Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorpp&South | Part 3

tomcruisin4abruisin
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorp&South | Part 3

Unread post by tomcruisin4abruisin »

“The fount of all knowledge” had me cracking up.

That snake was absolutely disgusting. There are venomous snakes in every single of the continental United States, most of them are rattlesnakes, and the remainder can be difficult to identify.

I’m part of the “latchkey” generation. My parents owned one of maybe 6 restaurants in our small town and my siblings and I spent A LOT of unsupervised time doing all sorts of reckless things and as they say “we turned out just fine”. We put ladders up the side of our multistory barn and scaled the roof, climbed as high as we could in pine trees, spent countless hours in the woods and on four wheelers, walked through cornfields that grew over the top of our heads 😅, swimming in “watering holes”, etc. I guess the difference is my parents also put us in swimming lessons every summer, we were all boy/girl scouts, and my dad was constantly reminding us of all the ways we could potentially die (lol). I can’t tell you how many times he scared us shitless with little anecdotes that were meant to keep us safe. We knew to watch for old barbwire fence rows because such and such snowmobiled into one an nearly decapitated himself, not to go into a grain bin because such and such suffocated themselves after falling in, and that it was even possible to be electrocuted after a bad storm if there was a downed wire in standing water because his cousin died when he was 5 years old while puddle jumping. 😳 We were little survivalists. Thinking back on my childhood, as a parent and as someone who watches parts of the Knorpp’s life unfold, is conflicting.

I think sometimes we get so caught up in our worry about our children, compounded by the influx of terrible news and horror stories from around the world, that we shield them from the very experiences they crave and require to become a well rounded individual. Our lizard brains literally cannot comprehend that a news story we are reading out of the middle of BF nowhere isn’t happening right next door. Enter: helicopter parenting. I think we have to be conscious of the risks, determine what our children are capable of doing on their own, and making sure we provide the training needed to equip them for real world situations that are pertinent to them. The balance between complete neglect and smothering them is different for every family and probably every region of the world, as each child is different and each environment has different dangers. For example, I don’t need to warn my children about, say, drive-by shootings because we don’t live in an area where that ever happens, but they do need to be able to identify black widow and brown recluse spiders, 6 venomous snakes, and not to wander off with anyone for any reason including puppies.

NOW, because there’s a pandemic there is another layer of irresponsibility on top of them not already knowing what kind of snakes are in their area. I mean, the kids have been exploring the woods down there for as long as they’ve lived there... but anyway! We are supposed to be STAYING INSIDE. There’s a difference between going for a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood for exercise and gallivanting through the woods wielding broken tools and clearing woodland. The snake aside, we are supposed to be decreasing the chance we end up in the Emergency Room. Not. To. Mention! They’ve had a potential exposure to the virus. Those woods are a SHARED space. They’re not the only ones out there walking the paths. She even mentioned she could see neighbors working on their little connecting path to the trails. Their kids are out there with their grimy little hands, coughing and sneezing, etc. and this virus survives in aerosols for up to 3 hours. So! They especially should not be outside putting themselves and others at even more risk.

They’re unbelievable. The United States response to this whole thing and so many people’s disregard for the vulnerable among us is unbelievable. The Knorpps should be ashamed of themselves for perpetuating the idea that any of us is invulnerable on their platform. Who even knows what kind of ripple effect they’re creating with their platform.
Last edited by tomcruisin4abruisin on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomcruisin4abruisin
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Manic Megan & Milktoast Mike: Peddling Peppermint as Prophylactic Pharmacon | Knorp&South | Part 3

Yes! I agree. There are dangers everywhere. It’s important to know which ones your kids need to know about. It doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t be in the woods or swimming, but nothing should be a surprise.

You KNOW if any of those kids had proper swim lessons since they started YouTube, it would be 👌🏻 content. There’s no way they wouldn’t show that!
SnarkySam
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SnarkySam »

tomcruisin4abruisin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 am Yes! I agree. There are dangers everywhere. It’s important to know which ones your kids need to know about. It doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t be in the woods or swimming, but nothing should be a surprise.

You KNOW if any of those kids had proper swim lessons since they started YouTube, it would be 👌🏻 content. There’s no way they wouldn’t show that!
I didn't mean that they shouldn't swim or play in the woods but they should show some more caution and have more supervision (not helicoptering but not doing projects in the garage and completely ignoring your kids and what they are up to. .
tomcruisin4abruisin
Amateur
Amateur

They need to find a better balance for sure. The fact they haven’t been down there to check things out before now is insane.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's not just the snake that is worrisome in the water. There are amoebas in standing fresh water that can infect your brain. I swam in my uncle's pond a lot growing up. There were snapper turtles and water moccasins. But I knew what they looked like and couldn't get freaked out buy a water snake. I was a free range kid-- my mom kicked me out the door on summer mornings and didn't want me coming back to complain about being bored!
They're not just unschooling those kids. They're un-raising them too.
Eve's 11? They are not helping her reach her potential. She's going to go through puberty soon. Bets on Megan leaving that for Esther and Pearl to deal with?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NYCtoNKY
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NYCtoNKY »

I didn’t realize Eve was 11. Wow.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MervelllaB »

tomcruisin4abruisin wrote:Yes! I agree. There are dangers everywhere. It’s important to know which ones your kids need to know about. It doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t be in the woods or swimming, but nothing should be a surprise.

You KNOW if any of those kids had proper swim lessons since they started YouTube, it would be Image content. There’s no way they wouldn’t show that!
Of course as parents we have to allow children some freedom but we are also responsible for their safety.
They have a 7 yr old and a 11 yr old with special learning needs - we don’t how severe they are because presumably that’s never been properly assessed. I’m afraid there would be a rule that no one ever swims without an adult down there. Of course, I dint know that’s not the rule, but Megan did imply in a previous video that the kids had been swimming there before, on their own.
Their lack of care for those children astonishes me.
Here in U.K./Northern Ireland swimming in open water would not be allowed. As soon as we have any warm weather, warnings are given not to swim in locations like that - never alone and never anywhere where life-saving aids are not available. There have been too many accidents - and very often in age groups that you think are unlikely to have accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neocin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by neocin »

The staying connected update was riveting, honestly. More of the same mind-numbing isolation stuff, I remember having a passing thought about Andrew's sheep-hair needing a sheering. Honestly I zoned out until Mike said he was excited because they got a pole... and then he lost my attention once he explained it's to change a light-bulb :'D At least we know it takes two Knorrps to change a light-bulb. One to actually do it, and one to film it.
stumpydog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by stumpydog »

just a quick couple of thoughts: rattlesnakes. water moccasins. copperheads. all 3 found in NC. all 3 found near water and in the woods. but hey it's ok to let your kids play in the woods and the water without a care in the world, because those "oils" will obviously protect them. same thing if they are swimming without adult supervision. kids who are not strong swimmers can not be expected to play life guards. except in the knorrp world.

wonder how long it is before someone starts a wildfire? or gets burned? or bit by a raccoon? or sprayed by a skunk? etc.

all the wailing about the pain of isolation is making me edgy. don't they normally isolate? it's not like the kids play with other kids or go to school. it's not like they as a family branch out into society. damn, no thrift shop runs...is that the pain? the wailing is like a smack in the face to everyone who is really isolating.

and hey i'm new. remember that person "lois" who you talked about a month ago who posted tough questions on a blog post...I powted some more the other day..and now I am here!
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

Welcome stumpydog!
TrashTalk00
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TrashTalk00 »

In reference to her most recent ig easter post of the family.... why do none of them damn kids look groomed or HAPPY TO BE THERE?! The only decent looking ones are Pearl, Esther and Elijah.. and im not even talking facial expressions.. those kids do not look groomed.. all her bio kids look like they don't brush their hair or ever get hair cuts.. I mean come tf on. I hate Elijahs hair cut but atleast he styles it appropriately. Mr Know It All Genius (Andrew) of the family looks ridiculous.. Daniel just looks gloomy sort of but he looks well groomed.. Pearl and Esther are fine. But Eve, Jude, and the snot nose twins look a fucking mess.. facial wise and appearance wise. Why does Eve look like she was forced down and given a bowl cut. Poor Jude just looks upset and faking it till he makes it. & the twins look like they've been struck by lightning as always. I mean it's obvious this picture could be edited to only include the fab 4.. Andrew, Mom, Dad, Elijah.. everyone below the belt is a have not.. UGH they already piss me off with the shitty education they give their children but they dont teach proper hygiene and grooming either???? FFS

Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

Have you all noticed that Megan is trying on a new personality lately? She is being all shy, coy, and demure around Mike. Especially when talking about the wood molesting business ..she’s also talking all shyly to Mike, flirty...watch her eyes she’s even made them less histrionic.
NYCtoNKY
Amateur
Amateur

This family hasn’t been the same since Peru and I doubt that that it has anything to do with the COVID-19 pandemic. Peru didn’t meet their expectations. Plans were changed. It wasn’t as exciting as they thought nor did it lead to the amount of YT views they estimated. The kids were so disinterested and sat around the hotel/rentals playing D&D. Also, I think that on this trip they recognized how difficult it will be to travel with Eve (and perhaps others) with her special needs and limits. I’ve been on trips like these and they take a physical toll. All the girls in this family have physical disabilities (that appear to go untreated!) and they had to be in pain at the end of the long days. Essential oils are palliative not curative. The trip was an epic, expensive failure.

They made a mistake by incorporating their YT money into their lifestyle. Now they are slaves to making videos. Mike looks so bored and disconnected in the videos. He “needs” to make them regardless of whether he “wants“ to make them. Meghan is depressed and lost too, not helping her partner manage the mess she co-created with him. She’s burrowing away in her garage without a care in the world.

They annoy me but I feel a lot of empathy for them right now.
NYCtoNKY
Amateur
Amateur

This family hasn’t been the same since Peru and I doubt that that it has anything to do with the COVID-19 pandemic. Peru didn’t meet their expectations. Plans were changed. It wasn’t as exciting as they thought nor did it lead to the amount of YT views they estimated. The kids were so disinterested and sat around the hotel/rentals playing D&D. Also, I think that on this trip they recognized how difficult it will be to travel with Eve (and perhaps others) with her special needs and limits. I’ve been on trips like these and they take a physical toll. All the girls in this family have physical disabilities (that appear to go untreated!) and they had to be in pain at the end of the long days. Essential oils are palliative not curative. The trip was an epic, expensive failure.

They made a mistake by incorporating their YT money into their lifestyle. Now they are slaves to making videos. Mike looks so bored and disconnected in the videos. He “needs” to make them regardless of whether he “wants“ to make them. Meghan is depressed and lost too, not helping her partner manage the mess she co-created with him. She’s burrowing away in her garage without a care in the world.

Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

NYCtoNKY wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 am This family hasn’t been the same since Peru and I doubt that that it has anything to do with the COVID-19 pandemic. Peru didn’t meet their expectations. Plans were changed. It wasn’t as exciting as they thought nor did it lead to the amount of YT views they estimated. The kids were so disinterested and sat around the hotel/rentals playing D&D. Also, I think that on this trip they recognized how difficult it will be to travel with Eve (and perhaps others) with her special needs and limits. I’ve been on trips like these and they take a physical toll. All the girls in this family have physical disabilities (that appear to go untreated!) and they had to be in pain at the end of the long days. Essential oils are palliative not curative. The trip was an epic, expensive failure.

That’s true. I noticed while the family is inside hanging in common areas that Megan is in the garage chilling in a lawn chair. It’s so weird to me.
stumpydog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by stumpydog »

some of the family is hanging out but if you look closely many are not. #1 so isn't always around and the love has seem to transferred to #2 son (get that kid a haircut!=_) pearl frequently is a now show, isn't younger daughter #2 interested in haircutting? well not is the time to practice!

I feel nothing for them right now, all the crying and moaning over being self isolating...they don't do that nornally. except for trip to the craft store, thrift store ext. kids don't have friends home to go to so it's not like they are missing that. she is is wailing and carrying on about ther suffering. is it effecting their "schooling?" I don't see why?
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MervelllaB »

NYCtoNKY wrote:This family hasn’t been the same since Peru and I doubt that that it has anything to do with the COVID-19 pandemic. Peru didn’t meet their expectations. Plans were changed. It wasn’t as exciting as they thought nor did it lead to the amount of YT views they estimated. The kids were so disinterested and sat around the hotel/rentals playing D&D. Also, I think that on this trip they recognized how difficult it will be to travel with Eve (and perhaps others) with her special needs and limits. I’ve been on trips like these and they take a physical toll. All the girls in this family have physical disabilities (that appear to go untreated!) and they had to be in pain at the end of the long days. Essential oils are palliative not curative. The trip was an epic, expensive failure.

I’m sorry and I know it’s going to sound harsh but I dint have any empathy or sympathy for them.
Megan and Mike are systematically destroying everything they should hold dear and neither is prepared to do anything about it.
Mike has a responsibility, not only to Megan, but their children. The time really has long since past where he needs to say to her that she has to put her kids first or go and follow her dreams elsewhere.
This family desperately need some kind of intervention. The system there let’s these kids fly constantly under the radar. It just wouldn’t happen in the UK. If one of them just disappeared in the morning, I’m not sure anyone would even notice it.
They don’t go to school, they don’t even seem to attend annual health checks. As long as they are paying into their church, they won’t ask any questions about what’s going on. Yet here they are, posting videos recording the neglect, on a daily basis and no one does anything about it.
I know we don’t always have the best record for social care in the U.K., but here the adopted kids at least, would still be involved with social services. Eve, Pearl and Esther would all be entitled to free health care so there would be no reason not to attend appointments. They would certainly be having regular monitoring and follow up and free physio and speech therapy. As long as they were minors (under 16), they would be obliged to comply with treatment.
They wouldn’t be permitted here to ignore their adopted kids cultural and religious background. They would be required by law to educate them about it. Jude and Eve would not be allowed to share a room here. They would have to show that they had separate rooms. I’m not even sure that they would be allowed to have that room with 3 boys in it. Adopted children have to have a certain amount of space.
Why is there no one advocating for these children? I just don’t understand. It’s inexcusable!
So, no, I don’t have any sympathy or empathy for them at all!

NYCtoNKY
Amateur
Amateur

Why do Eve and Jude share a room? Can’t he move in with a brother? Or move Eve in with her sisters (surrogate mothers). I doubt she stay in bed all night anyways.
NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:17 am
NYCtoNKY wrote:This family hasn’t been the same since Peru and I doubt that that it has anything to do with the COVID-19 pandemic. Peru didn’t meet their expectations. Plans were changed. It wasn’t as exciting as they thought nor did it lead to the amount of YT views they estimated. The kids were so disinterested and sat around the hotel/rentals playing D&D. Also, I think that on this trip they recognized how difficult it will be to travel with Eve (and perhaps others) with her special needs and limits. I’ve been on trips like these and they take a physical toll. All the girls in this family have physical disabilities (that appear to go untreated!) and they had to be in pain at the end of the long days. Essential oils are palliative not curative. The trip was an epic, expensive failure.

I’m sorry and I know it’s going to sound harsh but I dint have any empathy or sympathy for them.
Megan and Mike are systematically destroying everything they should hold dear and neither is prepared to do anything about it.
Mike has a responsibility, not only to Megan, but their children. The time really has long since past where he needs to say to her that she has to put her kids first or go and follow her dreams elsewhere.
This family desperately need some kind of intervention. The system there let’s these kids fly constantly under the radar. It just wouldn’t happen in the UK. If one of them just disappeared in the morning, I’m not sure anyone would even notice it.
They don’t go to school, they don’t even seem to attend annual health checks. As long as they are paying into their church, they won’t ask any questions about what’s going on. Yet here they are, posting videos recording the neglect, on a daily basis and no one does anything about it.
I know we don’t always have the best record for social care in the U.K., but here the adopted kids at least, would still be involved with social services. Eve, Pearl and Esther would all be entitled to free health care so there would be no reason not to attend appointments. They would certainly be having regular monitoring and follow up and free physio and speech therapy. As long as they were minors (under 16), they would be obliged to comply with treatment.
They wouldn’t be permitted here to ignore their adopted kids cultural and religious background. They would be required by law to educate them about it. Jude and Eve would not be allowed to share a room here. They would have to show that they had separate rooms. I’m not even sure that they would be allowed to have that room with 3 boys in it. Adopted children have to have a certain amount of space.
Why is there no one advocating for these children? I just don’t understand. It’s inexcusable!
So, no, I don’t have any sympathy or empathy for them at all!

Given how much they have moved around, including all the time spent on the road, I would not be surprised if any sort of agencies involved with monitoring them have lost track of them.
SweetiePie60
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SweetiePie60 »

All I can say about today’s vlog.....The original Knorpp family are a bunch of dipshits! Too many things that irritated the shit out of me !!!

Return to “I-P”