Bollie Brand

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by ICantEven »

How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

I can't get over what poor quality all the clothes look like when they hold them up to the camera. That thick polyester fabric they use for everything drapes horribly and the stitching quality doesn't look great either. Not to mention the elastic /gathering on the outside and the worst colors/patterns ever.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

ICantEven wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

I can't get over what poor quality all the clothes look like when they hold them up to the camera. That thick polyester fabric they use for everything drapes horribly and the stitching quality doesn't look great either. Not to mention the elastic /gathering on the outside and the worst colors/patterns ever.
This has been entertaining! The collar couldn't look any more poorly made. It should be pleated without actually cinching in the top of the dress. The Col. Sanders tie... It only looks kinda okay on the tall model on the left. On the one girl the waist is tucking under her breasts.

But hey, Ellie could probably breast feed in it and it has pockets.
2020-02-19_11-12-43.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

gopedjane wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am
ICantEven wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm How can they be 2 years in and the designs are getting worse! The house dress was bad, but what in the world is that blue dress?!

This has been entertaining! The collar couldn't look any more poorly made. It should be pleated without actually cinching in the top of the dress. The Col. Sanders tie... It only looks kinda okay on the tall model on the left. On the one girl the waist is tucking under her breasts.

But hey, Ellie could probably breast feed in it and it has pockets.

2020-02-19_11-12-43.jpg
Someone asked if you can remove the navy blue tie and I remember they said no, but can't find the response anymore. They have got to be worried about this spring line with what they know looks like matronly clothes.
This is one of my favorites funny responses - So she is saying this dress is what a maid at a hotel would wear. I can't see J Lo modeling this dress. :D
This one should be called 💙Maid in Manhattan 💙 j-lo could be the model
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think they actually did pretty well with the fluttery sleeve top they introduced today. It's not really my style but I wouldn't do a double take if I saw someone wearing it, like some of their other designs. In the photos from the fit model, the blue and white seersucker actually looked nice. I like the tie at the back of the neck. The plain white doesn't look nearly as cute to me, but if they are actually making a lightweight cotton top for the summer, I'd consider that progress!
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

ICantEven wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am I think they actually did pretty well with the fluttery sleeve top they introduced today. It's not really my style but I wouldn't do a double take if I saw someone wearing it, like some of their other designs. In the photos from the fit model, the blue and white seersucker actually looked nice. I like the tie at the back of the neck. The plain white doesn't look nearly as cute to me, but if they are actually making a lightweight cotton top for the summer, I'd consider that progress!
I take back my initial favorable impression. From the IGTV video, it looks weird and ill-fitting on Ellie and Bonnie. The cap sleeve underneath doesn't really work. Also, for girls who have repeatedly mentioned that they don't like their clothes to be see-through, they missed the boat on this thin white top.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Those wide capri pants or whatever are horrid!! I feel like its another grandma staple. Unflattering on both but also, if you're in an indoor setting, you should *really* not be able to see where the lining ends it'd be one thing if they were a light, summery pant but they look heavy...ugh...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xx+YTfan+xx »

They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

also, are they deleting negative comments just like they do on their personal pages? because it seems like when they first post these videos/pictures people are totally bashing the pieces.. but when you check back after a few hours its all butterflies and rainbows.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

131618 wrote:Those wide capri pants or whatever are horrid!! I feel like its another grandma staple. Unflattering on both but also, if you're in an indoor setting, you should *really* not be able to see where the lining ends Image it'd be one thing if they were a light, summery pant but they look heavy...ugh...

Those pants/capris with the elastic around the waist totally remind me of Alfred Dunner, the old lady brand at JC Penney.

I’ve also noticed that all the dresses have the same line/shape from the waist down. Just straight with the least amount of effort towards creating a defined shape. The striped dress thing from last spring is the same shape. Then they just add a slit so people can actually move. The pencil skirt from fall is slightly better but not by much.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

xx+YTfan+xx wrote:They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

also, are they deleting negative comments just like they do on their personal pages? because it seems like when they first post these videos/pictures people are totally bashing the pieces.. but when you check back after a few hours its all butterflies and rainbows.
Oh, they are definitely deleting comments. They block people too. Really professional. Anyone who doesn't think these are the cutest clothes ever, and say they can't wait to buy them, is dismissed as a "hater", and blocked. Trustpilot is the only place where dissatisfied customers can say what their experience was. Even there, you have minions leaving 5 star reviews just because "Bonnie and Ellie are so wonderful!" I know I say this a lot, so sorry for repeating myself: I will never understand the cult of personality that springs up around these YouTubers. They aren't special. And most of them aren't "amazing moms". Most of them don't even seem to like their children. And they aren't "giving". It's bizarre.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 am
xx+YTfan+xx wrote:They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

Oh, they are definitely deleting comments. They block people too. Really professional. Anyone who doesn't think these are the cutest clothes ever, and say they can't wait to buy them, is dismissed as a "hater", and blocked. Trustpilot is the only place where dissatisfied customers can say what their experience was. Even there, you have minions leaving 5 star reviews just because "Bonnie and Ellie are so wonderful!" I know I say this a lot, so sorry for repeating myself: I will never understand the cult of personality that springs up around these YouTubers. They aren't special. And most of them aren't "amazing moms". Most of them don't even seem to like their children. And they aren't "giving". It's bizarre.

Yes, I read a comment where someone was asking about why the pockets aren't laying right and others answered that it was because the pants are too tight on Bonnie through the thigh so they are pulling. That comment is gone now. Which it is true but I would never comment on their IG because I don't want to be blocked. LOL.

People definitely are drinking the koolaid. So many people just believe what is told them them and they tell people they are great people and moms so they must be, right?

Wondering if we will see a summer or fall collection from Bollie and what it will look like. Also, if they fired previous designers, I wonder if their designs would have been better than what has been produced.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

These Bollie dresses remind me of my first year sewing projects with the colors (yellow), ruffle hemline and elastic waistbands on the dresses that I made decades ago. I don't believe this style has come back either...
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I love how their response for every question about it being see through is to wear a nude bra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIG60 wrote:These Bollie dresses remind me of my first year sewing projects with the colors (yellow), ruffle hemline and elastic waistbands on the dresses that I made decades ago. I don't believe this style has come back either...
OMG, yes! Simplicity patterns!

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparkle lemon »

It's like they have designed it all for old ladies in a Florida retirement community or something. Just hideous!
While I hate the design of all the pieces, their choices of fabric and color are just so off the mark. That sundress is ugly as hell but if they'd gone with a simple cotton in white or a soft floral or paisley with some embroidery, they might have pulled it off and at least it would be nice to wear in the heat of summer. Yellow is hard to wear for many people, and that particular shade is just awful.
Buyingsubsgate2019
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Buyingsubsgate2019 »

Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Buyingsubsgate2019 wrote:Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Buyingsubsgate2019 wrote:Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue
shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

I actually think they all look terrible on her, they do nothing for her. Then Bonnie is wearing a M when she needs to size up because she is focussed on the size not the fit.

Why are these shorts spitting the model’s ass cheeks apart? I find the group photos are the best.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

gopedjane wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue
shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

I actually think they all look terrible on her, they do nothing for her. Then Bonnie is wearing a M when she needs to size up because she is focussed on the size not the fit.

Why are these shorts spitting the model’s ass cheeks apart? I find the group photos are the best.

Oh my god, the jump suit looks ridiculous on the tall model, cutting off on her mid calves. That girl would NEVER wear that out. Those blue shorts are horrible. Ellie is drowning in them and Bonnie clearly needs sized up. But they’re so “true to size”. They need to cut the crap, anyone with eyes isn’t going to buy that. Bonnie wouldn’t stand up straight or put her legs together or move her hands from her crotch because she knew they looked awful. We need to keep a running tally of how often we see them wearing this stuff in the future. It’s so bizarre to see two relatively young moms who pride themselves on being young and hip come out with such a matronly, sad line.

Reading the comments each day is my favorite. This collection is going to be a major flop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

In Bonnie's vlog today she said Bollie has outgrown their warehouse area, but it will cost more to rent a larger space too. They must have ordered a significant amount of "pilgrim" outfits for their spring line. Several outfits have received enough negative feedback on IG that could keep an owner up at night worrying.
I not sure why the other company (Minky) wants to be part of their launch party, but I have to say Bonnie pushing this idea is not a bad one since it looks like they will have it at the retail store and share in the cost. But it will cost and can they afford this? Also, it looks like Bonnie is their social media point person with her talking to Minky's social media director and they were doing the planning. So it looks like the social media job goes unfilled. ;) I heard Ellie say "do you love that were doing more work." I know she referred this to their wedding, but my guess is they will be doing the bulk of the work for this party and probably should be grateful they have free space to have it in.
I felt their earlier Bollie lines were not too bad, but as they show on IG each new piece, I believe they have a problem. If you look on Bollie IG, most of their customers are their age. I don't think their spring line will appeal to them and their prices are generally high. I will be interested to see how they price these dresses etc.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I couldn't figure out what the shorts reminded me of on Ellie and I finally pin pointed it. They remind me so much of the work pants that my 75 year old grandpa wore in the 80's. I don't know what they were called or if you could even buy them anymore but I think they are from an older era. They were always brown or gray.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”