wore it with a white t-shirt and denim jacket in "When a Man Loves a Woman"-- I have to admit that I found one and bought it when I saw how cute it looked on her). It looked better on her than in this picture because she was so tiny.
They have this nostalgia for a time that they never lived through. Someone made a post about St. Jennifer and the way she has curated their family history and the gaslighting she has done. Not to stand up for her, but I have a feeling that Jennifer was a victim of gaslighting herself. I don't know how far back the dysfunction goes, but I have a feeling it didn't start with Jennifer.
I still can't understand why no one has named a daughter after Jennifer yet. She is the sainted matriarch, and they seem to like naming their children after people. A lot of the boys have Clark for a middle name, Ruby is named after Grandma, she named her son Chad and a daughter after Julie, but no one has named her daughter after Jennifer.
Or is it reserved for when God blesses Ellie with her longed for daughter because she has been so "good"?

I agree. I think since Ruby was the oldest of the Griffiths kids she got to use Chad and since Ellie is the youngest I think she gets the name Jennifer.
I have a question. I wonder, do all Mormons still wear the special underwear? As much as Bollie designs are throwbacks, Bonnie and Ellie don’t seem to be old fashioned in the way they dress in real life. I can’t imagine them wearing “the garments” or whatever that underwear is called. Is it just me thinking that way? Since Bonnie’s surgeries she seems to wear super tight pants. I can’t imagine that underwear looking good under tight pants. Not to mention being super uncomfortable!

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think it's not just the color. It's the lighting too, and that eggshell/gray-white background.

I agree. I think since Ruby was the oldest of the Griffiths kids she got to use Chad and since Ellie is the youngest I think she gets the name Jennifer.
I have a question. I wonder, do all Mormons still wear the special underwear? As much as Bollie designs are throwbacks, Bonnie and Ellie don’t seem to be old fashioned in the way they dress in real life. I can’t imagine them wearing “the garments” or whatever that underwear is called. Is it just me thinking that way? Since Bonnie’s surgeries she seems to wear super tight pants. I can’t imagine that underwear looking good under tight pants. Not to mention being super uncomfortable!

Ellie certainly didn't wear them under her dance costume. But they have been seen in some pictures. I think, as with everything else in their lives, they do it when they want to

Buyingsubsgate2019
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Buyingsubsgate2019 »

Yikes that jumpsuit is a monstrosity. It looks like it came off of a Forever 21 clearance rack!!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I am a fuller figured gal. I have not seen anything that looks good on Bonnie. She just does not look comfortable in the clothes.
In their latest post with the jumpsuit, Ellie certainly could have tied a proper bow in front. Pet peeve of mine is when ties on women’s clothes are perpendicular like hers is.

xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xx+YTfan+xx »

Each piece is worse than the last (ok that's not fair.. the first two were the worst).
You can make things "modest" while still appealing to the general population.. what are they doing on those first two items!?

The jumpsuit is really bad, but that's 90% because of the print they chose. WHY NOT DO BLACK?
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Pet peeve of mine... when stripes don’t align. You can really see it when they show the front of the ugly jumpsuit. It just that it was cheaply made (not taking the time/$ to line up the patterns).
Also what the heck is that elastic stuff in the back? Why isn’t it on the inside?

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
tarheelgirl-71
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tarheelgirl-71 »

Cgl33 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
Me too especially on the “just kidding” part. I’m no business owner, but it seems like they are trying to appeal to older ladies with some of their pieces like the night gown. I wonder if they have ever done a survey or gotten any type of marketing advise on what type of clothes they are selling? Is there any way of knowing the average age of their target audience on YouTube? I’m not sure what they are thinking when they choose these items. They do wear their own clothes sometimes, but honestly I don’t see this clothing line being their typical personal esthetic.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:50 am I don’t mind the bodysuit, but every other item is fugly. The jumpsuit should have been black. Now it looks matronly or like some sort of uniform. The house dress is uglier than the house dresses that my grandmother wore. It really seems like they are trying to prank their viewers with the house dress. I keep waiting for them to say just kidding!
Me too especially on the “just kidding” part. I’m no business owner, but it seems like they are trying to appeal to older ladies with some of their pieces like the night gown. I wonder if they have ever done a survey or gotten any type of marketing advise on what type of clothes they are selling? Is there any way of knowing the average age of their target audience on YouTube? I’m not sure what they are thinking when they choose these items. They do wear their own clothes sometimes, but honestly I don’t see this clothing line being their typical personal esthetic.
I’m sorry, but I’m an “older” lady and there is no way on Gods green earth that I would be caught in these garments. To me, they are trying to appeal to nursing mothers, and young mums in general. They mention several times how nursing friendly they are.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

xx+YTfan+xx wrote:Each piece is worse than the last (ok that's not fair.. the first two were the worst).
You can make things "modest" while still appealing to the general population.. what are they doing on those first two items!?

The jumpsuit is really bad, but that's 90% because of the print they chose. WHY NOT DO BLACK?
That jumpsuit looks like it was made from a tablecloth or a beach cabana.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Ohnonotme wrote:
tarheelgirl-71 wrote:
I’m sorry, but I’m an “older” lady and there is no way on Gods green earth that I would be caught in these garments. To me, they are trying to appeal to nursing mothers, and young mums in general. They mention several times how nursing friendly they are.

*Mormon* nursing mothers lol I'm about to have my 4th and I don't want those clothes anywhere near me haha

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

131618 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 am
tarheelgirl-71 wrote:

Ellie certainly didn't wear them under her dance costume. But they have been seen in some pictures. I think, as with everything else in their lives, they do it when they want to

They do wear them, but you basically get to choose any time that you feel like not wearing them (you have to to go into the temples though). Also on the topic, the glorifying fake idealized stories of their ancestors is definitely a Mormon thing, and they believe they can indoctrinate deceased ancestors into the LDS church which is a big reason that ancestry is such a big deal to them. If any of my descendants do that to me I will haunt the shit out of them.
sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparkle lemon »

OMG that blue dress is so freaking awful. They look like members of a weird religious cult. The color, the cut, the style is just so WRONG. I have to admit I am loving this spring collection because it's just such a train wreck. I have laughed so hard at some of the comments on here and on their instagram over the last week - it's been great!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

sparkle lemon wrote:OMG that blue dress is so freaking awful. They look like members of a weird religious cult. The color, the cut, the style is just so WRONG. I have to admit I am loving this spring collection because it's just such a train wreck. I have laughed so hard at some of the comments on here and on their instagram over the last week - it's been great!
I can’t wait to see which “fans” buy it and send their picture to them. I agree with you their spring line is great for shits and giggles.

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

Remember how we laughed when they launched their first collection? This new collection makes me remember that first floral wrap dress with fondness, and almost brings a tear to the eye. These new pieces just bring tears of laughter. I will never understand the thought process that went into these designs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”