Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Spreading a Disease while Doing As I Please | Part #16

Unread post by Alycat_2001_uk »

Good new title.
Anyone else getting the sense that Ruby is planning on forcing the kids to homeschool after the virus is over?
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Alycat_2001_uk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 am Good new title.
Anyone else getting the sense that Ruby is planning on forcing the kids to homeschool after the virus is over?
She'll get over it fast. I think what we've seen is only Ruby's 2nd or 3rd day home with the kids doing school like this. She'll want rid of them within the week. And the kids would utterly revolt if she tried to pull that, Shari was very quick to shut down Ruby's musings that this is a better system lol.
Trip804
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Trip804 »

I am absolutely shocked she let Shari paint a wall in her room like that. It’s cute though and very teenager and fun. I’m glad Ruby let her do it.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Trip804 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 am I am absolutely shocked she let Shari paint a wall in her room like that. It’s cute though and very teenager and fun. I’m glad Ruby let her do it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Ruby's idea to paint the wall for Shari's channel. Shari got all YouTube stuff for her birthday, including a couple chairs to use for sit down videos, so this wall will probably be the backdrop.

I could never see Ruby allowing this unless it somehow makes her money. Especially since they keep talking about how Shari isn't going to live in that house very long since she's moving out at 18.
Trip804
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Trip804 »

ICantEven wrote:
Trip804 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 am I am absolutely shocked she let Shari paint a wall in her room like that. It’s cute though and very teenager and fun. I’m glad Ruby let her do it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Ruby's idea to paint the wall for Shari's channel. Shari got all YouTube stuff for her birthday, including a couple chairs to use for sit down videos, so this wall will probably be the backdrop.

I could never see Ruby allowing this unless it somehow makes her money. Especially since they keep talking about how Shari isn't going to live in that house very long since she's moving out at 18.
There’s probably more to the story for sure. It still seems like a lot of letting go of the whole gray and white only minimalistic vibe she seemed set on. It’s nice to see something age appropriate in one of the kids rooms as well.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

I like it a lot.. I hope she will allow all the kids to do something like that in their room, not the same style but, something of their own style.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Like she homeschooled Chad, Russel and Evie😬.
I hope not and Kevin needs to intervene if she even considers. I know Kevin is arrogant but he does check her sometimes. I can't imagine him allowing her because that would be the end for those kids.
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

Yeah, the room might actually look like a kid's room rather than a guest room!
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

Namm wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm
I hope not and Kevin needs to intervene if she even considers. I know Kevin is arrogant but he does check her sometimes. I can't imagine him allowing her because that would be the end for those kids.
It'd give them more opportunities for content though
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Alycat_2001_uk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 pm
Namm wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm
It'd give them more opportunities for content though
please don't give her any ideas lol. Those kids are doomed if she decides to homeschool them
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

The kids wouldnt let her do that (besides the younger ones maybe). I remember her asking who she should homeschool next one time and the respones she got were pretty clear. After all of this shes probably gonna realize having all of them home would be too much work for her and that shes loves their private school and teachers that take care of her kids for her
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

She won't homeschool them. That would take effort on her part. She loves this zoom teaching because she can take naps and someone else is doing the work.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Shari said Chad eats the chicken but doesn’t really work out but now he does.

What does working out have anything to do with eating the chicken??? I LOVE eating chicken and I don’t workout
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Watching this family handle food is sickening. Chad putting raw chicken on Shari’s face, Shari being completely incompetent when it comes to cooking at all (she was very doubtful when Kevin said to put the rack on the top of the oven to broil chicken), Chad playing with a piece of chicken pretending it’s singing???
Also it’s hilarious to me how much Shari thinks she’ll be cooking in college. She doesn’t know how to cook anything, will probably have a kitchen shared with her whole floor, nowhere to keep all her mother’s precious hand me down pots, and will be eating at the dining hall like everyone else.
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

imoverit wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:38 am Watching this family handle food is sickening. Chad putting raw chicken on Shari’s face, Shari being completely incompetent when it comes to cooking at all (she was very doubtful when Kevin said to put the rack on the top of the oven to broil chicken), Chad playing with a piece of chicken pretending it’s singing???
Also it’s hilarious to me how much Shari thinks she’ll be cooking in college. She doesn’t know how to cook anything, will probably have a kitchen shared with her whole floor, nowhere to keep all her mother’s precious hand me down pots, and will be eating at the dining hall like everyone else.
As much as I agree with your comments regarding Chad, I have to disagree with you about Shari. She's only just turned 17, and so you can't expect her to know how to cook all different foods in all different ways, and I feel your comments about her are honestly a bit harsh. I imagine a lot of people have never even heard of broiling; I for one haven't, and was equally as surprised when he said to put it on the top shelf. I'm sure she will be cooking when she goes to uni, maybe not 4 course meals, but I'm sure she's perfectly capable of cooking simple and basic meals. I think we need to remember that she's still young, she's still in high school and she's still learning. I, for one, am 22 and am still learning new recipes and new techniques of cooking, so I feel we shouldn't be too harsh.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

So, Shari touches the raw chicken with the spoon then puts it back into the jar of curry spread. It may have been getting tossed as it was a little low, but, folks, don't do this at home. Chad with the raw chicken was gross, especially touching it to Shari's face.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

golden12345f wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:22 am
imoverit wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:38 am Watching this family handle food is sickening. Chad putting raw chicken on Shari’s face, Shari being completely incompetent when it comes to cooking at all (she was very doubtful when Kevin said to put the rack on the top of the oven to broil chicken), Chad playing with a piece of chicken pretending it’s singing???
As much as I agree with your comments regarding Chad, I have to disagree with you about Shari. She's only just turned 17, and so you can't expect her to know how to cook all different foods in all different ways, and I feel your comments about her are honestly a bit harsh. I imagine a lot of people have never even heard of broiling; I for one haven't, and was equally as surprised when he said to put it on the top shelf. I'm sure she will be cooking when she goes to uni, maybe not 4 course meals, but I'm sure she's perfectly capable of cooking simple and basic meals. I think we need to remember that she's still young, she's still in high school and she's still learning. I, for one, am 22 and am still learning new recipes and new techniques of cooking, so I feel we shouldn't be too harsh.
A 17 year old should know how to cook. Thats old enough if you ask me. I'm not talking about cooking restaurant food. She can't even cook basics but she's full of her self and thinks she knows it all. If she had an interest in cooking she could learn by herself, watching YouTube videos. There are kids younger than that cooking on YouTube. Her mother can't cook so she won't and can't teach her. Kevin knows how to cook real food but won't bother.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

We can't slam Ruby for parentifying Shari and then put Shari down for not being a good cook at 17. I only had a few things I knew how to make at that age, and my mom made an effort to teach me. I do agree that she probably won't be cooking as much at college as she thinks. She may be surprised how much work she has to do when she isn't (in her mind) the smartest kid in the room anymore. She is used to being the big fish in a small pond (parents are big donors at private school, bosses siblings around). Once she gets to BYU and nobody knows what a big deal she is, it'll be interesting. I don't dislike Shari. I think she is doing the best she can with the situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Namm wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:47 am
golden12345f wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:22 am
A 17 year old should know how to cook. Thats old enough if you ask me. I'm not talking about cooking restaurant food. She can't even cook basics but she's full of her self and thinks she knows it all. If she had an interest in cooking she could learn by herself, watching YouTube videos. There are kids younger than that cooking on YouTube. Her mother can't cook so she won't and can't teach her. Kevin knows how to cook real food but won't bother.
Yes, I am happy to agree to place the blame on Ruby and Kevin because Kevin is too lazy to teach his kids any life skill and Ruby is clearly a poor cook, but for a 17 year old I stand by the opinion that she should know how to cook better. But no it's probably not Shari's fault, and she seems to show an interest in preparing food, so hopefully she will be able to slowly teach herself (which is also what I had to do). I guess I should clarify that my criticisms of her are more of a reflection of her parents and what basic skills they neglect to exemplify and teach their kids.
It's crazy this family has a cookbook.

Return to “8 Passengers”