TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTV - Part 19

lemontree
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloorTV - Part 19

Unread post by lemontree »

tomorrow in the morning, well more like 12pm, we can expect a tweet vom Anna saying someone is copying her blog. Just wait!
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

lemontree wrote:tomorrow in the morning, well more like 12pm, we can expect a tweet vom Anna saying someone is copying her blog. Just wait!
she already retweeted someone and said it was creepy
lemontree
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by lemontree »

geeklove wrote:
lemontree wrote:tomorrow in the morning, well more like 12pm, we can expect a tweet vom Anna saying someone is copying her blog. Just wait!
she already retweeted someone and said it was creepy
oh, didn't see that!
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Irishish wrote:Very sad, A said lets do something fun and is ignored then reverts to going to get something which will be allowed as a form of entertainment or getting out.

He has his projects, his internet thing, he gets out for meetings, he is fulfilling what he wants and aspires to but I don't feel like Anna is given the space to do the same and has been subtly held back so she believes that she doesn't wants those things and this produces that ambivalence. With household and baby things that J does I believe there is a trade off, is Anna doesn't get the things she needs and wants (such as being allowed to have friends, spend money without permission or tabs, being equal etc.) she compensates in some ways as in getting him to do as many chores as possible, holding/walking E, providing for her, being her bitch, getting to lie about all day, comfort, security, familiarity.. Sometimes I really think that she stayed with him so she wouldn't have to make that scary transition from being a teenager to looking after yourself as an adult and learning how to be alone.
That's how I feel about her having him do all those chores--her way of getting back all that he took from her. Or, I guess she allowed to be taken from her, here's more than simple laziness at play here. Could also be why he does them, out of some inkling of subconscious guilt, not just to be able to keep her. She allowed the Troll to take her father's position in her life, so she doesn't have to grow up and make that career decision. It's possible that the fashion field proved too demanding for her and she couldn't make do or the Troll pulled her down. Made her think she couldn't/wouldn't/needn't do it. Probably why she said something so unambitious like she'd work the makeup counter if she didn't do YT, instead being a fashion buyer or whatever it was to which she aspired.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
StarryNights
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by StarryNights »

She really did give up on anything fashion related eh?

Also. Surely writing a book and having it published for sale is something to be more proud of then working at a make up counter. I was shocked she chose the make-up counter as when she felt most "successful". Come to think of it, a lot of new viewers probably haven't a clue she ever actually wrote a book. She seems to of swept that under the rug as though it never happened after it didn't do as good with sales as she expected. It's like she wanted to pretend none of it ever happened because she was embarrassed it didn't do well. At the end of the day she put a lot of effort into that book and I know there were people who bought it. She should be proud of her accomplishments and not abandon them if they don't work out just like she thought. That's how we learn and grow- not from giving up.

I had such an "ah ha" moment reading the last few posts. I think subconsciously she does feel like he owes her and he does feel guilty.
Tormentedteapot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tormentedteapot »

According to YT on the LePoop channel the "Married my best friend "vlog has over 83 000 views, is this correct? If it is, it's double the views J could ever get with his attention seeking titles. Funny how that works out...
Suntropics
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Suntropics »

Tormentedteapot wrote:According to YT on the LePoop channel the "Married my best friend "vlog has over 83 000 views, is this correct? If it is, it's double the views J could ever get with his attention seeking titles. Funny how that works out...
It says 90,000 something now... I find that odd because that is double he gets on most videos. Why would everyone be watching that? counter must be off! lol
luna nova
Informer
Informer

Unread post by luna nova »

Suntropics wrote:
Tormentedteapot wrote:According to YT on the LePoop channel the "Married my best friend "vlog has over 83 000 views, is this correct? If it is, it's double the views J could ever get with his attention seeking titles. Funny how that works out...
It says 90,000 something now... I find that odd because that is double he gets on most videos. Why would everyone be watching that? counter must be off! lol
Maybe that's why Goffos&Greyzy are SOOOOOO BUSYYY. They are spending their time with clicking on their own vlogs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Seriously i wouldn't even be surprised.
I'm not anti-social, I just don't pretend to like your bullshit
luna nova
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
luna nova wrote:
If you really want a true shade match, the neck is the best place to try the foundation. :love2:
every makeup person tried out the foundation on my jaw or cheek. and there were two very true matches among the foundations I bought because of that.

the chanel person put it on my neck, the lighting in there was good. I went home and after a few days of using it, I realized it looked completely to pink. I'm still furious. that was so freaking expensive.
Oh honey. Sorry to hear that :love2: .
Testing on my neck saved me actually lots of money by buying the right shade for my face. I was always ending buying too dark(er) shades (that were matched to my jaw) and then I would be stucked with them. Or I would have to take the foundation down the neck, thus ruining my blouses.
Now, I always use my 3-ways foundation mix (light foundation/darker and moisturizer), so I can get used of my darker foundations. Besides, I would rather have a lighter foundation that I can always darken with a bronzer.

I am sure if you take the foundation back, they will replace it. :love2:
Irishish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Irishish »

Gin0915 wrote:
Irishish wrote:Very sad, A said lets do something fun and is ignored then reverts to going to get something which will be allowed as a form of entertainment or getting out.

He has his projects, his internet thing, he gets out for meetings, he is fulfilling what he wants and aspires to but I don't feel like Anna is given the space to do the same and has been subtly held back so she believes that she doesn't wants those things and this produces that ambivalence. With household and baby things that J does I believe there is a trade off, is Anna doesn't get the things she needs and wants (such as being allowed to have friends, spend money without permission or tabs, being equal etc.) she compensates in some ways as in getting him to do as many chores as possible, holding/walking E, providing for her, being her bitch, getting to lie about all day, comfort, security, familiarity.. Sometimes I really think that she stayed with him so she wouldn't have to make that scary transition from being a teenager to looking after yourself as an adult and learning how to be alone.
That's how I feel about her having him do all those chores--her way of getting back all that he took from her. Or, I guess she allowed to be taken from her, here's more than simple laziness at play here. Could also be why he does them, out of some inkling of subconscious guilt, not just to be able to keep her. She allowed the Troll to take her father's position in her life, so she doesn't have to grow up and make that career decision. It's possible that the fashion field proved too demanding for her and she couldn't make do or the Troll pulled her down. Made her think she couldn't/wouldn't/needn't do it. Probably why she said something so unambitious like she'd work the makeup counter if she didn't do YT, instead being a fashion buyer or whatever it was to which she aspired.
Oh for sure, I can't even articulate whats going on here fully because I was in Anna's situation!

I was in my late teens, just moved to college and met this guy in his mid ish twenties. He went back to college so I felt we were at the same level but we totally weren't, what the hell was he doing going for a teen! At first I was in love, in awe, he was so much older and instead of developing who I was I kinda attached myself to him as a way to figure out how to position myself in life. I lived with him on and off, when we lived together we only went to the shops, stayed in and watched tv.. I slowly drifted from my friends and he was all I had, he didn't approve of my friends or family. It was when I moved into my own place as I moved into my twenties I noticed how he had a plan for me or was making decisions for me. I saw the signs and got out of there, it got to the point where we were at a gig and I wanted to go get another pint and he said no, he was telling me how to spend my own money and time but also making me feel like I was so precious and he was allowing me x,y and z just like A and J. It got more difficult as I became my own person in my twenties and he was approaching his thirties, he wanted a house and a family and I am so glad everyday that I got out of that situation and I am not stuck in some 3 bed semi with a baby not being allowed out!
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

I think the extra views are a glitch with youtube because it's happening with other youtubers too.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

luna nova wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
luna nova wrote:
If you really want a true shade match, the neck is the best place to try the foundation. :love2:
every makeup person tried out the foundation on my jaw or cheek. and there were two very true matches among the foundations I bought because of that.

the chanel person put it on my neck, the lighting in there was good. I went home and after a few days of using it, I realized it looked completely to pink. I'm still furious. that was so freaking expensive.
Testing on my neck saved me actually lots of money by buying the right shade for my face. I was always ending buying too dark(er) shades (that were matched to my jaw) and then I would be stucked with them. Or I would have to take the foundation down the neck, thus ruining my blouses.
Now, I always use my 3-ways foundation mix (light foundation/darker and moisturizer), so I can get used of my darker foundations. Besides, I would rather have a lighter foundation that I can always darken with a bronzer.

:( I'm too pale to buy cheap foundation. I always ended up looking like princess beige but worse. totally not the look I strive for.

I wanted to give chanel another chance by mixing it with my equally expensive bobbi brown foundation. still looked like an orange with it. frustrating! I didn't return it because that was the lightest shade they had.

now I've found the perfect match thanks to burberry (never thought I'd buy something burberry). expensive shit but at least it looks flawless now.

:love2:
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

StarryNights wrote:She really did give up on anything fashion related eh?

Also. Surely writing a book and having it published for sale is something to be more proud of then working at a make up counter. I was shocked she chose the make-up counter as when she felt most "successful". Come to think of it, a lot of new viewers probably haven't a clue she ever actually wrote a book. She seems to of swept that under the rug as though it never happened after it didn't do as good with sales as she expected. It's like she wanted to pretend none of it ever happened because she was embarrassed it didn't do well. At the end of the day she put a lot of effort into that book and I know there were people who bought it. She should be proud of her accomplishments and not abandon them if they don't work out just like she thought. That's how we learn and grow- not from giving up.

I had such an "ah ha" moment reading the last few posts. I think subconsciously she does feel like he owes her and he does feel guilty.
it's such a joke that a person like her writes a book about style. and self respect and blahblah. lol
zombfied
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zombfied »

I have no idea what is going on with these view counts, but one thing I do know is that Jofats head is going to be so bit it wont fit through the door soon. Please youtube, dont feed the trolls ego.
luna nova
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
luna nova wrote:

:( I'm too pale to buy cheap foundation. I always ended up looking like princess beige but worse. totally not the look I strive for.

I wanted to give chanel another chance by mixing it with my equally expensive bobbi brown foundation. still looked like an orange with it. frustrating! I didn't return it because that was the lightest shade they had.

now I've found the perfect match thanks to burberry (never thought I'd buy something burberry). expensive shit but at least it looks flawless now.

Oh, I remember now that a while ago, somebody (you :) asked for a foundation for very fair skin. Have you tried those?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQHn-uOWfw
Personally, I used the Le Blanc de Chanel sometimes to lighten my (darker) foundations.
luna nova
Informer
Informer

I am a NC15 (winter) NC20(summer)
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luna nova wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
luna nova wrote:

Oh, I remember now that a while ago, somebody (you :) asked for a foundation for very fair skin. Have you tried those?
Personally, I used the Le Blanc de Chanel sometimes to lighten my (darker) foundations.
must have been me, yep :) I couldn't get a hold of the dainty doll stuff for example. and dermablend is also something based in the US (those were two of the recommendations). we do have vichy dermablend but this stuff is orange as well.

thanks for the video, love. I'm a huge fan of lisa but somehow must have missed this video. I'll watch it when I get back from work :love2:

I'm the same. nc 15. mac - assholes! - made me buy nc25 though. and their foundation breaks me out like nothing else.
luna nova
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
luna nova wrote:
must have been me, yep :) I couldn't get a hold of the dainty doll stuff for example. and dermablend is also something based in the US (those were two of the recommendations). we do have vichy dermablend but this stuff is orange as well.

thanks for the video, love. I'm a huge fan of lisa but somehow must have missed this video. I'll watch it when I get back from work :love2:

I'm the same. nc 15. mac - assholes! - made me buy nc25 though. and their foundation breaks me out like nothing else.
Oh my god. What the hell is wrong with those at Mac? I, too, got advised for NC25 and, of course, bought it. And now I use little by little with lighter ones, in the summer to get rid of it. TTYL love :love2:
dolliedays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dolliedays »

I see she even chose a cupcake as the cover art for her book. How imaginative. ;) That doesn't really convery that the book is about Style or body image. I bet she could have done better with it if she had a little know-how about marketing. Still, interesting that she doesn't even mention it and when she thinks success.. she thinks 'working at the makeup counter!" Even though she's not good at makeup, maybe the job was most fulfilling for her because she got to be out of the house and be around people, she probably also made a few friends or aquantances. That's probably when she was the happiest.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bluewolf »

I started to watch the latest Style Diet video.

I stopped at "your guyses questions", really? REALLY?! That inarticulate?!

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”