Bollie Brand

Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Bollie Brand

Post by 131618 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Those wide capri pants or whatever are horrid!! I feel like its another grandma staple. Unflattering on both but also, if you're in an indoor setting, you should *really* not be able to see where the lining ends it'd be one thing if they were a light, summery pant but they look heavy...ugh...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Post by xx+YTfan+xx » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 am

They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

also, are they deleting negative comments just like they do on their personal pages? because it seems like when they first post these videos/pictures people are totally bashing the pieces.. but when you check back after a few hours its all butterflies and rainbows.
angelfire89
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by angelfire89 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:26 am

131618 wrote:Those wide capri pants or whatever are horrid!! I feel like its another grandma staple. Unflattering on both but also, if you're in an indoor setting, you should *really* not be able to see where the lining ends Image it'd be one thing if they were a light, summery pant but they look heavy...ugh...

Those pants/capris with the elastic around the waist totally remind me of Alfred Dunner, the old lady brand at JC Penney.

I’ve also noticed that all the dresses have the same line/shape from the waist down. Just straight with the least amount of effort towards creating a defined shape. The striped dress thing from last spring is the same shape. Then they just add a slit so people can actually move. The pencil skirt from fall is slightly better but not by much.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 am

xx+YTfan+xx wrote:They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

also, are they deleting negative comments just like they do on their personal pages? because it seems like when they first post these videos/pictures people are totally bashing the pieces.. but when you check back after a few hours its all butterflies and rainbows.
Oh, they are definitely deleting comments. They block people too. Really professional. Anyone who doesn't think these are the cutest clothes ever, and say they can't wait to buy them, is dismissed as a "hater", and blocked. Trustpilot is the only place where dissatisfied customers can say what their experience was. Even there, you have minions leaving 5 star reviews just because "Bonnie and Ellie are so wonderful!" I know I say this a lot, so sorry for repeating myself: I will never understand the cult of personality that springs up around these YouTubers. They aren't special. And most of them aren't "amazing moms". Most of them don't even seem to like their children. And they aren't "giving". It's bizarre.

gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 am
xx+YTfan+xx wrote:They finally created at piece that at least has a tiny bit of potential to be cute, if styled correctly... the white ruffle top. BUT IT'S COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH! what. is. happening.

Oh, they are definitely deleting comments. They block people too. Really professional. Anyone who doesn't think these are the cutest clothes ever, and say they can't wait to buy them, is dismissed as a "hater", and blocked. Trustpilot is the only place where dissatisfied customers can say what their experience was. Even there, you have minions leaving 5 star reviews just because "Bonnie and Ellie are so wonderful!" I know I say this a lot, so sorry for repeating myself: I will never understand the cult of personality that springs up around these YouTubers. They aren't special. And most of them aren't "amazing moms". Most of them don't even seem to like their children. And they aren't "giving". It's bizarre.

Yes, I read a comment where someone was asking about why the pockets aren't laying right and others answered that it was because the pants are too tight on Bonnie through the thigh so they are pulling. That comment is gone now. Which it is true but I would never comment on their IG because I don't want to be blocked. LOL.

People definitely are drinking the koolaid. So many people just believe what is told them them and they tell people they are great people and moms so they must be, right?

Wondering if we will see a summer or fall collection from Bollie and what it will look like. Also, if they fired previous designers, I wonder if their designs would have been better than what has been produced.
YTIG60
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:13 am

These Bollie dresses remind me of my first year sewing projects with the colors (yellow), ruffle hemline and elastic waistbands on the dresses that I made decades ago. I don't believe this style has come back either...
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:17 am

I love how their response for every question about it being see through is to wear a nude bra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:30 pm

YTIG60 wrote:These Bollie dresses remind me of my first year sewing projects with the colors (yellow), ruffle hemline and elastic waistbands on the dresses that I made decades ago. I don't believe this style has come back either...
OMG, yes! Simplicity patterns!

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sparkle lemon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:47 pm

It's like they have designed it all for old ladies in a Florida retirement community or something. Just hideous!
While I hate the design of all the pieces, their choices of fabric and color are just so off the mark. That sundress is ugly as hell but if they'd gone with a simple cotton in white or a soft floral or paisley with some embroidery, they might have pulled it off and at least it would be nice to wear in the heat of summer. Yellow is hard to wear for many people, and that particular shade is just awful.
Buyingsubsgate2019
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by Buyingsubsgate2019 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Post by Bethypooh51 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Buyingsubsgate2019 wrote:Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 am

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Buyingsubsgate2019 wrote:Wow... Each day I think “it can’t get worse than this” and then they top it. I thought the house gown was awful, then the pilgrim dress, but I think the blue shorts might be the worst. It looks like a sack on Ellie and gives Bonnie cameltoe from being so tight and pulling. The proportions are all wrong and you can tell on the models. All the fabric choices are see through and cheap looking and the pattern doesn’t align on the blue jumpsuit. It’s clearly made in China and the quality shows!

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue
shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

I actually think they all look terrible on her, they do nothing for her. Then Bonnie is wearing a M when she needs to size up because she is focussed on the size not the fit.

Why are these shorts spitting the model’s ass cheeks apart? I find the group photos are the best.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tiger27 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 am

gopedjane wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

All of their clothes look ok on Ellie because she is so tiny but the clothes fit everyone else so hideously. When you see these blue
shorts on Bonnie all I see if them pulling in her crotch area and accentuating her bottom. They look awful!! Why do these two think that they are designers. They are clearly missing the mark on EVERYTHING!!!

I actually think they all look terrible on her, they do nothing for her. Then Bonnie is wearing a M when she needs to size up because she is focussed on the size not the fit.

Why are these shorts spitting the model’s ass cheeks apart? I find the group photos are the best.

Oh my god, the jump suit looks ridiculous on the tall model, cutting off on her mid calves. That girl would NEVER wear that out. Those blue shorts are horrible. Ellie is drowning in them and Bonnie clearly needs sized up. But they’re so “true to size”. They need to cut the crap, anyone with eyes isn’t going to buy that. Bonnie wouldn’t stand up straight or put her legs together or move her hands from her crotch because she knew they looked awful. We need to keep a running tally of how often we see them wearing this stuff in the future. It’s so bizarre to see two relatively young moms who pride themselves on being young and hip come out with such a matronly, sad line.

Reading the comments each day is my favorite. This collection is going to be a major flop.

YTIG60
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:01 am

In Bonnie's vlog today she said Bollie has outgrown their warehouse area, but it will cost more to rent a larger space too. They must have ordered a significant amount of "pilgrim" outfits for their spring line. Several outfits have received enough negative feedback on IG that could keep an owner up at night worrying.
I not sure why the other company (Minky) wants to be part of their launch party, but I have to say Bonnie pushing this idea is not a bad one since it looks like they will have it at the retail store and share in the cost. But it will cost and can they afford this? Also, it looks like Bonnie is their social media point person with her talking to Minky's social media director and they were doing the planning. So it looks like the social media job goes unfilled. ;) I heard Ellie say "do you love that were doing more work." I know she referred this to their wedding, but my guess is they will be doing the bulk of the work for this party and probably should be grateful they have free space to have it in.
I felt their earlier Bollie lines were not too bad, but as they show on IG each new piece, I believe they have a problem. If you look on Bollie IG, most of their customers are their age. I don't think their spring line will appeal to them and their prices are generally high. I will be interested to see how they price these dresses etc.
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:56 am

I couldn't figure out what the shorts reminded me of on Ellie and I finally pin pointed it. They remind me so much of the work pants that my 75 year old grandpa wore in the 80's. I don't know what they were called or if you could even buy them anymore but I think they are from an older era. They were always brown or gray.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:29 pm

WHY is Ellie wearing white booties with the jumpsuit?
And yes-- it looks awful on the 5'11" model. There's no way in hell any self-respecting tall woman would wear that.
This just keeps getting worse. And I agree 100% that it makes no sense that these women who supposedly pride themselves on their looks and on being stylish, are "designing" these clothes! Bonnie even said when she was posting about Joel saying she looked "hott" that the blouse she was wearing was "mature looking" so that is proof to me that she's not looking for "modest" clothing. And you can see in both their Instagram posts that these are not the style they wear regularly.

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sparkle lemon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:56 pm

That wedgie looks painful - how on earth would you be able to do normal daily tasks and get in and out of cars with your shorts being eaten by your bum crack? The shorts completely swamp Ellie and do nothing for her at all - she looks like a child dressing up in boy scout shorts. Maybe that's her aesthetic! Bonnie has a permanent camel toe and the shorts look too tight on her thighs - she should have sized up. The high-waisted style sits over the belly really weirdly and makes the plus-sized models look like their bellies are much larger than they actually are - not flattering at all.
The blue shorts and the blue dress are in the same fabric and make me think of some awful school uniform.

OMG the jumpsuit! The tall model looks completely stupid with that leg length, and the cut and pattern flatters nobody in that group except (weirdly) Ellie. I'm kind of impressed that they have actually succeeded in designing an item of clothing that looks equally bad on most bodies.
I have to thank Ellie and Bonnie for the Bollie content over the last few weeks though - it's been freaking hilarious!
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tiger27 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202002 ... 963d19.jpg[/IMG]

I’m betting this will be the inspiration for their fall line.

KatAce95
Amateur
Amateur

Post by KatAce95 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Thats a jumpsuit :-o I thought it was pyjamas. I agree with all of the above comments what on earth were they thinking??? The only nice thing was the white shirt but its cheaply made see through! kind of defeats the whole modest sleeve that took ages to perfect
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Tiger27 wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202002 ... 963d19.jpg[/IMG]

Their clothes don’t even make sense. Were they second hand from the 70’s? Weren’t they born in the 90’s?

Ohnonotme
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohnonotme » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:03 am

gopedjane wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202002 ... 963d19.jpg[/IMG]

Their clothes don’t even make sense. Were they second hand from the 70’s? Weren’t they born in the 90’s?

They look like dolls from a horror movie Image.

YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Post by YTIUH » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 am

It’s February 26! The long awaited launch day of Bollie’s new spring collection. Yellow is my favorite color so I went on the website early this morning to ensure stuff won’t be sold out ... as I wanted to buy every yellow item they had. Well, turns out the spring line isn’t available yet :(. I am disappointed because I had to wake up extra early for this and they have been promising today’s date for weeks now. I won’t be coming back :(
xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Post by xx+YTfan+xx » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:09 am

Pricing for the Spring Line:

Bollie Blue Ruffle Dress: $105
Honey Gingham Dress: $85
Velvet Lounge Set: $95
Blush Dream Dress: $85
Striped Jumpsuit: $130
Lace Bodysuit: $80
Yellow Swim Cover Set: $99
White Ruffle Top: $59
Long High Waisted Shorts: $75
Casual Nude Top: $60
Elegant House Gown: $95
Wide Leg Capri: $75
Happy+Charlie
Informer
Informer

Post by Happy+Charlie » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:23 am

They are full of themselves to think any of their Spring line items are worth over $50 (and I am being generous). I can't believe the prices. If they allowed full credit for returns, that's one thing, but......
stina317
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stina317 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:28 am

Why is the jumpsuit so expensive? Some of the photos on the site are very unflattering! Also the description for the elegant house gown said it would be good to take newborn photos in :|

Return to “Ellie and Jared”