April and Davey

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: April and Davey

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

GGF1987 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:20 pm
sheltiefan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am I think all of the questions they keep acting EB about how does it feel, does it feel, etc just makes the situation worse. Davey wants to complain about how many shots they have to go-they better hope no one is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and needs multiple insulin shots daily! I also don't think Davey plans on giving any shots either! Davey also sounds like he wants to stop the treatments at the end of the vlog!
He still clearly doesn't grasp how serious her condition is...
He can go to sessions to try and fix is pockmarked skin, because he was stupid and didn't use sun screen, or take care of his skin as a teen... but, he can't take care of his little girl, who could go blind, and other issues because of his stupidity for not wanting to believe if medicine, or the fact that she is actually as sick as she is, or whatever it is he has in his idiot mind. But, hey... let's get an exchange student or two... oh and April needs her hair done, and nails did... and new clothes for a white out party. And aren't they do for another couples trip? Isn't that why they are trying to get Frankie to take a bottle? So he can be able to take a bottle while they're gone for 2 weeks? :roll: I may have gotten that wrong, but sometimes when April and Davey drone on... I zone out...
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Why am I not surprised that when they don't have the time/energy to feed EB, she feeds herself 5x as much. It looks like she made it through a bowl of cereal, yogurt and was working on a granola bar when Davy found her. Not the most balanced, but it gives her far more nutrients than the small glass of pureed fruit her parents chose for her.

I also heard April say she was getting Frankie on the bottle so they could go on vacation without him.....you are right! (And I also zone out)

I definitely agree they should find time for their own kids before taking in someone else's. Do they get paid for exchange students, or is it just for vlog footage and free babysitting?
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:45 am Why am I not surprised that when they don't have the time/energy to feed EB, she feeds herself 5x as much. It looks like she made it through a bowl of cereal, yogurt and was working on a granola bar when Davy found her. Not the most balanced, but it gives her far more nutrients than the small glass of pureed fruit her parents chose for her.

I also heard April say she was getting Frankie on the bottle so they could go on vacation without him.....you are right! (And I also zone out)

I definitely agree they should find time for their own kids before taking in someone else's. Do they get paid for exchange students, or is it just for vlog footage and free babysitting?
Good for EB! Eating all the food! She knows she's hungry and her body needs more than a small smoothie, poor girl. UGH her parents, make me wanna scream!

I thought I heard that correctly! But, I didn't wanna go back and re-listen. How old is Frankie? And they're already going on a 2ish week vacation without him? :? I guess he can motherly bond with Grandma and whomever else is watching him...

I think it's for the free babysitting. One of the first things they said to Paola was, "I hope you like babysitting."
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Exchange student in titles for clickbait bring in a lot of views. That's why I think they want to keep doing it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MiloandMax1 wrote:Exchange student in titles for clickbait bring in a lot of views. That's why I think they want to keep doing it.
And I seriously doubt that they share the $$ with the exchange students.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

This kid is already sneaking food. This is how you create disordered eating in a child.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I am surprised they are not scared of bringing an unrelated teen girl into the house now at Zade's age. The thought of a new exchange student is the first thing I have seen him show excitement about since he became a surly teen.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Maybe they read here. It sounds like they are finally starting to understand how serious EB's condition is. They sound angry that nobody told them that it was anything more than "an achy knee when a storm is coming". I wonder if part of it comes from their ancestral custom of "keeping sweet" and always having to act happy. Doctors and daily medication is certainly a drag, but continuing to ignore it will permanently damage their child. I hope they actually keep up with her treatments now, and this wasn't just a vlog moment.

------------------------------------------
I just put 2-and-2 together and realized a woman I knew in my childhood went blind from Juvenile Arthritis. I knew she had a glass eye that she popped out, and went totally blind as an adult from an autoimmune disease. She is an artist and got a lot of publicity when she showed her descent into blindness through her paintings, then her art as she recovered some vision in her remaining eye through "fancy surgery".

April and Davy, if you read this, look her up, Ruth Frisch Dealy. She recorded a video recounting her terror as she stayed in a hospital in Denmark unable to move or see, her right eye removed at 8 yrs old. She also discussed how she no longer wanted to live as an adult when she learned she would lose all her vision. Ruth's family was extremely influential, Harvard/MIT professors, physicists/scientists that developed the Atom Bomb during the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos, high powered entertainment lawyers, Linda & Paul McCartney of the Beatles, etc. They had every possible advantage and connection to treat this and she still lost her eyesight, twice. EB is still very young and medicine has come a long way since she was a child. Do everything you can.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

April & Davey: We're so scared about our child being sick!
Also April & Davey: We're not going to give our child the medication which is recommended even though we're privileged enough to have access to doctors & medication.
Also April & Davey: We're going to go on holiday and leave our child.

Oh yeah we put our kid on this weird juice diet low in protein and fat because we heard about a "cure" on the internet.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They sound angry that nobody told them that it was anything more than "an achy knee when a storm is coming".
????
WTF?? Then WHY were they throwing the word "chemo" around? What did they think those strong medications were for?
When your child is diagnosed with something, you have a responsibility to educate yourself. You can't rely on doctors spoon-feeding you information on it. So they researched "cures" that would make it so they didn't have to spend time taking care of EB, but not the disease process and possible complications?
They make me so angry.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Achey knee when it's raining could be knee so swollen she cannot walk so she can't go to school. Unless mom and dad give her those awesome drugs which help minimize swelling.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

So, April and Davey leave their kids to fend for themselves, to go take food to the Shumway's, and seemed more concerned about their daughter, who was recovering from surgery that went well... than their own daughter, who has JIA. Am I the only one who find that a bit crazy? I understand being concerned for your friends... but, more concerned for your friends than your own family? What??
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:35 pm So, April and Davey leave their kids to fend for themselves, to go take food to the Shumway's, and seemed more concerned about their daughter, who was recovering from surgery that went well... than their own daughter, who has JIA. Am I the only one who find that a bit crazy? I understand being concerned for your friends... but, more concerned for your friends than your own family? What??
I didn't watch that vlog. But. just based on your comment, I don't think you have to forget other people just because you have problems yourself. Are they truly more concerned? Or is it socially expected to show concern in that kind of situations?
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I still say if the parents wouldn't carry on like they do, EB would handle the shots better. Put the camera down and give her the shot!! I will be very surprised if they don't stop taking the shots before the doctor stops them!
oregonchat89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by oregonchat89 »

Kataja wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:38 am
ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:35 pm So, April and Davey leave their kids to fend for themselves, to go take food to the Shumway's, and seemed more concerned about their daughter, who was recovering from surgery that went well... than their own daughter, who has JIA. Am I the only one who find that a bit crazy? I understand being concerned for your friends... but, more concerned for your friends than your own family? What??
I didn't watch that vlog. But. just based on your comment, I don't think you have to forget other people just because you have problems yourself. Are they truly more concerned? Or is it socially expected to show concern in that kind of situations?
I hate to push religion here, but that's what Mormons do. They are more concerned with appearances than the health of their own family. They will deny this, but the only reason why they do service acts is so they can go to the highest heaven possible when they die and have spirit babies and the whole nine yards. My mom grew up in the LDS church and her and her siblings were abused and mistreated in sexual, physical, and emotional ways and even when it came out to the bishop nobody believed it because they pushed false representations of themselves. Its ridiculous, both families are messed up for real.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I watched an interview of former LDS members who say as teens a senior member of the church would take them one at a time into a room and ask them detailed questions about sex. To keep them pure. Better not be thinking about sex or anything. Some found this hinky why would a grown man need to speak to children alone about sex. So then it became the practice that you could request a parent be there but socially it was unacceptable because if you asked for a parent to be there the rest of the church took this as a sign of guilt. So most kids wouldn't ask for a third party to be there because of that.

The LDS isn't the only church who has failed kids when it comes to this stuff so I am not only calling out them by any means.

These YouTubers aren't really showing what an awesome church this is. Shay Carl repeatedly cheated on his wife blamed his alcoholism. Clare's dad talked about how she had over 100 working days in 2019 - uh why is your child having any working days? Claims she isn't supporting the family. The Gardners - he was 19-20 and she was 13 when they met hello hasty marriage the second she turned 18. There are others. It's messy. IDK see how this is promoting their cause.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DoodleBop2 wrote:I watched an interview of former LDS members who say as teens a senior member of the church would take them one at a time into a room and ask them detailed questions about sex. To keep them pure. Better not be thinking about sex or anything. Some found this hinky why would a grown man need to speak to children alone about sex. So then it became the practice that you could request a parent be there but socially it was unacceptable because if you asked for a parent to be there the rest of the church took this as a sign of guilt. So most kids wouldn't ask for a third party to be there because of that.

The LDS isn't the only church who has failed kids when it comes to this stuff so I am not only calling out them by any means.

These YouTubers aren't really showing what an awesome church this is. Shay Carl repeatedly cheated on his wife blamed his alcoholism. Clare's dad talked about how she had over 100 working days in 2019 - uh why is your child having any working days? Claims she isn't supporting the family. The Gardners - he was 19-20 and she was 13 when they met hello hasty marriage the second she turned 18. There are others. It's messy. IDK see how this is promoting their cause.
It's because they APPEAR happy and well off, and people take their videos at face value and don't see the cracks in the facade, or how these "loving parents" are actually exploiting their kids and using the money to take nice vacations. It's all about the surface appeal. Just go to their social media and comment something that isn't sucking up. It doesn't even have to be negative, really. Just not overwhelmingly positive. You will get attacked by people who are sucking down the koolaid and told that we should be grateful that they share their lives with us!
If you try to tell them that the emperor has no clothes, they will just dismiss you as a hater.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

What are the kids eating for breakfast all the time?? I’ve never heard of it before.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

shortstop wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm What are the kids eating for breakfast all the time?? I’ve never heard of it before.
Acai bowls. It's a really thick smoothie basically, and then you top it with your favorite healthy toppings. They're good and supposed to be really good for you.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Zade seems super lethargic and sad. I don't like commenting on kids generally but I'd actually be kind of concerned about him if this is how he behaves in real life. Maybe he just doesn't like the camera? If so, huge hint to parents to get off the internet. If it's something other than that...still... huge hint to parent to get off the internet!

Return to “A-H”