Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Locked
User avatar
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:51 am
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 4875 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Catface2 »

Why is he still buying shit for that fish tank? Why does he even still have it?
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 14955
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 1916 times
Been thanked: 11215 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
I stopped watching daily maybe.... 4-6 months after they moved into this house. I just got bored, but would watch occasionally. I had pretty much stopped watching when the addiction vlog dropped. I kept up with them for a couple months after that but honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I had watched before they came out with this debt disaster stuff. Now I’ve been watching regularly, just to get the juicy details and bc they have started to make me laugh again. While I feel like their life has went to shit, I kinda feel like their relationship with each other has improved?????? Idk if anyone will agree with me on that but they seem to at least tolerate each other more these days. Cullen doesn’t look so defeated and Katie doesn’t look as disgusted..... maybe they just know they can’t get out of this situation alone and have resolved to get along :lol:
They always get along better when they are drinking. Alcohol has unfortunately been a part of their lives again for awhile now.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coletrain_04
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:22 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Coletrain_04 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 pm
Playsinrain wrote:
I stopped watching daily maybe.... 4-6 months after they moved into this house. I just got bored, but would watch occasionally. I had pretty much stopped watching when the addiction vlog dropped. I kept up with them for a couple months after that but honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I had watched before they came out with this debt disaster stuff. Now I’ve been watching regularly, just to get the juicy details and bc they have started to make me laugh again. While I feel like their life has went to shit, I kinda feel like their relationship with each other has improved?????? Idk if anyone will agree with me on that but they seem to at least tolerate each other more these days. Cullen doesn’t look so defeated and Katie doesn’t look as disgusted..... maybe they just know they can’t get out of this situation alone and have resolved to get along :lol:
They always get along better when they are drinking. Alcohol has unfortunately been a part of their lives again for awhile now.

Yes. The amount of drinking they did/do makes me sad for their kids. I think Cullen really struggles with depression and addiction and he’s never been allowed to truly seek help for it. Katie talks about Co dependency blah blah blah blah...but I think she can be a master manipulator herself.

Sorry to be hating on her so much recently.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 23565
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 38252 times
Been thanked: 29296 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:Amazon Prime is 100% worth the price because it saves a TON of money and time. I literally ordered some items I needed for work last night at 9 p.m. and they were at my house about noon today. I didn't even have to get out of my PJs, drive to a store, sit in traffic or wait in line. That's IDEAL on a weekend!!

EVERYONE on a budget should probably have Prime. It's totally worth the price just for convenience and the FREE shipping. Have you been to the post office lately?? Damn, shipping prices are bonkers! I also use Prime to send gifts so I can avoid USPS shipping charges.

Also, I hate having to get the 40-pound bag of litter from PetSmart, so I Prime it and they bring it to my door. It's literally the same price (or cheaper on Amazon). Life hack.

Amazon Prime is actually a smart move if you trying to save money. If you don't have to go to Target/Walmart/Publix/wherever, then you aren't likely buying rando things you didn't go there to buy.
As long as they are buying things they actually need, I agree with you. I love Prime, because I can get things I need that are harder to find, with free shipping. For instance, my daughter works at Goodwill and a lot of the clothes she processes have fleas and other little biting bugs. She wears one of those Off clip on repellents and the refills are hard to find. I can order them through Prime.
But I can see Katie buying frivolous things because her definition of want vs need is skewed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 3659 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Boymomma123 »

Obviously there is a benefit to having prime if they are using it for items they actually need. But Katie does seem to have a problem with shopping and thinks most things she wants are things she needs.

I love prime and use it often but if you cannot afford your mortgage you need every last penny you can find. C&K are in a very different situation than most of us and if they are still behind on their mortgage they are in some serious trouble.

Gaines is wearing the same pajamas in Katie's Instagram post again! It's just so gross to me, change your kid!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kaper
Informer
Informer
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:54 pm
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 1168 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by kaper »

Can anyone clarify the foreclosure process? My understanding is when a homeowner gets too far behind on mortgage payments (3 months ?) the bank will foreclose/take possession, of the house. At that point, the homeowner no longer gets to sell it on their own. The bank will sell it or put it up for auction and is willing to settle for the principle owed. The homeowner is still liable for any interest, late payment fees and administration costs left on the contract signed at the time of purchase. If this is correct, K & C will be facing bankruptcy to get out of just the mortgage mess.

Good luck to them. Their credit will be in shambles, and they will not be able to apply for credit cards, loans, rentals etc for years. I don't know all the different bankruptcy formats, I just feel they should be doing everything they can to at least make a payment on the principle portion of their mortgage. The entire monthly payment is mostly interest at this point. Making a sincere effort to pay the principle is showing the bank you are trying to be responsible.
HashtagBlessed
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 2129 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by HashtagBlessed »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:36 pm
I agree they don’t have time to make slow process. They need to have stopped overspending MONTHS AGO. It’s time to stop acting like spoiled, entitled children and to start acting like adults. They need to dig themselves out of the hole they are in, not just slow the pace with which they consume more debt.

Sure we can be overly critical of YTers on these boards, but I don’t think this is a case of that. I think some people aren’t alarmed enough, and it makes me wonder if they are actually defending their own financial decisions.

We aren’t talking about minor debt here. C&K are close to losing their house. That leaves no room for unnecessary purchases, no matter how necessary Katie may feel they are. They should be living on rice and beans at this point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, they are beyond delusional. Any attempts to be honest in these videos is a last ditch effort to make more money on YouTube, but I don't think they've truly gained any self-awareness. I think Katie can not come to terms with accepting responsibility and admitting that they are all going to have to suffer in order to course correct. She doesn't want anything to change in the kid's world. They still go to daycare and Gaines is still in gymnastics. She's purchasing gift baskets for all the holidays and thinking about teacher gifts. The kids are eating the same convenience meals every night. She mentioned that the kids love going out for Tex Mex night. If the kids have to endure major change, which is inevitable at this point, because they can't keep accumulating debt to finance this unsustainable lifestyle, Katie has to come to terms with the fact that her kids suffer because of her and Cullen's poor decisions as their parents. In Katie's mind, she can do no wrong, so that's a hard pill to swallow.
OKmom10
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by OKmom10 »

I really am blown away by how Katie justifies her purchases. You can tell she honestly has no clue on how to be frugal. It comes off as really spoiled. I did laugh at the pine straw bit. It’s humbling to lay pine straw? My father in law is a millionaire and lived off of the lakefront in our town. He does his own yard work and works full time. Many of the wealthy people who have lakefront properties do some of their own yard work as well. That’s why these two are broke. They don’t understand that most millionaires are rich because they DON’T blow their money and they work hard. I was confused though as to why Cullen didn’t simply rake the leaves. We rake our leaves for compost and then rake the pine straw around our pine trees. It looks nice that way. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone put pine straw down like they did. I’ve only ever seen it circled nicely around trees.

Edited: When I think about it, I do see people use pine straw but to lay around their garden or do a small area. It seems like such a large area they did. Like, why not care for the yard instead of spending money to cover up leaves?
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Lovethesnark »

YouTube suggested the podcast where they talk about calling the cops. I’m wondering they were both high when they called the cops? Sounds like pothead paranoia.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 3669 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Ducklings4 »

OKmom10 wrote:I really am blown away by how Katie justifies her purchases. You can tell she honestly has no clue on how to be frugal. It comes off as really spoiled. I did laugh at the pine straw bit. It’s humbling to lay pine straw? My father in law is a millionaire and lived off of the lakefront in our town. He does his own yard work and works full time. Many of the wealthy people who have lakefront properties do some of their own yard work as well. That’s why these two are broke. They don’t understand that most millionaires are rich because they DON’T blow their money and they work hard. I was confused though as to why Cullen didn’t simply rake the leaves. We rake our leaves for compost and then rake the pine straw around our pine trees. It looks nice that way. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone put pine straw down like they did. I’ve only ever seen it circled nicely around trees.

Edited: When I think about it, I do see people use pine straw but to lay around their garden or do a small area. It seems like such a large area they did. Like, why not care for the yard instead of spending money to cover up leaves?
I am not a fan of pine straw, but they could have raked up the leaves for free and not paid for the pine straw. To me they went the lazy route. My husband and I will have to start raking next month. We will bag over 50 lawn bags in March when the live oaks shed their leaves. We certainly could hire someone, but it’s exercise and fresh air.
My other issue is Gaines wants a fox umbrella. Wouldn’t this be a great time to teach her that you don’t always need to buy frivolous things. One in the Bush is worth two in the hand. A penny saved is a penny earned. She will follow right along in her Mama’s foot steps if they don’t teach her now. She won’t learn any younger!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justkidding
Talker
Talker
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 pm
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by justkidding »

kaper wrote:Can anyone clarify the foreclosure process? My understanding is when a homeowner gets too far behind on mortgage payments (3 months ?) the bank will foreclose/take possession, of the house. At that point, the homeowner no longer gets to sell it on their own. The bank will sell it or put it up for auction and is willing to settle for the principle owed. The homeowner is still liable for any interest, late payment fees and administration costs left on the contract signed at the time of purchase. If this is correct, K & C will be facing bankruptcy to get out of just the mortgage mess.

Good luck to them. Their credit will be in shambles, and they will not be able to apply for credit cards, loans, rentals etc for years. I don't know all the different bankruptcy formats, I just feel they should be doing everything they can to at least make a payment on the principle portion of their mortgage. The entire monthly payment is mostly interest at this point. Making a sincere effort to pay the principle is showing the bank you are trying to be responsible.
I’ve never worked in collections or faced collections. However, I know that sometimes a creditor will not accept a partial payment when a loan goes in default. It’s possible that their mortgage company will not allow them to only pay one months mortgage if it has gone into collections. This may explain why they don’t seem focused on catching up the mortgage payment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 am
Has thanked: 1516 times
Been thanked: 1781 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by lovingthisforum »

OKmom10 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:00 am
I really am blown away by how Katie justifies her purchases. You can tell she honestly has no clue on how to be frugal. It comes off as really spoiled. I did laugh at the pine straw bit. It’s humbling to lay pine straw? My father in law is a millionaire and lived off of the lakefront in our town. He does his own yard work and works full time. Many of the wealthy people who have lakefront properties do some of their own yard work as well. That’s why these two are broke. They don’t understand that most millionaires are rich because they DON’T blow their money and they work hard. I was confused though as to why Cullen didn’t simply rake the leaves. We rake our leaves for compost and then rake the pine straw around our pine trees. It looks nice that way. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone put pine straw down like they did. I’ve only ever seen it circled nicely around trees.

Edited: When I think about it, I do see people use pine straw but to lay around their garden or do a small area. It seems like such a large area they did. Like, why not care for the yard instead of spending money to cover up leaves?
She doesn't even have to suffer, only sacrifice a couple of things, be realistic and sensible. Cancel a couple of big things that safe money easily and efficiently. The pine straw was a waste of money and in the same time they laid it out they could have raked the leaves. But luckily Gaines will have an umbrella for when they lose the roof above their head.
Boymomma123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 3659 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Boymomma123 »

Katie is obviously just addicted to shopping and the instant gratification you get from purchasing items. If they hadn't started this debt series she would have run right out and bought Gaines that overpriced $25 fox umbrella. I understand wanting to give your kids the world but they benefit more from being told no. I really just don't agree with giving super young kids money for helping with everyday chores. There are other ways to teach kids the value of money. This was just Katie's way of fulfilling her shopping addiction and continue to spoil Gaines. This is just another way they show their bias towards Gaines. All the money they gave to Gaines for "chores" they could have used to buy Brooks the rain boots he actually needed. Not that there is anything wrong with buying them used the way she did but it just highlights the favoritism. She is a child, talk her out of the fox umbrella and find a less expensive one that would really be teaching her a lesson. Find one that is half the price and teach her about saving the rest of the money. But no its Gaines world and she has to have anything and everything she wants or desires the moment she thinks it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7388
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 883 times
Been thanked: 1934 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Playsinrain »

I get that Katie shows favorites with Gaines but I see nothing wrong with letting Gaines save her money she earns from chores to buy something she wants. They are teaching her about saving money and having to work to earn money. It’s better than in the past where they would have just bought it no questions asked.
sweetlace
Talker
Talker
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by sweetlace »

They bought them late valentines presents????? They got them Frozen 2 already for $19.99?!? Are their children seriously this entitled that they expect presents for every single holiday? I cannot even have an ounce of sympathy for them and their broke woes. First thing they should have cut when budgeting is purchases exactly like this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 2546 times
Been thanked: 5924 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

sweetlace wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:38 am
They bought them late valentines presents????? They got them Frozen 2 already for $19.99?!? Are their children seriously this entitled that they expect presents for every single holiday? I cannot even have an ounce of sympathy for them and their broke woes. First thing they should have cut when budgeting is purchases exactly like this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't they say thanks to Grandberry on there? Im pretty sure theyre gifts from her, they likely got them at Sophia's b-day party this past weekend.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 3669 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Ducklings4 »

While I see your point that Gaines should be able to earn her money and spend it as she wants, that is what got her parents into financial trouble. I believe they should teach her to spend her money wisely. Does she want the umbrella because she needs an umbrella or because she likes the Fox aspect? If she needs an umbrella are there cheaper options? Teaching someone to earn money is not managing money. Katie and Cullen need to learn to manage their money and while they’re at it teach their kids to manage it as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7388
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 883 times
Been thanked: 1934 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Playsinrain »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am
While I see your point that Gaines should be able to earn her money and spend it as she wants, that is what got her parents into financial trouble. I believe they should teach her to spend her money wisely. Does she want the umbrella because she needs an umbrella or because she likes the Fox aspect? If she needs an umbrella are there cheaper options? Teaching someone to earn money is not managing money. Katie and Cullen need to learn to manage their money and while they’re at it teach their kids to manage it as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at it that way then anything a child her age is gonna want to save her money for is frivolous and unneeded. Are we expecting her to save up her money she earns to catch up the mortgage? Buy groceries? She’s a kid. Let her save her money for what she deems important. It’s still instilling the same value. All kids are going to want toys games and movies. If she wants the umbrella she has to work for it and save. Just my opinion though...
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 2546 times
Been thanked: 5924 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 am
Ducklings4 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am
While I see your point that Gaines should be able to earn her money and spend it as she wants, that is what got her parents into financial trouble. I believe they should teach her to spend her money wisely. Does she want the umbrella because she needs an umbrella or because she likes the Fox aspect? If she needs an umbrella are there cheaper options? Teaching someone to earn money is not managing money. Katie and Cullen need to learn to manage their money and while they’re at it teach their kids to manage it as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at it that way then anything a child her age is gonna want to save her money for is frivolous and unneeded. Are we expecting her to save up her money she earns to catch up the mortgage? Buy groceries? She’s a kid. Let her save her money for what she deems important. It’s still instilling the same value. All kids are going to want toys games and movies. If she wants the umbrella she has to work for it and save. Just my opinion though...

While I am not a fan of Cullen & Katie at the moment, and I don't agree with much of their approach to their finances I do think teaching Gaines to earn money for things she wants is a great thing. Its really the first step to teaching any child the value of money. And given that in the past Katie would have just went out and bought it for her? This is great. I think theyre really over paying her for the "chores" but whatever, at least she's learning if she wants something she needs to work for it.
Boymomma123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 3659 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Boymomma123 »

Most of my issue with the umbrella is that these chores they have paid her for just seem like a way for Katie to make sure Gaines has enough money to buy her umbrella.

I have not issue with them encouraging her to save her own money and I think it is great. However they paid he for chores that most 5-6 year old are expected to do without being paid. They also came up with the ideas for her to do chores and be paid it seems. It's not like she spontaneously offered to do the chores and they surprised her with money for her help. I think they are going to end up creating a monster with this whole chores thing and she will expect to be paid for any chore she does. Plus they also cannot pay their bills so can they really afford to be paying their kids for basic chores?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 3669 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Ducklings4 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 am
Ducklings4 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am
While I see your point that Gaines should be able to earn her money and spend it as she wants, that is what got her parents into financial trouble. I believe they should teach her to spend her money wisely. Does she want the umbrella because she needs an umbrella or because she likes the Fox aspect? If she needs an umbrella are there cheaper options? Teaching someone to earn money is not managing money. Katie and Cullen need to learn to manage their money and while they’re at it teach their kids to manage it as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at it that way then anything a child her age is gonna want to save her money for is frivolous and unneeded. Are we expecting her to save up her money she earns to catch up the mortgage? Buy groceries? She’s a kid. Let her save her money for what she deems important. It’s still instilling the same value. All kids are going to want toys games and movies. If she wants the umbrella she has to work for it and save. Just my opinion though...

While I am not a fan of Cullen & Katie at the moment, and I don't agree with much of their approach to their finances I do think teaching Gaines to earn money for things she wants is a great thing. Its really the first step to teaching any child the value of money. And given that in the past Katie would have just went out and bought it for her? This is great. I think theyre really over paying her for the "chores" but whatever, at least she's learning if she wants something she needs to work for it.
You hit the nail on the head, they over paid her for her chores. Like her mom, she is not going to learn the value of a dollar or a hard days work. The fact that Cullen and Katie repeatedly called that work humbling was nauseating. Gaines wants the umbrella, she will get the umbrella. There will be no discussion about once you spend that money it’s gone, if you decide you want xyz you won’t be able to buy it. Now if they did that I would say yes let Gaines spend her money the way she wants to spend it. Also do Cullen and Katie have an envelope dedicated to pay the kids for their chores? That is another aspect they need to tho k about. When you’re in as much debt as they are, you have to watch and budget every penny even what you pay the kids for “chores”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7388
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 883 times
Been thanked: 1934 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Playsinrain »

All this is a matter of parenting opinions. Some of us think allowance is good, other don’t agree, some say she’s getting too much money, others don’t agree with that either. This point comes down to opinion and isn’t something we can ever agree on, it’s one of those non point kinda things for me. There will always be differing opinions on it. No need to argue for the sake of arguing here. I will say that I’m not sure what kinda “hard days work” you think a 5 year old should do for a couple bucks but I feel like helping out around the house is worth it to me anyway... we have no idea if there will be a discussion about when the money is gone it’s gone, but I assume that’s a conversation that has to happen weather they want to have it or not. When she wants another toy after she buys the umbrella she will have to save up for it! Unless they are sneaking money into her piggy bank and not telling her or anyone how it got there, seeing the empty piggy bank will make Gaines realize the money is gone, and now she is starting over. All in all, if we agree or disagree about allowance, Katie is making her save her money to buy it herself and that’s a positive thing. I can’t talk bad about that.

Also, to answer a previous question the cameras were from grandberry, as was the boomerang Brooks was playing with this morning. Cullen mentioned it was part of the Vday stuff they got from her.
lovingthisforum
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 am
Has thanked: 1516 times
Been thanked: 1781 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by lovingthisforum »

This is not an allowance though plus you have to see it in larger context, their attitudes haven't changed and gaines is spoiled. The useless fox umbrella is a perfect example of how Katie is giving through her shopping addiction to Gaines (and all the aspects that it contains). And the fox part is only because gaines has a temporary mood of liking foxes, but this doesn't mean you suddenly have to buy everything that exists with foxes, the only reason gaines liked that umbrella is because of the fox. If she likes foxes it means she already has stuff with foxes. Also first, it hardly rains in Alabama, so when is she going to use it? Second, she is afraid of storms, so what is she going to do with her fox umbrella outside that'll being blown away immediately? Please be aware you haven't watched them in a while, except for a couple of debt disaster videos, because disaster it is, only Katie in particular isn't treating it as such, and 'Katie' of course immediately includes Gaines for her, they are one and the same. Though maybe not so important, that's what's happening here with the fox umbrella. No sacrifices for Katie and Gaines. And buying useless stuff. Even a seemingly futile gesture of not buying something can help you with changing your general attitude. Though I don't care that much about the umbrella, it's still really unfair Brooks got less money (with excuses and rationalizations).

Also did you get a pm from someone asking how you were doing? I was the one asking that because you didn't return after your parties in the summer ;) Anyway, glad you're alright! @playsinrain

And the money probably won't be gone because Gaines has a second piggy bank UNLIKE Brooks.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7388
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 883 times
Been thanked: 1934 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by Playsinrain »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:53 pm
This is not an allowance though plus you have to see it in larger context, their attitudes haven't changed and gaines is spoiled. The useless fox umbrella is a perfect example of how Katie is giving through her shopping addiction to Gaines (and all the aspects that it contains). And the fox part is only because gaines has a temporary mood of liking foxes, but this doesn't mean you suddenly have to buy everything that exists with foxes, the only reason gaines liked that umbrella is because of the fox. If she likes foxes it means she already has stuff with foxes. Also first, it hardly rains in Alabama, so when is she going to use it? Second, she is afraid of storms, so what is she going to do with her fox umbrella outside that'll being blown away immediately? Please be aware you haven't watched them in a while, except for a couple of debt disaster videos, because disaster it is, only Katie in particular isn't treating it as such, and 'Katie' of course immediately includes Gaines for her, they are one and the same. Though maybe not so important, that's what's happening here with the fox umbrella. No sacrifices for Katie and Gaines. And buying useless stuff. Even a seemingly futile gesture of not buying something can help you with changing your general attitude. Though I don't care that much about the umbrella, it's still really unfair Brooks got less money (with excuses and rationalizations).

Also did you get a pm from someone asking how you were doing? I was the one asking that because you didn't return after your parties in the summer ;) Anyway, glad you're alright! @playsinrain

And the money probably won't be gone because Gaines has a second piggy bank UNLIKE Brooks.
I guess what I don’t understand is why people are making a big deal about what a 5 year old spends the money she saves on... so what if it’s an umbrella? Would we be so upset if she were saving it for a Barbie? Is it just bc she now likes foxes, and that’s a new thing so she doesn’t deserve to spend her money on it? It’s just a strange thing to complain about. Idk, i get that Katie has a shopping issue and that they are in dire straights right now, but now we are dictating what a child can and can’t spend her saved money on? Just seems like one of the things that back in the day people would say we were discussing bc there was nothing better to discuss. Didn’t they say that Gaines found her lost piggy bank and that’s why she has two? Possibly one that she had a long time ago, and she had another one that was more recent since she had lost the first one? I don’t see that as anything sinister. This is just one of those nit picky things that I just don’t understand the uproar over i guess. Let the kid buy what she wants with HER money. Hell, at least Cullen and Katie aren’t emptying their piggy banks for “fun money”.

I did get a pm! And thanks for asking about me :) I tried to send one back to that person but I don’t think it sent. First it told me I had and outgoing message and when I went back in, it was gone. :( I am back! Probably not as active as before but I’m here! <3

ETA: it rains a TON in Alabama. Sometimes we have super dry summers but winter and spring are super soggy! Currently been in flood conditions for weeks. Maybe the umbrella will help with her fears? I don’t think she’s so much scared of rain as she is thunderstorms, which are super common too.
LittleButThere
Talker
Talker
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 653 times
Been thanked: 738 times

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Post by LittleButThere »

I am watching my 5 year old play outside right now while I am typing this, just thinking. Shes 5!! Not 15!!! One she shouldnt even be asked to lay pine straw out in the first place, or in this case basically bribed so that Cullen gets help with it to help sell his house he cant afford. While I am happy for Gaines that she got the money that she had been saving for and worked for. That was a cheap shot. Probably wouldnt have wanted to help if it was for the fact that she got what she needed for something she wanted. Also, is there tax in Alabama? Wont the umbrella be more than just the $25?

Anywho. I agree with kids helping around the house. And my kids do. But they need to keep in mind her age. And that was pissy to give brooks a different amount. They only gave him crap change to make him feel better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Locked

Return to “Cullen and Katie”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests