Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Here is what bothers me about Philip's fit, they are about to bring a medically fragile child into the world. Many of the people in that office are going to be apart of that and are going to come in contact with their medically fragile child. I would think that while it's disappointing for him to miss out on this echo, that he'd be happy they are taking precautions to do their best to keep themselves and others from being exposed. What they are doing is in part to protect their medically fragile child who has enough to deal with without getting Covid-19. It's not like it was a big ultrasound that he missed. It was just routine echo. He clearly doesn't understand how serious it is that they are bringing this baby with so many issues into the world during this pandemic. He is so selfish!
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

GGF1987 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm Here is what bothers me about Philip's fit, they are about to bring a medically fragile child into the world. Many of the people in that office are going to be apart of that and are going to come in contact with their medically fragile child. I would think that while it's disappointing for him to miss out on this echo, that he'd be happy they are taking precautions to do their best to keep themselves and others from being exposed. What they are doing is in part to protect their medically fragile child who has enough to deal with without getting Covid-19. It's not like it was a big ultrasound that he missed. It was just routine echo. He clearly doesn't understand how serious it is that they are bringing this baby with so many issues into the world during this pandemic. He is so selfish!
In my experience, the same people that throw a fit about not being able to attend appointments, are the same ones that would throw a fit if they got sick. Because in both instances, it's all about them.

I can't go to the appointment! You won't let me! I'm missing out! It's not fair! ME ME ME!

I got sick! You didn't take enough precautions to protect me! It's not fair! ME ME ME!

In their minds, they are being logical. Because it's all only about them. They're actually quite consistent. :lol:
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Fall8888 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:30 am Just watched their most recent video. Could these two be anymore cringy? First of all, why would you want the opening shot to be of your swollen ankles? And look I've been pregnant 3 times with 2 live births but honestly why? And I use to like Phil's energy and laugh but he is so obxious since Alex got pregnant. He honestly is lucky that they even let him go into the Dr appt but then to throw a little temper tantrum about not being included with the ultrasound? They need to understand that they aren't the only ones having a baby. Others are at risk with the more people in the office, get over it. I thought it was funny when Alex told him he needed to get it together. And this whole "homesteading" farm bs, I see it becoming a huge responsibility and too much work after the baby is born. Alex will always be at the hospital and Phil will be at home taking care of everything else. And Alex will try to justify it by saying "well I'm a NICU nurse" even though I have no idea how she ever did her job well. When that person asked them in the elevator about the baby, I was surprised they didn't go into a whole explainination of their "infertility journey". Sorry this was so long. I don't usually comment but every video irritates me more and more.
I’m a regular poster here just changed my username in case anyone was curious as to who the new person writing an essay in the forum is... lol.
I think their shared habit of making such impulsive decisions is rooted in their constant chase of “the perfect life” that they envisioned for themselves. The RV life adventure and the homesteading are just examples of this. They need some therapy to address their deeply rooted issues and I’m not shaming them for that or even saying it in a negative way. None of our lives go 100% according to our pre conceived fairy tale dream plans.... we have to find healthy ways to move forward and be happy for what we do have. P+A are the literal definition of the people who adopted when they were not at all ready or resolved in their feelings of inadequacy related to their infertility... they tried to fill a void and it didn’t work and now they are finally having their long awaited bio baby miracle and they’re going to focus on how their idea of a perfect birth has been destroyed because it won’t be what they dreamed. Newsflash for these 2... very little in life will ever be what you planned, and I’m surprised being as fundie Christian as they are Phil wasn’t ranting about how grateful he is to be in this season with Alex able to watch her give birth to a child finally etc. it’s a big slap in the face to the people who have batted infertility and still have NO children, I’m sure many of those people would be overjoyed to have 2 beautiful adopted girls, or a baby on the way with a treatable, manageable heart condition. Alex mentioning the Ronald McDonald house seemed a bit selfish and insensitive too... isn’t that a program designed for parents who’s kids have much more acute, long term illnesses like cancer ?! Why would she need to take up a space in the Ronald McDonald house from a parent who may be way more in need when she has a baby who will likely have a relatively short NICU stay, with a common condition, when she also lives 40 mins from the hospital and has loads of family support in terms of childcare for her other kids etc.... maybe I’m being overly critical in regards to this but it just seems like she isn’t a prime candidate for utilizing a program like that.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

IVFwarrior wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:58 pm
GGF1987 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm Here is what bothers me about Philip's fit, they are about to bring a medically fragile child into the world. Many of the people in that office are going to be apart of that and are going to come in contact with their medically fragile child. I would think that while it's disappointing for him to miss out on this echo, that he'd be happy they are taking precautions to do their best to keep themselves and others from being exposed. What they are doing is in part to protect their medically fragile child who has enough to deal with without getting Covid-19. It's not like it was a big ultrasound that he missed. It was just routine echo. He clearly doesn't understand how serious it is that they are bringing this baby with so many issues into the world during this pandemic. He is so selfish!
In my experience, the same people that throw a fit about not being able to attend appointments, are the same ones that would throw a fit if they got sick. Because in both instances, it's all about them.

I can't go to the appointment! You won't let me! I'm missing out! It's not fair! ME ME ME!

I got sick! You didn't take enough precautions to protect me! It's not fair! ME ME ME!

In their minds, they are being logical. Because it's all only about them. They're actually quite consistent. :lol:
You hit the nail on the head. Phil is a very selfish person but he uses his jolly, preacher persona to cover that up.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

skiingmama1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:24 pm
Fall8888 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:30 am Just watched their most recent video. Could these two be anymore cringy? First of all, why would you want the opening shot to be of your swollen ankles? And look I've been pregnant 3 times with 2 live births but honestly why? And I use to like Phil's energy and laugh but he is so obxious since Alex got pregnant. He honestly is lucky that they even let him go into the Dr appt but then to throw a little temper tantrum about not being included with the ultrasound? They need to understand that they aren't the only ones having a baby. Others are at risk with the more people in the office, get over it. I thought it was funny when Alex told him he needed to get it together. And this whole "homesteading" farm bs, I see it becoming a huge responsibility and too much work after the baby is born. Alex will always be at the hospital and Phil will be at home taking care of everything else. And Alex will try to justify it by saying "well I'm a NICU nurse" even though I have no idea how she ever did her job well. When that person asked them in the elevator about the baby, I was surprised they didn't go into a whole explainination of their "infertility journey". Sorry this was so long. I don't usually comment but every video irritates me more and more.
I’m a regular poster here just changed my username in case anyone was curious as to who the new person writing an essay in the forum is... lol.
I think their shared habit of making such impulsive decisions is rooted in their constant chase of “the perfect life” that they envisioned for themselves. The RV life adventure and the homesteading are just examples of this. They need some therapy to address their deeply rooted issues and I’m not shaming them for that or even saying it in a negative way. None of our lives go 100% according to our pre conceived fairy tale dream plans.... we have to find healthy ways to move forward and be happy for what we do have. P+A are the literal definition of the people who adopted when they were not at all ready or resolved in their feelings of inadequacy related to their infertility... they tried to fill a void and it didn’t work and now they are finally having their long awaited bio baby miracle and they’re going to focus on how their idea of a perfect birth has been destroyed because it won’t be what they dreamed. Newsflash for these 2... very little in life will ever be what you planned, and I’m surprised being as fundie Christian as they are Phil wasn’t ranting about how grateful he is to be in this season with Alex able to watch her give birth to a child finally etc. it’s a big slap in the face to the people who have batted infertility and still have NO children, I’m sure many of those people would be overjoyed to have 2 beautiful adopted girls, or a baby on the way with a treatable, manageable heart condition. Alex mentioning the Ronald McDonald house seemed a bit selfish and insensitive too... isn’t that a program designed for parents who’s kids have much more acute, long term illnesses like cancer ?! Why would she need to take up a space in the Ronald McDonald house from a parent who may be way more in need when she has a baby who will likely have a relatively short NICU stay, with a common condition, when she also lives 40 mins from the hospital and has loads of family support in terms of childcare for her other kids etc.... maybe I’m being overly critical in regards to this but it just seems like she isn’t a prime candidate for utilizing a program like that.
Maybe that's why they bought where they did. The eligibility for the Nashville Ronald McDonald's House is that you need to live 40 miles or more away from the hospital.

They bought somewhere - while knowing their unborn daughter had medical issues - 43 miles away....
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

IVFwarrior wrote:
Maybe that's why they bought where they did. The eligibility for the Nashville Ronald McDonald's House is that you need to live 40 miles or more away from the hospital.

They bought somewhere - while knowing their unborn daughter had medical issues - 43 miles away....
Did they buy the house right before finding out about the heart defects?

Anyways, I’m bothered by their lack of wearing masks into the hospital. They know they are going to be required to wear them inside and we’ve seen Alex wear masks once early on to the grocery, so they have access. Plus they’ve had plenty of time to find cloth masks by now. I just find it selfish and odd that they aren’t coming prepared with masks at this point. For their own safety, and others. I found it funny they got stuck wearing those cone masks, which from experience of using them when we were facing PPE shortages in the ED, they are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Tiger27 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm
IVFwarrior wrote:

Did they buy the house right before finding out about the heart defects?

Anyways, I’m bothered by their lack of wearing masks into the hospital. They know they are going to be required to wear them inside and we’ve seen Alex wear masks once early on to the grocery, so they have access. Plus they’ve had plenty of time to find cloth masks by now. I just find it selfish and odd that they aren’t coming prepared with masks at this point. For their own safety, and others. I found it funny they got stuck wearing those cone masks, which from experience of using them when we were facing PPE shortages in the ED, they are the worst.

Yep, they had their anatomy scan in mid-Jan but just hid the results until a much later ultrasound (where it was clear they already knew about the cardiac defect). Then they bought and moved into their house in late Feb and hid that for a month as they back-played all their RV stories.

The house definitely came after the diagnosis.
Astrasia
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Astrasia »

Am I the only one triggered by the way Alex was wearing her mask? How fricking hard is it to put it on so that it's not dangling off her nose???
Oma66
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Oma66 »

Astrasia wrote:Am I the only one triggered by the way Alex was wearing her mask? How fricking hard is it to put it on so that it's not dangling off her nose???
Yes!! Every scene she had it in a different position, so obviously she only half heartedly puts it on when the camera was on.

Alex is going to be a PITA when the baby is in the NICU, I mean with ALL her knowledge and crap!!

Scoobs212
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Scoobs212 »

Phil & Alex don't seem to understand that hospital staff are in the business of medicine, not hospitality. It's not their job to make sure Phil can attend all appointments for the sake of warm fuzzies, or that Alex gets her own private birthing suite for her glucose test. If you want to be pampered, go to a spa or a 5 star hotel.
Tangie77
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tangie77 »

I had to stop watching when they went on their NICU questions and how hard it will be to navigate. I had preemie with a 17 day NUCU stay in January and a PDA that closed within 5 days. You figure it out! I spent days there alone while hubby took care of toddler -we had a few overlaps when grandparents had toddler. I commuted 45 minutes to get there. I ate hospital food. I didn’t hold baby for 3 days, didn’t have skin to skin for 6 -didn’t get to nurse until 7 -guess what you figure it out -I hate the constant pity party and they act like they have it worse than anyone else. She being a nurse should know the horrors of NICU
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Ugh the sense of entitlement they have is absolutely horrid and disgusting.

It’s beyond my comprehension how you can not recognize that certain things are just not gonna go your way. You could have chosen to simply be happy with your 2 girls. But noooooo you had keep pushing ivf...knowing that the genetics are just not favorable...could have adopted a healthy embryo...but nope it needed to be the bio-baby. Well shit Alex the fact that a pandemic occurred hit everyone...people can’t be with their elderly parents while dying etc...everything is different right now.they should be glad that they have excellent medical care...not everyone has that.and she should not be granted a spot in the RonaldMCDonald house...let parents stay there that have kids that might never leave the hospital again...

Selfcentered people....yuck yuck yuck
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I can't believe that she's getting her hair done by someone, and without either in masks! I can't imagine getting my hair done right now while pregnant, knowing that if I contract it I would be advised to be quarantined from my newborn for 14 days. I rationalized a hair appointment in a single-chair salon in someone's home because we can both wear masks the entire time. Alex is so flippant about it for someone who is about to give birth to a child with a heart condition.

I also wouldn't be comfortable using charitable funds for housing close to the hospital after buying a nice $425,000 home on land. They clearly have funds at their disposal. If they can afford multiple rounds of IVF, completely renovating that RV that they barely used, all that travel, and that property, why can't they budget in order to afford a hotel near the hospital if they don't want to drive 40 minutes both ways? My guess is they live beyond their means and don't know how to budget, especially not for private health insurance for a child with special medical needs.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:22 am I can't believe that she's getting her hair done by someone, and without either in masks! I can't imagine getting my hair done right now while pregnant, knowing that if I contract it I would be advised to be quarantined from my newborn for 14 days. I rationalized a hair appointment in a single-chair salon in someone's home because we can both wear masks the entire time. Alex is so flippant about it for someone who is about to give birth to a child with a heart condition.

I also wouldn't be comfortable using charitable funds for housing close to the hospital after buying a nice $425,000 home on land. They clearly have funds at their disposal. If they can afford multiple rounds of IVF, completely renovating that RV that they barely used, all that travel, and that property, why can't they budget in order to afford a hotel near the hospital if they don't want to drive 40 minutes both ways? My guess is they live beyond their means and don't know how to budget, especially not for private health insurance for a child with special medical needs.
Priorities, all wrong. And after all the lectures of being clean, toxins etc, then puts something toxic on her hair.
Kinsley needs a haircut badly but no, Alex first.
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

The “toxins” and “chemicals” bullshit makes me so mad. Did she ever take a single chemistry class when she became a nurse? Just because you’re not educated enough to pronounce it or understand how it works doesn’t mean it’s inherently dangerous.

The ingredients in standard makeup and skin care are way less hazardous than what is in hair dye.

I can’t believe she’s selling this stupid beauty counter makeup as “the last thing she had to change for ‘clean living’” but then goes and gets her hair dyed. That’s not ‘clean’ at all.

The hypocrisy kills me.
Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

Astrasia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 am Am I the only one triggered by the way Alex was wearing her mask? How fricking hard is it to put it on so that it's not dangling off her nose???
Triggered? No. Annoyed yes!
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

I just watched the vlog where they learn that only 1 parent is allowed in the NICU at a time. They are furious about it. They think it’s an overreaction out of fear of the virus. They take the masks off at every opportunity. They say it’s more about deal.

I’m starting to think they no longer think the virus is a big deal.

I mean, they totally used it for views at the beginning. She gave tutorials from being a nurse on how to safely wear masks and wash hands. She hinted that she thought they’d caught it when they were sick. Anything to make quick money for views.

But now that their plan isn’t perfect, she’s pissed. She says the baby won’t be able to bond with them one at a time. That being away from parents is trauma.

But.... only one parent can hold a baby at a time anyway.

I wonder if she’s more furious about the one at a time rule, or if it’s about not getting pictures and videos to profit off of.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

PinkMoscato wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm I just watched the vlog where they learn that only 1 parent is allowed in the NICU at a time. They are furious about it. They think it’s an overreaction out of fear of the virus. They take the masks off at every opportunity. They say it’s more about deal.

I mean, they totally used it for views at the beginning. She gave tutorials from being a nurse on how to safely wear masks and wash hands. She hinted that she thought they’d caught it when they were sick. Anything to make quick money for views.

But now that their plan isn’t perfect, she’s pissed. She says the baby won’t be able to bond with them one at a time. That being away from parents is trauma.

I wonder if she’s more furious about the one at a time rule, or if it’s about not getting pictures and videos to profit off of.
I think they do a lot of secret filming. Remember Phil when the meth-lab RV blew up? Clearly he had been told not to film - it was so obvious he was trying to hide it.

So yeah, if only one is allowed in the NICU at a time, they won't be able to get sneaky footage of one parent AND the baby in the same shot.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

I am fighting the urge to lay into them on this new video! These two are so selfish and it makes me so mad!
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

PinkMoscato wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm I just watched the vlog where they learn that only 1 parent is allowed in the NICU at a time. They are furious about it. They think it’s an overreaction out of fear of the virus. They take the masks off at every opportunity. They say it’s more about deal.

It could be so much worse is my thing! There are women giving birth alone because some hospitals aren't allowing anyone with them or they don't want to take a chance on having someone else around their older children, so the husband stays home with the kids. I have a friend who gave birth back in via emergency c-section and her boyfriend wasn't allowed in and her baby spent 2 weeks in NICU where only one of them could visit at a time. Does it suck? Sure. But the babies in NICU have enough going on without contracting Covid-19. They've already had outbreaks in NICU's. They have to take every precaution they can. For people who preach about finding the joy in everything, they are sure are doing a really poor job of it right now and are acting like spoiled rotten children! I pitty the nurses who have to deal with these two while their baby is in the NICU because they are going to be the worst parents they've probably ever dealt with!

Return to “Phil and Alex”